I Miss You So

Please Come Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lina opened her eyes to see that the nightmare of yesterday was actually a reality. She sighed as her eyes scanned over Yoongi's injured body. She looked towards the door where she just barely could see the side of two men. That must be Jimin and Yugyeom, Lina thought as she sat up. She lightly walked towards the door but stopped short when she heard an unfamiliar voice that sounded distant. She wanted to just listen for a moment. 

"I'm sorry, Jackson, you can't go in there," Yugyeom said firmly.

"But why not? I don't understand," Jackson said in confusion.

"You are a suspect of Yoongi's attempted murder, that's why," Jimin answered, "So just go now."

Jackson let out a sigh, "I just don't get why you guys don't trust me anymore."

"We have reasons so just leave now, Jackson," Yugyeom sternly commanded.

Lina went closer to the doorway. She peeked out. "Jimin," Lina said.

Jimin turned to her, "Oh you're up."

"Can I talk to Jackson for a moment before he leaves?" Lina asked meekly.

"Uh I don't know why you would want to but I guess you can. I mean, he wouldn't want to kill you."

Yugyeom looked Lina up and down, trying to read her intentions. "I guess it's fine if you want to on your own."

"I do. I will be fine. Thanks," Lina ran after Jackson's back as he was about to take a corner. I wonder where he's going.. isn't that a specialty wing? "Excuse me! Jackson!"

Jackson stopped and spun around. When he saw her, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Can I help you?"

"Um yes. Sorry, you probably don't know me. I'm Lina, Min Lina. I am Yoongi's wife," Lina bowed her head slightly to greet him.

"Oh. You're Yoongi's wife. Then why are you here? Don't you suspect me of trying to kill Yoongi too?" Jackson cocked his head to the side.

"I think they jumped to conclusions far too quickly. They didn't even ask you about it. I think you deserve a chance," Lina smiled gently at him.

"Well I appreciate that," Jackson looked down and smiled gladly.

"Then would you like to sit down somewhere, maybe get something to drink, and talk?" Lina offered.

Jackson looked down the hall he had been about to turn down and then turned back to her with a small smile, "Okay sure. Got any place in mind?"

"Well there's a cafe right outside the hospital. Is that good with you?" Lina suggested.

"Sure! Let's go," Jackson smiled and they both headed out towards the cafe. As they left, Lina quickly glanced up at the sign that told her what hallway he was about to go down.

When they arrived, they ordered and found a place to sit with their hot drinks. Lina was curious about why he was going to go down the cancer wing of the hospital. She looked at him carefully. He looks very healthy himself so he must have been going to see someone in there...

Jackson noticed her odd look and spoke up, "Um is there something you're wondering about?"

"Oh well uh no not right now. Maybe I'll ask you about it later but that would be off topic," Lina looked away in slight embarrassment. "So do you know why they are suspecting you in the first place?"

Jackson looked at her sadly and shook his head. "No. I have no idea honestly. I've always been loyal though so I don't understand why they would think I would turn my back on Yoongi after all he's done for me."

"All he's done for you?" Lina asked, hoping for some clarification.

"Well he has... helped me a lot in my situation. Anyway, why do they suspect me?"

"They are suspecting you to be dirty. They think you are working for the Wolves."

"What?! They think I'm working for the Wolves?! Why?" Jackson asked in astonishment.

"Well because they say you are always 'busy' and that you leave to go home early a lot," Lina informed.

Jackson rubbed his hands over his face and shook his head, "So they think I've been working with them? Just because I have to leave early and I actually am busy? You know, Yoongi had been trying to find the traitor. He had had a hunch that one of our members was dirty. I just never thought that I would be a suspect."

Lina softened, "What is it, if you don't mind me asking, that you are always busy with?"

Jackson wouldn't look at her, "I have a side job."

"Oh," Lina was confused, "What do you have a side job for?"

"My wife. She... she has cancer. I need to pay for all of her treatments," Jackson bit his lip to keep from getting upset.

"Oh Jackson, why didn't you just tell them? They are understanding people."

"They don't need to know. I don't want to burden them with the worry," Jackson admitted. "But now, if I told them the truth, they wouldn't believe me. They would just think I was making up an excuse."

"I will believe you, Jackson."

"Will?"

"I really want to trust you and believe you but I need proof. Is there any chance that I can meet your wife?" Lina said carefully.

Jackson sipped his drink slowly, thinking. "Okay. I think she might like to meet someone new. Specifically someone who has similar struggles as she does with her husband."

"I'd be happy to talk to her about her situation with you. I just need to know that you really have a wife that has cancer and needs treatment. Then, I will back you up with Jimin and Yugyeom."

"Okay, come on, I'll take you to meet her," Jackson stood up and led the way back to the hospital and down the cancer hallway.

Lina was feeling cautious the whole time as they went to the room. When they finally arrived at her room, Lina had to take a deep breath before following Jackson inside the room. Once she had entered, her eyes set on a beautiful lady with a knitted hat over her head and a pretty necklace hanging around her neck. Lina bowed to her, "Hello, I'm Lina."

"Boyoung, this is Min Yoongi's wife. Do you remember him?" Jackson asked gently as he grabbed her hand.

"Yes of course I remember him, he helped you," her voice was weak but pretty.

"It's nice to meet you, Boyoung-ah. I wondered if you would like to talk with me for a bit?" Lina said slowly.

"Sure, you seem just as kind as your husband," Boyoung smiled.

Jackson looked down at his phone and quickly let go of Boyoung's hand and stood up. "I need to get to work. Please treat each other well. And thank you, Lina. Thank you for giving me a chance," he grinned with gratitude towards Lina and then dashed out the door after kissing Boyoung on the forehead.

Lina smiled at Boyoung, "He seems so kind to you."

"He is. He's a great guy just... as a husband, he is gone a lot. I don't really mind much, it's just, sometimes I'll get lonely. You must understand, right?"

"Yes I know exactly what you mean. My Yoongi is gone a lot too."

"Did you come here without him?" Boyoung asked innocently.

"Well sort of. He's actually here in the hospital... as a patient," Lina revealed.

Boyoung's mouth dropped open. "Oh my, I didn't know."

"It's fine, it's pretty recent. I just am trying to figure out a few things and hopefully I'll be able to talk to him again soon. It's a weird kind of lonely that I have. I sit with him in his hospital room, I hold his hand, I talk to him, but he's just not really there. His body is there. But I can't feel his normal presence."

Boyoung looked down, "I don't know what I would do if my Jackson was in the hospital. You're so strong."

Lina smiled sadly. "I hope you never have to figure that out," Lina looked at her hands. "Anyway, would you mind talking a bit about how Jackson and Yoongi know each other?"

Boyoung nodded, "Sure, what would you like to know about it?"

"I'm curious to know how my Yoongi helped your Jackson."

"Oh sure. Well Jackson was in a jam. He wanted to go home to watch after me and our son, Hyungtae. But he had already committed to going to an item dealing. So Yoongi asked no questions about why he needed to go home but he told Jackson to just go and he would take his place," Boyoung explained.

"So Yoongi helped him out that one time?"

"Well similar things happened quite a few times. Yoongi was always covering for him. I really appreciate that. In fact, one time, Yoongi even went over to our house to watch Hyungtae while Jackson came to be with me."

"Ah I see. Then Yoongi must really trust Jackson."

"I guess so," Boyoung nodded.

"Thank you. Now I know what I have to do. Listen, Bo, if you ever need someone to talk to, you can always call me. Here, I'll give you my number," Lina quickly entered her phone number in on Boyoung's phone and looked at her for a good moment. "I'm sorry that I'm leaving so quickly but it's just, I need to clear something up. I'll come visit you some time, all right?"

Boyoung smiled, "Thank you. I appreciate you talking with me and helping my husband. I'll text you," she waved at Lina as she left.

Lina hurried back to Yoongi's room. Jimin was talking to someone she didn't know while Yugyeom stood in front of the door. "Yugyeom," Lina called.

"Oh, Lina, you're back," Yugyeom moved to the side so she could get in but Lina stopped him.

"Yugyeom, who is that?" she asked, pointing at the man that Jimin was talking to.

"Oh that's Hoseok."

"Why is he here?"

"He's back to visit Yoongi."

"Wait, back?"

"Yeah he was here yesterday."

"He was one of the gang members to come here yesterday like when Jackson did?"

"He came after Jackson actually. Why?"

"Shouldn't we be suspicious of him?"

"Um I guess so.."

"You guess so? You only want to accuse one person because it's convenient?!"

"Uh well I don't know."

"Well let me tell you-" Lina began angrily but was cut off by a sweet voice.

"Mommy?"

Lina whipped her head towards the doorframe. "Jihye, baby. When did you get here?" Lina crouched down and held her arms open.

Jihye ran into Lina's arms and Lina hugged her tightly. "Aunt Mini brought me here."

"Is she in there with you?" Lina asked.

Jihye nodded, "Come on, mommy. Daddy is waiting for you."

"What?" Waiting for me? Lina's heart raced.

When Lina went inside, she saw Minjee sitting next to Yoongi's bed with Taehyung by her side. And Yoongi was still just lying there limply.

"Mommy, come here," Jihye pulled Lina over to Yoongi's bed. "Daddy, Mommy is here now. Can you see her?"

Lina smiled softly, "Jihye, did you already greet him?"

Jihye nodded. "He knows that I'm here. Look, I even let him hold Suga," Jihye pointed to her teddy bear gently resting on Yoongi's arm.

"That's very nice of you," Lina smiled, Jihye's hair.

Jimin came to the door, "Lina is it all right if Hoseok comes in?"

Lina tensed up, "No."

Taehyung looked at her in confusion. "Lina, is everything okay?"

Lina turned to face him. "I don't want that man any where near my husband until he is awake and well," she said firmly.

Jimin and Taehyung were in some kind of shock. They were surprised that Lina was acting so angrily towards Hoseok when they thought that Jackson should be watched.

Minjee looked around at the faces and then at Lina, "Lina, do you... want to talk about this?"

Lina thought and then nodded, "Let's go outside."

Lina and Minjee left the room together, passing the confused Yugyeom and Jimin. They went over to a bench in the hallway and sat down. Then, Lina spilled everything. She told her friend about the concern of Hoseok and the different view of Jackson and about Boyoung. Minjee stayed quiet the whole time and the once Lina was finished, Minjee looked into the distance and said, "Do you think that you're in any danger? I'm worried that you and Jihye could get into some sort of trouble is we don't allow Hoseok to get to Yoongi."

"I could never let him get to Yoongi!" Lina said defensively.

"I know, I know. That's why I'm worried for you and Jihye."

Lina just silently shook her head. "Oh, by the way, where is Joon?"

"Oh he is with our neighbor's wife. She is very sweet. She said she always wanted kids with her love but things never worked out."

"Huh is her husband or herself infertile?"

"She could be unable to have children. I mean, her voice is so rough and she is always wearing a mask and her bangs cover her eyes. But you know, come to think of it, I've never seen the man before..." Minjee said, thinking about her neighbors.

"Really? That's odd."

"Yeah but I guess he just has a job that keeps him out a lot. I mean, your husband is out a lot so she could very well have a husband with a job of such too."

Please log in to read the full chapter