one

First Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’ve never been an insecure girl, but that doesn’t mean I’m some narcissistic-self-centered brat. It just means I have a good understanding of who I am. At least, I used to, anyway.

In school, I was friends with everyone. I couldn’t help it, I just felt happy all the time and felt the need to spread it. So when there was a transfer student, I felt it was my duty to make him feel accepted at our large, academically and talent-competitive school. However, by the second day, I realized my help was not needed. He ended up making a name for himself with his handsome visuals, sweet voice, and wide, broad shoulders to add to the list.

None of us understood why he didn’t date anyone when he was so clearly the most eligible bachelor of our class. I wouldn’t be able to tell you why, but I never dated anyone either, despite the constant offers. I just didn’t see anyone in that way… Well, other than him.

Him. Kim Seokjin.

The name alone causes my heart rate to quicken, my breaths become sharp and short, and leaves a slight tingle on my lips where his once touched.

We weren’t friends - not really. He hung out with the boys, usually, while I hung out with my girls. But our circles often collided when our friends began dating. My friends encouraged me to date him as well, but I could never bring myself to ask him out.

Then, on July 9, 2017, we were all at Kim Taehyung’s summer bash.

“Girls, girls! Finally, some girls!” Taehyung exclaims, clearly feeling tipsy. He wraps an arm around Lisa’s shoulder, and the other on Rose’s. “You girls wanna join me in the hottub?”

“Yah, Kim Taehyung! What are you doing with your arm around my girl?” Jungkook calls out from the patio. He makes his way towards us by the pool, followed by four other boys in their squad. Lisa immediately runs into his arms, while Rose grins as Jimin wraps his arm around her tiny little waist. Jennie and Yoongi had headed inside the moment they arrived, possibly messing around in Taehyung’s room.

Jin stands tall behind Jimin, his broad shoulders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter