Two

Our Fate

.

.

.

I just stared at him, he was still the same Jung YongHwa who smiled to people brightly.

“I am sorry, Hyung-nim!” He said to Changmin oppa as he bowed. He still didn’t look at me.

“Gwaenchana, YongHwa-yah! And this is my friend,” Oh God, Changmin oppa!

Then suddenly he looked at me, “Hi, agasshi, I am so-sorry,” Then he stopped.

We looked at each other.

For two times at that day, I felt the worlds had just stopped.

“Joohyun,” he said softly.

I can’t say anything. I tried to say something but my brain and body didn’t let me. I felt so stupid and so weak.

It seems like forever until…

“You know each other?” Changmin oppa asked us. He looked so puzzled.

“Yes,” Yonghwa oppa answered while still looked at me. I already changed my sight and looked at Changmin oppa. I tried my best to look okay and unaffected by Yonghwa.

“How?” Changmin oppa smiled. I can see that he was happy.

Yonghwa opened his mouth, I was scared with what he would say. “We both are from Busan,” I cut him.

“Ah, that’s right, you are from Busan! You somehow already known each other at Busan, right?” Changmin oppa smirked.

“Yes,” I answered again.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Yonghwa-ssi,” I greeted him politely.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” he smiled at me.

“How have you been? I’ve been well.” I asked him to maintain politeness.

“I have been well, too,”

“Oh God, you two looked awkward as hell, haha!” Changmin oppa laughed. “I bet you haven’t had lunch, order some food, Yonghwa-yah!”

Yonghwa then ordered spaghetti and cola. He was still the same Yonghwa that loved spaghetti.

“I and Yonghwa was friend at college, I studied business and he studied architecture and construction. If you wonder how I know him,” Changmin oppa explained to me, he looked so happy meeting Yonghwa.

“Ah, ne,” It was all I can say.

“You work at Seoul, Joohyun?” Yonghwa oppa looked at me.

I tried to smile, “Yes, I am a newbie at Seoul,”

“What is your job?”

“She works at translation company. Her major is Chinese language. She is also a teacher at weekend and freelance interpreter,” Changmin oppa answered for me.

“No, I just a mere editor at translator company,” I quickly clarified and glared at Changmin oppa.

He just winked at me.

“Oh, I am glad to hear that. But, I think your dream is to be a lecturer,” Yonghwa oppa smiled softly.

It made me speechless, “Oh, that, I am going to apply for lecturer next year, I think.” He surprised me by remembering my dream.

“Good luck, Joohyun-ah,” he smiled brightly and somehow sadly.

“Wait!” Changmin oppa said loudly, “How can you call Seohyun by her real name? Even I, her bestfriend never call her that,”

I flinched I didn’t know how to react.

“She has been called by her name at Busan, Hyung,”

“Really, Seohyun-ah?”

“Yes, hahaha,” God, my laugh sounded so awkward.

“But still, I think it is so strange, though!” Changmin oppa really looked lost. “I have known Taeyeon too, and she called you ‘Seohyun’ even though she came from Busan too.”

“Taeyeon eonni just like call me ‘Seohyun’,” I tried to give some clarification. I did not want Changmin oppa thought something was off.

“Hmm, you two are so strange,” Changmin oppa looked at me and Yonghwa with a very suspicious eyes.

“Ehem,” It was Yonghwa. “So, why do you call me here, hyung?”

“Oh, are you that busy, Yonghwa? It’s weekend, seohyun just have her holiday for teaching and why the tell are you working today? Such a workaholic brat,”

“I have a project to do, I need to finish the design today, hyung. Oh, so stress,” he indeed looked so tired but happy, “But I enjoy it so much,”

I remembered that Yonghwa back then was a very hard-working, serious and active person, he could not stand still before all his work had done. He would forget the world and enjoyed his time with his work. He did not change a bit.

“Did not I say, I don’t like this side of you, you should take your time, meet some women, have fun, eat delicious food,” Changmin teased Yonghwa.

He laughed, “If I was as rich as you I would do that, hyung!”

“But, your dad is rich as hell, dude!” Changming oppa talked back.

“It’s my dad’s hard work, not mine! And if you still talking non-sense like this I will go, hyung!” He looked serious.

I just sat there and listened to them, I felt like I didn’t want to say anything.

“Okay, why I call you two here is, I invite you to my birthday party! At upcoming weekend,” Changmin oppa smiled brightly and gave me the invitation card.

“Why is it so sudden?” I asked as I read the card.

“Because I was so busy and forgot to tell you, Seohyun-ah, sorry,”

“Hmm, I understand,”

“And……… I will propose YeonHee that day,”

“WHAT?” I almost screamed, “Why so sudden?” Yonghwa just paid attention to me and Changmin oppa conversation, I bet he did not know about YeonHee eonni.

“It’s not sudden, little sister, I have been dating her for two years,” Changmin oppa rolled his eyes.

I pouted, “You should talk to me first, oppa, I introduced YeonHee eonni to you,”

“Sorry, Sist, you were so busy, too, I barely can talk to you.

“Okay, apology accepted, because you just took a good step for your relationship, I am so so so happy for you, Oppa!” I congratulated him sincerely. I never expect he will marry YeonHee eonnie.

“Thank you, Seohyun-ah,”

“I am so happy for too, Hyung-nim, although I don’t know anything about YeonHee-ssi, your soon to be fiancée, but can I do something to help you?” Yonghwa smiled.

“As expected from Jung Yonghwa,” Changmin oppa patted his shoulder proudly. “Actually, Seohyun-ie is a single lady,”

“Is that a problem?” I cut him. I was so embarrassing to let your ex lover now that your are single, God, I wish killing someone is legal I would like to kill Changmin oppa.

“It is, darling,”

“Don’t ever darling me!” I snapped.

“Whatever, I don’t like you being alone in my propose night and my birthday party, I don’t want you to look lonely, I hate that you know!”

“I am not lonely, I have taeyon eonni, tiffany eonni and more,”

“Taeyeon haven’t been back from Europe, tiffany already had his husband and now is pregnant. You are a newbie in Seoul, who would you come with?”

“I can ask my co-worker to come with me,”

“What if she or he is busy, Seohyun? Don’t you think it will be more effective if you come together with a person that you have known. That’s why, I want Yonghwa to accompany you to my party.”

What the hell di he say?

“Yonghwa, could you please pick Seohyun up that day and accompany her? I am worried about her,” Changmin oppa switched his gaze to Yonghwa.

I tried my best to keep my composure and Yonghwa didn’t show any expression. Well, he did, I didn’t understand his expression.

“If Joohyun said okay, I will do,” Yonghwa smiled, but I know his smile is not sincere.

God, please, why did our fate crossed against each other again, why?

I wasn’t ready for this, at all.