I

Wallflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlight filtered through the blinds that cast shade over an open window next to a neatly made bed in a messily made room. Son SeungWan sighed as she rest her head on the smooth wooden headboard of her bed and flicked her pen against the rustling pages of her organised diary.

 

“This year is going to be a great one.”

Seungwan murmured to herself. She didn't really care if she looked bat- crazy to everyone on the outside, all she had to do was live in her own little world. Everything was perfect there, just the way she liked it, and drama was thriving in a way that made her burst with excitement. She could sit back and watch as her boring classmates squirmed under her scrutinizing gaze that she casted in her vivid imagination. She liked to call it creativity, but the commons thought it to be childishness, naivetè and something they didn't want to be associated with. Acceptable, as she didn't want to see their y faces either.

 

This plan as absolutely perfect. She could just imagine their enraged faces once they found out it was her. Thrilling. She hummed in amusement and swung her legs off the side of her bed, jumping up onto her feet and sliding her toes into her patented leather shoes. One quick last look in the mirror revealed her plain appearance. Shoulder length brown hair and simple yet elegant facial features, not enough to gain any attention however. And it would stay that way until she was ready.

 

She was a wallflower. An exception to all ties In the high school status industry. There were the Kingka’s and the Queen Bee’s, the school’s royalty. The monks came next, they were the ones who worshipped the royalty of course. After them, there were the jesters and the messengers, who were the royalties source of humour and entertainment. And last but not least, the peasants, the ones who were picked on for no personal gain other than moving slightly up the food chain. But where did a wallflower come into this? It didn't. The wallflower was a special case, someone who stuck to the shadows. A perfect mix of a messenger and a secret class called the watcher. The wallflower observes from afar and gains information on their rivals, only to wreak havoc after gaining the required input. Well that's what the non-commoners believed anyway.

 

SeungWan nodded at herself in the mirror, observing her creamy brown eyes. Her appearance was up to standard, now to make her way downstairs and to the dining hall. Hope: Art And Sports University and School. A large establishment that had gained an array of views throughout its existence. It was a prestigious school, and acceptance into such school was near to impossible. SeungWan grinned to herself as she adjusted her black pleated skirt and dusted off her blazer as she made her way down the spiralling stairs.

 

She had been at the school for a number of years now, and she was proud to say that not only was she the top of the class, but she was blessed by the presence of the 12 Kingkas. She didn't worship them, but she did find them very interesting. They were playboys, smart and very persuasive. She was very happy to find that all of her observing over the years had given her enough information to officially bring the school’s precious Kingkas to their knees.

 

Speaking of, SeungWan smiled to herself as she spotted the wolf pack [as she liked to call them] chatting animatedly to each other in the dining hall. The room was massive, rows of long tables filled the whole room - with the exception of the kitchen area of course. The tables were designated to different cliques, not by rule but rather a hidden command. The tables were as followed; The Kingkas, The Queens, The Monks, The Messengers, The Jocks and of course the Peasants, who were separated into smaller groups ranging from Emo to Gamers. The list was endless, and SeungWan knew just about everything about everyone in each little designated sector.

 

On the opposite side of the room, a group of messengers were cooing over how ‘cute and perfect’ their Kingkas were. They watched in sickening awe as the two top dogs ‘Kind Suho’ and ‘Charming Kris’ laughed with their other Kingka friends. SeungWan rolled her eyes at the display and walked towards the serving sector of the dining hall. She grabbed an danish and a carton of strawberry milk before slinking out of the hall through the fire exit. She looked around to see if anyone had followed her and carefully began to climb the rusty metal ladders that lead to the roof. The roof was off limits, but it wasn't as if anyone knew that she went up there, or even knew that she existed.

 

She settled down in a comfortable spot on the roof, watching as the sun rose in the frosty autumn air. The ground was painted in a soft orange, lifeless leaves adorning the pathways all the way. She hummed to herself and broke the straw away from the milk carton, ripping off the plastic and plunging it into the milk carton. She sipped and savoured artificial strawberry flavour and watched as people walked around the campus from her high ledge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter