lovesick fool.

I love you, in so many ways.

lovesick fool.


Baekhyun was not stupid.

The moment he looked into his husband’s eyes one day, he knew that love was beginning to fade. His actions were starting to become colder each day they spent together, which Baekhyun absolutely hated. The brief replies and the cold shoulder really frustrated him, but Baekhyun couldn’t bear to give up. Despite everything, he still loved Chanyeol dearly and would do anything to fix their broken relationship.

"Chanyeol, I prepared breakfast for you,” Baekhyun said with a big smile plastered on his face as Chanyeol stepped out of their shared room. His husband only nodded in reply and grabbed for his briefcase then started heading to the door.

“You’re not going to eat?” Baekhyun asked, running after Chanyeol only to see him putting his shoes on.

“I have an early meeting, I’ll just grab something to eat later,” and with that his husband was out the door. Baekhyun sighed, another breakfast gone to waste he guessed.

However, Park Baekhyun wasn’t someone to be discouraged so easily. He washed the pans and pots he used and got ready to make the best lunch Chanyeol would ever taste that would surely make his husband come crawling back to him. He’d deliver it to him personally to his office and surprise him with it, like he used to do when they started dating back then.

Baekhyun left the house a little bit past 11 am, so that he’d arrive on time for his husband’s lunch break. He carried Chanyeol’s lunch with him as he entered the building, greeting the guard and some of his husband’s office workers who knew him. He rode the elevator up to Chanyeol’s office and was greeted by his secretary, Kyungsoo, who was oddly alarmed to see him.

“B-Baekhyun! What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked. Baekhyun laughed and showed him the lunch he made.

“I came here to see Chanyeol, but it’s nice seeing you again, Soo,” he replied.

“Look, Baekhyun, I don’t think you should go see Mr. Park right now, he’s kind of busy-“ Kyungsoo explained, blocking Baekhyun from going in, but Baekhyun was having none of it and grabbed the handle of the door.

“Don’t worry, I’m just here to drop off his lunch and I’ll be on my way, just-“ Baekhyun stopped his actions completely when he heard giggles from the other side of the door. He opened the door a little to hear and see more and what greeted him broke his heart instantly.

There, inside Chanyeol’s office, was his husband with a girl wrapped around his arms. They were smiling to each other while giggling softly. Baekhyun felt his cheeks began to get wet and he realized that he was crying.

“I love you,” he heard Chanyeol say loud and clear to the girl, “I love you so much.”

Baekhyun slowly and quietly closed the door. He turned to Kyungsoo, head down, refusing to meet the other’s eyes.

“You knew about this, Soo?” he asked.

Kyungsoo nodded sadly, “Yes.”

Baekhyun scoffed. He looked up, hoping it’d make the tears stop falling, but they won’t and Baekhyun didn’t know what to do. It hurt too much and he could feel his heart breaking and breaking again like it was in an endless cycle.

Before Kyungsoo could explain, Baekhyun shoved the lunch he made in Kyungsoo’s hands.

“Tell him I came by and to eat his lunch on time. Tell him I’m sorry I couldn’t hand it myself because I saw that he was busy. Thank you, Kyungsoo. I think I’d never see you again.”

And with that Baekhyun left the building.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol kissed Rose once more before he escorted her out of his office. When he bid her goodbye, he turned to see his secretary standing in front of him holding an all too familiar lunch bag. His eyes immediately widened at this.

“Kyungsoo, what’s this?” he asked, hoping to God he won’t receive the answer he’s been dreading.

With a sad smile, Kyungsoo replied, “Mr. Baekhyun came by today. He said he wished for you to eat it on time. He said sorry because he couldn’t give it to you personally because you were busy.”

“No… No, no, no! You’ve got to be kidding me!” Chanyeol shouted. Kyungsoo only smiled sadly once again.

Chanyeol quickly ran out of the building and drove home. When he got to his house, it was extremely quiet. He opened the door to his and Baekhyun’s shared room only to see his husband closing the zipper of his suitcase. Baekhyun looked up to see Chanyeol enter and all he could do was give him a smile.

“You’re back early,” he whispered, voice cracking from all the crying.

“Baek, I can explain,” Chanyeol started, but Baekhyun only laughed, completely cutting him off.

“I think you can’t call me that anymore. I think we can’t call each other any nicknames anymore, Park,” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol remained silent, head bowed in shame.

It remained quiet between them until small sniffles were heard. Chanyeol shot his head up immediately to see Baekhyun’s tears running down his cheeks, staring at his husband with this extreme sadness and pain in his eyes that Chanyeol knew he caused. Chanyeol’s initial reflex was to hug the smaller, but he figured that he didn’t have permission to do that anymore.

“What went wrong, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked, voice shaking. “What went ing wrong for you to do that?”

“Baekhyun, I’m sorry.“

“You’re sorry? Sorry for what Chanyeol? Sorry for everything you’ve done? Sorry for lying to me after all this time I was trying to make us work again? Are you sorry that you don’t love me anymore so you had to cheat?” Baekhyun was shouting now. His fists were balled at his sides, a sign that he was angry.

Angry at Chanyeol. Angry at that girl. Angry at himself.

“Are you sorry that you threw 7 years of marriage behind you without even trying to gain it back or are you just sorry because it was never planned that I find out like this?” Baekhyun screamed.

Chanyeol’s heart broke at this because it was the truth, because Baekhyun was slapping him hard with the truth. But what right did he have to get heartbroken and hurt when he was foolish enough to do such thing?

So he said the words he knew to say, “I’m sorry.” Even though he knew Baekhyun deserved so much more.

“I know, and I’m sorry, too, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said as he lifted up his suitcase and headed for the door. He didn’t look back despite hearing the sobs of his husband, too afraid that he might come running back.

No, this time he was tired of trying. This time it was goodbye.


ten — not said to me.