The Storm's Over?

Fateful Destiny

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Seung Ho asked as he flipped through his drama script. 

Min Soo sighed as he moved the rearview mirror into the correct position. "Did you really have to go that far?" 

Seung Ho put the script onto the seat next to him. "Hyung, she was going to drop out of the drama."

"That's her own choice," Min Soo reasoned. "You literally took the choice away from her. Who are you in her life to give a say on what she can or cannot do? Are you two together?"

His eyes widened. "Don't say such nonsense." 

"Then stop acting out as if you are," Min Soo lectured. "You hate filming reality shows. It's an invasion of your own privacy. Why would you throw away the only thing you have in this kind of career of yours for something as simple as dropping out of a drama?"

"She's being framed as a criminal, Hyung." Seung Ho couldn't let something as horrible as that let affect her. Having attitude problems is common controversy in this kind of business but being labeled as a criminal with no absolute proof to prove her innocence, it's a whole different story. If he were to let her drop out of the drama, what would she do? How was she supposed to handle all the press and possible charges by herself? She needed a strong platform to stand on. She needed a company that can actually be there for her. Although CEO Lee has his faults for being overly dramatic and annoying, he's a good businessman. He doesn't stray over the line and knows certain limits. Pushing more work on his artists is something he does just like any other CEOs but at least he doesn't frame and spread nonsense rumors about his artists. "She would never be able to handle this all alone."

Min Soo didn't bother on saying anything else on the topic. As upsetting it is to watch the celebrity that he's in charge to let go of the one thing he wanted to protect, who is he to say? He's simply just a manager. "It gets worse from here, I hope you know that."

"I know." So Hyun's press conference was only last week but it has been the hot topic on the television and online since. She's currently being labeled all kinds of names and petitions for her to leave CEO Lee's company and the drama is still going on strong. Worst of all, CEO Kim doesn't seem scared one bit. He even backfired by promising that his and Chul Soo's story is 100% true. "You've worked with him before," he said slowly. "Would he continue on with his lies and go as far as pressing charges?" 

Min Soo doesn't know, his time spent under CEO Kim's company was short. "Honestly? I don't think he cares how far he'll take it. As long as he's on the winning end while she's suffering - he doesn't care." Parking the car in the garage, he pulled out the car keys. "We're here."

Seung Ho nodded his head as he took out his things and script in his hand. "Thanks," stepping out of the car, he rushed over to the makeup/hair room so they could get him prepared before his first scene of the day. As soon as he walked in, he already smelled the nonsense from a mile away. As expected, they were talking about So Hyun. "Good morning."

"Oh! Seung Ho!" His usual hair stylist smiled as she prepared her hairspray and gel. "Come sit." Settling down in his seat, he decided to pay more attention to the script than the chatter in the room. "What's the first scene for today?"

Glancing up from the script and staring at her from the mirror. "In my room," he flipped through the script. "With So Hee-ssi."

"Omo, what kind of scene is it?" One of the wardrobe stylists asked as she steamed the outfits.

"A kiss scene," Seung Ho said. As they're filming for the 6th episode now, the development between his character and So Hee's character is growing more intense. The love that these two share aren't on the same level. She cares too much for him while he wants time to be alone. "It'll probably take an hour before the next scene."

"You know, once Kim So Hyun leaves - maybe So Hee can take the main female lead." The wardrobe stylist smiled. "It'll be for the better. The drama can stop getting so much press. Especially from someone who is a criminal."

As soon as the hair stylist was done, Seung Ho stood up from his seat. "Is it concrete evidence that So Hyun actually stole the money?"

"The pictures...."

"So if you stand here and wear the same black hat, would you be considered as a criminal also? Did you steal the money then?"

Feeling completely offended by his statement, she scoffed. "Ya, Yoo Seung Ho. I'm older than you. What do you think you're doing by talking to - "

"If you're truly older than me, you should be a better human being than me. Judging someone basing off on assumptions that has no proof is as low as someone can get."

"Let's say she isn't a criminal! She is someone who has an attitude problem!"

"Was that ever proven either? Has Kim So Hyun ever come up to you with a sneer comment? Has she disrespectfully point at you and show off that she's a celebrity? Has she?" When she had nothing to say back to him, knowing very well that So Hyun would never actually do so. "To believe rumors or gossips, that's your own lifestyle - I'm not going to intervene with it. But to judge and treat somebody based off on it without knowing the whole truth - don't you feel shame at all?" 

"What? You!"

Seung Ho turned his attention over to the clothes rack. Seeing an outfit with his name labeled on it, he took it. "Have a good day."

. . . 

Director Song just finished instructing how he wants the scene to play out. Leaving the emotions and skinship for them to handle, he walked over to his side of the room. "Filming in five minutes!" 

So Hee nervously looked at her hands as she tried to control her breathing. "Do you tilt your head more to the left or right?"

Thrown off by the sudden question, Seung Ho furrowed his eyebrows together. "Uhh, I don't know how to answer that."

"Not how you kiss in real life," So Hee explained. "More like when you film, so you tilt to the left or right when you kiss?"

"Oh." Seung Ho cleared his throat. "More to the right."

So Hee smiled. "Alright." Her character, Kim Min Joo, is rather a very upfront person. In her relationship with Seung Ho's character, she's always the one to take the initiative. It's no different with this upcoming kiss scene. With frustrations built up and how her boyfriend doesn't seem to care for her any longer, she took the strong intiative to kiss him. Which means for So Hee, she'll probably do more of the kissing than Seung Ho will be. 

Feeling a bit pressured to already be filming a kiss scene so early into the drama, he doesn't exactly know what to do. His character feels so torn between loving the woman he has been with since college and wanting to break it off so he can have his own time. How is he supposed to express those kind of emotions for this scene? 

"Standby!" Seung Ho and So Hee quickly got into characters as Director Song raised his arm. "And action!"

"What are you doing here, Kim Min Joo? I told you I wanted to be alone right now." Seung Ho angrily asked. 

"Why? Who's here?" So Hee questioned as following the script. "Is it her? Chun Ji Hyo, come out!"

Seung Ho sighed out loud. "Ya, are you drunk? Why would someone like her be here?! Stop acting crazy and go home."

"Do you still love me or not?" She desperately asked as she clenched onto his arms. 

"Of course, I do." 

Tears brimmed against her eyes. "Then, why don't I feel it? Why don't I feel your love anymore? Why?!"

"Get your act together, Min Joo." 

"Kim Dong Wook, do you still love me or not?!"

"YES!! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR?!" Seung Ho screamed. Without a moment of hesitation, So Hee leaned towards him - placing her lip on top of his. Trying to not show his surprise at how aggressive her kiss actually is, he tried his best to stay in character as the camera moved around them. He could feel that 2 minutes has already gone by. The longer the kiss is, the more agressive it was getting.

"Cut!!" Director Song clapped his hands. "Good job! Let's just film the kissing part at different angles and we're sealed!"

So Hee stepped back to her old position as the make up artist rushed over to fix her lipstick. "Are you okay?" 

Blinking his eyes rapidly, Seung Ho showed his smile to reassure that he's fine. "Don't worry."

. . . 

So Hyun stared at the contract on the table. "I don't understand." She stared at CEO Lee in confusion. "There's a brand that wants me to be their model? Despite everything that's been going on?" Only a week has passed since the mess of the press conference. If anything, it has made her image even worse. Why would a brand reach out for her?

CEO Lee nodded his head as he sipped his cup of coffee. "Surprisingly," clearing his throat as he folded his hands together. "The brand said that they love your courage during this chaotic mess." 

She never thought she would be happy to see another contract in front of her. In the past week, all her sponsorships and commercial work that she has worked hard on were abruptly cancelled. It's funny almost. It takes almost two days to film for one commercial, a day and half to take photoshoots for certain brands but it only took them one text to inform her that she's officially taken off as their model. "What kind of brand is it?"

"Nothing major, just a cellphone app." CEO Lee walked over to show her the pages where she needs to sign. "You won't film it until next week. Considering how you already missed the drama filming yesterday, I figured that it's a bit backed up. You do know what day it is today, right?" 

After signing the contract, she nodded. "Premiere day." The long wait for the first episode to air is finally over. Netizens will finally be able to see the drama after much anticipation. The only problem is due to her kind of image now, most netizens have voiced to boycott the drama until she drops out of it. "Thank you for doing this, CEO Lee. To take me in as a new artist, I know it wasn't an easy choice. Thank you for trusting in me."

"There are two reasons why I decided to put you under my company." Holding up one finger as an indication to count it down. "One, I know how CEO Kim actually is so I know everything that spews out of that man's mouth are lies. Two, Seung Ho is the reason why I agreed to let you in my company. Even if I know you're not what CEO Kim says, I wouldn't take you in either way. Save myself from the trouble but Seung Ho can be a bit convincing." CEO Lee sipped his coffee again. "So if you want to thank someone, thank him."

"What....what did Seung Ho oppa say to have you agree in signing me for the company?"

He chuckled. "It's not what he said, its what he is going to do."

. . . 

 

"Cut!!" Seung Ho snapped out of character as soon as the director clapped his hands. "Alright! Next scene will be filmed in an hour! Please rest up till then!" 

Walking out of the drama set, he bent down to grab his cold drink that he had left before filming. Taking a sip of it, he sighed out as soon as he sat down. Seung Ho's been standing for a good part do the day. Filming one scene after another for hours. 

"Seung Ho-ah!" Park Chul Min made his way over with his hair all messed up and the script in his hand. "How are you today?!"

"Sunbaenim...." He quickly stood up to give him a hug before sitting down together. "I'm doing good. Did you just come back from your other drama?" Park Chul Min is currently filming two dramas at the same time. Since he's a supporting character, having the ease to go back and forth between two drama sets must be tiring. 

"Filmed my last scene for the week over there," he chuckled. "You'll be stuck with me for the next few days."

"I would love that," Seung Ho honestly said. "The scene we're filming next seems to be intense." In an hour, the scene that they'll be filming will considerably be the most emotional and heart wrenching scene up to date. Seeing as how it's the last scene of the day, it's already a promise that it'll take more than four hours to film so. Emotional scenes can never be taken or filmed too easily as it's meant to pull the viewers in. Time spent on it makes for better scenes. 

"I heard So Hyun didn't come to filming yesterday or this morning," Chul Min sipped his drink. "Is everything okay?"

Seung Ho nodded his head. "She's been having meetings with the company to see how they'll be handling the issue. It seems like CEO Kim is really going to go forth his lies. CEO Lee is going to be suing Starlight Entertinament for defamation."

"That's really good to hear." Chul Min smiled. "What you did for So Hyun, it's really respectable. Not a lot of people would ask their companies for help. What did you do? To have CEO Lee agree?"

Clearing his throat, he shook his head. "I didn't do anything. I think it was obvious for him to help out So Hyun. The media coverage and lies on the issue just keeps getting ridiculously bigger. People with the right mindset would know that it's all lies."

Chul Min sighed. "Too bad that the whole world doesn't have that." As a sunbae, it hurts to see a hoobae as sweet as So Hyun to be going through such a tough time. "Isn't it her birthday soon?"

Seung Ho looked surprised. "Really?"

"I believe so," Chul Min opened a bag of snack to eat. "It would be nice if one day since this chaos, she can actually enjoy her birthday." He turned his head toward where the entrance is blocked for visitors to enter the drama set. Almost twenty reporters were standing there, snapping photos whenever they came. They've been there since filming started, waiting for So Hyun to arrive and possibly cause a scene soon. 

"That would be nice..." Seung Ho muttered as he followed Chul Min's gaze to where the reporters are. 

. . . 

"You'll have your own manager in a week or so," Min Soo said as he parked the car at the back of the building. Seeing as how the place is crowded with snobby reporters, he decided that it'll be safer to drop So Hyun at the back. "Until then, I'll be your temporary manager."

So Hyun stepped out of the car. "Thank you."

"So Hyun...." Min Soo turned the keys in the ignition. "I'm not saying this because I have ill feelings towards you." He sighed and looked at her. "CEO Lee must've already told you what Seung Ho chose to do under your behalf."

"Yes..." She said quietly.

"He may seem all cool on the outside with that caring personality is but," he paused. "He actually hurts more on the inside. Which is why keeping his own personal life away from the public was the only thing he managed to protect since he was a kid. To watch and witness him make a decision to overthrow that protection for a girl like you, it's upsetting. He may seem fine now with the decision but that's because the cameras haven't started rolling yet."

"I'm sorry..."

"You don't have to say sorry," Min Soo told her. "I just hope that you can prove that it's not a mistake for what he did for you." Looking away from her, he sighed. "I'll see you later when I come pick you both up."

So Hyun stepped back so he could drive away. As soon as she was alone, she exhaled deeply and leaned against the wall. How is she supposed to look at Seung Ho without feeling too guilty? How is she supposed to even talk to him at this point?

. . . 

"What are you doing here?" Seung Ho asked as soon as he saw L and So Hee standing around on set. They should've left a long time ago as their filming for the day is already over. 

"We came to watch," So Hee confessed. "How could we miss witnessing a scene like this? We want to learn."

"Learn?" 

L nodded his head. "Emotional scene to be played out by the two most talented actors in the business? Of course we have to watch it!"

Park Chul Min laughed from his seat as he read over his lines. "Not a bad idea for you two to learn over this scene." 

It's the first time for him. To actually have people come and watch him act out a scene because they want to learn. He's always had hoobaes who compliment his acting and wishing they were as good as him. But never in his longtime career has people actually stayed on set to learn and watch. In the moment as he was studying his lines, So Hyun walked in - bowing and greeting every crew members that's in the room. "Good evening, sunbae."

Chul Min gasped and stood up to give So Hyun a hug. "Aigoo, it's so hard to see you in person lately." 

"I'm sorry," So Hyun said with a small smile. "I'll make sure to always come and greet you."

"You do that," he joked along. "Are you ready for the scene?"

So Hyun nodded her head. "I am." For the first time in her career, she'll be filming a scene like this. Her character, Chun Ji Hyo, had just found out that she'll be fired from the company. And as upsetting as it is, she has a lot of pride so she chose to not argue back. Park Chul Min, who plays her father, comes to the company to scold at the CEO. Having to witness that, she'll have a breakdown in front of Seung Ho and Chul Min's character. Adverting her away from Seung Ho, she decided to open her script to remember the lines further. 

Notcing that she's avoiding eye contact, Seung Ho furrowed his eyebrows together. Did he do something? Before he could ask, Director Song came by to instruct how he wants the actors to stand and react to certain lines. Since today's a big scene, different angles of it will be taken. "The first shot I want is So Hyun and Seung Ho to act out their scene first and Chul Min will storm in. Be comfortable and act out everything. I'll say cut and we can switch up the cameras then we can start the scene all over. I want multiple tapes of this so I can review them later."

"Fighting!" L and So Hee said as they followed Director Song behind the cameras. 

Seung Ho made his way over to the CEO desk. Placing the script under a pile of papers so it would be unnoticeable on camera, he sighed out loud so he could get the nerves out of the way. 

"ACTION!!!!"

So Hyun snapped into character immediately and walked toward the desk. Handing over her photo identification card and keys to her office, she cleared . "Thank you for letting me stay with this company for as long as you did."

He stared at the card and keys in her hand. "You have to understand that it wasn't a decision I could reverse." The executives already gave an order to have her fired due to her conflict with So Hee's character. "If I could...."

"If you could, would you fire your girlfriend?" So Hyun questioned. They both stared at each other for a few seconds before she stepped back. "Dong Wook-ssi, have a good rest of the weekend."

"Ji Hyo...." 

"I kept telling myself that this arrogant know-it-all boss of mine will come through. He will realize that he needs to stop babying his girlfriend and actually care more about the workers. To be an actual boss of a company that supposedly values talent." She turned and looked at him. "I've tried my best to accommodate when you arrogantly chose Kim Min Joo's designs over and over again." 

Walking around his desk as the script indicated, Seung Ho stood in front of her. "What do you want me to do? I had no other choice!" The intense and hate relationship between these two characters has already developed into a mutual respect for one another around this episode. As their tiny friendship grew, the more complicated their conversations and stares has become. It has became clear that at this point of this scene, they've already unexpectedly grew feelings for each other. "You're talented. Another company will hire you right away."

"Oh yeah?" So Hyun said. "How am I supposed to find another position that - " the doors bursted opened as directed and Chul Min stormed in. "Appa..."

"Are you him?! Are you Kim Dong Wook?! How dare you fire my daughter?!" He shoved Seung Ho as harshly as he could. "You know how much she has worked for this job?! Do you know what kind of hardships she had to go through?!" 

So Hyun pulled Chul Min away. "Appa! Stop it!" 

"She's worked so hard for this job! She stays up day and night drawing those little outfits every single day! And what? FIRED?!"

"Ahjussi, there isn't any - " 

"Where are they?! Where's the executives?! Let me give them a piece of my - "

"JUST STOP IT, APPA!!!!" So Hyun screamed. Her eyes glaring at the two men as tears brimmed against her eyes. "Stop it! What do you think you're doing?! Can you just stop and let me leave peacefully?! Why do you always do this?!" 

"Ji Hyo....I only care for you..."

So Hyun scoffed. "Care for me? If you truly did care for me, you would've done a better job in raising me! Have you forgotten?! I raised myself! I got myself to this exact position! Without your help!" 

Seung Ho glanced between Chul Min and So Hyun. "Chun Ji Hyo....what are you saying in front of your father...."

"But what's the point? Working my off for a company that only plays favors and to be crumbled down into a jobless future, what's the point anymore?" 

Chul Min walked over and slapped So Hyun across the face. "I raised you! I did my best!"

"Ahjussi!" Seung Ho got in between the both of them. 

"I DID RAISED YOU!!!" Chul Min screamed. 

So Hyun's tears slide down her face as her body shake. "With soju? Did you ever celebrate my birthday? Make me seaweed soup? Walk me to school?! Attend the events I participated when I was a little kid?!" She glared at Chul Min and Seung Ho. "To have my childhood ruined by the man that's supposed to be my father and then have my current life by the man that...." she stopped herself. "I'm sick of you both."

"CUT!!!! Cameras chang up and we'll film the scene again!!"

L and So Hee stood up in complete awe. The emotions and actions for the scene felt so raw and real. They clapped their hands for the three actors, giving them thumb ups.

Taking a deep breath as she wiped the tears that kept falling, she could feel her whole body literally shaking. It's ironic. To film a scene like this that can completely go with her current situation. The tears just wouldn't stop falling as she was saying her lines and it was hard to not feel numb at the time. 

"Did I hit you too hard?" Chul Min checked her cheek. For a more real impact, the cast and crew already discussed that the smack across the face had to be real. He tried his best to use the least amount of strength when he did. "Aigoo, it's really red."

So Hyun lightly laughed as she shook her head. "I'm okay." 

Seung Ho stood at his exact spot as he glanced at her cheek quietly. Sensing that there is some kind of silent treatment coming from her, he didn't want to try and test his luck. 

"I want the lighting board to be more closer to So Hyun. We need one camera to be on her for a closer shot!" Director Song held up his hand as an indication for the room to be silent. "ACTION!!"

. . . 

"Are you coming with?" So Hee asked as she walked side by side with So Hyun. "The cast and crew are going to go out and eat BBQ together. We'll be watching the premiere episode as we do."

"Uh," So Hyun quietly glanced at the blocked entrance where the reporters are. "I can go."

"Don't mind them. They'll always be there." So Hee smiled. "I'll see you later then."

So Hyun nodded her head as she made her upstairs to the fourth floor. Checking the time as it's already 10PM, she sighed. Knowing that the fourth floor would be empty at this time, she just needed to cool off for a bit. Her steps halted as soon as she saw Seung Ho in the room that she was about to enter. "Oppa..."

Seung Ho adverted his attention away from his book and stared at her. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I could get some silence until the BBQ...." awkwardly standing at the doorway, So Hyun changed her eye direction over to the window. "You're reading at this time?"

"It's just opened....I can't seem focus enough to actually read it...." Seung Ho said truthfully. "If you want silence, I'll leave..."

So Hyun finally stepped into the room. "It's okay, you can stay." She settled onto the floor and leaned against the wall as she sighed. As she stares at her feet, she bit her lower lip. All day she has been thinking about what CEO Lee and Min Soo has shared with her. To think that Seung Ho would do something like that for her, it hurts. "Are you sure you won't regret it?"

Confused by the sudden question. "Regret what?"

"The reality show..." So Hyun said softly. "Why would you do something that goes against all of what you've been doing?"

"Let me guess," Seung Ho sighed out of frustration. "CEO Lee told you?" As soon as she nodded her head, he shook his. Nothing is ever a secret with that man. "I don't think it'll be a bad idea. Filming Running Man really opened my eyes, filming something along the line could be fun."

So Hyun rolled her eyes. "Running Man felt more like a game than anything else. We got to be free and jump in water while laughing. Filming a reality show? That's a whole different level. To expose your lifestyle to the world....to let them know you more on an even personal level? That's...."

"Scary." Seung Ho admitted. He stood up from his seat and made his way over to her, sitting on the floor next to her. "I'll be okay if that's what you're worried about."

"Really?" So Hyun clenched her hands together. "I mean, as long as you mean it..."

He chuckled. "I mean it, don't worry." Seung Ho stared at the book in his hand. "Have you heard of this book? It's about a man who feels lost after working the same career for the past 3 decades. He quit his job, sold his house and decided to travel around the world. He wants to find what his soul is missing. It's a really - " he stopped talking once he felt something land on his shoulder. Turning his head around, a small smile spread across his face as she slept peacefully with her head resting on his shoulder. "You must've been tired...." 

His eyes gazed from her eyes to her nose to her lips. Even asleep, she's still so beautiful. A strand of hair slid down, covering her face. Carefully moving the strand of hair behind her ear, Seung Ho didn't want to disrupt the sleep. Sighing to himself, he quietly opened the book again and started reading it - sitting like a statue so she could sleep. 

. . . 

So Hee looked at the restaurant's entrance, waiting to see if the main leads would arrive or not. "That's odd, So Hyun said she'll be here."

L wrapped a piece of meat in his lettuce. "She's probably running late." Stuffing it in his mouth, he hummed along to the music that's playing from the television. "I haven't had meat in a long time."

"We ate meat together just three days ago," So Hee said. "What are you talking about?"

"Three days is a long time for me, So Hee." L smirked. "Don't worry about them. They'll probably come when the premiere episode airs on tv." 

"OH! It's starting!!!!" One of the crew members said excitedly as he took the remote to turn the volume up. The intro OST started playing with images of the four main leads showing up on the screen. 

"Never mind," L laughed as soon as he looked at the screen. "Consistent Love, fighting!!!!"

"FIGHTING!!!!" The crew and rest of the cast shouted out together as they raised their soju glasses up in the air.

. . . 

So Hyun opened her eyes to find herself in a dark room. Knitting her eyebrows, she looked down to see a jacket covering her. Turning her head, her eyes widened to see Seung Ho sleeping silently with his arms crossed. Smiling to herself as she glanced between him and the jacket. Checking the time on her watch, she gasped from surprise as soon as she saw it's 8 in the morning. Did they really sleep through the whole night?! "Oppa..."

Stirring in his sleep, Seung Ho blinked his eyes and groaned. "Oh, you're awake."

"Did we just slept here the whole night?"

"Whole night?" Seung Ho checked his watch. "Omo, we did." Quickly getting up, they stood inches away from each other. "Filming starts in 30 minutes."

So Hyun cleared . "I'm going to go down first." As soon as the words left her, she quickly dashed downstairs of the building. She doesn't even know if filming is located at the same spot. Once she arrived outside the building to see an empty area, she groaned. The sound of car honking caused her jump. Seeing Min Soo sitting inside the van, she silently cursed at herself. Making her way over, she put her head down. "I'm sorry."

"Where were you two?" Min Soo asked calmly. 

"We both fell asleep on the fourth floor. We didn't mean to. I was waiting until it was time to go to the - "

"Seung Ho can't afford any scandals, okay? As his longtime manager, I'm going to give you a word of advice. Stop it." 

So Hyun looked at him. "Stop what?"

"Whatever it is you're doing that causing him to like you further more than he should be." Min Soo warned her. 

"What?" Was she hearing right? Yoo Seung Ho actually likes her? "I don't know what you want me to stop. I didn't - "

"Do you also want to be the cause for his career to plummet down the drain?!" Min Soo finally screamed. 

"HYUNG!!!!" Seung Ho rushed over, pulling So Hyun away from the driver's side. His eyes glaring at Min Soo. "What do you think you're doing?!"

Min Soo sighed. "I'm only saying what I am supposed to say as your manager."

"How about instead you just keep your mouth shut?" Seung Ho turned to look at So Hyun. "Don't mind him."

"As your manager, if I see something hindering you - I am supposed to control it."

"She's a person not a thing." Seung Ho corrected him. He knows Min Soo, he always does this when he sees something out of hand. Seung Ho knows that he's doing it from m the good part of his heart. But sometimes, there are certain limits on what he can say or even do. "Hyung, she isn't doing anything wrong."

"I know that," Min Soo said. "So Hyun's a good person."

"I think I'm going to take a walk." So Hyun finally spoke. 

"What?" Seung Ho shook his head. "We should be heading towards the filming site. It starts in 20 minutes."

So Hyun forced herself to smile. "Walking will be good for me. I'll find my way to the filming site."

Before Seung Ho could say anything to stop her, she already turned to walk away. He took a deep breath and looked at Min Soo. "I know you mean well but did you really have to say it that rudely?"

Feeling a bit guilty, Min Soo turned the keys in the ignition. "Get in or we'll be late."

. . . 

So Hyun took off her jacket and sat down at the front porch of her apartment complex. For the first time in weeks, her apartment is filled with reporters. For the first time in weeks, she can actually walk up the steps of her own home without worrying if she'll have her photographs taken constantly. Sighing out loud, her eyes glanced at the shining stars in the dark sky. "How pretty...." she muttered to herself. "How long has it been since I was able to sit and look at this sky?" 

"Noona...." She turned her head to see her younger brother walking down the steps, settling next to her. "Why aren't you going upstairs?" 

"Thought I could use some fresh air first," So Hyun explained. "What are you doing? Why aren't you in your room playing video games?" Her brother has always been attached to his game system. There is no way anyone could tear him away from it. 

"I was worried about you." 

So Hyun smiled. "You were? What is this? The end of the world?"

He lightly pushed her. "I care, okay?" He sighed and wrapped his arms around hers. "You'll be okay, right?"

Nodding her head, she pat his head. "Noona is okay. The storm is over."

"Don't lie. The storm barely just started." 

. . . 

Another week has passed and it seems like the media seem to be surprisingly dying down. Filming for the drama continued as always. In fact, the drama is receiving such positive responses, its all what anyone talks about lately. The first epsiode got a ratings of 14.2% and then the second epsiode got 18.9%. To have ratings like that on the first week, it's extremely an accomplishment. 

Of course, So Hyun's image is still as tarnished as ever. She still gets comments online to have her drop out and other ridiculous comments as such. But it doesn't seem much of a big deal anymore as of now. When CEO Lee sued CEO Kim for defamation, it seems to have ended. CEO Kim hasn't been parading online as if he's right or making up anymore stories for the newspapers - the storm has truly calmed down in the passing week. 

"Oh! So Hyun! You're here!" The CF director clapped his hands to welcome her on site. Today she is filming for the recent contract brand that she signed with. It's her first CF since the incident and as tiring as CF filming goes, she's somehow happy to be back to film it. "Come here!!"

"Hello," So Hyun greeted. "Please look after me today."

"Of course! I mean, to film a CF with the both of you - it's an honor!"

So Hyun knit her eyebrows together. "The both of us?"

"You haven't heard?" The director chuckled. "Yoo Seung Ho is filming this commercial with you."

"Seung Ho-ssi?" So Hyun was baffled. Isn't he scheduled to film for the drama today? When she left the set last night, he didn't say anything about it. But then again, the both of them haven't really spoken much since what happened with Min Soo last week. The fact that she knows that Seung Ho harbors some sort of feeling for her - it's just a bit overwhelming. 

"Hello." Seung Ho greeted everybody as he walked in. "Director-nim, it's nice to see you again."

"It's a pleasure." Handing over the two scripts, he smiled. "We'll film your solo scenes first before we do the rest of the couple scenes."

To think that they're both advertising and becoming brands for a winter clothing line, it's just so strange. "You didn't tell me that you also signed a contract with them."

"I didn't know I did until CEO Lee called me after I filmed last night." It's not surprising. CEO Lee always does this. One minute, he doesn't have a photoshoot or commercial lined up. The next, he does. "Are you mad?"

So Hyun shook her head. "Why would I be mad? It's just....aside from filming, we haven't spoken that much." 

"It's a pattern, you know." Seung Ho said. "For a few days, we're smiling and laughing. Conversations are good. Then for a week, we go dead." 

"Really?" She hadn't noticed that. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you always saying sorry? Don't be." Clearing his threat, he watched as the crew started setting up the set. "I should apologize. I made it awkward." Even when Min Soo said that he was falling for So Hyun, he didn't want to believe so. The feelings just came out of nowhere so maybe it could've been a misunderstanding. Just as he believe that it was the case, he started realizing that it may be true. Although they saw each other everyday either on set or in the company, the fact that they haven't spoken - it was creeping up on him. He started missing So Hyun when he's at home. Missing her when he the tv to see people praising their drama. 

Seung Ho was so confused to the point that he even called up his childhood friend. Asking him all sort of questions to identify what the fast pace heart beating could actually mean. It wasn't until when his friend explained that falling in love is a whole new confusion and feeling for those who have never felt that way. As they stand in front of each other like this, there is this urge to wrap his arms around her and never let go. Clearing his throat, he sat down on the seat that's provided for them both.  "We should study the script."

So Hyun nodded her head. "Yeah, we should."

Just as they were reciting their lines, the producer walked over with a bright smile. "I hope you both are prepared for the big scene! I don't know if I should feel nervous that we're actually filming such a scene for a commercial than seeing you two kiss in your drama first."

So Hyun and Seung Ho's eyes widened. "What?!"

"Didn't you read over to the end of the script?" The producer questioned. "We'll be filming a kiss scene today."

So Hyun immediately skimmed over to the end of the pages and silently gasped to herself as soon as she saw the kiss part. As an actress, filming a kiss scene isn't a problem. It's just that...with the current situation...and the whole....she shook her head. What is this, she thought. Why must it be now? 

Why would a winter clothing line need a kiss scene? Seung Ho looked over at the producer and director. It's obvious that they are trying to feed into the trend and created an abrupt kiss scene like this. It makes absolutely no sense. If it was for their drama, the both of them probably wouldn't have a problem filming it. Heck, he filmed a kiss scene with So Hee twice already. It's just that......why is his hands becoming sweaty? His eyes blinked rapidly as he placed a hand over his heart, it's beating really hard and fast again. 

"It's not a problem, right?" 

"No, producer." As soon as he walked away, Seung Ho glanced towards So Hyun. "This is unbelievable."

So Hyun could only stay silent. It's a whole different meaning when you film a kiss scene with somebody that you know likes you. As actors, they would just kiss because it's their job. As two people who have gone through so much togehrer in the last weeks, it's a bit much. Especially when she can barely understand why someone as perfect as Yoo Seung Ho would waste his time to like her? Of all people, why her? Shaking her head, she decided to just focus on her lines. It'll be for the better. 

. . . 

Seung Ho stood in the position that they marked for him on the floor. With a winter coat in his hand, he awaits for the cameras to begin filming. They've been on set for more than 4 hours now. As the sky is turning darker, they're finally filming the last scene to call it a night. Hopefully, this can be done in one shot. 

"ACTION!!!"

Fake snow erupted from the ceiling as Seung Ho walked closer to So Hyun. Covering her back with the winter coat, he turned her around with his hands on her shoulders. Brushing her bangs aside, a sweet and tender smile spread across his face. 

She pretended to look warm and cozy in the winter coat as it's what they're supposed to be selling. From the corner of her eyes, she could see the director instructing for her to look into Seung Ho's eyes. Her eyes glanced from his mouth and up towards his eyes, his handsome eyes. Unknowingly, she found herself lost as their eyes connected with one another. He's always been handsome but why is he really handsome today? 

That's when she felt something odd. 

Even from the winter coat, heavy sweater and tank top that she's wearing, she could feel her heart racing nonstop. Has she completely lost it now? As she continued to stared at Seung Ho, she noticed at how he was actually staring at her so lovingly. 

Seung Ho placed his hand gently on her cheek, caressing her skin softly with his thumb. The smile never vanished from his face. The more he stares at her, the more wider it becomes. With his free arm, he wrapped it around So Hyun's waist. Pulling her in closer to him, he leaned forward and placed his lips on top of hers. 

As the script indicated for her to do so, she smiled as she kissed back. This is when she knew she really has completely lost it. Even if the script told her to smile in th kiss, for some reason - she couldn't help but continue to smile as the kiss continued.

"AND CUT!!!" The CF crew members clapped their hands at how professional both actors are.

Seung Ho and So Hyun both took a step back, aware of their closeness. Finding themselves blushing, they had to look away from one another.

. . .

So Hyun leaned against the wall as she waits for her new manager to pick her up. Touching her lips constantly, she sighed to herself. "Don't do this, Kim So Hyun. Get your mind straight. You don't have time to do this."

"Time to do what?" Seung Ho walked over. 

"Didn't Manager Min Soo already pick you up?!"

He shook his head. "No."

Clearing , she tapped the wall. "We're filming together later tonight, right?"

"Yeah." Seung Ho answered. Biting his lower lip, he looked up at the dark sky. "Hmm...did you eat yet?"

"No...."

"Should we get something to eat first?"

So Hyun looked at him. "Without our managers knowing?"

"That's what makes the manager jobs fun, don't you think?"

. . . 

Why isn't he surprised that she choose Halmoni's Food Stall again? It always surprises him how empty her food stall is at this time. Seung Ho chuckled to himself as he took a bite of the spicy rice cake. "Of course, Halmoni's is the best!"

So Hyun smiled. "I'm sure we'll be sick of it one day."

Seung Ho laughed. "Maybe," as he turned to look at So Hyun, he noticed that she has sauce on the corner of . Taking a napkin, he handed it over to her. "Here."

"I have something on my face?" She took the napkin and started cleaning the corner of . 

"No, it's on the right side." He watched as So Hyun struggled. "Here," he stood up from his seat and wiped the sauce off with his own napkin. Just as he was about to sit back down, he paused once their eyes contacted. It's happening again, he thought. The heart's beating like crazy again. 

So Hyun couldn't even utter out the word thanks as she stared at Seung Ho's eyes. Why is he always this nice to her? Because he's always like this, her stupid heart is reacting this way. 

"Are you two going to kiss or not?" Halmoni suddenly asked. 

Shocked by her question, Seung Ho stared at her. "Halmoni!"

"What? Why are you two staring at each other like this if you're not going to kiss? Back in my younger days, I would've just grabbed my husband and planted one on him!" Halmoni laughed as she clapped her hands from over excitement. "Omo, look at me. Being excited over a kiss. I must really be getting old."

So Hyun and Seung Ho both looked at each other, smiling ear to ear as Halmoni covered her face from embarrassment. It's as if they both could speak to each other's minds. Within a second, they both got up from their seats. "HALMONI!!!!"

"OMO!!!!" Halmoni smiled gleefully when Seung Ho planted a kiss on her left cheek and So Hyun kissed her on her right cheek. She pulled them closer, giving them a hug as they laughed together. 

. . . 

author's note: wow! another long chapter! it's all thanks to you guys! your comments give me so much inspiration! please keep it up! and wow! it's been 2 years since I've been on this site! thank you for always supporting! I hope you all liked this chapter! please comment and subscribe!! (: