Chapter 1

My Queen.

“Hyung…-”

 

 

“Hyunng!”

 

….

 

“Hyung! Wake up!”

 

The younger one is trying so hard to wake the brother’s up in hurry but the latter was deep in slumber. Gosh if only he knew what’s happening while he’s asleep. The younger then shaking the other body a little bit more not to make the older feels the pain but he need to make a move before his father’s brother came in and-

 

“You brat! Here you are! Are you trying to run away???” The said man one looks kind of rushing with his eyes fully red. Furious and nervous were plastered all over his face.

 

He then turn his way to look at the sleeping body on the bed, not aware of what is happening at the moment.

 

“This piece of -”

 

The younger one know where’s this going. He was quick to step ahead in front of his uncle and protect his older brother.

 

“Please! Don’t do anything to us! We already gave up everything that we had. It was now yours!”

 

The man didn’t even care a bit with the boys’ plead, instead he pushed him away making the latter stumbled with his face facing the floor,

 

“Wake up you, piece of !” The man then grabbed the sleeping boy up and thrown him the exact direction as his younger brother is.

 

The older one now is fully awake. Kind of shock with the amount of pain flowing through his side of the body. He is wincing in pain.

 

Realising that he was thrown into the floor with the raging man in front of him, he quickly turn his face to check out his younger brother,

 

“Jongin! You-you okay..? What’s happened? Oh my god-”

 

The latter widen his eyes in shock as he look at Jongin with blood coming out from his mouth,

 

“Junmyeon..we..we got attack-” Jongin unable to speak properly as the pain was spreading all over his mouth but he tries to make sure that his brother know what’s going on,

 

“The enemy wanted to take over the place and they wanted to kill the leader of our kingdom-”

 

Now more blood is flowing out,

 

“Wh-What?? Stop Jongin, don’t said anything-”

 

“No, hyung! Uncle was turning his face on us! He took our throne and now when the enemy asked who was the leader, he told that you are the one in charge!”

 

Junmyeon let out a silence gasp as his eyes widen in terrified. Mixed feelings are flowing through his mind.

 

He is angry toward his father’s other siblings who was nothing like his father expected them to be. When his father was ruling the kingdom, there’s no such a thing as stealing the enemy’s territory and bribe. His father always making sure that none of his other siblings went into hardship as long as he is in charge.

 

But ever since his father died, his siblings were fighting with each other on who will become the next king without even thinking about the former king’s two children who are now not only lose their father but also lose their mother due to the pressure that the siblings had putting on her.They soon then met with the disappointment only to find out that he, Junmyeon was the one in line for the throne.

 

But it was long ago since they create their own rule which is, the throne was out of reach for Junmyeon. They decided that the new King would be the second son after his father. All of the heir that were supposed to pass to Junmyeon and Jongin also were divided among the siblings.

 

Both of the poor child were left with nothing except his father’s room which is now become their temporary room before their uncle, the recent King to kick them out before the citizen smells something suspicious about them.

 

“You!-”

 

His uncle voice’s snapped Junmyeon to reality.

 

The older man then grabbed his collar and making him stands facing him.

 

“Thank god I didn’t kick you out earlier or else I would be killed! Now move!” His uncle then harshly drags him towards outside of the castle,

 

Junmyeon could only hear the faint noises coming out from Jongin’s mouth which then slowly disappear as he being dragged farther from his father’s room.

 

As nearer he get to his main door, the louder the noises coming from outside. He could hear the sound of the fire burning and the smells of smoke starting to immerse through his surrounding. He could see the smoke’s everywhere and started to fill his main floor.

 

His uncle then throws him outside, making the latter falling to the ground.

 

“He is the one you are looking for! He is the son of the former King and our now leader! Please spare us!” The older man is begging on his knee, pleading to a group of man which Junmyeon thought from the enemy’s kingdom.

 

Realising what his younger brother told him before, that the enemy wanted to kill the leader, Junmyeon was quick to clear the misunderstanding of what had his uncle lie about.

 

“Wa-Wait! I am not the one! My uncle and the other siblings already took over everything!-”

 

“No! Don’t listen to him! He’s trying to run away! He is the real heir of the kingdom!” Upon realising that Junmyeon is trying to tell the truth, the siblings then cut his words and lying again.

 

Junmyeon never felt this enrage before. After what the siblings done to his family, this one is the worse! He realise the he never could win against his uncles and aunts. No matter how hard he tried, the others are lot more stronger than he is. With his damped hair and muddy face-almost unrecognisable, the pool of tears starting to form at the corner of his eyes. He need to think something fast.

 

“Please, I am begging you to spare my life,” He then turn his face to look up to the group of men with shiny armour on them,

 

“Why must we listen to you? In fact, your kingdom had done so much to our territory. Your authorities had stolen so much of our stocks. After what you had done you should be killed!” One of the armour speak up.

 

Junmyeon then took a glance to the siblings. Oh how bad the kingdom was when they took over his father’s place. But then he seriously couldn’t do anything.

 

“Well then we supposed to kill everyone in this kingdom and stole everything that you got then!” The man’s words got everyone cries in terrified, including his father’s sibling. He even heard that one of his aunt spitting on how useless he was.

 

Junmyeon is also in his panic mood. He couldn’t think properly and plus, he had never got the chance to rule the kingdom and decides a decision as the siblings were always hold the meeting without him. He then left alone with Jongin, trapped inside of his father’s room, crying and sometimes having lost in faith.

 

Jongin. Yes. Jongin. He couldn’t just let his precious younger brother died in his young age. That boy growing up in his saddest moment. He couldn’t just let the boy suffers more.

 

“Wait!” He face the armours with his dirty face. He then took a breath before continue with his shaky voice and trembling hand,

 

The armours then turn to look at the pity leader in front of them,

 

“Let’s make a trade. Just take me and leave the rest. You could take everything on this kingdom but leave the people alone. Don’t kill them!” Yes, if the enemy wanted to kill him, then take him only. Leave the others alone. He mustn't let the enemy know about him having a younger brother or else he would took him too.

 

His words leave the people in silence and some of them keep chanting of ‘thank you’ and ‘please leave the rest of us’. Not only the people but for the first time ever, his father’s sibling agreed on his decision.

 

After a short silence, one of the man from the armours stepped out and knees down until he is the same level of Junmyeon’s face.

 

The man took out his helmet and brushing his hair up and take a clear look onto Junmyeon’s face.

 

Junmyeon only face him for a few seconds then turning away to look at somewhere else. The man’s deep stare is creeping him out. He is focusing as if the man is exploring him inside out. But not for long when the man then hold his chin up and making the pity boy facing him which making the boy flinch his face in pain and his body is also trembling.

 

The man then pull Junmyeon’s face closely towards him and explore every inch of beauty in Junmyeon’s face despite that his face is dirty,

 

Junmyeon is scared,

 

He couldn’t hold it anymore when the tears slowly flowing down from the corner of his eyes. He’s crying in silence. He’s glad that Jongin wasn’t there to witness how low he is on that time. He is weak. He always told his younger brother to always be strong and independent while look at him now, kneeling in front of the enemy while begging to spare him. He even crying in front of them.

 

The man in front of him is aware of what’s happening as he felt the warm tears touching his cold skin. He then let go of Junmyeon’s chin and stood up. His movement caught the people’s attention towards the man.

 

He then spoke out with higher tone trying to let the people hear him,

 

“Alright then. We will agree to do the trade. We’ll take the leader,”

 

There are some sound of relieves from the people before the man continue again,

 

“But that’s not it. Mark today date as your tragedy date. Put it into your historic event as starting today, this kingdom is going to be fully under our supervision. This kingdom is now one of our territory.”

 

“We will also took 80 percent of your income,”

 

Of course the man’s bold statement will receives some critique from the people but most of them are just feeling grateful that their life were spare.

 

“Guards, take him into our carriage.” The man orders his guards to take away Junmyeon,

 

The guards then harshly grabbed Junmyeon and made him stands properly.

 

Now that he is stand on his foot, he realise that this man is really tall comparing to him. His tall lanky body towering him before he being dragged to the carriage outside of the village.

 

The guards then push him straight to the carriage, making the poor boy falling to his left side on the floor of the carriage. His life and the floor had never been separated ever since his father died.

 

He was about to straighten his position when he heard the ‘click’ sound coming from the outside.

 

He was locked from the outside. Junmyeon quickly stands up to protest.

 

“Wait! You can’t lock me up! We didn’t agree on this! Open the freaking door!”

 

From far, there stand the tall lanky man and his personal man looking straight to the moving carriage  and the voice of protest coming from inside of it.

 

“If you weren’t mind, your highness, may I ask what are you planning on doing to the boy?” A man with his black hair,slick back and everytime he speak, his dimple is showing asked the tall guy beside him,

 

“He is different.” The man crossed his arms replying with the short statement.

 

“Let he be my husband.” The tall man continue again as the image of the boy earlier lingering in his mind.

 

“I see. Should I inform this news to the royal resident?”

 

The tall man remains silence for a few seconds and continue again,

 

“No. Maybe not yet. Let the news known on tomorrow morning, Yixing.”

 

“Yes, your highness, King Sehun.”

 

As the two walks to their carriage, Yixing speak again,

 

“His scent’s differ, doesn’t he, your highness?”

 

Sehun settle on his sit while Yixing sitting at the oppostie of him.

 

“I noticed that. It’s quite dangerous to keep him in our kingdom but his scent’s differ from others. I think it was quite special, doesn’t it?”

 

“I think we need to discover more about his background, your highness.”

 

“I agree on that, Yixing. Tell your people about that.”

 

“Definitely, your highness.”

 

 

 

Never exposed your body in front of the enemy, you hear me, Junmyeon, Jongin? As long as you are not alone, then it would be fine. But not when you are alone all by yourselves. Your scent will lure them in. The difference between you and the others is that your bloodline are special. You were born different. Be aware of the enemy across the north side jungle. They could sniff the scent better than others,

 

Junmyeon heard his father’s voice reminding him a long time ago in his dream. He is longing for that voice again. Back then when he was a kid, he and Jongin were totally clueless when the King warned him from going outside of the kingdom. The King told them that their scents were definitely strong especially when they were young and haven’t hit puberty yet.

 

Up until now both of the boys still haven’t figure out on what their father was aware of. But now since Junmyeon got taken away by the enemy, the secret would probably exposed.

 

Junmyeon could feel a warm skin make in contact with his shoulder. Gently shaking it while calling out to him. He slowly opens his eyes just to met with the mean taller man from last night,

 

He blinks in a few times and quick to slapped the other hands from reaching his body after fully aware of what’s happening when the memory of last time flashing back through his mind. His body was quick to form a protective posture from the man in front of him,

 

“Don’t touch me, you sick bastard!” Junmyeon flashes his anger towards the tall man in front of him. He is fully aware that this man is an enemy so he need to be cautious around him. He could be kill any time by now.

 

The man didn’t wears any expression on his face. He just stands there looking at him just like he did the last time,

 

“Wh-What?? What is it?”

 

The tall lanky man then continue,

 

“First of all, watch your mouth. I could just kill you if I found you annoying.” Junmyeon gulped. But he don’t care. It’s his mouth anyway so he could said anything that he wanted to.

 

“Secondly, If I were you, I wouldn’t dare to fall asleep especially when I was in an enemy’s hand.”

 

“And then-”The other then hand Junmyeon a pair of new clothing, “Look at your reflection at the wall. You were all covered with dirt. Go outside and clean yourself a bit and then change to this clothes.”

 

Welp, for an enemy, this man quite considerate at least. Junmyeon take a glance towards the shiny wall inside of the carriage, and just now he realise he is dirty all over the place. He adverts his glance toward the man in front of him and look at him up and down with furious in his eyes. He grabs the clothes rudely,

 

“Whatever.” Junmyeon then stomped his feet walking passed the taller man. Even though he is short but he make sure that his shoulder brush hardly against the man to show his angry.

 

As soon as he open the carriage’s door, he could see the guards are cleaning themselves (or more like bathing half- inside the lake). Just like how Junmyeon looks at them, their eyes were locked on his petite self too.

 

He felt uncomfortable and pure disgust with those hungry eyes on him,

 

“What?? Why does everyone here looking at me with such erted eyes??” He shout to the group of men who are bathing in the lake facing towards him and their eyes quickly changing the sight,

 

“Excuse me, none of my people are interested in such dirty looking man like you,”The familiar voice from earlier suddenly creeps behind him,

 

“Tch! Says someone who is wearing the ert eyes too.” Junmyeon rolls his eyes to the lanky man beside him and making his way towards the opposite side of the lake, blocking by the carriage. Even though he’s not quite understand about his father’s warn on him, but he still need to be aware and not easily given up his body.

 

Little that he know no matter how hard he try to keep his distance from the enemy, it was his scent that make them attract to him.

 

Sehun shaking his head. Such a brave personality for a petite guy like him. He couldn’t help but to let out a soft chuckles. He decided to stay with the boy until he done cleaning himself.

 

 

 

The guards sneakily trace the petite boy until he disappears from their sights,

 

“God! Never once I met the enemy who has such a strong scent! A sweet scent of all that!” One of the guard says,

 

“I know right! It’s like the sweet smell of the ripe fruits waiting to be pluck,” The other one says while washing his back with a smirk plastered on his face,

 

“The scent is intoxicating. Like it was dangerous but also attractive. Dangerously attractive? That boy is something else!”

 

The guards were busy chatting with each other when Yixing come to interrupt after he eavesdrop some of the conversation earlier,

 

“Now, it’s not nice to talk behind other,” Yixing’s sudden appearance startle the men. He then squat down at the men,

 

“Oh, we were so sorry, sir. But this is such a rare case, wasn’t it? Never once in my life to be able to sniff such a sweet and delicious scent especially from the enemy side!” The said man couldn’t contain his excitement upon his first time experience.

 

“Me either. What does the King planning to do on him?” The other asked the King’s personal man,

 

Yixing then avert his gaze towards the King, who was leaning on carriage. Probably have an eyes to his soon-to-be husband from escaping,

 

“The King wants to marry him.”

 

His reply receives some different reactions. Some of them widen his eyes in shock with the sudden news while some of them are cool on this.

 

“Really?” One of the guard asks for the confirmation again from Yixing which the latter reply with the same answer,

 

“King is one lucky man. He got himself a ‘special’ bride.”

 

“Good for him too. It’s been a while since our kingdom receives such a big news, and to know that the King finally found his queen, the villagers must be excited about this.”

 

“Pretty sure as soon as the boy steps into our kingdom, some of them already could sniff the alluring scent of his,”

 

Yixing glad that the reaction were quite good to begin with. The guards are quite understanding when it come to King’s personal life.

 

Yixing thought to himself, after so many years of standing beside the King, maybe it was a good time for the man to finally make himself a real life company.

 

 

“What’s taking you so long? Are you thinking of drowning yourself inside the lake?” Sehun asked the boy after realising that some part of his body is going numb because of the long wait.

 

“Well, I don’t asked you to wait for me. So why bother?” Junmyeon reply with such confident.

 

Sehun was quite amuse with this boy. Almost everything about him is a mystery and Sehun just wanted to discover more about him.

 

He then hears some splash of waters indicate the boy is coming out from the water.

 

Then suddenly his nose caught a strong alluring smell that making himself dizzy.It feels like a pink purplish fogs are everywhere blinding his vision. The fogs are not visible but the opponent thought it exist because of the side effect of the strong scent. It’s like the exact scent that Junmyeon had except this one was quite stronger and making people around him scrunch in dizziness.

 

“Ugghh!-” Sehun quick to cover his nose from the strong sweet smell. He close his eyes only to open back when the boy is now walking towards him. The scent is getting stronger each time the boy coming closer. Now he knew where does the strong sweet intoxicating smell came from.

 

Sehun knew he wasn’t the only one who notice the strong smell when his people and also his personal man exchange gaze towards each other while covering up their nose,

 

The guard was right. The scent didn’t only attract people with it nice sweet smell but it was also dangerous.

 

Junmyeon who is notice about the people weird behaviours starting to doubt himself,

 

“Now what? I already clean myself. Am I that smelly? Why are you people covering your nose??” He then sniffing himself, afraid that he might smells stinks.

 

Now that the fog of dizziness started to spread somewhere else, only then Sehun realise something about the boy in front of him,

 

He finally has a clear look about his soon-to-be husband. Now that he finish cleaning up himself,all of the dirts are gone. Sehun could see that the boy has a very light-pale skin and flawless one too. His cheeks form slightly tint pink because of the coldness and not to mention the small pouty rosy lip compliments his face.

 

His scent wasn’t the only one that is alluring, but the person himself is also a beauty.

 

No wonder Sehun didn’t smell the scent at the moment he arrived at the enemy kingdom, it’s because the person was covered with dirt making the strong smell concealed from spreading too much. But when he is already pure, the scent come back again with the stronger one.

 

“Ughh-! The smell is too strong-” Sehun turn his way from facing the other,

 

“Am I really that smelly or what?” Junmyeon felts a little bit guilty eventhough he already finish cleaning himself up. But the reaction from others state otherwise.

 

“No- I mean it’s not that stinky smell…-It just your scent- Oh god-” Sehun stepped few steps back,

 

Upon looking at the King, Yixing is quick to the rescue,

 

“Woah-!” This time Yixing is the one who was startle by the beauty in front of him, “You looks different-!” While covering his nose, the King’s personal man hand Junmyeon a small bottle of liquid,

 

Junmyeon mouthed ‘ert’ under his breath to the man in front of him while take a look on the small bottle,

 

“What’s this?”

 

“Apply this at both side of your neck,”

 

“Are you trying to kill me slowly with this..?” Junmyeon is fully guard with the enemy tactic after his father told him that the enemy would do anything to kill you even when you are not looking,

 

Couldn’t hold the strong mesmerising scent any more, Sehun then opens the small bottle up and apply it to both of his neck,

 

“There, if you die then I’ll die too. Quick.”

 

Junmyeon is quite amuse with the tall man’s quick action. He gave the tall man and his second man a suspicious glare before applying the liquid to his neck,

 

When the liquid come in touch with his skin, the scent slowly return to normal. Probably concealing it. The guards then sigh in relieves and take a deep breath into the air. Even though the scent is still there, but it’s better than before.

 

The king rubbed the bridge of his nose as he is trying to come back in sense since he is the one who got sting by the strong smell.

 

“I don’t want to offence you in every mean but do you usually left your house with some dirt covering half of your face?” Yixing ask the small boy in front of him in curiosity

 

Junmyeon wasn’t sure whether he is supposed to tell them about the past or not but he is too wasn’t quite sure about it,

 

“I have never leave my castle. Ever. Not until now.” His voice is quite soft and there is a hint of sadness in his tone but both of the men in front of him could heard him perfectly,

 

“You have never? Then how could you rule the kingdom?” This time it was the King asked,

 

“It was complicated and I don’t trust my enemy so I don’t think I should tell you.” With that Junmyeon leave the both men and walk inside the carriage. He need time to be alone, leaving the King and his personal man dumbfounded with his last words.

 

“Your highness,” Yixing turn his face towards the King,

 

“Yes?”

 

“So what should we do to him? Do we need to cover him with some dirt to conceal his scent? Because I am pretty sure one step he walks into our kingdom, the scent will spread all over the place and pretty sure the people will ask. Not to mention those people in the castle would eagerly wanted to know about him,”

 

“Yes. Pretty sure about those people but no. Not the dirt. By the way, where did you get the liquid?”

Yixing then take out the bottle,

 

“Oh this? The guard gave it to me. They carry these things around everytime they were out of town,” He then raised one of his eyebrows, “But still, the guards told me that it won’t last too long. Not when that boy’s scent is ‘that’ strong. This liquid couldn’t conceals him too much.”

 

“Hmmm..Well, just take those liquids then. I don’t want to introduce him to my people with dirt covers half of him.”

 

“I see.”

 

When Yixing is about to go back to the guards, he turn his face back to the King again,

 

“Your highness?”

 

“Yes, Yixing?”

 

“That boy is preciously beautiful indeed. You found yourself a beauty bride. I believe everyone in the kingdom will think so too,” Yixing smiles to the King before continue to walk again.

 

 

Sehun keep his expressionless but his face flushed bright pink and the same goes to his ears. Right. For seconds, he almost forgot that he wanted to make the petite boy as his husband. He knows it wasn’t a perfect time to fall in love especially when he just attacked the other’s kingdom, but that’s exactly what he did. The moment he kneels down to reach the same level as the boy, even though been covered with dirt, there’s something about him that making Sehun’s heart melted. He could see the innocence and the small sparkle glistening in the other’s eyes.

 

Sehun knows he is wrong for taking an advantage towards the boy after what happened to his kingdom, but it was a win situation. He let the people lives while he took the male away. He don’t usually believes in love at the first sight.

 

But in this case, it was different. It’s special. Sehun believes that everything about the boy is special although there are some mysteries yet to be uncover, but Sehun didn’t want to rush things. He rather asks the other later.

 

But will it become a one-sided love?


Hello :). What do guys think about the first chapter? Comment below :)