Tough life

WANTED: Mr. CEO's Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R 1:  T O U G H   L I F E

“Excuse me noona, I would like to order two servings of Chicken Curry, extra spicy.”

“Noona, I would also like to have one glass of milk shake.”

“Oh, no-“

“Please one at a time, children. The enemy is weak and I appreciate it if you have a little bit of patience.” Lee Ji-eun said as she writes down the list of their orders. She stares at the boy and give him an apologetic smile, “And what about you?”

“I would like to have your saver meal number 5 and instead of pineapple juice, I would like to have chocolate shake, please noona.”

After writing it down, she looks at the group of junior high school students. “Ok then. I’ll be returning for 20 minutes with your orders.”

She left the table and went to the small window that shows the view of the working cooks, “Mr. Han, we have another list of orders.”

Mr. Han Xiao, the owner of the restaurant, glanced at her as he keeps on stirring at the boiling pot, “Ok, just leave it there and let my wife handle it. I’m not done yet with this stew.”

“Araso.”Ji-eun said and proceed in making the milk and chocolate shake from the Drink Machine. She closed her eyes for a moment and let out a big yawned that was covered by her hand. This is going to be a long day.

Lee Ji-eun a.k.a IU by her friends, was indeed tired and would love to lie down on her bed instead of working another 1 hour shift, but she can’t. She has a lot of responsibilities that she needs to be done. Paying her and half of her brothers’ school tuition fees, paying the bills at home, expenses for the groceries and of course, debts.

Piles and piles of debts.

She sighed.

It was a never ending cycle of debts.

And her father is at fault in this.

Her father has a ‘disease’ of keeping away from his gambling vices. Usually, their yearly debts were limited to three to four digits and be able to fully pay it by the beginning of the year, but this time it’s worse. She and her younger brother recently discover this year that her father was in debt to his employer. The debt was due to her fathers’ negligence of not returning the remaining cash from buying the materials for their construction.

This time, from three it turns to five digits.

It’s a good thing that his employer didn’t fired him and a very considerate man. Instead, he was given a second chance due to his good skills with a prospect that he will never hold or handle any cash related activities. Despite with his vices, it doesn’t stop him from being a good father and somewhat a mother to them since their mother died from a car accident, 6 years ago.

This year (and like those other years) her father promise them that he’ll stop his gamble addiction and this time, he’s serious. Both she and her younger brother had doubts about this, but miraculously, her father was able to return with his exact amount of his salary three times. Despite that, they still keep on eye and hearing of any unknown debts. If there is, they are hoping it won’t lead to a huge increase from the current one.

Thinking about those things gives her a headache and a sudden urge to scream her frustrations at this very moment, but control herself. Never should she lose her cool at this very moment or else she will be in deep trouble.

As she was serving the orders of the previous customers, she heard the chiming sound from the entrance. She was about to greet, as usual but stop when she saw her little brother. Lee Da-Reum, was still in his school uniform and sling bag, but what sparks her worry is that her brother was trying to catch his breath. With that, it catches the attention of the customers and Mrs. Han Roxie.

Ji-eun approached him with a frown on her face, “Da-Reum, what’s going on? Why are yo-“

“There is no time, noona.” Da-Reum interrupted, still catching his breath. “We have to go home. Shin Hye noona just called that Appa is  arguing with the Landlady.”

“Again?!”

She turned and was greeted by Mr. Han while he give her backpack and portfolios, “You can go now, Ji. We can handle this.”

She took her stuff, “Thank you and so sorry, Mr. Han.”

“It’s ok, Ji.” The owner nodded with an understanding smile, “You best get going before something bad happen.”

Mrs. Han Roxie approached them with some of their takeout bags and hand it to Da-Reum, “It’s in the house.” She said with a smile.

“Thank you so much.” Both the Lee siblings said while giving the old couple a respectful bow and took off.

~*~

When the siblings arrived in the apartment complex, they were shocked to see all of their stuffs are taken away by the men. She was about to approach any of the men, but was stopped when she heard the arguing voices of their father and the landlady.

“You can’t do this to us!” it was their father. “It was stated in the contract that if we aren’t able to pay our dues for 3 months, that will be the start of eviction. We just missed a 2 months, and now you’re evicting us?!

“Yes I can Hyung-Ho. I have the right to evict you and your family. After all, I am the owner.” It was their landlady.

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter