Giving up basketball

My Love Coach

In middle school, Mingi was the captain of the girl's basketball team. She dedicated herself to basketball and practiced day and night to perfect her shootings and her defendings. Her group attained the first place in the national competition for middle school. That shows how good she has led her team mates to victory, not forgetting all her hard work had all been paid off. 

Now that she is in high school, as cliche as it sounds, she decided to drop basketball and try to find a boyfriend. A bad decision right? But Mingi went with it anyways. She searched up on all the hot dating sites around and looked up on fashion magazines to find the perfect outfit to attract the boys. 

During the first summer, she wore a pink knee length puffy dress, pink heart shape printed socks, pink glossy flats, pink pearl necklace and a pink top hat. She walked around Itaewon. She walked around the area but no one gave her any attention. Except for some weird stares from some people which she had ignored. 

After a few hours of walking, she went home dejectedly. She had no luck today and she decided to try again tomorrow. Since it's the summer holidays, she had a lot of time to spare. 

The next day, she went to Dongdaemun. Today, she was wearing a cyan knee length puffy dress, green polka-dots stockings, yellow high heels, a choker, a necklace that stops right in front of her chest and another below her chest. Total of three necklaces just dangling off her neck. She left her hair down this time and just did the same, walked around Dongdaemun. Just then, a boy with a clip board came towards her and wanted to ask some question for a survey.

"Hi, I saw you standing here so I just wanted if you had time----"

"Yes yes I have time!" Mingi replied a little too excitedly. 

"Okay! So---"

"Where do you wanna go after this? I'm thinking that we go and have lunch first, then we will go to the arcade afterwards---" 

"Hey, I just wanted to ask---" He started to walk away but Mingi kept going near. He started running and Mingi followed suite. He started to run faster. Mingi followed but she tripped and her shoes went flying in the air.

"You drop you shoe. Or more like it flew." Mingi looked up and saw a really handsome guy holding onto her shoe. 

"Oh oh, thank you." She momentarily forgot what she wanted to say. She took her shoe back and walked away. 

She walked home dejectedly again, with nothing. Although she was thinking about the handsome guy she saw awhile ago.

 She tried many times during the summer holidays but still no luck. 

Finally, school is starting. Before the start of class, Mingi started to rant about what happened to her best friend, Aitsuki. 

"He ran away from me!" Mingi exclaimed.

"Are you sure you did not do anything wrong?" Mingi thought back.

"Nothing wrong!" 

"Maybe your method is wrong? Maybe, just like basketball, you need a coach to teach you." 

"Oh my yes! But who can coach me?" Mingi thought and suddenly thought of the handsome guy who caught her shoe. "Ah him! Wait," she drop her thought when she realize she does not even know who he is. 

Just then, she looked out of the classroom and saw him walked pass her classroom.

"Yes! That's him!" She immediately went after him. 

"Wait! Does he know you? You don't even know him!" Aitsuki shouted. 

"It's okay! It's my only chance! I'm gonna find him!" She shouted back and ran at top speed to find the guy. 

She saw him at the first floor as she immediately ran down and dash towards him. She stopped infront of him. 

"Please be my coach!" She bowed ninety degrees. 

"Huh?" The guy replied, with a question mark floating above his head. 

"Help me become popular!" She said again, still not getting up. 

"What? No! I don't have time for this." He walked away. 

"Wait! Please please please be my coach and help me become popular." Mingi sincerely begged. 

"Absolutely not. Look at you, your tie is in a ribbon. It gives the impression of attention seeker. You make-up, it's too thick. Sounds like you have a pimple break out under it." He insulted but Mingi still did not bulge. 

"Oh! So you were the girl whose shoe flew and oppa caught it. Your shoe was really ugly as what oppa described." Another voice came. Mingi looked up and saw a really pretty girl. She has the same features as the handsome guy so she assumed they were siblings. Her mind went blank when she realize both siblings had already insulted her within five minutes. 

"Please be my coach." She asked one more time.

"It's the same, the answer is still no." He replied and walked away with his hand in his pocket. 


First chapter up! Oh my! I love this story honestly *laughs* the movie is also really good <3 

I'll update again somewhere this week? I'm not sure yet. But do keep supporting this story! (: