Prologue - Why?

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jooyeon, 5 years old

"Eomma, where are we going?"

"Somewhere better Jooyeon." Her mother smiles so widely, almost like she's too happy about it. 

"But why are my oppa don't come with us?" Like she's been anticipating the question, the mother does not look sad or burdened by the mention of her brothers. 

"They will be with your father. Mummy will only got time for you now." She caresses Jooyeon's forehead, calming her down whatsoever. "Don't worry, we'll visit your oppa once in a while, okay?"

Jooyeon doesn't answer, but instead, keep looking to the window of this taxi. Soon as they're arrive at the airport, she sees a man about her mum's age coming with them to London. The kid couldn't grasp anything so she can only keep silent, trying to guess any possible answer of why she's only with her mum and an unfamiliar man, and left her dad with seven of growing boys at home. 

 

Kim Jooyeon, 13 years old

Never in her life she dreamt of being away from her real family in Seoul. She had been tricked. The real reason why her mother took Jooyeon were just because she was the last kid and an only daughter, at that time the mother didn't even second-thought for the child that she wanted the most. Seven freaking times she tried, then finally got Jooyeon. However, things get rough at home that it made her parents filed divorce against each other. 

Not long after they were officially apart, the mother married another man and moved to London. But up until now, she had no idea about the exact thing that made them got divorced and reason why it was only her who were taken by the mother. 

"I said I want to go." The girl snapped on her mother again, after another time she didn't let her find a ticket back to Seoul.

"Jooyeon, don't you dare-"

"It's been freaking million years, mum! Why can't I just pay a visit because I've missed them so much!" The girl snapped, because it is quite ridiculous of why there is no valid reason of her mother's refusal. 

"You are thirteen, Jooyeon. I won't let you go by yourself going that far, darn it!"

"Then why won't you come too? You are their mother anyways!" 

Mrs. Kim lets out a big sigh and runs her hands throughout her hair, frustrated. "You wanna know why? Huh? Because I am freaking embarrassed. I don't want to see their faces full of disappointment towards me! They don't deserve me nor seeing me." She had raised her voice, and that makes her daughter quite stunned. 

It hits her, so much that she's still standing there statued for another five minutes. Then she give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter