In The Future

Only A Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dreams are not real.

They are only real if by fate and the universe is letting nature take its course.

Not all dreams are good and not all dreams are bad.

Some are nightmares.

Then there are the ones that scare us and wish that, that dream never came to mind in the first place. Especially if it meant being in a different lifetime.

Sometimes dreams and nightmares can mean something but all in all. It's only the mind playing games.

- - -

Jeongyeon was in the library looking over a review for an exam and she was inside one of the study rooms. It was quiet and no one could disturb her. Not even her boyfriend Bobby who was always attached to her by the hip.

They have been through a few roller coaster rides and hoped it was coming to an end but it didn't seem like it.

Jeongyeon had been avoiding Bobby for the past few days and it bothered her knowing she lied a few times but she got a chance to talk to her professors and requesting extra credit. It was better to keep her mind busy than to think of the one thing that was really bothering her.

A week ago, she was having a hard time going to sleep. She tossed and the mattress hoping to get comfortable but it didn't work. She got up and got a glass of water but after she drank it. She ended up going to the bathroom to pee.

She had no idea why her mind was awake.

It just was.

She had grabbed her phone and messaged to Bobby to see if he is awake but not getting anything in return. She knew he was knocked out. He had been helping Hanbin the past few weeks with the lyrics for a few songs and sometimes they would be late at school.

At first, Jeongyeon didn't like the idea of not being able to spend time with Bobby but she didn't want to be the type of girlfriend to keep her boyfriend from his friends and music. It wasn't fair to her to be selfish that way.

Sighing, Jeongyeon went back to her room to shut her eyes and nothing happened. She counted sheep to twenty and by the time she got to fifty, her eyes were closing and her mind was starting to shut off.

Hearing the sound of the door opening, Jeongyeon looked up and saw Jennie come in and sit down across from her. A few weeks from the music festival, Jennie and her had been becoming good friends and when the new semester came around. They got two classes together and since they were on good terms now, it wasn't a problem.

Jeongyeon confide not only in Mijoo, Momo, Nayeon but also in Jennie as well. She even helped with advice when Jennie asked when she dealing with her long time crush.

The universe has a way with how things turn out.

"I've been looking for you." Jennie put her things on the table and pulled a few things out. "Are you still avoiding Bobby?"

Not answering the question at all. Silence gave the answer away.

Jennie sighed and opened her book from her last class and started working on her review. "You can't keep doing this. He will know something is up and you don't want him to think the worse either."

Jeongyeon put her head down making a thump with the table. "I just can't stop thinking about it. It felt real and it was scary."

"But it wasn't real, remember that." Jennie didn't look up from her notes. She continued to scribble a few things before she stopped and looked at her friend in front of her. "Look, not all dreams are true. It will only happen if you want it too and if it's what he really wants that. You both are basically gum and a shoe stuck together. I doubt that dream means nothing."

"Gum and a shoe? Really? Why couldn't you just use PBJ instead?" Jeongyeon moved her head up and stared at her friend. "I feel traumatized by it. When I close my eyes and sleep I'm scared to have it again."

"You're letting it consume you that's why. It's not healthy." Jennie sighed crossing her arms under her chest. "Just tell him and get it over with. I'm sure you will feel better and you can sleep in peace."

"What if you had the dream with Kihyun?" Jeongyeon asked bluntly. "What would you do?"

Jennie felt her heart jump in panic to the sudden question. It had only been a few weeks since she and Kihyun started to date and things were going very well. She enjoyed her time with him and his friends. He made her feel important with warm feelings she had been missing since her mother got busy with work. "I would tell him."

"You wouldn't be scared?"

"No, because I'm being honest with what is scaring me and not letting me consume me. I get to talk about it in the open and get it off my shoulders." Jennie leaned forward on the table and sighed looking at Jeongyeon. "I know we are still learning about each other but it's clear we trust each other now. So trust me and tell Bobby about the dream. Sure it will be scary and you will be anxious but remember, you have him by your side and he loves you. It's only a dream."

Jeongyeon sighed and closed her eyes. "It felt like a nightmare."

Jennie bit her bottom lip and took out her phone checking if Kihyun had messaged her. Sure enough he did and a smile was across her face.

Fate did have a strange way bringing two people together for sure.

A vibrating sound was suddenly heard around the room. Jennie looked at Jeongyeon who opened her eyes and grabbed her phone from the side. She read the text that was from Bobby and felt her heart racing. "I'm guessing you really want me to rip off the bandage?"

Jeongyeon showed the text to Jennie as she read the message.

Bunny:

We need to talk.

Jennie averted her eyes from the cell phone to Jeongyeon and said nothing. Only a nod was giving and Jeongyeon collected her things and said goodbye to Jennie leaving her alone the room to finish up her review.

Good luck friend.

- - -

He wasn't stupid.

He knew.

Bobby knew for the past few days that Jeongyeon had been avoiding him for some odd reason. Every time he tried to hold her closer to where their chests would touch and when he would kiss her deeply; every time he was doing something intimate Jeongyeon would push him away and it would feel awkward.

Something was up and she was hiding it.

He thought maybe it was her period or something but it wasn't. Something was occupying her mind and it was hurting him knowing she kept it to herself than talking about it. They weren't just only boyfriend-girlfriend, they were also best friends when they seriously talked about things.

That's what he loves about her. Not only did he see her as a love but as a friend to talk to. But lately he had been seeing the distance she was putting up. He wanted to break it but he was starting to worry.

Bobby waited outside of the campus leaning against the brick wall as he felt it sticking to his clothes a few times. A few girls were giggling to each other as they stared at him. He didn't pay attention to them. He already had a girl in his heart and it wasn't going to change.

Although, it would be different and hard to move on. He didn't even want to think of Jeongyeon not being in his life anymore. It scared him and made him feel weak.

She is his world and love.

He wouldn't ask for anything else just Yoo Jeongyeon was all he needed.

Just her.

A few seconds past before he decided to look up and saw Jeongyeon standing just a few feet away from him. He pushed himself off the wall and went towards her. "Hey Baby."

She smiled weakly. "Hi."

The feeling between them felt awkward and uncomfortable. It was bothering Bobby so much, he hated how it even became like that. He let out a sigh and grabbed her right hand. "Is there something I should know about?"

Jeongyeon stayed quiet for a few seconds. "Like what?"

He reached out for the other hand and interlaced both of them. He took a step closer and pressed his forehead on top of her head. "Baby please, talk to me. I hate feeling this way. This feeling of us not being able to talk to each other about stuff. Something is bothering you, I know it is. I've been giving you the space you need, but now I feel as if you might be... having different feelings for me."

NO!

Jeongyeon moved herself back and stared at his brown eyes. Her eyes watered and ignored the fact that Bobby was staring at her in shock as he saw her tears. "What's wrong?"

She opened to say something but no words came out. Tears slid down her cheek quickly as the strong pain in was starting to hurt and the pain just came more and tears continued to flow down.

Bobby released one of his hands with hers and cupped one side of her face. "What's wrong Baby? Talk to me and we will figure this out. I promise."

Jeongyeon had to pull herself together. No more tears. She took in a deep breath, slowly letting it out as she shut her eyes and opened them again. "I don't want to lose you. I'm scared that I will lose you one day and I don't think I can let you go."

It hurts.

So much.

Reacting quickly, Bobby pulled her into his chest holding her tightly. He moved to her neck and kissed the outer shell of her ear. "Oh Baby, that will never happen. You'll always have me. I'm always going to be yours and you have my heart. No one else can take that away from you. I'm not going anywhere."

She cried into his chest.

She fisted his hoodie that had the same strong scent from his cologne he always wore. He never changed it expect once and Jeongyeon didn't talk to him for a day until he went back to the old one. Oh the things people do for love.

He hushed her as he closed his eyes letting her cry and her hair. He slowly swung them side to side even though people were passing by. He didn't care, he knew that if he swung Jeongyeon, it would sooth her. He held her closer to him squeezing her into him. He kissed her head repeatedly until she was more calm.

He felt dumb now to even think she could be getting second thoughts on another person. He sighed as he felt her fingers digging into his hoodie. He smiled at her slender fingers on him as it gave him an sensation.

But now wasn't the time to think about that.

Bobby slowly pulled Jeongyeon away to take a look at her. Her nose was all reddish pink and cute with the slimy boogers forming. Her eyes were bloodshot red now but it was good that she cried and let out anything that was bothering her.

He cupped her face as he leaned in giving her a chaste kiss as she gladly returned back. He didn't press hard on her lips like he normally does. It wasn't the right time. It needed to be soft and tender. Her lips were soft and smooth as they moved together with his.

It felt enchanted to how a chaste kiss can be amazing and sweet.

He pulled back leaning his forehead on hers. "What makes you think you're going to lose me?"

Jeongyeon sniffled up back her slimy boogers. "A few nights ago, I had a dream that felt so real it scared me and I've been afraid to go back to sleep because I don't want to see it again."

Bobby leaned away from her and kissed her forehead. He closed his eyes and left his lips there. He didn't move and neither did Jeongyeon. They stayed in place.

Jeongyeon put her hands on his chest and fisted his hoodie again for a moment before he pulled her back into his chest. "I had been avoiding you because of it. I'm sorry."

He chuckled for a second as he wrapped his arms around her body. "Let's go to my house and you can tell me about this dream."

Staying quiet, Bobby got his answer from Jeongyeon. They stayed in the same spot for another few minutes before they got the bus and took them away to his home.

- - -

It was funny how fate had a way with things.

In their final year of college, another music festival was held and what no one knew was that different CEO's from different companies were coming to look at new groups to see what they had brought to show. It was until the next week those who had performed something got a letting in the mail asking to meet the company that wanted to sign them.

Bobby and his friend got signed with YG Entertainment, keeping their group name. iKON.

Jeongyeon and her friends signed with JYP Entertainment, keeping their group name. Twice.

A few others signed with different ones but some were in the same. It was like a dream come true for those who never dreamed of being an famous idol.

But being famous took a lot of hard work, training in vocals, training in dance, learning different languages when they would travel around and most importantly was being a family to your members.

Jeongyeon got along with her members expect there was one time when Momo and Mina were in the outs and a few of the members were taking sides until Jihyo and Nayeon spoke to everyone in a circle and venting out the problem.

They did that every two weeks in their dorm helping each other the best they could so no one could be having negative thoughts towards one another.

Practices ran late every day expect Sunday giving them the day off but to Jeongyeon, she took those day to see Bobby. They had been going strong for three years and honestly, it was getting harder to see each other.

They were always busy with their crazy schedule and other competition with another group that was also getting ready to debut. Bobby would sleep most of the time since his body would lack sleep and Hanbin would always get him up at random times. Helping him compose another song to get it ready for the next few days.

Lack of communication changes a lot in a relationship.

It got harder to see him and it hurt.

Feelings sometimes change in the process as well. Another year had passed by for Jeongyeon and Bobby. They had only seen each other three times within the whole year. Not even a cell phone could fix anything. No one got a day off anymore. Jeongyeon was getting ready to debut and Bobby had already done it with s a few months ago.

Everything was changing for them.

It felt like a good change but nothing could change the pain that was settling inside her heart. It was breaking for a few months in the past four years but she later stopped denying it and accepted it. It was broken and going numb.

To her surprise one night, she got a text from Bobby hoping if they could meet. He was anxious to see her. It had been so long and every part of his body was getting different feelings just wanting to see her. He didn't think it would be so hard being in different companies and then the lack of communication happened.

Hanbin and Bobby would talk about their relationship to each other since the others ended up calling theirs off expect Junhoe. After one pregnant scare with Myungeun, he promised to keep in touch with her and keep holding on. Jinhwan and Mijoo stayed as close friends but everyone knew they were probably still secretly dating.

Donghyuk and Yerin called it quits after two years. She got busy and Jimin needed someone by her since Mino broke up with her. Yunhyeong and Jisoo were still strong but she left the idol life due to her illness and she couldn't let Yunhyeong leave it.

Chanwoo and Dahyun were going well too but scandals were getting out for them being too young to date. So the company made them break up. Chanwoo was devastated for a while same for Dahyun but it had to be done. Idol life was nothing no one expected. It changed everything.

Sometimes it's for the best and sometimes it's for the bad.

Bobby let a sigh as he was sitting on the bench with a black cap on with his matching hoodie and black ripped skinny jeans. He waited for a while and felt movement next to him. He looked from the corner of his eye and saw Jeongyeon covering up her face with a doctor's mask. He knew it was her since she had a white cap on with two hoop earrings on her left side.

He had given that to her as a gift on their second year anniversary. The way she dressed was the same since they dated. Black skinny jeans with a white over sized shirt. He scooted closer to her and placed his arms around her shoulders and kissing her head. "I've missed you."

Jeongyeon didn't say anything. She closed her eyes trying to fight off the pain she had been carrying for an year and tonight was going to hurt her more than him. After all, she is doing it for the both of them. She knew he wouldn't be able to do it. So she had to be the stronger one and do it.

"So much has happened. Hanbin and I have been going on a few variety shows with the others. It's a hectic schedule. I barely get to call my mom and say hi to her." He chuckled as he wrapped his other arm around her.

Jeongyeon took in his scent as she closed her eyes. The scent was different. It was stronger and made her feel nauseated. She only kept listening to what Bobby had to say. She had texted him everything that happened to her through the cell phone but he never responded back.

He read them but didn't respond.

Busy schedule.

"Hanbin and Hayi called it quits a month ago. He was pretty ok with it but now its awkward since we are all in the same company. He avoids her and she has been hanging around this new duo; they are siblings. Suhyun and Chanhyuk. Hanbin thinks Hayi has a crush on Chanhyuk now. Its good I guess." he chuckled as he snuggled to her more. Her scent was the same as always. He missed it. It always drove him crazy and just made him want to sniff it all day.

Holding her in his arms felt like an eternity. The closer he held her, her realized she had lost weight. He couldn't believe it at first but he still kept her close. He wanted to enjoy what he had left. He had to sneak out of the dorm for a while just to see his gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter