The Stuffy Fight

WANTED: Mr. CEO's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  2:  T H E  S T U F F Y  F I G H T

It was quarter to 12 noon and still, some students are gathered to the university library to do some of their school work and study their upcoming lessons. Others are just stay there to chat with their friends or classmates, or for the free Wifi service.

“YOU ALMOST GOT EVICTED?!”

Almost all of the people around that area looked at the group of three female college students. One of them, who seems to be the culprit, covered while she apologetically bowed. One of the two remaining females also gave an apologetic smile and bowed, and as of the other just rolled her eyes and continue organizing the books from its respective shelves. Some of the people gestured the ‘shush’ sign and glared at them while the others returned to their respective duties, as if the commotion never happened.

The said group was having a silent conversation in regards to the previous events that happened to Lee Ji-euns’ family a while ago. It was only the two of them having the conversation, Ji-eun and her bestfriend Park Shin Hye, not realizing that the other bestfriend of theirs’ Kim Go-eun was already behind them. Somehow, Go-eun heard and interpret on her own understand on the part that she heard to cause that kind of outburst.

Knowing Go-eun, if she is not properly informed or been told from the very beginning, she will like to have a very wild imagination that can lead to misunderstanding.

Ji-eun paused her tasked and glared at the culprit, “Do you really have to shout?” she hissed.

The culprit, Go-eun, let go of her covered mouth and grinned sheepishly, “Hehe sorry”

Shin Hye chuckled, “As if we never get used to her outburst, IU.”

“We’re in the library, Shin. Good thing Ma’am Wang is not here or else the three of us are trouble.”

Aside from being one of the students who passed the entrance exam in the university, she also received a full scholarship due to her outstanding performance in her academics from her previous school. Although people claimed that Ji-eun is a genius, she wasn’t. She was just an average learner and very studious person. One of the benefits of the scholarship is she was given the privilege to not pay her tuition fee and miscellaneous in whole amount, but there was a catch. In return, she has to be a working student in the university. Being a working student, her responsibility is to assist the office staffs that were assigned to her. Currently, she was assigned to assist the very strict old maiden librarian, Miss Wang Min Su.

Miss Wang, which the elder prefer to be called ‘Ma’am’, is one of the most feared staff here in the campus. She is very strict in regards to rules, cleanliness and of course, book organizing. Since Ji-eun experience beforehand of the old librarians’ hot temper, she was very cautions towards her duties. It was unlucky for her to be assigned to her in the last year of her college.

Go-eun scoffed, “Chill, I. She’ll never know or sense it. Unless she’s’ like the librarian in the Monster University movie, then we’re really in deep trouble.”

The three of them softly giggled while they compare their strict librarian from the hideous character in the movie.

“But come to think of it, they do have similarities...” Go-eun added, “…The color of her hair, the eyeglasses, the taste of her dress, the-“

“Go-eun!” Shin Hye hissed

“Come on Shin, you know I’m right.”

“That’s enough, Go-eun. You are already disrespecting the elder.”

Go-eun huffed, “Ever the good girl.” She mumbled.

Shin Hye looked at her busy friend, “IU~”

“I’m busy here Shin…” Ji-eun said, her gaze at the book shelf, “…but she is right, they do have uncanny similarities.”

“Not you too!”

“SHHHHH!!!”

“Somebody is trying to get some study here!”

Shin Hye turned to the reprimanding voice and gave an apologetic bow and turned back to her friends while they tried to ease their laughter but failed. She frowned and whispered, “I hate you both”

“We love you too.” Both of her friends said in unison while giving her a goofy smile.

It was then they heard the school bell ringing, signaling that it is time for lunch.

“Just a few more of these and we’re good to go.” Ji-eun told them as she gather the last pile of books that was beside her feet.

“Here, let me help you.” Shin Hye reached from the piled books in Ji-euns’ arms and start to arrange.

“I though you hate her?” Go-eun teased.

Shin Hye rolled her eyes, “Lucky for the both of you, I’m hungry. The better I help, the faster we can get to the cafeteria.”

~*~

“Oh, so that’s what you mean by evicted.” Go-eun said and slurped her chocolate milk shake. After that she smiled sheepishly, “…Sorry, when I heard the phrase ‘I got evicted’, I thought that you were somewhat thrown away by your own family.”

The group of friends were now in the school cafeteria, now enjoying their lunch as they explain the situation to their clueless friend. Ji-eun sighed and smiled while Shin Hye snorted and mumbled, “I can’t believe you…”

Go-eun ignore her latter friend and looked at Ji-eun with concern, “So, How are you and your family now, IU? You know that if you need any-“

“Stop right there Go…” Ji-eun interrupted, “…I know that you came from a rich family and a type of friend that is willing to help, which is very touching, but you know very much that I can’t afford to ask your help. I don’t want you thinking that I’m just using you because you have money.”

“Which is you’re not…” Go-eun smiled with weary in her eyes, “…But IU, being your friend and hearing you every time that you complaining about your expenses and your father makes me want to help you more.”

“And that's my que to say ‘Thanks, but no thanks.’”

Go-eun and Shin Hye let go a huge exhale. It wasn’t their first time talking in regards to lend their help to their best friend, but Ji-eun can be hard as a rock. They knew that she is a strong, reliable, responsible and independent, but not all the time that she can do those things. She is just a human and like what they say, ‘No man is an Island’.

“And besides…” Ji-eun added, “…we’re ok now. We’re still living in the apartment complex. This morning, I was able to pay our due rent so, there’s no to worry.” She gave them reassuring smile.

“Then what about the debt?” Shine Hye asked.

“Oh that’s ok. Both me and my brother will figure something out. I even thought of looking for a job from any vacancy in some of the  companies somewhere. Hopefully though. You guys no need to worry.”

Who woudn’t? Go-eun and Shin Hye thought.

“What about this---wait there I’m not finished--- I’ll ask my father if there is a vacancy in our company. If there is---hold your horses---you have to prepare your application letter and credentials. How’s that sounds?” Go-eun suggested.

Ji-eun thought for a moment and stares at her friend, “No special treatments?

“Hmmm, there might be since we’re friends, bu-“

“Then it’s a no.”

“IU~!!!”

“No means no.”

Go-eun huffed and looked at the silent friend of theirs, as if asking for help.

Shin Hye shrugged, “You know already Go. If IU says ‘no’, then there is nothing can change her mind.”

Go-eun looked at her stubborn friend, “Not even for a full month supply of Yams?” She bargain.

Ji-eun sarcastically smiled, “Tempting, but no.”

“2 months?”

“Nope”

“5 months?”

“Not even close”

“8 months?”

“Na-a”

“1 y-“

“Give it up already.” Shin Hye rolled her eyes, “Even you give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter