Chapter 15 : The Rich Society (FINALE)

Rich Society
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 15 The Rich Society FINALE

 

Society, everyone belongs here; all revolve in this circle. The poor and the rich, the powerful and the hopeless, the young and the adults, the weak and the strong, all of them form a society. Things and matters contradict, even the people's emotions and feelings contrast. For the reason that these differentiations happen, society has various beliefs, different standpoints and so love and hate arise. Society, because of all these variations, it's divided into clashing groups and branched into factions. There is the surviving lower class, the general public of the middle class and there exists the rich society.

 

Yes, the rich society that's above anything and anyone else. The rich society wherein the rich people enjoy the fortunes they have. The rich society is where coins chinking are the sound of their day-to-day serenades. Paper bills flocking are the melodious harmony cleansing their ambiances. They are who have unlimited amenities and luxuries in their pockets. The rich people live in this society where almost nothing is impossible, where full control and authority is in their hands. But behind walls of wealth that shields hides the tears and sorrows, the torments and burdens, like any other have. 

 

The rich society, here lives the heirs, two young women who are walking through the path of thorns, on the roads of flames, going through the hardships and challenges of the blazing heat of fire. They are the heirs who have no way out of the rich society and have accepted what was engraved for them. They are the women continuously learning how to play the game of rich society, playing along with the schemes of the rich society and enhancing their young minds to contest their faiths.

 

“Today, I stand here in front of you all to present a groundbreaking project which I am definite will make the greatest impression in this industry.” The elegant woman in her black velvet dress fitting her slender body proclaimed, standing tall and confident before the eyes of the small number of audience yet powerful to be pleased with the presentation flashed on the screen.

 

In an exclusive auditorium gathered the businessmen in their suits who are set and expected to be satisfied with an innovative project proposal as told. Looking up at this young woman standing on stage with brilliant mind and overflowing confidence, they give her their utmost attention preparing what’s about to be out of that smirk she wears and from that poise she extraordinarily displays for this conference as they prepare their ears for an attentive listening and their proficiency be tested.

 

“World Hotel started as a small business, just a mere inn for the tourists, just a lodge for the country’s visitors and a budget friendly for everyone. World Hotel only started to become huge and known thanks to those commoners’ accounts and through their positive word of mouth, satisfaction and compliments of our best quality services, we managed to garner more and more books and soon we expanded bit by bit until it turned so profitable like how it is now. And because we’ve gone so far and soaring so high, we only render our services and extend our kindness to the likes of us, only to the rich society. Only the people belonging to the rich society can afford to pay for our services now, and we can’t even give it to the people who was once there to help us up, and brought us to what we have and what we are today. Have we ever thought of repaying them?” The fearless speaker only just started but she’s already making a deep impression to the listeners, targeting them right through their hearts.

 

The amused audience so questions her objectives, “From what I can understand so far, you want to return back the general public’s kindness and generosity, is that right? How is that related to this groundbreaking project then that you want to propose to us?”

 

The presentation flashed to the next slide and here is where the audience started having different reactions and expressions, some smiled, some kept their straight face, and some can be heard complaining in a murmur in their seats and some glared so sharp questioning the meaning of what’s upon them. The reactions are expected, at least for the smart speaker who can see right through them. Hence, she overlooked their initial feedbacks for she’s about to give and continue her demonstration.

 

Pacing from left to right on that wide stage, the speaker expounds the goals for them to understand, “As you can all see in the presentation, yes, my project is to expand the World Hotel not only to the Rich Society but also for the general public where it once started and how it started as a whole. I want to bring back the World Hotel that everyone used to appreciate. We will be branching out to the public as we will be releasing an economy standard quality for everyone to enjoy but naturally, we have to downgrade some services for it to be affordable. We’d want them to know that we, the rich society don’t only limit our world within us. I want the people to know that we, the people in the rich society can jive along and can mingle with them through this project. What we enjoy, what we experience, I want them to feel like how they made us feel what it is like out there, out from our walls made of golds. World Hotel, with this new project, I want this to be the start of change, to change what’s wrongly planted into people’s minds about us and enlighten them that rich society isn’t full of rainbows, that we, the people of rich society carry the same weight as them, the struggles and the hardships. Through this project, we would like to connect with everyone not just through wealth but also through hearts and their minds.”

 

The speaker presented so accurate that it moved most hearts but it can never be removed that someone will also debate and question the intentions as one deliberates, “Won’t that bring a negative impact to the rich society, to the other investors like us? You can never ignore the fact that some greedy rich people wouldn’t want to see the poor relishing the same services. Because some people think like that, they might only transfer to the competitor and you know how rich society works. No matter how many millions of compliments you get from the public, once there’s someone from the rich society brings you down and your project, it’s worth the millions.”

 

“Isn’t that why we create partnerships and have partners? What’s the use of trust we give to our partners? What’s the use of bond we create with one another? Isn’t it to make one thing possible and to be successful? It’s true; we cannot deny and we cannot pretend so blind about the cruelty happening within the rich society. There will always be people who will disagree and judge us; no matter we do good or bad. But that’s what makes us strong; to be firm and show them we can do it as one, together.” The speaker immediately opposed for an argument and the examiners were arrested in their seats. Her mind cannot be shaken and her composure cannot be manipulated with those looks she receives. For she is here to defend, her brilliant mind is impossible to be upset.

 

“What do you mean?” A relaxed man asked, wanting to hear more of the speaker’s confidence.

 

The speaker stopped right at the middle of the stage and said so steady, “Rich society is where we live, where people doesn’t know and hold of the poor, where people are ignorant of the struggles of the deprived. Rich society is where fancy people are oblivious of the sufferings of the needy, their blood and sweats they pour from the habitual fights. Yet, we the rich people in the bright side extend our hands to the indigent screaming for our help, begging to be saved by our infinite prosperity we have in our home. Moreover, in the first place, our businesses wouldn’t operate without their help. World Hotel is impossible without the helping hands they extend to us, to make a business possible and working. Who builds the buildings? Who polishes our amenities? Who renders the best services to our guests? Isn’t it them? So, it’s time for us to tell the whole world, we are one as society with no boundaries, no limits and nothing in between and that, we as a society can work as one.”

 

The presentation formally concluded and the speaker finally finds ease in her heart, at long last ending a stage with genuineness. The auditorium lights up and the audience she gathered makes a stand, all applauding up from their seats, giving her the heartfelt appreciation for her truthfulness. Through her words that are filled with truth and love, she garnered the rich society’s hearts, the stoned ones and even the soft ones. As she stands smiling on stage, now in so much bliss, she is fulfilled for today’s task.

       

She walks down the stage to meet the satisfied investors to extend her warmest gratitude saying with a handshake, “Thank you for coming despite of the short notice about this meeting. I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.”

 

But the well-dressed old man satisfactorily returns in a smile, “It’s alright. You’re still young and you have a lot of things to learn as you go on with this business. Your invitation may be late as you said but coming all the way here to listen is so worth it. I enjoyed your presentation. You really are a kind and sincere woman as everyone is saying about you. I’m satisfied.”

 

“I just inherited it from my father.” The speaker beamed.

 

Then another one came, a young man, to extend his contentment, “That was a perfect presentation. I hope everything goes well.”

 

“The financial statements has been planned as well and studied by the experts. Thus I can say, this project will definitely create an impact to the business industry. Of course, we’ve already got the go signal of our lifetime partner for this project before I came to stand here before all of you, our potential investors. Rest assured that I’ll closely and strictly monitor this project once approved by the whole board.” The speaker answered professionally that it left the businessmen in their gratified laughs.

 

“My, my… as expected from the sole heir, Jennie. I really see your father in you. Good job for your first project proposal. Keep it up” The old man patted her shoulders.

 

“Expect a response from us within the week. We have to review your proposal very well along with the contracts and we’ll be personally giving you our response. Please do understand, Jennie.” The young rich man said as he formally bowed.

 

She then also formally bends, “Oh, no worries. We can wait even if it will take a little longer. I fully understand that this project is quite big and some great risks are involved as well. So please, take your time.”

 

“We’ll go ahead then, Jennie. Good luck.” The investors said as they left one by one, making an exit out of that curtained door.

 

Jennie, the sole heir of the World Hotel, here she stands alone in her own feet, proficient and right before the experts’ eyes she delivered. She is the heir fully packed with everything, from looks to personalities and attitudes. She’s a woman close to perfection as everyone sees her to be but behind the eyes, beyond imaginations, this excellent woman that everyone envies has gone through the thorns and infernos of the greatest challenges in life. She was hurt, she made faults and she still is, she cried and suffered and crawled under the rich society’s hands. Nevertheless, here stands a woman, Jennie, who was formed by those struggles to be the person she is now, strong and resilient.

 

“Finally, I’m here…” Jennie breathed as she smiled at these thoughts of her hardships she’s passed once again.

 

“Job well done as always, Jennie.”

 

Jennie turned back to meet this jolly woman hopping as she approaches. As elegant as her, she wears a red dress, a smile as bright as hers and a positive aura as her and there can only be one woman who can be this open and carefree towards a reserved one. As soon as Jennie opened her arms for an embrace, she greets warm, “Nayeon~”

 

“You did great! I’m so proud of you! You presented so well I couldn’t believe it was really you who was standing on that stage a while ago.” Nayeon squealed, sounding like a proud parents to her little girl who delivered her very first performance on a nursery stage.

 

Jennie smiles shy, “Thank you. I’m glad you made it too.”

 

“Of course! Why should I miss it?” Nayeon said then at once she hands over signed papers and acclaims, “Here. I already signed the contract for the project. I signed that as your best friend, not as your investor. I trust you so why should I take more time to sign it? Besides, my parents told me to decide for myself so there, I signed it.”

 

“Really? You should have read it at least!” Shocked, Jennie reviewed the signed contract on the folder which is now in her hands and indeed, Nayeon signed it right away and this brought her into overjoy it’s impossible to hide it as she grins so wide at her best friend.

 

Nayeon smiles back at her reassuring, “Do I really have to doubt at my best friend? You’re the best and I know even with my eyes closed and ears blocked.”

 

Jennie pulled her best friend for another embrace and expresses emotionally, “Thank you Nayeon. Thank you for being by my side always. I don’t really know what to do without you. I’m glad I have you.”

 

Nayeon patted her head and said, “And we’ll be together forever, okay? We promised. Don’t dare you to break it.”  

 

“Yeah. It’s a promise.” Jennie snickered then asks casually, “Do you want to grab some coffee? I have a short break before my next meeting so I can still hang out with you.”

 

“Sure.” Nayeon said so excited.

 

Amidst of the rich society’s brutality, Jennie found this one person who stands beside her through the good and the bad times, through thick and thin. After all the hardships they have gone through, all those thorny roads Jennie stepped on, Nayeon was there, is always there and will forever be there. Be it under the light or under the shadows, in the rain or in the sunshine, through tears and smiles, their promise of friendship was never questioned, never broke apart and never once damaged.

 

Together they march out of the auditorium, and like the good old times, their elegance radiate twice brighter when together. They are those powerful women turning heads while walking and this never changed, hence, their take on it never changed as well, only heads up and ignore until eyes are not into them anymore. They are these best friends who can capture so much attention with just a look, no words and only those alluring gazes.

 

Pacing out of the building, walking leisurely and relaxed by the lobby reminds Nayeon of the past as she reminisces sighing, “Look how time flies so fast, Jennie. It feels like it was only yesterday when we were so young looking up to your father, tagging along with our parents to learn the rich society’s life. It was only like a second ago when we were in college grinding so hard. And now we’re here, you being the head of the board of directors, soon to be President. Who would have thought we’d reach this far?”

 

“You’re right. I didn’t even notice. So it’s been really that long, huh?” Jennie yearned.

 

“By the way, today is Lisa’s graduation too, right? Aren’t you going? It’s starting in an hour and she’s going to make a speech too since she’s graduating with honors.” Nayeon asked the time they reached the nearby coffee shop and stayed by the counter area waiting for their order.

 

Jennie unfortunately wobbles her head and responds negative, “I can’t go but we already talked about it. I’ll just watch the media’s live coverage later on at the news. I still have some more meetings later on and we agreed to just meet at the graduation party.”

 

“Lisa just can’t stop amazing me you know. She has grown so matured to be so perfect for you. If I were Lisa I might have already sulked and won’t talk to you for days but look at her easily accepting it.” Nayeon commented and best friend smirking at her.

 

 Jennie then proudly boasts, “Of course she would. She’s been working hard these past few years for us and we live in rich society. I’m sure Lisa has learned how it works.”

 

“I guess I have no choice but to go and attend it then, since I have no schedules left after this. Lisa might not be so happy to see me but at least I can go there as your proxy, right? I’ll just tell her whatever you want to say.” Nayeon decided as she checked on her blank time table for the day.

 

“Thank you. You’re a life saver.” 

 

The days they have been living, the weeks they went through, the months they have fought to live on and shared the worst and the best moments then it became years they have been striving so hard in this world of rich society until to this very day they are walking through the path, now here they are continuously running and if not, they walk and if it’s too hard to stand then they would crawl into this world seeking to find just and balanced society.

 

Jennie, remembering all these memories up to the present time didn’t bring a scowl in her lips but a wide stretch of a bright smile. How things have changed so much, how people come and go, how moments turned into bittersweet memoirs and how many shades of colors have painted her world so far, all of these shaped Jennie, the people around her as well, to be this person she is now, successful and professional in the realm she revolves around.

 

“How about her, will she be coming to the graduation party? She’s quite busy these days too as I can see. She’s everywhere again. She’s so active and you can see her face all over the country.” Nayeon pointed at the television by the walls, waking Jennie up back to the reality in a snap.

 

Jennie looks up the television and on the screen is someone who was once part of the war and this brought her into a long breathe, “Chaeyoung, huh?”

 

“Though she’s everywhere, I haven’t heard much about her personal life anymore since she came from hiatus. But I can say after that much needed break from entertainment industry, she looks more resilient and confident now.”

 

Chaeyoung, she's a woman with a class but was once a victim of rich society's cruelty covered by affluences, undergone and the heavy judgments of the public and was the feast of media. Just like most of the people following the rich society's rules, she was once played and had her feelings toyed, even had her true love as the greatest sacrifice. Never she wished nor wanted war yet she unknowingly fused. Yet, because she had gone through almost all, here she is now with her head up high, a brand new Chaeyoung that's influenced with Jennie's greatness, a woman with confidence to face the people.

 

She faces the people with poise. She expresses the real image of who she is, those innocent looks yet with a huge stage presence using that beauty which can be at par with any supermodels. In this interview, she radiates an elegance that only she can possess, looking as perfect as she always is. In front of all these cameras and people, she emits her better self that cannot be easily smacked down anymore, soft but firm in her standpoints not as the model Rosé everyone used to believe exists but as Park Chaeyoung who she really is.

 

"We're back and we're still here live with Rosé!" The hosts resumed after the short commercial break of their talk show.

 

The interview recommences as well and throws another question to the confident model, "I'm sure you've heard negative feedbacks and comments from netizens as well as the other personalities ever since you made a major comeback after you broke up with your fiancé years ago. But still, here you are shining bright and gaining more popularity than ever before. How do you handle these kinds of people throwing shades and trying to bring you down?"

 

"In society, if there's love then most probably there's hate and there's nothing I can do about that. Instead of focusing on the negativities, I'd rather put my time and effort building up for myself and for the people who believe and love me. There are times though that whenever I go online and check on sites, I'd see those negative comments and bashers going around. Truth to be told, I get affected but it doesn't even last a day because I know there will always be people who will be there to support me." Chaeyoung truthfully shared accurate in a smile.

 

So the amazed hosts remark, "Woah. You're really amazing Rosé. But what encourages you to move on that you have this so much positivity in you? Maybe you would like to share as well to inspire your fans and to the looking up to you."

 

Looking straight at the camera, Chaeyoung pronounces, "Whoever you are, and wherever you stand in this society, may it be the rich society or not, you should keep in mind that no one controls your life but you, yourself. You should stop living your life worrying about the expectations of others from you because by the end of the day, only you know yourself the most. Yes, it will be hard especially that we hear different comments from others all the time and yes, this will affect you. But never let it bring you down and carry the pain forever. If you make mistakes, then don't be afraid to stand up again and try again. Don't let a single failure and a single mistake define you entirely. Don't worry about the failures you've done instead you should worry about the chances you might not be able to try. Smile in this world full of hardships. It's alright to cry but never let that pain in you stay forever because if you do, you'll never know the opportunities that wait ahead of you. Never stop trying until you fulfill your dreams. Never aim for perfection but aim for progress. And I truly believe that all of us, who we are now and what we've reached so far, are products of the decisions we've made. So, keep living even if there are blocks ahead because difficult roads lead you to a beautiful destination."

 

The studio applauded her sincere remarks that brought tears to some, including her fans watching her live and her words have reached to the people in the streets and those who stay in their household. This is Chaeyoung now after all the decisions she made from the yesterdays, molded by a past she cannot change. And she is proud of it with this overflowing determination she has. The rich society brought her into this. The rich society had taught her this much. The rich society gave her so much hardships she learned this much.

 

"What inspires you then Rosé? You seem to be blooming these days especially when you guest on shows. It's like you get brighter each day." The curious host asked.

 

Chaeyoung lovingly smiles at this thought sparked into her mind and said, "Someone has been really inspiring me and really pushes me forward, always telling me not to give up and always fires me up whenever I feel so down. Maybe that's why I feel so positive because of a person that inspires me so much."

 

The show was intrigue of this revelation, ringing a bell that they all chanted in the studio. Thus, they grill the model so thrilled, "Oh it's a certain someone that inspires you. Wow, this is quite a disclosure. So after all these years someone has been supporting you. Is it your new lover? Maybe you can share that too?"

 

Chaeyoung though shakes her hands and declines chuckling, "I'm sorry but I can't tell more than that. You know, I can say this person really inspires me a lot but I cannot say too that we're already on that level to be called lovers. I enjoy the company and I feel really happy whenever we're together. I can't ask for more as of the moment. We just want to relish the present together. For now, I'm happy that this person is inspiring me and that's all I can say."

 

"I see. If it's that the case then we shouldn't try to dig in any deeper on this matter." One of the hosts laughed.

 

Hence the other concludes the show, "That's all we have for today. Thank you very much Rosé for guesting into our show despite of your busy schedules. We hope to see more from you in the future and we do hope you'll come back again with us."

 

"Thank you very much." Chaeyoung formally bowed and ended the show flawlessly.

 

Definitely, her life in the entertainment industry is no joke. The stress and the pressure are enough to pull anyone down and quit. Chaeyoung can feel it all and certainly it could have pulled her down already and gave up halfway but she isn't. This is her passion. This is what she loves and she's doing it, alongside with the support she needs the most. There are people who lift her up, one is her manager who never gave up on her believing in her talent, her group of staffs that remains unchanged over the years and of course, her inspiration.

 

"Chaeng! You have a phone call." Her manager smirked and called out her attention while they make an exit out of the studio going straight to their van parked by the back door.

 

"Who?" Chaeyoung wondered but nonetheless she got the phone to answer as she comfortably sat inside the van.

 

And from the other line speaks a jolly woman, "I watched your interview! You did great!"

 

"Jisoo-unnie!" Chaeyoung shrieked in joy. "You should have told me you're going to watch it! I thought you're busy with work!" She then protested but this grin in her lips just won't fade in happiness.

 

"If I told you I'm going to watch, I wonder if you can say things like those." Jisoo teased. “And yeah I’m at work and I’m just at the office twirling my seat. I really vacated this hour just to watch your interview.” She then said further to clear off the young ones mind.

 

Chaeyoung somehow stammered in guilt and blushing, "Ah, t-that... I just t-told the public about the truth. Is it bad? Y-you're the one who taught me just to be myself so I just did."

 

"You did great. That's one of the best interviews of you that I've heard and seen so far. I'm proud of you. Keep going, okay?" Jisoo said and cheered up the reserved woman.

 

Chaeyoung happily nodded, "Yeah unnie. Thank you for being there for me always."

 

This is the utmost needed support that Chaeyoung always looks for. Jisoo was once a stranger whom she knows by face and name before but because fate brought them together in a hopeless place, who would have thought that a simple meet up blossomed into something more than just companions. Jisoo became her happy pill that she needs to have every single day of her struggling life as a public figure. And Jisoo similarly returns the anticipations that the younger one is expecting from her.

 

“Oh by the way, do you have next schedule?” Jisoo asked.

 

Chaeyoung then checks on her time and beams, “I don’t have one but I’m going to Lisa’s graduation ceremony right away. I heard she’s going to deliver a speech so I’m off to watch her nerve-wrecking on stage. It’s about to start I think, and I have to hurry. Aren’t you invited too unnie?”

 

“Yeah but it was Jennie who invited me to attend though it was only an invitation letter. Do you really think that a bitter Lisa would invite me? Seriously, I can’t believe she still sees me as her rival despite the fact that she’s already married.” Jisoo sighed but then giggled over Lisa’s attitudes.

 

And Chaeyoung laughs along, “You’re right. Lisa really is that protective after all. You can’t blame her too.”

 

“However, I heard from Nayeon just a while ago that Jennie can’t attend it though. So I’m quite contemplating if I should still go or not. I haven’t seen Jennie for a long time too so I don’t really know yet.” Jisoo sighed hopeless.

 

“I’m sure Jennie-unnie would love to go too. It’s so unfortunate that she’s on a tight situation.” Chaeyoung frowned.

 

Hearing that disappointment from Chaeyoung through the line, Jisoo stopped from her playful acts and words as she gets serious. Chaeyoung is a cheerful woman at the same time she’s sensitive. Jisoo has learned to note all of her traits that by just hearing her voice, she knows what mood she’s having. Now, she can say she’s dejected of the fact that Jennie might be missing one of Lisa’s biggest days in her life.

 

Therefore, the bright Jisoo suggests, “Should I fetch Jennie in her office?”

 

“How about her schedules?” Chaeyoung asked in concern.

 

Jisoo positively smirks, “I don’t know but I’ll try. Nothing will lose if I try, right? You might not know, love will make a miracle.”

 

“You really are positive unnie.” Chaeyoung sniggered. “Okay then, I’ll see you at the university.”

 

Graduation Ceremony, this is the day everyone has been waiting for, the special day for students that are about to make an exit and mingle with the real world out of their university’s barricades and out from adults’ supervisions. They are about to take a huge step forward to the society as they are yet to expand more of their knowledges and face harder challenges ahead. This is the day when life starts to face brand new hardships, hence, a mixture of emotions, their happiness, anxiety and tension.

 

In this university filled with students, the proud parents and guardians, the media settled orderly in one place, teachers and professors who are about to witness their dear students’ exit, here the graduation shall commence. Everyone is filled with joy and excitement, but nervousness lingers them too, especially for the proud parents who are about to witness their child’s biggest achievement so far.

 

Because this is the rich society, the ceremony is only exclusive for the rich people invited to take part and witness the program. Because this is rich society, only media and press from the well-known companies are allowed to cover this day and placed properly in the venue hall. Because this is rich society, as expected, the venue hall is decorated extravagantly with all the flower wreaths and red curtains designed on stage, the seats for the graduates clothed in white and for the proud parents in black.  Because this is rich society and only decent rich people are around, no one fears of their identity and no one needs to cover up. All are proud. All are here to share smiles. All are here to commemorate a day for a success.

 

“Sorry! I’m late!”

 

One of these graduates is of course, the never changing Lalisa Manoban running her way towards her couple of friends on the wait, her proud parents together with Jennie’s parents, but missing the person who is supposed to be here at this very moment to witness this day with her. In her black toga she wears, in her long hair tidy hair she sports and that decency she flashes, definitely, no doubt, this is the Lisa that was formed by the rich society.

 

“As always, you run late for almost everything until your graduation day. Never be like this again after this day, you heard me? You’re about to start a new life. Don’t slack off. You’re not a student anymore after this. You’re going to be Jennie’s lifetime business partner. It’s going to be tough but hang on, okay? I always have your back you stupid.” Minzy advised as Lisa panted in front of them.

 

Lisa whines but smiling, “Geez! I won’t be late anymore! I’ll do my best not to fail Jennie!”

 

Bam hands over her cap saying emotional “Look at you Lisa. You look so different. Don’t get me wrong. That’s a compliment, okay? I’m just saying that you’re not that defiant unruly heir anymore. Looking at you like this, graduating and about to start another challenge, it’s so impossible for me to picture you’re once that rebellious kid who only knows nothing but dancing. Now, I can say you’re a fully grown woman. Good luck out there.”

 

Lisa playfully punched her sobbing friend by the belly and only laughs off, “Why are you crying? It’s not like this is the last time we’re going to meet each other! I’ll always be the same, okay? I’ll still dance, I’m still that friend you can depend on when you need something and it will never change.”

 

And lastly, coming forward to pin her graduation button is the person she looks up to, the man she leaned on in her darkest times and the man who stepped up as her family, her brother when no one dared to be with her, Taeyang. “It’s about time, Lisa…” He hissed, holding back his tears as much as he can just to show off his cool side to her.

 

Lisa breathes looking up at him, “You’re right oppa. Finally, I did it. I made it. Thank you for being always there for me too. You know it right? Should I still say everything that I’m thankful of? We might take forever if I do.”

 

Taeyang gently pulls Lisa for his bear hug and rustles, “Once you go out there, it will never be the same anymore and I know you’re aware of it. You’re going to face the real rich society. You’re going out there to match the powerful. You’re going heads on with the opponents. It’s not going to be a child’s play anymore. It’s going to be a real war. Even so, if you feel so down and hopeless, know that we’re always here for you. Our doors are always open. You can come to us anytime and we’ll just be here.”

 

Lisa returns the same bear hug and expresses, “Thank you oppa. You might be deaf already hearing me saying thank you all the time but I won’t get tired. But there’s nothing I have to worry too much and I’m sure I’ll get over whatever the rich society will throw to me. I have you, Minzy and Bam, the dance crew, my other friends out there, our parents and of course most importantly, Jennie. If I have all of you I’m certain that I’ll just be fine. So, please stay with me forever too.”

 

This is the love that Lisa formed over the years, from the past to the present that they have been sticking together. This is the group of friends she never gave up on and these are the people who believed in her, whatever and whoever she has become. Lisa has them and because she has them, she strived hard up until to this point she has to face a whole new world.

 

“Hi Lisa!” Approaching is Seung-hyun smiling at her and as soon as he stepped close to her, he greets, “Congratulations. You’re finally graduating!”

 

“Oppa! I didn’t know you’ll come too! I thought you’ll only come later for the party!” Lisa chortled.

 

Seung-hyun excuses and notes, “I know someone who’s going to graduate too so I decided to drop by to congratulate you as well but I don’t seem to see Jennie with you.”

 

“Ah… Jennie can’t come. She has work and you know rich society… It’s quite impossible to escape out of her meetings and ditch it for me. But it’s alright. I understand those things now.” Lisa said so bitter it’s so obvious in her tone.

 

Seung-hyun however teases, “Are you sure? Why are you tearing up then?”

 

“I’m not!” Lisa roared yet chuckled in a little while.

 

“Your parents are waiting for you in the line. You should go now. I’ll just see you later.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter