Chapter 2

Spontaneously
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost ten in the evening when Yuta arrived at the food shop.
 

The ramen shop is not as crowded as it usually is, probably because of the time, but there’s still some people eating inside. Yuta finds his way in and sits on the bench in front of the open kitchen where he can see the owner and the staffs of the shop preparing orders.


The shop smells like soy sauce broth and sake, he notices. He ponders for a second, thinking whether he should order some sake or not. After thinking of how many bad scenarios that would happen if he went home even a little tipsy, he decides against it and order himself a bowl of miso ramen.


So how did he end up being here in the first place? Why, of course it’s because of his beloved sisters.


Yuta loves his sisters, truly. But isn’t ordering him to buy them their night craving from a certain ramen shop that’s like three stations away a little bit too much? He knew the place is famous for their really good quality ramen, he’s been here before and it is that good. But still, it’s far. Not really an ideal option for an emergency midnight snack.


The holiday he has been dreaming of just lazying around the house is now shattered thanks to his dear sisters. Again, he loves them to bits but damn he just wants to be a lazy unproductive lad for his whole holiday before coming back to his hectic schedule with no sleep.


He hasn’t even begin on how much his older sister has been torturing him to learn Korean—which is useless by the way, he had told her. But she oh so gracefully answer him with a speech that there’s no such thing as useless knowledge, especially foreign language. Yuta didn’t listen to it because he knew the real reason she taught him Korean was so she can practice her Korean on him. Well, Yuta did get pretty good at it thanks to his sister. He still thinks it’s useless though.
 

Or not.


Because he swears he has heard someone talking Korean. More like yell, actually, but it doesn’t sound as loud. Probably it’s from another guest inside? Whatever that is, sounds like they got drunk. Yuta couldn’t careless, really. He doesn’t like to meddle with other people’s business and vice versa—but he has to admit he is kind of curious. Or maybe his older sister starts to get into his mind and he’s now attracted to Korean things—drunkard, in his case— but he’s not Nakamoto Yuta if he thought about his decisions through, so he just keep going.


“Hey, sir, can I go inside for a second? I’ll be back.” He said to the owner of the shop.


The man just nods while preparing for the food orders. Yuta isn’t sure if he heard him, but he takes it that the man has given him permission.


And so Yuta let himself in.


.


Inside the shop, there are booths for the guests. There are a lot of booths on his right and left, but only some of it has people in. There are also some waiters walking by, both taking orders and serving food. No one pays attention to Yuta when he came in—either too busy eating or already too drunk to care, or both, really.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter