Chapter 3

The Trip

[ Seol-Hee p.o.v ]

 


A sense of fear had dominated us. All of us. With quickly steps we had gone back to the car and got inside. Himchan was sitting next to me, at the driver's seat and everyone else were sitting at the backseat. I looked outside of the window towards the forest. It was late at night, darkness was everywhere and the idea of a killer wandering around made my heard beating faster. The only thing i had in my mind was to leave from this place, to return back to Seoul. I was confident that we would escape easily from here until i heard Himchan hitting hard the steering wheel. "!" I turned my head to look at him. "What is wrong oppa? " Himchan gave an anxious glance at me and then looked at the others. "The car can't start. We don't have any gas."  "What the hell? It was almost full when we came at the cabin some hours ago. What do you mean there is no gas? " Kyung-ah asked almost with an angry tone. "Himchan oppa try again. We...we can't stay here." Sora looked at him, also frightened. Himchan tried again and of course nothing happened. "Let me see what is wrong..there is no way that we don't have gas." I opened the door next to me and stepped out of the car. I noticed that the others did the same with me, the left the car.

With a quick check around the car, i didn't have a problem to find out what was wrong. "The reserve tank has a hole on it. All the gas had leaked out. See? " I pointed at the ground under the car. "And if i guess right, the hole is freshly made" Sora looked at me.  "You have to do something Seol-hee. We can't stay here."  "I can change the battery. "  "What do you mean?" Kyung-ah asked. "What i mean is..that i can take the battery from Himchan's car and put it at Yongguk's oppa car. It will take me no more than five minute." Daehyun nodded his head. "Good idea Seol-hee. Do it"   Quickly,i went in front of our car so i could take the battery. I opened the hood but what i saw inside made me scream from fear. I heard Himchan quickly rushed to my side and i grabbed his hand. "Oh my god..." Himchan took a look at were the battery was supposed to be. But instead of the battery there was a note on a paper and what looked like blood around the machine. By now, the others were next to us, all terrified by the sight in front of us.

Himchan took the note in his hands and started to read those red letters. "It wouldn't be fun if the battery was here, would it? I hide it somewhere here. Find it." At the end of the note i noticed that there was a smiling face, drew by the killer probably. "Oh no..this can't be...when we were searching for Yongguk oppa, the killer was here. Messing with the cars. That means that he is still here. We have to leave." Sora looked at all of us. I haven't seen her so terrified before. But i couldn't blame her i felt the same way. "We should go to the police or the neighbours i don't know. But we can't stay here. " Himchan threw the paper down, next to his feet.

"Himchan hyung, the highway is like a twenty minutes from here with the car. And the neighbours are way too long if we walk towards them." Daehyun was right. We were in the middle of the forrest with no car and a killer is trying to mess with us. Just walking to the highway or the neighbours isn't a good solution. "After all we still need to go back to the others. We can't leave them back. If we walk back to the cabin is almost ten minutes i guess..still is a better idea than going to the highway by feet."

 "Kyung-ah is right. We can't leave them." I closed the hood and took again Himchan's hand. "I have an idea but..is a little risky. Let's do what he says. Let's find the battery and Seol-hee would put it back to the car. In the mean time some of us would go back to the cabin... we will gather up and wait until you come and get us with the car. And then we will all leave." Sora looked at us waiting for an approval or not to the idea that she suggested. I wasn't sure if that would work out but still it was a better idea than Himchan's. "Alright let's do that. Also, i recalled that Yongguk had at the trunk of his car some baseball bats that purchased some days ago. You know...he..he wanted to donate them and the rest of the equipment at a children's orphanage which is at a town near us." Himchan said and everyone went silent. Just the thought that Yongguk wasn't alive anymore made us sad. Especially Sora, who seemed to be quite affected by the whole situation.

"Alright. Let's go" Daehyun took the courage to talk and soon all of us had a bat. Thankfully, the killer didn't find out about them. Or maybe he did and just wanted us to take them. "So...you and Seol-hee are staying here to find the battery and fix the car while me, Sora and Kyung-ah will go back to the others. We will wait for you at the cabin...good luck." "Good luck to you too. And don't worry Daehyun we will make it"  I looked at the girls and opened my arms to hug them. I wasn't sure if we made it, i hope we did but...no one knows.  "You can make it Seol-hee. We believe in you." I felt Sora's hand caressing my back and i just nodded my head in agreement. "And take care ok? See you soon." Kyung-ah hugged me one last time. "Okay..see you soon." 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Sora's p.o.v ]

 


Thankfully, nothing happened to us while we were walking back to the wooden cabin. I was holding firmly the bad with my right hand and always i was looking around from time to time to make sure that no one was following us. Everything was uncomfortably quite but i tried to shook the sense of fear and suspiciousness that were  still building inside me. "Thank god, we made it. Come on, lets see the others." Kyun-ah beckoned us to follow and all started to run to the wooden pic nic table in where we left the three of them. When we reached the table i heard Kyung-ah huffing from relied as she saw all of them still alive, sitting at the table. The were seemed to be quite relaxed, so they didn't know anything about the killer. Youngjae noticed that we were all upset and stood up from where he was sitting. "What is wrong guys, you don't seem to be alright. Is everything wrong? Where is Yongguk hyung, did you find him?"  "Yongguk oppa is dead. We found him dead in the forest, someone killed him. We have to get out of here." Youngjae looked astonished at her and then at all of us. "Stop fooling around. Okay, we get it the house is supposed to be haunted. Now, tell us where is Yongguk hyung." Zelo crossed his hands to his broad chest and looked with a stern glance at us.  "She is telling the truth Zelo. Yongguk hyung is dead. We saw him. Right now Seol-hee and Himchan hyung trying to fix the car so we would leave. Come on, get up. We have to go inside the cabin for safety." Jongup seemed to be persuaded as he stood up, telling Zelo to stand up too. "You are not kidding right?" I shook my head to Jongup. "No, we don't...let's go inside."


As we were all heading inside, a loud noise, like heavy footsteps was heard from the woods next to us. "What was that?" I asked and turned my head to look. There wasn't anything there. The table was still in its position and the forest looked like usual. Suddenly, through the dark, i noticed something red. Two small red glowing circles were visible inside the forest, which slowly were getting bigger and bigger. "Inside the house, now!" Daehyun yelled and then all of us started to run , like maniacs, towards the house. As soon as we were inside, Zelo, with quick moves locked up the doors while the rest of the boys were closing the windows at the ground floor. I was so shocked at that moment that i need to sit down somewhere. Fortunately, there was a couch in front of me, so i sat there. "Alright guys, everything is locked up, we are fine." Jongup said while closing the last window. "What the hell was that red thing? Did you see that?"  "We saw it Sora. I don't know what is was...i just want to leave from here. To be more exact, all of us wants that.." Kyung-ah took a deep breath and sat next to me at the couch. "Why you didn't call the police?" Zelo asked and we all look at him. "There is no signal here Zelo. I don't know. We just don't " Daehyun checked again his smartphone for signal, but,again, there wasn't any. "I feel guilty somehow...if we shouldn't have left Seol-hee and Himchan oppa behind? I am worried about them." Daehyun turned his head to look at me and kneeled in front of me. "Sora...they are alright. Himchan hyung is taking good care of Seol-hee" I felt his hand touching my knee. "We have to leave them back so they would fix the car. In a matter of minutes they will be back with the car and we will all leave from here." He stood up and reached his hand to cup my cheek. He leaned down to me and gave me a reassuring kiss on my lips. "I think that we are alright... i don't see anything" Youngjae was standing next to the window, looking outside for those red circles of light. Kyung-ah stood up from the couch and walked towards him. "Maybe that thing is hiding. I don't think that he left so easily. " She placed her hand on him and looked out of the window. Me , from the other hand, stood up from the couch and let the bat, where everyone else have let them when they have got inside the house. While i was going towards Youngjae and Kyung-ah, suddenly the power went off. Everything abruptly was pitch black.