Aunt Roberta Brings Out The Love

All Out Rookie

“Give me an Aunt Roberta,” Jennie says to the bartender, eyes trained on the table that she just left. “Hard night?” The bartender kindly offers conversation. It was essentially part of the job: Serve variations of ethanol to clubbers, but also offer an ear to listen to customers and their problems. Jennie immediately jumps at the offer, “Ugh, you don’t know the half of it.” The bartender kindly nods with an understanding noise. He’s heard it all before.

 

“Here, Miss. It’s on me; you look like you could use it,” the bartender sets Jennie’s Aunt Roberta on the countertop, ready for consumption. Now, Aunt Roberta is a very hard drink, literally a mix of pure alcoholic drinks: Jin, vodka, brandy, Blackberry liquor, and absinthe. "Free booze? I like you, Mr..." Jennie glances down to the nametag on the bartender's uniform, "Jin." The girl lowly chuckles a little upon reading, "Your name sure is appropriate for your job, Jin. The name's Jennie." 

 

Jennie was obviously aiming to get smashed. Lifting up the glass to her lips, she takes a giant chug at the concoction.

 

And immediately regrets it.

 

“ING HELL,” Jennie grimaces at the burn of the ethanol in . The outburst wasn’t entirely because of the alcohol though. The bartender knows because Jennie drank that like a pro despite yelling at the top of her lungs. “Now that you’ve gotten some booze in you, what’s wrong, dollface?”

 

With a strong shade of pink starting to dust her cheeks, Jennie shoots a glance back at their table, where her friends are currently seated. Jennie points a shaky finger to the purple-haired girl seated in the center of the table with a smile that’s ingrained itself in Jennie’s skull forever. The bartender moves closer to follow where Jennie’s slender finger was pointing.

 

“That beautiful piece of is my problem.”

 

Jin, the bartender, has an understanding expression, “You like her but she can’t be yours?” Jennie immediately shoots Jin an appalled expression, “What? Oh no, I’m not that hopeless. She is actually my girlfriend.” The understanding previously on Jin’s face was replaced with confusion, and a lot of it. “Well, what’s the problem then? Your girlfriend seems like a wonderful person from here.” 

 

Jennie gives an approving nod as she continues to stare at Jisoo. Her gaze is full of love despite the alcohol in her blood. Jin smiles at the blatant affection. “She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me, yeah.” Proceeding to be attacked by her feels, Jennie takes another hard swig at her drink. “. This ’s really strong, Jin.” The bartender smiles proudly, “It’s the strongest drink in the house, and it’s also my specialty.”

 

Jennie gives a nod of confirmation. "Damn this is strong." She downs the rest of the drink in one chug and turns back to Jin. Her entire face is red now, but she still looks sober. Is she even red from the alcohol? "Thanks for the free drink, Jin. It was nice talking to you for a while," Jennie charmingly grins, followed by a thumbs up. The bartender reciprocates, "It was my pleasure. I love making Aunt Roberta, but only a few people are good enough to drink it."

 

With that, Jennie heads back to her friends, and Jin goes back to tending to his beloved bar. A few seconds later, he gets a tap on the shoulder. It was another girl, but this one had fiery orange hair unlike Jennie with her long brown hair. She looks foreign. "Hi! I'd like to order four martinis please." 

 

Jin raises an eyebrow at the request. If he's not mistaken, this girl is from the table that Jennie pointed to earlier. Shooting a quick glance at the aforementioned table, he sees Jennie and the purple-haired girl from earlier sitting very close together. They looked happy. Lisa coughs a little, implicitly asking Jin to make the drinks that she requested already. He gets a little flustered from being caught spacing out, "I'll get to making them. Why don't you sit down for a bit?" Lisa nods as she sets herself on the barstool, looking every bit of 'Saturday Night' that she's thought to be. 

 

"Your friends look happy together," Jin tries to make a little conversation with Lisa. The girl perks up and enthusiastically gushes about her two friends, "I know, right? They're perfect for each other, honestly." Lisa looks back at the two with tender eyes, "I honestly think that they're going to get married one day, just you wait and see." Jin laughs at the certainty in the girl's tone. "Oh, I wouldn't doubt it. Alcohol makes people tell the truth."

 

Chaeyoung keeps glancing at the bar, silently observing the interaction between the bartender and Lisa. It was always a good idea to keep an eye out for your friends, especially in dark and crowded places like these. She glances the two lovebirds to her right. They should be okay by themselves for a few minutes, right? Right. 

 

"I'm going to head to the bar to help Lisa out with the drinks. Don't start ing on the couch, okay? Control yourself, Jennifer." The girl slips out and heads to Lisa and Jin's direction, who was almost done making the drinks. Jennie sticks her tongue out at Chaeyoung's comment. Even if she was thoroughly drunk, she knew better than to try getting it on with Jisoo in a club.

 

"What's gotten her all bothered?" Jisoo asks Jennie, who was almost sitting on her lap. It was always like this whenever Jennie drank. She was even more clingy than she usually was, even more than in the morning when Jisoo tries to wake her up. Jennie glances in the direction of her girlfriend's gaze and makes a sound of understanding. "It's because the bartender is good-looking." 

 

Jisoo scoffs, "Chaeyoungie of all people must know that there is not an ounce of heterouality in Lalisa Manoban." Jennie laughs and hits Jisoo's shoulder, "Yes, we know that, but that still doesn't change that Jin is good-looking and is a gentleman." Jisoo seriously stares at Jennie flushed face for a few moments before bringing Jennie's arms around her shoulders and wrapping her own around Jennie's exposed waist. She hugs Jennie closer to her, resting her head on the girl's chest before speaking in a small voice, "Okay, now I get it."

 

Jennie coos at the older girl currently hugging her close. "Aww, is my Chichu jealous?" Jisoo replies by tightening her hold on the younger girl's waist. "I guess so..." Jennie pats Jisoo's head a few times to help soothe her girlfriend's heart. This was all too cute. "Well, you don't have to be jealous just because I find Jin handsome, I still have eyes, Chichu." Jisoo then decides that it's the perfect time to be petty. Maybe it was the bit that she had to drink, but she oddly had more courage than usual. "But I want to be the most good-looking person in your eyes," the older girl pouts in a rare display of aegyo. 

 

Jennie giggles before pulling Jisoo away from her chest a little, just enough for them to be able to look into each other's eyes. "You're good-looking too, don't ever doubt that." Jennie plays with a lock of Jisoo's silky purple hair. "But you make me happy, and that's what really matters." 

 

She follows that sentence with a kiss on the girl's forehead. "The happiest person in the world."

 

Another followed on the tip of Jisoo's nose. "Happier than I thought I deserved."

 

Jennie stares into Jisoo's eyes for a heartbeat. Their breaths are light and content. "Happier than I thought was even possible." Jennie shows her signature gummy smile. 

 

"You did all that. With your smile, your jokes, your craziness." Jennie pulls Jisoo closer to her by the collar of her one-piece. 

 

"Late night pillowfights, hot chocolate on the rooftop under the stars, running across town when Dalgom ran after a cat." Jisoo laughs are the memory. They went outside in their house slippers and they had to give Dalgom a long bath after. "Your stupid balancing game that I can honestly never get the hang of. All of those weird catchphrases that I can't get rid of in my head," Jennie laughs. "Wow, now that I'm listing all of this down, you can really see that you're a total weirdo." Jisoo hits Jennie's arm, followed by an amused "Yah!" 

 

When their laugher dies down, there is an evident lull. A few heartbeats pass, and they could clearly feel their breaths mingling, just inches apart. Slowly, Jisoo adjusts along with Jennie, getting the positioning just comfortable. Their eyes closed slowly as they came together for a slow and tender kiss. It lasts for several wonderful seconds before they break apart. 

 

Jennie takes a deep breath before she continues, "So thank you. For giving me happiness. For giving me love. For giving me the best moments of my life." Jennie looks up for a moment, deciding that yeah, this was it. The moment was perfect and she wouldn't have it any other way. "That being said..." Jennie clears .

 

"Marry me."

 

Jisoo is frozen. "C-come again?" Jennie rolls her eyes with a good-natured smile at the request, but obliges. "Marriage. Tie the knot. Get hitched. Holy matrimony. Honestly, I could go on forever with these synonyms. Just..." 

 

Jennie brings Jisoo closer to her this time, and tightly hugs the older girl with all her might, like the strength of her hug could convey all the feelings that she can't convey. "Please live your life with me, Kim Jisoo."

 

The older girl brushes off the beginning of tears that are forming in her eyes. She was going to spend her life with this idiot, yeah. "Looks like we're stuck with each other, Kim Jennie."

 

Jisoo grins. "My wife."