—final.

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEEING HIS EIGHT YEAR OLD HOP AROUND THE YARD ON HER RIGHT FOOT, HE COOED, TRYING TO CONTAIN HIS BLUSTEROUS LAUGHTER. Renjun shook his head, cupping his mouth as he smiled widely. He clutched his other hand on his husband's arm, who was trying to calm the little girl down. Chenle wanted to help her, but the other's guffaw was something unbearable to handle, and giggled along with Renjun.

She grimaced at the wet feeling on her bare foot, making uneasy faces at her two parents. Finally, she grasped onto the nearby picnic table, angrily pouting and glaring at Renjun.

"Papa don't laugh!" She wailed, bobbing her pigtails hotly, "It's disgusting!"

Renjun gagged, "Oh Aeri," He sighed, "I warned you about Bubbles crap by your scooter. You're always too excited." The man let go off Chenle and lifted Aeri. Her back on his chest, so the feces on her foot was away from him. Renjun scowled at the smell, regret on inhaling the awful smell on his daughter. He took her into the nearby restroom, as his husband continued to laugh.

The younger parent turned around to Bubbles, the family's pet Labrador, who had her tongue stuck out, whining silently. Chenle waved her over, and the poor dog stuffed her face in his caring palms. He giggled and patted her, "It's okay Bubbles, Aeri wasn't watching where she was going."

The dog just kept on wailing, as Chenle it's clean, yellow fur. Bubbles was such a great addition to the family. Ever since years ago, before they adopted Daehwi, Renjun's puppy, Junie fell ill. She couldn't last longer, leaving earlier than the chocolate haired man, who had never thought such things. He remembered how Renjun couldn't stop weeping for days and nights, Chenle couldn't handle his loud sobs, begging for Junie to come back.

Truly, Chenle felt as if the whole sky fell on him. Junie was the one that led him to his precious and most beautiful spouse, what could he have done without the pup? None of this would be here right now, if it weren't for dear Junie. Oh, how much he misses that beagle puppy. In memory of her, they placed a small portrait of Junie by the entrance, with her pretty amber collar, attached with a small golden locket, her name craved on it. It sent Chenle lost into the world of anguish, just like when his mother's life was taken away.

His mother. How he wished she could have stayed in this world. Chenle can see her, all so proud of him, sitting aside watching over her grandchildren. She would limp her way to his father, smooching his cheek before calling the kids over, and give them a final hug before going far for holidays. He had imagined it all, and seemed to him like it had happened. But he knows, imaginations will forever be imaginations.

It battered him, when Daehwi was nine, the lad tugged his arm when they arrived home from China, after visiting Renjun's parents for the holidays. He hesitated a bit, and whispered, "I've always wondered how Grandma looked like in real life. She's very pretty, right daddy?" All the man could do was chuckled and smiled. But then was pondered with nights and days of drenched downpours, making him feel weak everywhere he went.

Chenle ruffled Bubbles head and gave her a last pat before she grazed away, running after his daughter's voice, who was all fixed up from the unfortunate incident. Giving a lovely smile to his husband, Chenle pulled Renjun in his arms again. He leaned back, Chenle took a gush of his strong scent, so powerful and desirable.

He nuzzled his nose on the back of Renjun's neck, making the elder hummed. "What do you want?" He whispered, flicking Chenle's forehead.

"Sometime alone with you." He mumbled back, all raspy. Renjun sighed.

Chenle was always busy, and he definitely understood that. But this week, he had more day offs than usual, sending himself home early. Yesterday, he had taken the kids out, to a new exquisite water park nearby, as Renjun finished up his final illustrations for his new book. Later, Renjun purposely let Mr. Zhong to bring Aeri out to the opening ceremony of a fair, which meant he would be alone with his husband. At last, Renjun was able to cuddle Chenle close. Just in a few hours, he was sure thousands of kisses would be shared between their craving lips.

Ever since Aeri was embraced into the Zhongs' house hold, the chocolate haired man was too busy taking care of the infant. She was only eight months old, and Chenle had extra things to do, like making food for Daehwi and taking him to extra classes, as Aeri didn't let Renjun out of her side. Whenever he left for the washroom, the baby shrieked, blubbering her eyes out, like Renjun had just fled away. He remembered the time when he came back into her nursery, and she was dead silent. Oddly, Daehwi was standing by, heaving a bright grin smearing on his face. Turned out, the boy had placed a bottle in the baby's mouth, and stuffed her in the closet. What was he thinking?

Aeri was now six, while Daehwi had just turned fifteen. It amazed Renjun, on how much they've been through together. He glanced at his husband and chuckled, they really were a great team. Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee had retired, just when they had adopted Aeri, so it was harder for them to do anything. Chenle didn't have time to hire anyone, except a driver, who'd take care of Daehwi from time to time. Beoson, the young man that worked as their driver, was pretty good with kids. Renjun would say he is Daehwi's talk buddy. Countless times, he had caught them having pep talks shared between them throughout the years.

"So, what are we going to do when everyone's gone?" Chenle said in their mother language, slightly in a mocking tone. It had been a tradition for them to speak Mandarin every now and then, so their kids would get used to the language. Sure, the two are perfectly Korean, but Renjun thought it will be better for them when they fly back and forth from China. Right now they still weren't fluent, but did Chenle thought he would get away with it by saying it in Chinese? Their daughter was just a few meters away.

Renjun snorted, "Don't even think about that!" He hissed. From the bottom of his neck, to his cheeks, it was all bright amber.

Chenle laughed, "What do you mean? I was thinking about re-watching Lion King and Brother Bear." He clucked, "What were you thinking?" His husband threw his well-known smirk at him, well as least to Renjun it was pretty familiar, he had no other choice but to get used to it.

Renjun clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes.

"What? Or you want to re-watch Bridge to Terabithia?" Chenle suggested, rubbing the other's back. This time, Renjun pouted as a response. The jet haired male laughed, "I'm joking. We'll do something much more fun than that."

He grumbled lowly at Chenle, before shrinking at his daughter's booming howl. Aeri leaped off the ground and continued to run before Bubbles, as the Labrador dog chase after her. She rolled into a ball in the grass, getting rapturous screeches echo through the lively backyard.

"Daddy, papa!" She wailed, as Bubble's covered her in his slobby , "Get her off me! Can't breathe!" Aeri giggled, playfully trying to push the pet's face.

Chenle gently nudge Renjun's body off his, and picked up Bubbles, preventing her from leaping on to the little girl again. Her barks were so happy and energetic, Chenle wasn't sure why the dog was so excited. Aeri then jumped to her feet and brushed the dust off her clothes, "Silly Bubbles, she almost ruined my dress!"

Renjun laughed, "You're excited to go out and have fun?" He said, patting Bubbles' on the head.

Little Aeri nodded, "Yes! Grandpa is going to take me to the new McSnuggles Festival opening near papa's favorite restaurant, we might even get those chocolate brownies after!" She squealed, clapping her hands frantically. But then, she frowned, "Why aren't you and Daddy coming?"

The smaller male smiled lightly at his daughter and knelt down to her height. He flickered her bangs lightly and placed his hands on her cramped shoulders, showered with her bright, mahogany locks. It ached his heart to see Aeri frowning, she had always been the sunlight of the family, even the moon loved her. "I'm sorry dear," Renjun whispered lightly through the gentle air, "Papa and daddy wanted to spend time alone, and grandpa had already promised you to go to the festival right?"

Aeri's pout became broader, "But then you'll miss the fun rides there. And the cotton candy, the popcorn and meet McSnuggles the Moose!"

"We'll go another time, when Daehwi isn't so busy with his friends, all right? For now, you hang out with grandpa, I bet he's as excited as you are to go there. " Renjun said. He lifted out his right pinky at the girl, smiling widely, "Pinky promise?"

She beamed at her father and clasped her bitty pinky with his, "Pinky promise!"

Renjun learned a lot through parenting his two children over the past years. Aeri was definitely way more stubborn than Daehwi, when he was around her age. Daehwi had always preferred art, especially anything to do with music and performing. He had a much calmer way of entertaining himself, and was filled with creativity. Renjun had to clean the plain wall Daehwi had murdered with his paints and colour pencils when he was nine, but that didn't stop the lad from decorating the bathtub with his favorite set of Crayola markers.

On the other hand, Aeri was more outgoing and active. She loves sports, specifically anything game with a bat, she'll master it in no time. Renjun wanted her to join the swimming classes Daehwi had went to in the past, but she rejected it for the taekwondo classes on every Friday. It wasn't that Renjun was worried about, no, not at all. He knew she had the potential and courage to do it, she was going to ace it, like everything she does. Aeri was also kind of the reason why then got Bubbles, he thought Daehwi's companion wouldn't be enough for the blusterous lass, and maybe a friendly canine could help her get out of the boredom when the parents are busy.

Aeri shrieked at the sight of Mr. Zhong prancing into the room, swaying his cranky, ancient body. He threw a blissful smile at her, and scooped her up in his arms, throwing her lightly in the air. Renjun panicked for a second, but then was healed by their buoyance laughers. "You ready to head for the festival Aeri?" Her grandpa effused.

The girl nodded wittedly with her pigtails, screaming yes so loud that Chenle was out of the world for a slight moment. Mr. Zhong giggled, "Then bid a goodbye to papa, daddy and Daehwi, and say hello to McSnuggles the moose!"

That was exactly what she did. Aeri gave Chenle and Renjun a small kiss on their cheeks, while the brunet male pecked her little nose. She ran out with Mr. Zhong like there was no tomorrow, and waved a goodbye to her brother, who was dressed up efficiently in his best clothes. Before she could leave, Aeri took the chance to scream, "Daddy! Daehwi is going on a date again!" And practically rushed into the car, as she could feel her brothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter