Bittersweet

Every Night and Day

They lived like very normal people for the most part. Not suspicious at all. And the idea would be too hard to comprehend for a lot of people anyway.

They weren't immortal. They just lived longer and aged more slowly. Eventually, they would die, and a new pair would be chosen. Don't ask them why they were chosen, because neither of them knows. But if you watch, you'll soon find out.

 

Yoongi didn't really like going out during the day. He always felt faint and then he'd have to deal with big crowds. One of the down sides to living in the city. Namjoon needed him to go out and get diapers, though, and he didn't feel like meeting with Seokjin's wrath. Most people on the street ignored him (it was faster to walk than drive, so he was even more exposed to the public). They were too preoccupied with their phones or other people they were walking with. Some, however, did notice how pale he seemed, how his skin seemed to shimmer like his matching silver hair. This garnered a couple of stares, but they got over it and he did, too.

He walked briskly into the store, heading to the baby section quickly. Yoongi had already had to pick several things up for Namjoon on other occasions, so he was able to efficiently choose and pay for the diapers. The package was bulky, and attracted more attention as he walked down several streets, but it drew eyes away from his appearance. And anyway, it's not like they hadn't seen diapers before.

Yoongi reached Namjoon's apartment complex and went into the lobby. The elevator ride left Yoongi feeling even more lightheaded, because Namjoon's family lived on the 35th floor. He walked slowly to room 3507 and knocked on the door. Seokjin opened it.

"Oh, Yoongi! You're here." He took the diapers from Yoongi. "Thank you so much!" he yelled over his shoulder as he jogged deeper into the apartment to a crying baby Yoongi assumed was Jimin. Yoongi walked inside and closed the door behind him. Namjoon came out, his hair sticking up in all directions and bags under his eyes. Yoongi couldn't help but laugh.

"I thought only parents in movies looked like that."

Namjoon scoffed. "I'm glad my misery brings you happiness." His expression softened. "Thanks for coming out. I know it's hard..."

Yoongi brushed him off. "You're sorry every time. It's fine. I know my struggles aren't nearly as bad as yours."

Namjoon laughed and walked closer to his friend. "You don't think you'll ever have a kid yourself?"

Yoongi laughed. "Me? Have a kid?"

Namjoon shrugged. "Well, I never thought I'd have one either. But look where I am now."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "That was Seokjin."

"Maybe you'll find your Seokjin one day." Yoongi shook his head. "You want to stay here until sunset?"

"You should stay!" yelled Seokjin from the nursery.

Seokjin and Namjoon were the only people in Yoongi's life who knew his secret. Besides the other person with the same one, of course.

"Okay," Yoongi said.

 

"Oh my god, Hoseok, you're so extra."

Hoseok stopped his octopus dance. He pointed to his chest. "You mean me?"

Byulyi laughed. "Yes, you." She looked at the clock and her face fell. "Shoot. We should go home now. It's almost 7:02." That was when the sun would set for the day.

Hoseok felt his stress levels rise dramatically. "We lost track of time again?"

Byulyi nodded and was collecting their things as fast as she could. They ran out to her car, and she started driving like a maniac. But they were too late. The sky was melting into reds, oranges, and yellows. Soon, it would be pink and purple, and then the blanket of night would cover the sky.

Hoseok was sweating and bit his lip to try and stop the cries of pain that never failed to worry Byulyi. She glanced at him hurriedly while she barely missed red lights and cut off pedestrians, yelling apologies out the window as she passed.

Hoseok had died about 8,590 deaths, but they never got any less painful. This time, it started in his stomach. It was some kind of burning sensation, like he had swallowed a candle that couldn't be put out, and its flame was growing inside him. He had gotten better at hiding the pain, even if he hadn't gotten used to it.

"Thank you, Byulyi," he said.

"Shut up, Hoseok."

"Thank you for being my rock and taking care of me and letting me be a burden to you and not running away from me and-- AHHH!"

", Hoseok! You know you shouldn't speak! Why do you do it every time?" She sloppily parked the car and burst out of the door, sprinting to the other side to half-carry Hoseok to their apartment. "What is it this time?" she asked as they made it through the door.

"Fire..." croaked Hoseok. It had made it to his skin now, and was burning away his flesh. Everything was just pure pain, and he couldn't see anything.

Byulyi carried him to their kitchen, placing him on the tile floor. She shuffled through the freezer and brought out two bags of ice. Byulyi tore them open with her nails and teeth as fast as she could, spraying the ice over Hoseok and soothing as much of the pain as possible. She did it two at a time, until Hoseok's body was numb, and he could die without too much pain.

"Goodbye, beautiful Byulyi," Hoseok said.

"See you tomorrow, Hobi. I love you," she replied, pressing a kiss to his forehead as he faded away once again.

 

Yoongi was getting seriously bored. Namjoon couldn't spare much time because he still had to help Seokjin and then go in to work. Seokjin was having a lot of trouble with Jimin, who wouldn't stop crying. Then he realized they didn't have anything in the fridge because he'd been too busy to go shopping, and Yoongi reluctantly offered to stay with the baby.

Jimin stopped crying, passing out from exhaustion in Yoongi's arms. He scoffed. "Really? You had to put your parents through hell only to fall asleep?" Yoongi settled the infant down in his crib and closed the door after turning off the lights. Half an hour later, Seokjin opened the door.

"He's sleeping?" mouthed the man. Yoongi nodded. Seokjin softly walked over to Yoongi. "Do you want to eat dinner here?" Yoongi shook his head.

"I have to work," he whispered. Seokjin nodded in understanding, and Yoongi left.

He once again walked to the bar, where he started his shift that ran through the night. Everything was pretty bland as usual, and Yoongi didn't have to talk to people too much, which he appreciated. There were sad people, happy people, and scary people. There was a point during the night where a big group of energetic people came in, and the small bar became stuffy and hot, but besides that, there was nothing too bothersome. No girls tried to flirt with him, and no one told him a long, depressing love story he had no interest in.

He started his walk back home at 4:30 am. He entered his apartment at 6:00, having taken a much longer route home than usual to make stops at certain stores. The sun was supposed to rise at 6:37, so he was safe. He fell asleep quickly.

 

Hoseok woke up with a gasp. The clock flashed 6:37, but he already knew the time. Byulyi's bed was empty, so he assumed she was out with Yongsun again. He showered, dressed, ate a speedy breakfast, filled a water bottle, and headed out for work.

The other staff at the cafe greeted Hoseok brightly, as he always lit up rooms with his presence. He, of course, smiled and waved. Throughout the day, customers came and went, a few regulars that started short, comfortable conversations, and a few new people who immediately fell for Hoseok and his outgoing personality. Hoseok was a natural at coming up with flattering compliments, and it wasn't for any reason other than he could always find something to like about someone, and he really liked making people's days better.

Outside, the sky was blue and clear, the sun shining brightly without making it too hot. There was a slight breeze, enough to keep it cool, but not too much to be annoying. Hoseok was in a great mood.

After his shift ended, he drove over to his dance studio, where he met with Byulyi.

"Hey," he greeted. She smiled and waved as he walked over to where she was warming up. "I assume you were with Yongsun this morning?"

Byulyi blushed and shook her head. "I was out for a run. Everything went okay this morning?" Everything always did, but Byulyi always asked anyway.

"Yep."

Byulyi's eyes suddenly brightened. "Oh! I ran into Yoongi."

Hoseok smiled softly. "How is he?"

"Good. He says." Byulyi's eyes softened. "Why don't you go see him? Just for the sake of seeing an old high school friend?"

Hoseok shook his head. "We weren't friends, Byul. Just acquaintances."

The girl made a sour face. "Because you didn't want to be friends. Come on, Hoseok! I hate seeing you in pain, every day."

"Then you don't have to stay with me."

This was making her mad, but the topic made Hoseok angry as well. "Would you be selfish for once?"

"He doesn't want to!"

"You never asked!"

That was a fair point. But, as always, Hoseok replied with, "I could tell. He wouldn't want to."

"He would do it."

"But I don't want him to do it only for me. I don't want him to be unhappy."

Byulyi sighed.

 

Yoongi had woken up around 1:00 pm. He looked behind his curtains to a bright, sunny day, and then let the fabric fall over the view again. He didn't feel like sleeping, but he didn't feel like eating, and he couldn't go outside. He decided to work on a song, which is what he spent most of his free time doing. Right after he finished the lyrics for a song and started getting ready to go to work, his phone rang. He answered it lazily.

"Hello?"

A smooth, happy voice replied, "Hey! The reason I asked for your number this morning was to see if you wanted to go out for dinner with me and Hoseok one day?"

Yoongi hesitated. It would have to be during sunlight, he knew. But he didn't really feel like rejecting Byulyi, since she was too sweet to say no to. "Uh, sure."

"It'd have to be early, around 4:30 or 5:00. That's okay?"

Yoongi hummed. "Yeah. I guess it's fine. We'd be inside, right?"

"Yep. Oh! You can bring Namjoon. And I heard he got married! Bring his spouse, too. I mean, if they can come."

"They have a kid right now, so I'm not sure it'd really be..."

"THEY HAVE A KID?? Aw, that's so cute! Do you have his number?"

"Yeah, I can text it to you."

"Okay! When I figure out a date, I'll let you know, and you can tell me if it works for you or not, okay?"

"Okay." It's not like he had much going on in his life at the moment anyway.

 

That night, it was yet another completely new death. This happened sometimes, when he would be sure that he hadn't experienced the feeling before, even when he was an infant. It wasn't like the fire from the previous night, or a weight crushing his ribs as he'd experienced before. There was no blood coming from his nose, mouth, or ears. It felt a little too real-world, and he suffered hallucinations. He was sitting in bed, waiting for it like he usually did unless they lost track of time and were still at the studio. For a few hours before, he'd been able to forget about the inevitable by working all his thoughts out of his head through dance. It was the reason he loved it so much. He didn't have to think or worry or stress, he could just move and do.

Byulyi was in the other room, talking on the phone to someone. Hoseok was closing his eyes, trying to brace for the pain sure to come when the sun slowly slipped out of the sky. He heard a sound, and his eyes opened. There were men dressed in black, with black caps and black face masks, all climbing through his window. Hoseok backed into the wall at the sight of them approaching him. One climbed on to the bed alongside him.

They had different weapons, one had a knife, another had a gun, there was a baseball bat. It was like they couldn't decide on which way they were going to kill him. The one on the bed, however, didn't have any weapons. He was the only one not wearing a face mask, too. His eyes were narrow, and his skin was a little lighter than Hoseok's, but not pale, either. His nose was narrow and pointed. His mouth was situated in a smirk.

In a deep, thick voice that belonged to a movie villain, he said, "Hello, Hoseok. We're here to kill you." He reached his hands out, and Hoseok backed up more, his face twisted in immeasurable fear. But they had cornered him, and there was no way to escape. The man's hands made their way around Hoseok's neck. He softly pressed down, building pressure and blocking Hoseok's breathing passage. Hoseok grabbed at the man's shirt, scratching and trying to push him off, but he was like a rock, unbudging.

"Byul... yi..." Hoseok managed to choke out. It was a whisper, though, and there would be no way for her to hear.

"No one can save you, Hoseok. Well, except one person, of course." The man moved to the side without releasing Hoseok's neck and him towards the others. The person with the knife stepped forward. Hoseok had already known he wouldn't be granted a fast death from a bullet, so the one holding the gun would be almost useless, only there to inspire fear.

He could tell the second man was smirking under his mask. He winked and twirled the knife in his hand before pressing the tip into Hoseok's bottom lip. He pushed down until it split the skin and drew blood, and then he dragged it down his chin before pulling it away. Hoseok knew they were trying to draw it out and make it painful. He was yanked backwards, and the first man's breath was felt on his ear.

"Still feel like ignoring your friend? She's a smart one, you know."

I see you've given up on being subtle.

The man laughed, being able to hear his thoughts. "It's not us. We're here to do our job. The ones in charge have no form nor gender. We aren't even real humans. Anyway, they know you know why you're being punished."

Hoseok was forward again, and the knife was lodged in his stomach. The pain was too much. His body gave up and became limp. The mask-less man laughed again, and Hoseok saw through half-closed eyes all of them disappear just as the door to his bedroom slammed open.

"I'm too late!"

Byulyi running over to him and caressing his face was the last thing he felt before his eyes rolled into the back of his head.

 

Yoongi was bored of his life. There was no point to it, and everything was just routine. There was the dinner, which he found himself looking forward to. That was the most he had planned for almost months.

Work was as usual, and his days were as usual. He did go out sometimes, to a cafe or something while he worked on writing lyrics. Sometimes, there would be a girl who seemed to take an interest in him or something. This actually happened quite often. If you got past the fact that he was skinny and kind of looked like a ghost, you could see that his face was very handsome. They were always too shy to actually talk to him, though, and he always pretended not to notice. He wasn't up for any romance.

But then, one day, during his shift at the bar, there was a particularly intriguing girl. She was alone, wearing a leather jacket and sneakers. She didn't have too much makeup on, and her hair was dark brown. Also known as undyed.

His shift was nearing its end, so he was just trying to get through to the end. The girl suddenly started up a conversation with him. It was okay at the start, and Yoongi noticed he quite liked her voice.

"So what's your name?" she asked.

"Min Yoongi."

"Oh," she said, smiling. "I'm Lee Minyoung." She stuck out her hand to shake his, and he looked at her for a second before doing it. As soon as their hands met, a sharp pain spread through Yoongi. He bit his lip to keep from reacting too much. Then, a booming voice echoed in his head.

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?

If you asked him to describe the voice, he wouldn't be able to give any words other than loud and commanding. He didn't know how, but the single sentence alone was enough to let Yoongi know that he couldn't start anything with this girl, or any other girls. He didn't know why he knew this, and it wasn't like he couldn't because there necessarily would be punishment if he did or a reward if he didn't. He just knew that he couldn't.

"I-I have to go," Yoongi said, before grabbing his things and power walking out of the bar.

 

Ever since that one night when actual people had killed Hoseok, he never died any other way. It was always the same men, just with different ways of killing him. Each night was more torturous and painful than the last, and it lasted longer. There was only one who ever spoke, and Hoseok subconsciously memorized his face.

Hoseok and Byulyi soon learned that there would be nothing she could do for him, except wipe away his tears and tuck him into bed after. The first few times she had seen it and tried to help, Hosoek had just been lifting off the ground, being thrown around and hurt by people only he could see. He wasn't even able to see her when it started, so when she tried to touch him or help, he would think she was one of his attackers and fight her, screaming and looking through her with a terrified expression. She gave up, and he told her to leave while it happened because he didn't want her to have to just watch him die without being able to do anything.

After coming home, Hoseok walked into his room. There was already someone sitting on his bed, waiting for him. But it wasn't the men that came to kill him.

"Y-Yoongi?" The man looked up at Hoseok's voice and smiled.

"Oh, good. You remember me."

"Of course I do, how could I forget?"

Yoongi smiled again and stood up, moving to Hoseok's window and looking out into the peaceful night. "It's been a while. How are you? What are you doing? Still dancing?"

Hoseok smiled. "Yeah, with Byulyi."

"I see you guys are still best friends."

Hoseok nodded, even though Yoongi couldn't see him. "Yeah. She... helps me."

"Oh, it still happens?"

Hoseok frowned. "Y-yeah."

Yoongi spoke again. "Well, I work at a bar now. One of the only jobs that goes through the night." He laughed suddenly. "I don't really have much else going on."

Hoseok walked up to be behind Yoongi. "So shouldn't you be working now?" Yoongi turned around, shock on his face. "Yoongi didn't know about my dying every night," Hoseok growled. "And you could never fool me for long into thinking that you're him." 'Yoongi' transformed into the usual unmasked man, who smirked. Hoseok started thinking that he never wore any other expression.

"You weren't going to fight me? Catch me by surprise? Maybe stop your death for one night?" The other assaulters walked out from the shadows.

Hoseok shook his head. "I can't win."

"So you just accept it?"

"What else is there to do?"

From outside the door, Byulyi covered as she sobbed. At first, she was confused by Hoseok's words. But then he kept talking even though there was no one talking back to him, and she knew it was only them impersonating Yoongi. She heard his grunts of pain and gasps as they tortured him. Maybe with stretching the way they did in medieval times. Or cutting off his limbs, slowly. Or eating him alive. There was no telling what they would do, she'd learned after hearing his recollections of the events in the morning. Then, all went silent, and she wiped away her tears. As she opened the door to a misshapen Hoseok, her determination strengthened. She would ease her friend's suffering, no matter what it took.

 

Yoongi was surprised to see Namjoon and Seokjin at the front of the restaurant that Byulyi had told him to meet her at. Namjoon just smiled and waved as Yoongi approached.

"What are you guys--"

"Hello!" he heard a voice shout from the door of the restaurant. Byulyi ushered them inside, a smile on her face as she poked her head out the door. Namjoon and Seokjin walked to her, going through the doors and deep into the restaurant. Yoongi followed after a second or two of hesitation.

"How did you get them to come?" Yoongi asked Byulyi as she led them to the table Hoseok was apparently waiting for them at.

"My girlfriend is babysitting for them. I got them to meet her, and they saw that she's adorable and harmless. Also good with kids apparently because their son seemed to like her. So... yeah. Also, it's free of charge. What parents would say no to that?" Byulyi smiled. "I would've stayed with her, but I didn't want Hoseok to be shy. And he doesn't know you guys are coming." She said the last sentence really fast, and Yoongi almost missed it.

Yoongi stopped walking and looked at her. "What?"

"Yeah, what???" said Namjoon, having heard the conversation.

Byulyi looked at them with a sheepish smile. "Don't worry, he'll be happy you guys are here."

Hoseok didn't exactly look happy when Byulyi brought them to the table and smiled.

"Look who I found, Hobi!"

When Hoseok saw Yoongi, he immediately seemed to get tense. It's not like they were ever enemies, but they weren't exactly friends, either. Which was weird, because Hoseok was friends with everyone. Like, even Seokjin knew him. And he didn't even go to high school with him.

"Oh, hey!" said Seokjin. "You're the guy at the cafe! The one who dances and always charms all the girls. And guys."

Hoseok turned to the handsome guy (Seokjin, not himself. Who is able to turn to themselves?) and seemed to relax, showing a blinding smile. Yoongi, in turn, frowned. "Oh, yeah. I mean the part about working at that cafe and dancing. Not the one about charming everyone." He rubbed his neck, blushing.

Seokjin and Namjoon sat beside Yoongi, who was sitting across from Hoseok (who was sitting next to Byulyi).

"Oh, stob it," said Seokjin. "You're too humble."

"Well, anyway," Hoseok said, changing the subject. "How do you know Byulyi, Seokjin?"

Seokjin gasped. "You remember my name! Namjoon took a week to get it down."

Namjoon rolled his eyes and otherwise ignored the comment. "He doesn't know Byulyi. Hoseok, this is my wife, Seokjin."

Mentioned person sat up straight. "I am your HUSBAND. Husband! Come on, say it with me. Hus-band. Does it look like I could wear a dress to you?"

"Yes," said Namjoon with a wicked smile on his face.

"He's right," Byulyi said. "You could probably wear one better than a lot of girls."

Seokjin crossed his arms with a huff, trying to hide his blush. Yoongi narrowed his eyes and made an uncomfortable face.

"Anyway, how have you guys been? It's been, what, six, seven years since high school? Oh, Hoseok, did you know that Namjoon has a baby? He's really chubby and adorable and sweet!" Byulyi said.

Hoseok smiled softly. "That's nice. I've always liked kids." Yoongi noticed Byulyi nudging Hoseok after he said that, but he seemed to ignore her.

The meal was filled with memories from school. Yoongi would have thought Seokjin would feel a little out of place, but he didn't seem to at all. He could always fit himself in and was in fact very confident and comfortable. More than Yoongi could ever be, anyway.

Sometimes, Hoseok would say something ridiculous, and Yoongi wouldn't be able to keep himself from laughing. Namjoon looked at him weirdly when it happened, but Yoongi ignored him. Hoseok didn't seem to have changed since school, even though he and Yoongi were never close. Hoseok was very well known, and on the rare occasions they did speak, Hoseok was a funny and friendly person.

Towards the end of dinner, Namjoon slipped away saying he had to go to the bathroom, and Hoseok and Seokjin carried on the conversation. When Byulyi realized Namjoon was paying for the dinner, she freaked out, but Namjoon wouldn't let her pay. They fought a while, and Namjoon reluctantly let her pay for half. Hoseok and Yoongi tried to pay as well, but the other two were adamant on not letting them. Seokjin watched everything with an amused face.

After they exited the restaurant, Byulyi pulled Yoongi aside as Namjoon, Seokjin, and Hoseok were engaged in deep conversation.

"Does Seokjin know, too?"

Yoongi didn't know what she was talking about at first, but he caught on fairly quickly. "About me being the moon? He knows."

"And about Hoseok?"

Yoongi shook his head. "I never had the need to tell him."

Byulyi nodded. "Okay. Well, can you come to mine and Hoseok's apartment? I have something to show you." Yoongi nodded. "Don't tell Hoseok."

She then walked over to the other three. Hoseok turned to her. "Are we going?"

Byulyi smiled. "I'm going to do something with Yoongi. Hoseok, how about you go home first?"

"Okay."

Byulyi turned to Namjoon and Seokjin. "Thanks for coming you guys! And thanks, Namjoon for paying. It was so nice to see you after so many years!"

Namjoon agreed. "Yeah. We should go out again some other time."

"Sure! Okay, bye." She gave them each a hug, and then they headed off in the direction of their car. Hoseok waved before going off to his car as well. Byulyi looked back at Yoongi. "Did you drive?" Yoongi shook his head. "Okay, then I'll drive you." They walked off to Byulyi's car. Once inside, she drove fairly slow to get there a little after Hoseok did. Yoongi assumed she was trying to trick the other into thinking she had stayed back a while, talking with Yoongi or something. In contrast, they sat in quiet for a long while before Byulyi started speaking, breaking the silence. "You know Hoseok can't be out at night?"

"Uh, yeah."

"But you can be out during the day."

Yoongi shrugged. "It's a little painful, but I can survive. It only hurts when I'm outside in daylight. Isn't it the same for Hoseok? Except with the night and day switched?"

Byulyi didn't answer for a long while. Then quietly, she said, "No, it's not the same for him." They had arrived, and Byulyi climbed out of the car, locking it while she made her way to the elevator. The ride in the small space was also quiet, but Byulyi didn't seem to be bothered, and Yoongi had never been one for small talk anyway. The doors slid open, and Byulyi walked out. Yoongi followed her until they made it to the apartment.

Byulyi unlocked the door and peaked in. She turned back to Yoongi. "I think he's in the bathroom. Follow me, quickly." She ran into the apartment, and Yoongi followed. They went down a hallway, and Byulyi opened a door. "Quick, go in there," she said, pushing him into what he assumed was her bedroom. Yoongi was a little annoyed, and he felt like a kid being hidden from someone's parents. He stood a meter away from the door, wondering why he needed to be hidden and what Byulyi needed to show him so badly. Couldn't she just show him? Were they waiting for Hoseok to sleep or something? Yoongi heard the sound of a door open, soft conversation, and then another door close. It seemed like it was the door next to Byulyi's. Then, light flooded the room as she opened the door and walked in.

"Okay, Yoongi." She was whispering. "I said I wanted to show you something. I have to tell you a few things first. It's connected to our conversation in the car. Hoseok doesn't simply feel uncomfortable during night time. Every day, when the suns sets and you're allowed to go out, he dies. An actual death. With the same amount of pain as a real one. Every morning, he's resurrected to play the role as this world's sun." Yoongi stared at her. She didn't pause long enough after speaking to notice, though, as she grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the room beside her's. "And today I'm going to show you what he's been going through every sundown since he was born."

She opened the door and pulled him in. Hoseok was levitating in the center of his room, his head tilted back and arms flailing, as if he was being held up by his throat. But no one was there. Hoseok let out strangled cries for help. Then, his shirt was ripped off, two forces pulling on both sides so it ripped in the center. There were no people to have done that, either.

"Why aren't we helping?" asked Yoongi, frantically. He turned to Byulyi, who was crying.

"We can't," she said. Yoongi looked at her in disbelief, and stepped forward to maybe pull Hoseok down or something, but some strong force pushed against him. It felt like a human, but there wasn't anyone there. When he was touched, he saw six men surrounding Hoseok, all in black. There was one that was maybe ten feet tall, laughing as he held Hoseok up and strangled him at the same time. Two were on either side of him, holding the two tattered pieces of his shirt. There were others not doing anything. There was also the man who had pushed Yoongi back who was right in front of him. It was all just a flash, and then it was over, and Yoongi hit the wall. He guessed the man who had pushed him was strong enough to push him across the room with that single shove. Byulyi gasped, and Yoongi assumed that they had never made physical contact with her before.

Yoongi's head throbbed in pain from having met with the wall so strongly. Hoseok dropped to the ground, and his body was moved by the invisible men so that he was laying on his stomach, on the ground. On his left shoulder, the skin seemed to dent, as if something was pushing down on it. Then blood started pooling out of the spot, and whatever was causing it (most likely a knife) dragged down. Shapes and lines were being created by cuts into Hoseok's skin, all the while he screamed into the carpet, struggling against whatever restraints they had holding him down. Yoongi realized they were carving words into his skin.

Hello Yoongi

Yoongi suddered.

We suggest listening to precious Byulyi after we're done if you want to help. She knows the only way to relieve him of his burden.

The writing stopped, and Hoseok's neck bent in a way that made a disturbing sound. He stopped making any noise. He stopped breathing.

Yoongi looked up to Byulyi, who was sniffling as she walked over to Hoseok.

"They're gone?" asked Yoongi. She nodded and the side of Hoseok's gray face, covered in sweat and tears, before pushing his eyelids closed. "Will he have scars?"

Byulyi shook her head. "All his wounds heal in the morning. I think he'll still feel pain from them, though. Even though we can't see them." Yoongi helped her as she lifted Hoseok on to his bed. "It helps me to pretend he's just sleeping," she explained. "That's why I close his eyes and why I put him in a bed. I pretend that he's just a really deep sleeper, and that's why nothing can wake him up until morning."

"There must be a way to stop this," Yoongi said. "They wrote that... you know it." Byulyi turned to him, all sadness gone from her eyes, hardness replacing it.

"There is a way," she said in a cold voice.

"Well, what is it?" asked Yoongi, impatient.

"You have to marry him."



a/n: Yay! 5.5k words! There should only be about three chapters, but I will try my hardest to make them long(ish) ones. At least longer than my usual chapters. It kind of took a long time to edit, but it was fun to write. Still, I don't want this to be boring because I'm trying too hard to make the chapters longer. Please leave any comments or feed back! Seriously. If something is confusing or there's a hole in the plot or something, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I have no idea what I'm doing. Thank you so much for reading to the end of the first chapter!!!