Okay, I'll help you

My Love Coach

The next day at school, Mingi was still trying to ask Jihoon. After more than saying a hundred times no, she decided to stop. For now. 

After school, she was approach by the girl who insulted her with her brother yesterday. 

"Annyeong, I'm Jirin, Jihoon's younger sister!" 

"Oh hi, I'm Mingi." She gave a sheepish smile. 

"I'm sorry for my brother yesterday. He is going through some stress and he really doesn't like being around girls." She said.

"Eh? He has girls all around him in school." Mingi said as she recalled the girls this morning flocking around Jihoon.

"His previous girlfriend left him for a stupid reason. He used to date our middle school's school president. They broke up because his ex thought he was dating his fanclub president. Their fanclub president actually told his ex that they were dating. She ended breaking up with him without even asking him. That . Oops sorry!" She laughed right after she cursed.

"Oh my, I feel sad for him." She lowered her head. 

"It's okay. It's in the past anyways. That reminds me, do you want to come over to try some of my clothes? I think they will fit you." 

Mingi agreed and they walked towards her house. 

Jihoon just finished his afternoon lessons. As he walked home, he was thinking about Mingi's request of him being her coach. 

"Am I crazy? Why would I take up such request? Why did I even think about it?" He talked to himself as he shooked his head a thousand times. 

He opened the door to his house and was greeted with Jirin helping Mingi with one of her dresses. He ignored and just walked upstairs. 

"Wait wait! How do I look?" Mingi stopped at the bottom of the staircase. 

"The sleeves are too puffy and it makes your arm muscle look very ugly. Please change out." He said directly and continue to walk upstairs. 

Jirin looked at Mingi's crestfallen face. "Don't worry, I'll help you." 

"It's okay. He looks like he really doesn't want to help me." Mingi sighed and changed back. She said bye to Jirin and left the house with a heavy heart. 

Jihoon looked at Mingi leaving from his room window and sighed. 

At night, Jihoon felt hungry and decided to go downstairs to find something to eat. He took a piece of cake out of the fridge and was about to go back to his room when he heard cheering sounds from the television. He walked towards it and saw Jirin seating there watching. 

"What are you watching?" 

"The moment when Mingi unnie won the final shot which let her to win the International Middle School Basketball Championship." 

Jihoon watched and saw how she scored the final ball as the buzzer rang. She screamed and started to cry. She was interviewed by a reporter as she cried. 

"How do you feel after scoring the buzzer beater?" 

"Finally, I have trained my whole life for this. We got the championship. Good job guys!" She shouted as her team celebrated.

"Do you have any words you want to say to your supporters?" 

"As long as you work hard, everything will pay off. So don't give up and do your best. Thank you!" 

The video went off. "Look at how excited she was when she won the championship." 

Jihoon stood quiet and walked towards his room with his cake. 

The next day at school, Jihoon walked towards Mingi's classroom and stood by the door. 

"Yah, what is he doing outside?" Aitsuki asked Mingi. 

"What? Who?" She looked at the door and saw Jihoon. He gestured her to go over. Mingi followed him to the rooftop. 

"I'm only going to say this once. I'll help you." Jihoon said in a low voice.

"What did you say? I can't hear you." Mingi did not hear him clearly. She only heard the word help. 

"I will only say it once." He retorted and was about to leave when she stopped him.

"Did you say you will help me?" She said with her eyes shining bright. He replied with a light nod. 

"Really!? Oh my gosh! Thank you, coach!" She said loudly.

"Call me Jihoon, not coach. Oh and I'm one condition, you must never fall for me. You first lesson will begin tomorrow after school. See you then." He said. 

Mingi did a victory dance and said, "Thank you! And I promise to not fall for you!" 

Jihoon chuckled and left the rooftop.


Finally after so long! Really sorry for the late update! My exams just started and I'm still updating this. Haha! Anyways, hope you guys like this chapter (: