Chapter 4 (Jennie)

The Outsiders

    "Do that one more time, Lisa, and I swear I'll actually kill you," I rubbed my head and my soon-to-be bruised jaw as we walked towards the school field.


    "Come on, Jen, you heard the way she talked about our family! She doesn't even know splat!" she spat on the ground and heaved a heavy sigh.

    I sighed with her. Somehow the topic of our family became somewhat of a discussion between students in the school who lived for gossip. Most figured out the basics, like how I'm most definitely not related to any of them by blood. The students, however, would add their own little stories into the mix, "Oh, I heard Jennie was left at their door because her parents didn't want her anymore."

    "Really? I just thought she was adopted or something?" The constant ignorance of the people around me made me sick. How low do they have to be to target one and one's family? There were only few people who actually knew my situation: Lisa's family, Jisoo and Chaeng. Safe to say, they were the people I'd trust my life with.

    I sat down under the tree by the bleachers with Lisa doing the same thing. There was practice going on and my eyes traveled towards Jisoo and Rosé, currently being tossed into the air. The two of them were cheerleaders. Not the type that are snobby and stuck up, they actually like the sport and take it seriously; it wasn't just for popularity. Lisa still looked irritated, but stayed quiet nonetheless. She blew a piece of her orange hair out of her face, and pouted, "Lisa, please just get over it. They aren't worth it."

    "I know, damn it," she huffed and pouted, "I know."

    I chuckled and leaned on her shoulder, silently watching our two other friends talking to their team members, finishing practice. The pair hooked arms and skipped towards the tree, smiling at us, "wassup?"

    "You know, got a new bruise."

    "Ooh, looks like a big one. Lisa?" I only nodded while the red head beside me gasped with a hand placed on her chest, seemingly offended. Jisoo put up a peace sign and chuckled, handing Lisa a sandwich as a sign of an apology. Rosé busied herself with a flower she picked off of the ground, picking off it's petals. Jisoo stopped her saying that she shouldn't do that to her own kind, which Rosé responded to with a small slap on the shoulder. She looked at me, "Oh!" she perked, remembering something, "Jen, I meant to ask. What happened to you yesterday?"

    I raised an eyebrow, "what?"

    "I heard some of the girls talking about it," typical, "they said something about a Taeyong...?"

    "Ah," I stayed still for a bit and pondered my words, "he tried hitting on me."

    "It didn't work, huh."

    "Jennie, you need a man in your life."

    "Says you," I glared at Jisoo who held her hands up in protest.

    "I'm telling you, my perfect man is in Japan."

    "Yeah, sure, but he doesn't know you exist."

    "Not yet," she winked and I rolled my eyes.

    "Also, Chae, you almost got stabbed, try telling me about that?" the brunette glared at Lisa who only shrugged, mouth full of sandwich.

    "Jen, we took care of that." She rolled her eyes, "go ahead and try to change the subject, we're still gonna end up talking about this Taeyong guy."

    I scoffed, "seriously, all he did was hit in me."

    "No, but was he hot though."

    "Jisoo, I swear you want to die today."

    "Girl, just answer the question."

    I thought for a bit. Was he? Chiseled jawline, rounded eyes and a tall built says he is. His head had the softest looking hair on it and, honestly, he was the second guy I've seen look good with pink hair ever since that one comeback from G-Dragon, "hmm, yeah."

    "Really? A 'hmm, yeah'?"

    "I didn't look at him that much, ok?" the three girls just stared at me as I sighed, frustrated.

    Lisa, all of a sudden, taps my shoulders, pushing me a bit in the process, "Here's a great time to look at him properly." She pointed in a direction, but I kept my eyes on her.

    "You know him? Why?" Lisa just shushed her and held her head to swivel it towards said boy. His pink hair was as unruly as it was yesterday and his pale skin seemed to glow (is he a vampire? What the heck?). My eyes didn't fail me yesterday, he was handsome. His fashion sense was killer and it made his good looks look better, "What I said still stands. He's handsome. Too bad his personality isn't all that." I shrugged and wiggled my head out of Lisa's hold.

    "Jen, he barely talked to you."

    "And?"

    "How can you be so sure he's a bad person?" I gave all of them a look before rolling my eyes and placing my hand back on my still-about-to-bruise jaw.

    "If you guys want him, have him."

    "Nah, he'd only look good with you anyway." Rosé flicked her wrist as a gesture, "I'd get with his friends though," she whispered to no one in particular.

    "Same," Lisa and Jisoo responded. Why are they so boy crazy? Love was the last thing on my list. For me, education and career came first. Falling in love only distracts one from their goals. In my head I always thought that if they really liked me, they could wait for me. Having a boyfriend in my situation and at my age would be a privilege; one that I don't really need or care about.

    "Jen, he's looking at you!" I brought my eyes up to his, and indeed he was. The moment our eyes met, he smirked. I released a sigh as I looked away, bothered that I actually acknowledged his existence somehow, "he's coming!" Rosé squealed. I brought the hand that was nursing my jaw up to my temples, soothing the headache that I had gotten earlier. I felt like it would get worse again.

    "Miss me?" He winked in my direction and I gagged.

    "Still cocky, I see."

    He smiled and greeted the three, his friends behind him doing the same, "so," he began, sitting down, "how have you been?"

    "I was better before you came."

    "Ouch, that hurt. And here I thought you were starting to like me." He chuckled at his sarcastic remark.

    I put up a fake smile, which shocked him, "Listen, I encourage you to stop whatever it is you're doing now. I'm not interested and it seems like I never will be since you aren't my type. And I can tell you think that you could make me one of your 'hoes', but sorry, I like commitment," I stood up and gathered my belongings.

    He eyed me and scoffed, "I'm not your type? Also, what makes you think I can't commit to one person? You don't know me."

    "You're not my type; far from it. Sure you're handsome, but you're too cocky and you're personality irks and annoys me to pieces," I stood straight, backpack slung over my shoulder, "you don't know me either. I'd like to keep it that way, if you mind." I started walking away, my headache coming back slowly.

    A hand held my wrist and it was him again, "I do mind. Jennie Kim, I swear I'll prove you wrong."

    I scowled at him, "Why me? I'm not interested, can't you take a hint?"

    "You can't either, apparently. Is it not clear enough that I like you?" his hold became tighter as we held our eye contact. His eyes are so pretty.

    "How can you like me when you barely know me?" I tried yanking away my hand, but he kept his hold.

    "Trust me, Jennie. I know more about you than you think I do

 

----------

 

  • Alright, we're getting somewhere, wooh! Anyway, comments are appreciated!

Author