What Just Happened? ☾

PROJECT MOONLIGHT ☾
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many thanks to "rika03" for upvoting! (This is also sort of a double update! So make sure you read the last chapter!)

Da-in's POV

I finally calm down after what had happened. As I did, I see the sun setting in the distance.

I tap Jonghyun's shoulder and say, "We have to find somewhere to stay. We're running out of options every second that goes by."

"How about this mansion right here?" suggests Jihoon, stomping the rooftop of the building.

Minhyun huffs and says, "It can't be that easy. How are we going to get in?"

Jihoon shrugs and starts to climb down a vine that runs down the side of the mansion. 

"It's worth a shot."

The others and I follow Jihoon down the vines with stubborn Minhyun reluctantly following.

We jump down and run quietly to the front of the house. Luckily, the gate is locked. The electric fence would keep out shriekers.

I walk up to the set of bronze double doors and try opening them.

I click my tongue. "Locked."

"I don't think anyone's that stupid to leave a door unlocked," Minhyun sneers.

But then I notice a bump under the doormat beside the door. I kneel down and lift the mat up. "No, but this person is stupid enough to leave a spare key under the mat," I say as I pick up a key.

I hand the key to a smug Jihoon who walks up to the door, unlocking it with the key.

"Ladies first," Jihoon gestures at me.

"You must be talking about yourself," I snicker with the others chuckling along.

"I try to be nice, and you do this to me," an offended Jihoon says, putting his hand to his forehead.

I chuckle and punch his shoulder as I walk past him.

"Woahh! This mansion is ten times the size of my old apartment," I exclaim.

This mansion is well-kept still which is surprising when there's a zombie apocalypse has been going on.

"Don't get too comfortable yet. We don't know if this place is safe," Jonghyun points out.

"Okay, so let's split up and-"

"Da-in, look out!"

Before I knew it, an arm locks me into a chokehold with the other arm holding a gun to my head. 

"W-who are you people?" the man who's holding me captive asks.

Jonghyun ignores his question and tries to step forward. "Look, man, just let her go-"

"Stay back, or else girlie here is gonna get it!" the man declares, pressing the gun further into my temple.

Daniel tries to reason with him while silently reaching for his gun in his back pocket. "Take it easy man. We just want to talk it out. No need to be rash."

"Ha! Yeah right! I'm not the only one here being rash. I see you trying to reach for your gun!"

"Come on, man! Why are you doing this? We'll leave, so let her go!' Jihoon yells.

"Don't you all get it? All of us are going to die no matter what! Whether it's those things out there or other people, we're going to get killed!" the insane man shouts while laughing maniacally.

While he's busy laughing, I notice his hold loosens. I knock his face with the back of my head and wriggle out.

But what I don't see coming is that the guy presses the trigger of the gun, letting the bullet graze my cheek.

I drop onto the floor, covering my slightly bleeding cheek. The man agonizes in pain, covering his face that I had knocked.

But he recovers quickly and points the gun back at me. ", he did it now! Imma kill you, you !"

"No!" Jihoon yells and runs over, covering me.

Before I can comprehend, a gunshot rings out. I wrap my hands around Jihoon, trying to find any blood seeping through his clothes. Nothing.

I look at Jihoon who's just as surprised as I am. Then I notice the man's body is on the floor, with a gun hole in his forehead.

"! What happened?"

"I took Daniel's gun and landed a damn bullet in his head," Daehwi says, showing the gun in his hand.

"If Daehwi didn't do that, the guy could've killed Jihoon, Da-in, or any of us," Jonghyun explains.

"That man was bat crazy," I murmur.

Minhyun shrugs and replies, "Aren't we all?"

 

After the incident, Jonghyun orders everyone around. "Daehwi and Minhyun, you guys take care of the body. Daniel, you and I are going to scout the rest of the house and make sure it's for sure safe. And Jihoon, treat Da-in's cheek with something."

Soon, everyone leaves to do what they're supposed to, leaving Jihoon and me alone.

Jihoon grabs my hand and leads me to a couch in the living room.

"Stay here," Jihoon says and leaves to go somewhere.

A few minutes pass and Jihoon comes back with his backpack.

He reaches into one of the pockets and takes bandages, a small bottle o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter