Do you wanna build a snowman?

All Out Rookie

Jennie has her chin propped up on the sofa's armrest, languidly staring at their television set currently screening Frozen. Anna had just bumped Hans off the edge of the pier. Jennie makes a retching sound. "Well that looks like the start of a relationship."

 

"SHHH!" Lisa's head whips around with a slender finger pressed on her lips. She moves forward from her position on the carpet, closer to the TV screen. The girl had insisted to sit on the floor even though they had a perfectly comfortable couch. Jennie rolls her eyes; Hans was nothing to shush her about.

 

Chaeyoung stretches herself across from the other end of the sofa to whisper to Jennie. The position looks awkward, as she's essentially laying on Jisoo's lap, who was seated in the centre of the sofa. "Dude, you should be nice. It's her first time watching Frozen."

 

Jennie's eyes flit down to where the girl's exposed stomach is brushing against Jisoo's thighs. "Okay, I'll behave." She taps the younger girl on the shoulder, motioning for her to sit properly. A satisfied smile plays on Chaeyoung's lips as she goes back to watching the movie. As soon as she does though, Jennie mutters, "That still doesn't make Hans any better than dirt - "

 

Jisoo just pinched her thigh.

 

It elicits a tiny squeak from Jennie. You wouldn't really hear it unless you were actually listening for it. Years of being around Jisoo have trained her to keep her voice down, apparently. Her head snaps to her left and - oh.

 

Jisoo's face is close; much too close.

 

"Wha -" Jennie moves back slightly, startled by the proximity. Their eyes meet, and Jennie falters; Jisoo is giving her the look. She's obviously doing this to keep Jennie from ruining the movie for Lisa. The girl sure knows how to play her cards because it's definitely working.

 

Jennie's jaw is dropped as she meets the older girl's gaze. It's half a reprimand plus half a 'You're so hopeless, Jendeuk'. Eyes flit down to Jisoo's lips where there's a cross between a pout and a frown.  Jennie can't seem to look away, much less offer a response. Have her brain processes suddenly stopped?

 

It's only when the sensation of the back of Jisoo's hand on her thigh sends jolts to Jennie's head that she manages to nod. The action draws a smile from the older girl, who gives an approving smile before she turns back to the movie, hands neatly folded on her lap. Anna and Hans were just about finished singing Love Is An Open Door.

 

Jennie doesn't really understand, but she feels like she's lost? Did she just lose to Hans?

 

The girl lets out a sigh. Men ruling the world once again; even her members are siding with the enemy. She just resigns to keeping quiet for the rest of the film - even if Hans is a disgusting human.

 

(In reality, the members just really want to watch the movie in peace. Jennie is being that annoying friend.)

 

'Well,' Jennie moves closer to Jisoo. She gently pries Jisoo's right hand from her lap and brings the older girl's arm around her. She rests her head against Jisoo's shoulder and lets out a relaxed breath. 'Might as well suffer in comfort.'

 

As if Jennie said that out loud, Jisoo lets out a small chuckle before she rests her head against Jennie's in return. Jennie smiles as she watches Hans and Anna's spontaneous marriage plans getting cancelled by Elsa.

 

What a literal queen.

 

*

 

"Ahh, Frozen is so good!" Lisa gets up from her position on the floor and jumps around like a kid high on sour patch kids. Maybe she actually is. She dramatically turns to Jennie with a wide grin, grabs the girl's hands, and drags her to jump with her.

 

"Unnie!"

 

Hop.

 

"Thank you!"

 

Hop.

 

"For buying!"

 

Hop.

 

"FROZEN!"

 

 "Uh, sure Lisa," Jennie looks to Jisoo for help. The older girl shakes her head with a cheeky smile. She's enjoying this. "But I didn't buy it though, Mom gave it to me because you said you wanted to watch it." Lisa's grin doesn't falter. In fact, the added information might have made it wider. "Still though, you could have just left it in your house. Thank youu!" Lisa puckers and just like that, Jennie gets a kiss on the cheek from the over-excited Thai girl.

 

"Aaah!" Jennie yells and pushes them apart. The action makes Lisa look even more satisfied with herself. Chaeyoung gets up while laughing from the couch, "Well that made my night. We should have some ice cream before we go to bed." She heads for the door and grabs her coat. "Let's go, Lisa." The youngest girl immediately nods with excitement and speeds to the door, putting on her coat from the rack and reaching for Chaeyoung's outstretched hand. "Get some for us too!" Jisoo yells from her position on the sofa. There's a faint response from Lisa. "Will do!"

 

The dorm is now silent.

 

"Honestly, I think we should feed that girl less sugar," Jennie rubs at the spot on her cheek where Lisa kissed her. Jisoo laughs as she cleans up the popcorn bowls and cups that they brought out. "I think it was more of the movie than the sugar." She falters when she picks up an empty plastic bag previously filled with gummy bears. "Uh, I'm going to take that back. No sugar for Lalisa Manoban when it's after 8PM." Jennie enthusiastically nods as she makes to help Jisoo with the dishes. "Agreed."

 

*

 

"You're not upset that Lisa kissed me though?" Jennie tilts her head to Jisoo, who was in charge of scrubbing the dishes with soap. Jennie was drying them clean with a dishtowel before putting them in their cupboard. The tips of their elbows were touching because their little kitchen set was kind of small. Their group didn't cook much.

 

Jisoo makes eye-contact with Jennie and elegantly lifts her left eyebrow. There's a close-lipped smile on her lips that brings out her pronounced cheekbones. "Lisa's kissed you lots of times before." She reaches for the popcorn bowl, squirts some dishwashing liquid onto her sponge, and scrubs away the butter.

 

The answer makes Jennie pout a little. She grabs a freshly washed glass and focuses her eyes on the droplets as she wipes away, slowly. "But that was all before we started dating," she says with a small voice. Jisoo glances at Jennie still wiping that already dry glass. She was done with scrubbing the dishes. "Are you really pouting over me not throwing a fit over Lisa kissing you?"

 

The question seems to make Jennie pout deeper. "Well, I wouldn't put it that way. I mean Lisa kisses everyone all the time, I know, and I should be happy that you're so cool about it, but…" Jennie puts down the glass and sighs. "I don't know what I was expecting. Forget about it."

 

Jennie makes to walk to their room when Jisoo steps in front of her path and locks eyes with her. Again, their faces are very, very close.

 

But this time, it's not close enough.

 

Jisoo leans in to whisper in Jennie's ear. Her lips lightly brush Jennie's skin; the blood suddenly rushes to the younger girl's face. Her breathing is a little shallow. Jisoo's hands find their way around Jennie's waist before she speaks, "Who says I wasn't?"

 

The older girl steps back a little, just enough for Jennie to see her face, but close enough that she could feel the hotness of Jisoo's breath on her lips. Her eyes drop down at the exact moment that Jisoo slightly drags her tongue across her lips in an attempt to relieve the sensitive skin from dryness. Jisoo leans in and -

 

Just then, Lisa and Chaeyoung come back with ice cream. "We're baaack!" They sure are lively. Jisoo slowly steps away from Jennie, keeping intense eye contact as she replies, "Welcome back! What did you get me?"

 

"Green apple popsicle!" Chaeyoung rummages in the plastic bag in her hands and hands the frozen treat to Jisoo. Lisa comes from the door and brings out a small container of ice cream as well. "Here's your milk ice cream, Jennie unnie." Jennie, however, isn't responding. Her eyes were still trained on Jisoo, or to be more specific, Jisoo's lips. Lisa catches the line of sight and proceeds to make an 'Ooooh!' face. Completely disregarding the consequences, she touches the ice cold container to Jennie's cheek.

 

It was effective.

 

"Yah, Lalisa Manoban! What was that for?" Jennie once again brings a hand to her cheek. This time, it's Lisa who rolls her eyes at Jennie. "Good of you to finally notice me." Lisa offers the ice cream, again. "Eat this and cool yourself down, yeah?" Jennie blushes at the statement as she takes her milk ice cream from Lisa. Surely she wasn't that obvious?

 

Lisa elbows the older girl's side before she deadpans, "You were. Now eat up." Jennie hits Lisa back on the arm before finally complying and eating her ice cream.

 

Chaeyoung and Jisoo were watching the exchange from the side with knowing eyes and a smug smile, respectively. The taller girl turns to her smug-looking unnie. "Alright, what did you do this time?"

 

Jisoo faces her and does an eyesmile. She wags her index finger in front of her face. "Not telling, but what I can let you know is that I did it right." Chaeyoung turns back to Jennie and acknowledges the statement. She extends her fist to Jisoo in an invitation for a fistbump. "Very right, it seems." Jisoo smiles and reciprocates, before going back to staring at Jennie eating her milk ice cream.

 

*

 

Jisoo watches Jennie brush her hair in front of the vanity in their room from her side of the bed. Her head is resting against her hand, which was propped up from the bed by her elbow. Originally, they had two single beds, but they had pushed them together to make a bigger one shortly after they started dating. They both chuckle when their gazes meet in the mirror. The way Jisoo looks at her was always fond and loving, giving Jennie all the pleasant tingles. So in typical Kim Jennie fashion, she turns around and  playfully sticks her tongue out at Jisoo. "Why are you staring?"

 

Jisoo laughs, "Because my girlfriend is so pretty that even she can't stop staring at herself." Jennie suddenly stands up and dashes to the bed, grabbing her pillow and hitting Jisoo with it. "Yah! You're making me sound narcissistic!" Jisoo is still giggling like mad even though she's the one getting hit. "Well aren't you? At least I put it nicely!"

 

Well that didn't help Jisoo, because that just made Jennie hit her harder. "Yaaah!"

 

When they settle down, still grinning like idiots from being around each other and sprawled on their joined bed, Jennie turns her body toward Jisoo and looks into her eyes. "Hey, earlier when we were in the kitchen,"

 

Jisoo moves to lie on her right side, so that she faces Jennie as the girl is facing her. She grins at the mention of the situation they were in earlier, "What about it? Did you not like the milk ice cream that Lisa bought you?"

 

Jennie chuckles and lightly hits Jisoo's arm. "Yah, you're missing the point!" Jisoo gently grabs Jennie's hand, which was about to hit her again, and asks with a knowing smile, "Well, what exactly was the point then?"

 

Blood rushing to her face, she feels hot all of a sudden as she quietly says, "You were going to kiss me earlier."

 

Jisoo giggles as she nods with a blush dusting her cheeks, "Yes, that is correct. What about it then?" Jisoo's eyes are lit with giddiness and mischief. Jennie's blush deepens at what that question implies she do. "Are you really going to make me say it?"

 

The older girl grins as she laces their fingers together, lightly pulling Jennie closer. "Yes,"

 

Jennie somehow manages to roll her eyes despite how stuffy her head and chest feel right now. Her eyes are trying, but failing to meet Jisoo's as she speaks. "You were going to kiss me earlier, but you didn't end up doing it. I don't think I'll be able to sleep from that."

 

She brings herself to look into her girlfriend's eyes and steadies her voice as much as she can. The request comes out just above a soft whisper, "Can you do it then? Now?"

 

Jisoo's heart swells with pride and love. Jennie has a hard time talking about her feelings like this, but luckily Jisoo can somehow manage to get those pent-up feelings out from her. Granted, this wasn't that much, but as always, things like this take time. Jisoo brings Jennie's hand which was intertwined with hers to the nape of her neck, and situates her now free hand on the younger girl's lower back.

 

She charmingly grins as she moves close enough so that their foreheads touch. "You don't even have to ask. I always want to kiss you." Jennie chuckles and lightly hits Jisoo's shoulder, "Yah, why did you make me say it then?" Jisoo shrugs her shoulders, "Wouldn't hurt to give me little ego boosts now and then, would it? I always feel like you're too amazing for me."

 

There is a tinge of hurt in the loving way that Jisoo says it. No doubt a product of the many comments online saying that Jisoo isn't as talented as the other girls. Jennie falters for a moment, trying to think of something to say to make Jisoo feel better. She looks over Jisoo's shoulder to the picture of them on the nightstand. It was from their first ever date, when Jennie couldn't bottle up her feelings anymore and confessed to Jisoo in their van after their schedules were over and they were about to head back to the dorm.

 

Jennie's thoughts suddenly come to a full stop. That was it.

 

"I love you, Kim Jisoo."

 

The declaration first startles Jisoo, but then when a -eating grin grows on her face, she manages to say, "Well that was the ultimate ego boost. You have some sense there, Kim Jennie." They giggle for a moment before Jisoo gently grabs Jennie's chin and presses their lips together.

 

"I love you, too."

 


A/N:

Prompted by JenChuNatics. I'm sorry if this wasn't entirely what you had in mind, but I couldn't stop once I had an idea lol. I hope you guys enjoyed the read. :) As previously, feel free to prompt me on twitter (@seungwanderlust).