Midnight Confessions

Midnight Confessions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mmmm... Chaerin-ah?"

Chaerin looked up from her laptop, startling slightly. Dara stood in the open doorway, blinking and rubbing her eyes. The yellow hallway light filtered into the dark room from behind her, framing her messy bun of dark hair.

"H-hi, unnie," Chaerin said, her face flushing. "What do you need?"

"I had a nightmare, Chaerin-ah. Can I sleep here?"

Chaerin nodded wordlessly, not trusting her voice to stay steady. Dara crossed the room and flopped down on the bed, her head falling on Chaerin's lap.

Chaerin gulped, carefully shutting her laptop and gazing down at the girl on her lap. Dara squinted up at her, trembling slightly.

"What was the nightmare, unnie? D-do you want to talk about it?"

Dara looked away, playing with the corner of the bedspread. She shook her head near imperceptibly.

"I don't remember."

Her hand shaking, Chaerin reached down and carefully pulled the band loose from Dara's hair. Her dark locks came spilling out, pouring around her head in a halo of beauty.

Dara smiled, her soft chuckle making Chaerin's lap shake. "What'd you do that for?"

Chaerin smiled back, running her fingers through Dara's soft hair. "Close your eyes."

Dara obliged, a content sigh escaping her as Chaerin felt her unnie's warm weight sink deeper into her lap. Chaerin shuddered, comforted by Dara's presence, but nonetheless feeling her heart rate pick up.

She shouldn't be doing this.

But would she ever get the chance again?

Slowly, carefully, so as not to disturb Dara, Chaerin reached over and lifted the cover of her laptop. She scanned her eyes over the passage she had been reading before Dara came in the room, finding her place in the text without much difficulty.

I felt Dara skim her hands over the sides of my head, her slender fingers cool against my skin as they framed my face and tangled in my hair. I smiled and turned my lips to her palm, reaching down and snaking a hand up her shirt. Her s hardened beneath my touch, and I heard a soft cry arise from : 'Chaerin-ah...'

"Whatchu reading?"

Chaerin jumped, slamming her laptop shut faster than Bom ran for Pop Tarts in the morning. She glanced down at Dara, but from the look in her eyes, Chaerin knew she hadn't been quick enough.

"I-- nothing, unnie, just some fanfiction, you know how I--"

She felt Dara's hand clench on her knee, and she stopped. The frantic look of her features, the trembling of her lower lip, made Chaerin's heart sink. What had possessed her to read something like that with Dara in the room?!

"Chaerin-ah... that fanficion... was it about... us?"

Chaerin's shoulders sagged. She was caught, done for, she had really ed up this time--

"Unnie... please... let me explain..."

"Really, there's no need."

Dara flipped over on her oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter