A New Plan ☾

PROJECT MOONLIGHT ☾
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's POV

"Settle down! We have everything under control!"

"Where's President Kang? Does he even know what's going on out there?!"

"We want some answers, NOW!"

Da-in, Woojin, and Jihoon run into the Citadel's Assembly Room, a vast, empty room that has a stage against one of the walls. Usually, when people gather in the room, they're very organized civilians. But today, the people are pushing against the stage, yelling for the President. On the stage, the President's guards are simply standing on the stage with an empty podium. Soon, someone throws a chair onto the stage.

Da-in is shocked not because of the people's attitude but of where that person got the chair from. "Dang, these people are crazy, don't you think Ji- JIHOON!" She looks over to see Jihoon jumping up with his fist in the air.

"We want answers! We want answers! We want-" Jihoon stops to see Da-in and Woojin give him a look. "What? I'm just kidding! Stop looking so serious, guys."

Just then, President Kang walks out to the podium... 

With a big smile on his face.

Da-in looks at him, suspiciously. He obviously knows of the situation here, so why is he acting as if there wasn't an apocalypse going on outside."What are you up to, President..." 

"Fellow people of New Asia, I'm here to speak of the situation going on. Well, there's no easy way to say this but, a sort of virus has broken out. My medical research team is finding the origin and cure of this virus. But I can assure you that you all have nothing to worry about. The 'infected' aren't going to be an issue. Because I, President Kang, have created a plan."

One of the security guards steps up just then. "Umm, sir? Wasn't the plan Professor Lee's idea-"

"Hahahaha, no, I believe it was MY idea." For a moment, the President looks around nervously, while chuckling. He clears his throat and moves on. "Ahem, like I was saying, I have a plan. A project that will return our home to how it was."

The audience murmurs in confusion, while Da-in is only thinking of how crazy the President sounds right now.

"You might ask, 'How, President Kang? How are you going to save us?' Well, you see, not only will our army troops fight against the "infected", you can, too!"

Hearing this, the people are enraged and start yelling again.

"WHAT? I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS!"

"SO YOU'RE TELLING US WE'RE BASICALLY PUTTING OURSELVES TO DIE??"

President Kang reassures them. "Hey, hey, let me finish. Anyways, you the people will fight against them! You can choose what you want to do. You can either be a hero, fight the infected, and get paid handsomely. Or, you can stay in one of our safe utilities, where you can stay unharmed until this all blows over."

The audience talks in agreement. Finally, as if coming to a compromise, the people cheer on.

"Wonderful! And don't you worry! This will all be over soon! Let's say the next time the full moon shines, the problem will be taken care of! I promise!"

Da-in can't fully grasp it, but she just feels something's up. She whispers to Woojin, "Woojin-ah, is it just me or does something fishy is going on?"

"Well, Noona, we don't have much of a choice. It's the only plan we got."

Before the President leaves, he also mentions one more thing. "If you all must know, I FULLY thought of this plan. I call it..."

"PROJECT MOONLIGHT."

 

4 weeks later

Da-in's POV

By this time, most of the people, down here at the safe house, lost hope. They stopped asking whether it was safe to go outside or not. Most of them just accepted their fate and tried to live their regular lives they once lived right here. Not only that, they even tried to make a whole community at the safe house. We all have jobs in this temporary community. And guess what? I get to serve drinks AGAIN. Just great.

It's lunch time and so the people line up to get their share of food. The one thing that I don't like about this "job" is the people. There would be times where someone would be allergic to something or just doesn't like the drink. They would complain to me and I'd say, "That seems like a YOU problem." Today, I get the honors of serving lemonade (not that it makes much of a difference). 

While I'm serving, I come across a kid, who I swear is the cutest little thing ever (besides Woojin of course). 

He comes up to me and holds out his tray. I respond with, "Here you go, fine sir."

"Thank you, ma'am." Then he salutes. YES. HE SALUTES ME. But before I can finish fangirling inside my head, he cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter