Where'd You Go

Please Come Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hot air brushed on Lina's face. She slowly opened her eyes and peered in front of her. There on her bed was her sleeping daughter's face. Lina smiled and gently swept Jihye's baby hairs off of her cute face. As she gazed lovingly at her daughter's face, she sighed. Yoongi was never around anymore. Lina knew she should have expected this having married a prestigious gang member. But before they had married, Yoongi had promised her that he would be around a lot and that he would take care of Jihye, their three year old daughter. Jihye couldn't understand why daddy was never home or why sometimes mommy would cry herself to sleep.

Lina frowned and to her back. As she stared up at the ceiling, she wondered what Yoongi had been up to all this time. It had been a few weeks since she had seen him last. The last time he was gone this long, he was in a ditch somewhere. Lina worried. She knew he could take care of himself and if he couldn't, Jungkook would. Jungkook was his best friend and partner in crime.

"I shouldn't have married someone who would always be in harm's way," Lina murmured, causing Jihye to stir.

"Mommy?"

Lina looked over at her now awake child. "Yes baby?" She pulled Jihye into her arms and her hair gently.

"I dream that daddy died," Jihye began to sob.

"Oh Jihye, don't cry. It's just a dream, daddy's not dead, he's fine," Lina rubbed Jihye's back soothingly. Though she told her it was just a dream, sometimes Jihye's dreams were premonitions. And Lina had now worried that Yoongi had been gone for too long.

"Mommy," Jihye suddenly looked up at her, "Is daddy come home soon?"

Lina abruptly felt like crying but she gulped it down to stay strong for her young daughter, "I don't know baby, I sure hope so." Lina held Jihye closer.

Jihye's sniffles stopped and soon she was back to sleep in Lina's arms. When Lina saw that Jihye was asleep, she allowed a soft tear to run down her cheek. You will come back to us, right? Lina thought.

Her body finally relaxed and she was able to fall asleep with her daughter.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Lina woke up to a smack on the forehead. She jolted up in surprise when she saw Jihye, "What is it?"

"Mommy, mommy," Jihye shifted back and forth on her feet quickly.

"What? What is it?" Lina asked in worry as she watched her daughter look at her with urgency. Then she noticed her phone in Jihye's hand. "Jihye, is someone calling?"

"Mommy it's uncle Kook!" Jihye shouted as she shoved the phone at Lina's face.

Lina flinched but took the phone. She looked down at the screen and realized that Jihye had already answered it. Lina stared at the caller ID in dread. Uncle Kook meant Jungkook. And when Jungkook called, the only thing Lina could think was Emergency. "H-hello?"

"Lina?" Jungkook asked.

"Mhm," Lina confirmed.

"Can Jihye hear me?"

"No," Lina said while looking at Jihye's innocent face.

"Okay, good. I'll tell you then," Jungkook paused, making Lina breathe in ruggedly. "Yoongi... he's in the hospital. I got separated from him and this is all my fault," Jungkook's voice quivered.

Lina felt faint. "N-no, Jungkook, I'm sure none of this is your fault. Just tell me which hospital and how bad it is," Lina said, putting on a brave face.

Jungkook mentioned the name of the hospital but failed to tell her how bad it was this time.

"Jungkook," Lina said wearily, "How bad is it?"

"I... Lina, I don't want to talk about it."

"Jungkook, I need to know if I should- hold on," Lina pulled the phone away from her face and covered the mouthpiece of the phone, "Jihye, why don't you go watch some Pororo?" Lina smiled slightly at her daughter and watched as she nodded and skipped off to the other room. Once Jihye was out of view, Lina put the phone back up to her face, "Jungkook, I need to know if I can take Jihye to the hospital or if I should have her go to Minjee's house."

Jungkook was silent for a moment and then he spoke up, "I think Jihye should go to Minjee's house."

His answer made Lina's heart drop. I guess it's that bad. Lina thought in worry. "Okay I'll drop her off at Mini's house and then come straight over. Is that good?"

Jungkook was quiet again and then he said, "Lina, I should tell you to prepare yourself this time. It might be hard to see him like this."

Lina's face fell. "Is it... is it really that bad?"

Jungkook sighed, "Just be ready, he's pretty beaten," Jungkook said reluctantly.

"Okay, bye Jungkook," Lina hung up with him and then called her best friend, Minjee - also known as Mini. Minjee also had a kid; he was a four year old boy named Joon.

"Hey Lina! What's up?" Minjee's bubbly voice lifted Lina's spirits just a tad.

"Can I ask you for a favor?" Lina asked.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you watch Jihye for an hour or two?"

"Of course... is something wrong?" Minjee asked in concern.

Lina gulped, "It's-it's Yoongi," she said shakily.

"Oh no. Is he back in the hospital?" Minjee knew about the last time he was in the hospital after disappearing for weeks. Mini's husband was in the same gang as Yoongi but he quit when Joon was born.

Lina's tears threatened to fall, "Mhm.. Mini," Lina cried, "What do I do?" Sobs began to leave . "What happens if he dies? What will I do?"

Minjee frowned sadly at her friend's despair. "Don't think negatively like that. He'll get through this, he's done it before, I have faith in him," Minjee reassured.

"Yeah I.. I just need to stay positive for now," Lina swallowed hard. "I'll bring Jihye over, thank you," Lina hung up and went to find Jihye.

Jihye was sitting in front of the TV, watching Pororo and drawing a picture. When she heard footsteps, she turned her head to look at her mom. "Mommy!" Jihye's eyes lit up. "Look at my drawing!" She held up her drawing of Pororo holding hands with she and Lina and a male.

"Oh this is lovely!" Lina smiled. "Is this daddy?" She asked, pointing to the male.

Jihye shook her head, "It's uncle Kook!" Jihye grinned proudly.

"Oh that's nice!" Lina grinned back at her happy daughter. "Jihye, why don't you get a bag and you can put some paper and markers into it. We're going to aunt Minjee's!" Lina tried to say with enthusiasm.

"Aunt Mini's!? Yaaay!" Jihye cheered and jumped up, rushing to find a bag in her room.

Lina sighed. Yoongi you'll hold on and fight, won't you?

"Mommy!" Jihye came running back into the room. "Can I bring Suga?" She asked, holding her sleepy faced teddy bear. She had named it sugar originally because that's what Yoongi would call her and he had given the bear to her. But she couldn't pronounce the 'r' so it became 'suga'.

"Of course you may," Lina weakly smiled. Once Jihye had packed her various activities, Lina ruffled her hair, "Ready to go?"

Jihye nodded happily and they filed into the car. Lina drove to Minjee's house. When they arrived, Joon ran out to fetch Jihye and with only a short goodbye, Jihye ran off with him. Minjee came out to the car and immediately wrapped her arms around Lina.

"It's going to be okay, don't lose hope. Don't worry about Jihye, I'll take care of her, so take as much time as you need," Mini gave a small smile and then left to find the kids.

Lina drove to the hospital in a daze. She couldn't stop thinking the worst. All she could imagine was Yoongi laying on the hospital bed, bloody and mangled, barely hanging on. Yoongi, hang in there, I'll be there soon. Lina pulled up to the hospital that Jungkook had told her that her husband was in. Once she had parked, she sat in her car for a moment. She had to take a few deep breaths and gather herself. Just calm down. This is no time to panic. He needs you right now. Lina finally got out of the car and entered the hospital. She went to the front desk where a nice looking lady smiled at her and asked how she could help her. "I'm here to visit Min Yoongi," Lina sputtered out.

"And your name?" The lady still was smiling as she typed something up on the computer in front of her.

"Min Lina," Lina answered, swallowing minimal saliva down her dry throat.

"What is your relation with the patient?"

"I'm his wife."

"Ah I see," the lady finished typing, wrote something quickly on a piece of paper, and then looked back up at Lina. She slid Lina the paper, "He'll be in this room. Please try to stay quiet because other patients may be sleeping."

Lina grabbed the paper, thanked the lady, and hurried off to find the room written on the small piece of paper. Lina's footsteps got heavier as she approached the room. She held her breath when she was outside the room that her beloved husband was residing in. Yoongi... Lina gulped and slowly entered the room. A humidifier filled the air with moisture. The lights were slightly dimmed and there was the monotonous beeping of his heart monitor. As she peered into the room, her eyes set on the seemingly lifeless body of her precious Yoongi. Her devastated gasp filled the room, causing Jungkook to glance towards the door.

"Lina," Jungkook stood up from the chair by Yoongi's bed.

"J-Jungkook, what happened to him?" Lina whispered, letting her tears fall down her face. She scanned Yoongi's body as she neared his bed. His face was an array of colors. Angry red covered his left cheek and dark purple enveloped the right side of his nose and under eye. There was a long, jagged line on his right temple that ran down to his cheek bone. The line was stitched up and slightly puffy. As she examined his body more, she noticed the sling holding his left arm and the bulky cast enclosing his right leg. "He's... he's broken."

"Lina, he- he just disappeared and I couldn't- I-" Regretful tears ran down Jungkook's tired face.

Lina moved towards Jungkook, "Jungkook, tell me what happened."

Jungkook covered his face with his hands and then ran them through his hair. "We were out to meet a gun dealer at around 1 AM last week. It was just Yoongi and I. We were almost to the spot where we were designated to meet the dealer when we were attacked from behind. Yoongi had asked if I heard something. He kept telling me he had a weird feeling but I was high so nothing really was clear to me. Suddenly there was a bang and the next thing I know, I'm on the ground. I woke up on the side of the road. I had a gash on my temple, same as his, and had a horrible headache. But when I looked around me, Yoongi was no where to be found. I called him and I called our boss. Nobody had heard from him and nobody could get ahold of him. I searched for him for days. But he was no where to be seen. And then last night, he just turned up at our headquarters. He was really banged up and unconscious."

"Did the people that took him keep him hidden with them?" Lina asked, searching Jungkook's face for some sort of answer.

Jungkook paused, not wanting to answer. "I'm pretty sure they kept him to torture him. I believe they wanted to get something out of him. Seeing the state he's in and knowing how loyal he is, I don't think he cracked. But I don't think they would have just let him got so he might have spilled just enough to get released."

Lina glanced towards Yoongi. "W-what are his injuries?"

Jungkook walked a few steps to be closer to Yoongi's bed. "He has a broken nose and possibly a fractured cheek bone. His tibia bone is broken and his elbow is broken as well as his clavicle. He might have a back problem, there was a lot of bruising on his back. He has a concussion, probably a pretty bad one. And his eardrum appears to have burst."

Lina stayed silent for a little while. She felt like the air had been out of her lungs. Her chest felt so empty and yet it felt heavy in the spot where her heart rested, throbbing in pain. She sat in the chair by Yoongi's bed on the opposite side from Jungkook. "H-has he woke

Please log in to read the full chapter