Happy Early...

Happy Early

Easter-- Freshmen in high school

 
Heechul smirked at Hana, but blushed as he handed her a basket full of easter eggs, "Happy easter..." His voice was a low mutter, but Hana got the idea. She happy snatched the basket and looked through all the gifts hidden in the egss.
 
"What? Where's my *insert favorite candy here- bar?" Hana joked, pretending to look disgusted. Heechul looked surprised then angry, he snatched the basket away.
 
"Well, if you don't like it, then I'll just keep it! I bet my mom would be more grateful than you," he avoided Hana's eyes. Hana tried to imitate his smirk.
 
"Are you saying I'm not grateful?" She grabbed ahold of the basket, jerking it towards her. Heechul was caught off guard and stumbled forward, running into Hana and failling down- taking her with him. Shocked and afraid Hana would think ill of him, he tried to scramble to his feet, but Hana grabbed his arm.
 
A broad smile now on her face, a beautiful HANA smile, not one of her Heechul fail-smirks, she pecked Heechul on the cheek and said, "Thank you.."
 
Heechul’s face turned completely scarlet, but he tried to hide his pleasure and shock with another smirk. However, he knew he couldn’t pretend for long, so he rolled to the side and lay on the grassy ground beside Hana. “So…” Heechul began awkwardly, he REALLY hadn’t expected that kiss…
 
“You do know that Easter isn’t for another two weeks, right?” Hana giggled, playing with the grass beside her, gently pulling it out of the ground, twisting it, and then setting it down again.
 
“Yeah, I know…” Heechul pointedly stared straight at the clouds slowly floating by. “It’s just… I won’t be here. So, I figured… if I was going to give you something best give it early as compared to late, right? So… I guess… Happy early Easter!”
 
Hana nodded, forcing a smile on her face but soon turned away so that Heechul wouldn’t be able to see her disappointment.
 
“Hana?”
 
“Hm..?” Hana still didn’t want to look at his beautiful face, it would just make her feel guilty and selfish for wanting him to always be here…
 
“Does that kiss mean… you like me too?”
 
Hana felt her face growing hot, so she answered quickly, “Of course not!”
 
“Oh… Okay, then.”
 
Hana silently cursed to herself, he’d said [b]too[/b]! She’d been waiting for ages for this moment. Taking up all her courage she muttered, “Well… maybe a little bit.” She rolled around to meet Heechul’s wide eyes and his arrogant smirk. 
 
“Good!”
 
Thanksgiving-- Seniors in high school
 
“Heechul!” Hana shouted and waved at her long-time boyfriend. Heechul, upon seeing her, actually smiled and waved back Ah! That beautiful smile- Hana swore it got prettier by the day.
 
“Hana!” They both ran to meet each other like in all those corny dramas. Except when they met, instead of a passionate kiss or holding hands and twirling, they just gave a long friendly hug. Perhaps it was because Heechul had been away so long- perhaps because Hana didn’t want to make Heechul uncomfortable right away…
 
“How… was the tour?” Hana smiled at Heechul expectantly.
 
“It was as great as always.” Heechul made a somewhat playful terrified face, “I love the fans.. really I do… it’s just when they go like this…” He reached for Hana’s hand, avoiding eye contact, and intertwined his fingers with hers. He then finished his sentence with a mutter, “…it can be a little too much.”
 
Hana felt the urge to blush at his sudden show of affection, but fought it. She was a senior in high school! Why was she getting so worked up over holding hands?
 
Still, she had to admit that she was happy. Hana leaned her head on Heechul’s shoulder, “Chullie?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“I was wondering… well, Thanksgiving’s coming up and all… so…”
 
“AH! That reminds me.” Hana’s head support left her as Heechul bent down and searched through his many bags. Finally, Heechul straightened and held a cage in front of Hana. 
 
Hana ignored the cage and continued, “I was hoping you could come meet my family…”
 
Heechul obviously wasn’t listening, he muttered something at the cage and then said loudly, “Happy early Thanksgiving!”
 
Hana raised her eyebrows, “What is it?”
 
“A turkey.”
 
“A live one?”
 
Heechul smiled, “Yep!”
 
“And you are giving this to me why?” Hana didn’t even know why she asked, she already knew the answer.
 
“Because.. I, er, won’t be in-country until after Thanksgiving… and a live turkey will last a lot longer…”
 
Hana took in a deep breath, “But you just got here! They’re going to send you off again?”
 
“I’m sorry Hana, it’s not my choice,” Heechul frowned at her and gave an awkward apologetic bow.
 
Hana immediately felt guilty and stood on her tippy-toes so that she could pat Heechul on the head, “It’s okay. Just try to make it next time, alright?”
 
Halloween-- Sophomore in college
 
Pap! Pap! Pap!
 
“Coming~!” Hana removed the heavy text book from her lap and set it on the table. She took her time walking to the door- whoever was insane enough to knock on her door at this time didn’t deserve for her to hurry.
 
When she DID finally open the door, she came face-to-face with a cat… Heechul? 
 
Hana gasped and squealed, throwing her arms around cat-Heechul. “Why are… you dressed like that?” 
 
"Happy early Halloween! …What? Oh! Yeah, well, I won’t-”
 
Hana placed a finger on her long-time boyfriend’s lips, “Don’t answer that question.” Hana already knew the answer. It was another holiday, however trivial as it may seem, that her boyfriend wouldn’t be able to spend with her- so he just came a week… maybe a month early. It was cute and thoughtful- but Hana couldn’t help but wish that she could spend just ONE NORMAL holiday with him.
 
Sensing her disappointment, Heechul held up a jack-o-lantern shaped bucket in his hand and whispered, “I… have… candy…~” Hana frowned at him, not moving so that he could get into the house. Heechul clasped his hands together and pleaded, “Come on Hana~ It’s embarrassing with this costume on…”
 
Hana smirked, she’d had so much practice she figured that it almost looked identical to Heechul’s, “Aww, why? I think it’s cute.”
 
Heechul returned the smirk, and Hana was proven wrong, it was so powerful and.. y? Hana mentally rolled her eyes at herself. 
 
Heechul then leaned in closely, so that his eyes met Hana’s. “Please?”
 
Hana tried to avoid his gaze, but failed. Finally, she broke and stepped aside, “Come on in…”
 
Heechul smiled and gave Hana a quick hug before walking in.
 
Hana eyed him darkly; she couldn’t believe she’d just allowed this. She should be studying!
 
Heechul immediately stretched and somewhat curled up on the couch. Hana frowned and said, “You may be dressed like a cat, but that doesn’t mean you have to act like one?”
 
“Oh?” Heechul imitated and purring sound and eyed Hana. “Do you /want/ me to prove you wrong?” His eyes narrowed and an evil grin spread across his face.
 
Hana simply stuck her tongue out at him and muttered, “You’re only here for a little while, okay? So act like a civilized person, give me the jack-o-lantern bucket, and leave before twelve.”
 
Heechul frowned and muttered back, “We’re not sixteen anymore…”
 
Hana ignored him and grabbed a Halloween movie from her stash, playing it on the TV. She then sat beside Heechul, trying to enjoy one of the few moments she actually got to spend time with him.
 
Christmas-- Junior in college
 
We wish you a Merry Christmas~ I wish you a Merry Christmas~ I WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS~ And a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 
Hana giggled into her scarf as Heechul turned the classic carol into a rock band song with his strong vocals. Normally she would have laughed out loud- but in truth Hana was actually depressed. In all the long years she’d been dating him- almost eight!- Heechul had always been too busy to spend a single REAL holiday with her.
 
Even though she hummed and swayed along with the songs in the private concert her boyfriend had set up for her, Hana secretly wished more than anything that she could be at home in front of a warm fire opening presents like a normal couple.
 
Heechul never took his eyes off of Hana as he sang. He knew how much Hana was disappointed in him- how many times had he promised he could be there? How many times had he come to celebrate the same holidays with her before anyone did?
 
Heechul secretly hated himself for it… but he would get something right. He just knew he would.
 
He finished the song, slightly encouraged, happily with a, “[b]Happy early[/b] Christmas!”
 
Hana lifted her gloved hands and cupped them around shouting, “It’s MERRY Christmas; you just sang it!”
 
Heechul made an overemphasized wink so that she could see it from the stands. Why was it that she looked like she was crying?
 
January 7-- Senior in college
 
Hana sat in front of the TV stuffing her face with ice cream. She had nothing to look forward to today… She’d already celebrated with her family… And Heechul had already given her her ‘Happy Early Birthday’ present. He was out of country again…
 
Haengbokhangayo geudaeui ggaman nunesuh nunmuri heureujyo
 
Funny, Hana thought she’d just heard Heechul’s voice.
 
Ggaman muhri pappuri dwel ddaeggajido
 
Hana frowned. GREAT! Now she was imagining things…
 
Naui sarang naui geudae saranghal guhseul na maengsehalgeyo
 
That was /not/ her imagination. Hana ran over to the window. It couldn’t be Heechul… it just couldn’t be. So, without even looking she flung the window open and shouted out into the night, “Could you shut up!? Some people are trying to sulk here!”
 
“HANA!?” A voice came from one of those hand-held loud-speaker type things.
 
Hana actually looked this time, whispering to herself, “Chulie?” And there he was. Her always early, but never there when needed orange-haired boyfriend. “CHULIE!?”
 
Her boyfriend didn’t respond but just continued with the song, when it finally ended Heechul shouted as loudly as he could, “Hana! Will you marry me?”
 
Hana just stood at the window shocked, “But you… overseas… wha?”
 
Heechul smirked his unique smirk once again, “I have to be on time for at least something. I can’t exactly say happy early wedding can I? Or maybe happy early I do?”