First Day [Part 2]

Those Amethyst Eyes [Former Title: United Because of You]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE

First Day Part 2

 

SOOJIN

 

      Red Vampires IN THIS SCHOOL?! Oh no, what am I going to do? What if I get attacked? I'm going to die!

      Can't I just move to another school? Woohyun, Mom, why are you doing this to me? Oh yeah...I shouldn't blame them.

      Well, I was confused. Not to mention my head hurts, my heart is raising, and I feel like freaking out any minute.

      I was again deep in my thoughts as I  made my way through the school corridor but then I guess I did not noticed where I was going so I accidentally bumped into someone to which I stumbled back in daze while the person held me gently by the shoulders before I completely lost my balance.

      "Sorry", I heard the guy apologize and I looked up at him to his face. The guy has caramel brown hair, his fringe stopping just right over his eye brows. The guy looked so pretty and the sight of him had calmed her nerves.

      "It's okay. No harm done", I told him, I managed to let out.

      He gave me a shy smile as he bent down to pick up my schedule that I had no idea that I dropped before giving it to me.

      "Thanks", I smiled.

      "First day of school? You seem so lost".

      I nodded. "Yeah, I just moved in to the neighborhood yesterday".

      "Then, welcome to Seoul High", he welcomed me. 

      "Thank you", I beamed.

      "Oh! I nearly forgot.  I'm Taemin. Lee Taemin", he introduced himself holding his hand out.

      "I'm Nam Soojin", I said shaking his hand.

      "Nice to meet you, Soojin-ssi", he greeted.

      “Just call me Soojin”.

      “Oh, sure”, he chuckled.

      I chuckled back, my eyes scanning over every single features on his face.

      He is not a vampire. I could tell.

      "I have to go now. Class is about to start", he told me.

      I bowed to him in response. "Sure. See ya".

      He bowed back. "Bye", he started to walk away.

      I turned around to go to the other way then I stopped as another thought invaded my mind. I immediately turned around.

      "Taemin!" I called.

      He turned around slinging his bag over his shoulders. "Yeah?"

      "Could you help me find my classroom? I don't know where it is", I asked.

      "Sure. What class are you?" he asked me.

      “Uhmm…”  I took my schedule out to take a look." Class 3-A".

      "Oh! We're in the same class”.

      "Really?"

      "Yeah, class is about to start. Come on! Let's go". He gestured me to follow him and so I did. But then the school bell rang so… I don’t know if he notices what he is doing, but he grabbed my wrist as he pulls me along with a sprint to our classroom and we got there just in time.

      We later arrived in front of our class after the second ringing of the school bell, officially signaling the start of the school day. We stopped exactly in front of the door and Taemin opened the door for me.

      "You go first", I told him lowering my head.

      He only smiled and entered the room first gesturing me to follow him. I slowly followed behind him hiding my face from class.

      "Taemin!" I heard a girl call.

      Taemin stopped and waved at her."Sulli, hi!" he greeted as he made his way towards her giving her a high five. 

      "How are you? I haven't seen you in a while", she asked him.

      "Still alive and well.  How was your vacation? We missed you".

      "It’s fine. I’m sorry that I had to go. It was really an emergency but it later turned out as a vacation too".

      I watched as Taemin’s happy face turned to worry. "How's your mother?"

      "She's still in the hospital. The doctor said that she’ll be having checkups every week to keep an eye on her condition".

      Taemin frowned as he gave her a pat on the shoulder. "I'm so sorry for what happened".

      "It's okay. She's going to get better for sure", she sighed.

      Taemin immediately approached her to give her a short caring hug. That was when Sulli later spotted me and pulled away.

      "Oh, hi there", she greeted me.

      "H-Hi", I shyly reply.

      I saw a spark of realization in Taemin’s eyes; probably the realization that he forgot about me for the past few seconds. "Oh, right! I almost forgot. Sulli, this is Soojin. Soojin, this is Sulli", Taemin introduced.

      "Pleased to meet you" I greeted with another bow.

      "Soojin's a new student. I kinda bumped into her a while ago ", Taemin chuckled as he scratched his head.

      "Did you apologize to her?" Sulli asked.

      "He already did", I told her.

      "Oh, alright. Welcome to Seoul High by the way", she said.

      "Thanks”, I shrugged.

      "You haven't found a seat yet, right? Come sit beside me". She patted the chair right beside her.

      I nodded, placing my bag on the table before taking a seat.

      Sulli did the same thing as well before she turned to Taemin and patted the other seat beside me. Taemin smiled and took hid sit.

      Seconds later, the teacher came in and greeted the class.

      "You may sit down", she said.

      We all obediently sat down without a word watching her as she made her way to the front of the classroom.

      "According to our principal we have a new student in our class. May I ask her to stand up please?"

      As soon as she announced, everyone in the classroom looked around to see the so-called new girl.

      I covered my face with my book. I was too shy to do it. I’m not actually that good with speaking in front of many people.

      Then I felt someone nudge my arm. It was Sulli.

      "Go on. You can do it. Just introduce yourself", she told me. I shook my head in return.

      She looked over my shoulder. “Taemin”.

      “Yeah?”

      “A little help", she said.

      Without another word, he stood up and pointed at me. "She's over here, Ms. Choi".

      Ms. Choi turned to him then looked at me. A smile reached her lips. I turned to Taemin and hit his arm.

      "Ow! What was that for?" he yelped nursing his arm.

      "Welcome to Seoul High, young lady. Do you mind coming here to introduce yourself to your dear classmates?" Ms. Choi chuckled.

      I silently nodded before walking to the front of the whole class.

      "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Nam Soojin. I've been living in America since age of three and I just came back yesterday. I don’t know much about how life is here in Korea yet so please take care of me", I bowed. 

      "Annyeonghaseyo!" everyone in class greeted but I could only do as much as holding my head down. I was afraid that I might meet eyes with a Red Vampire.

      "Okay, class. Any questions?" I heard Ms. Choi ask as she stood beside me. One of them raised their hands. “Yes, Hyuk”.

      "How is life like in America?"

      "It's alright although I prefer Korea because it’s cleaner and it feels more like home", I answered.

      Another one raised her hand, waiting for Ms. Choi to acknowledge it before asking. "Do you speak English?"

      I shrugged. "Not really fluent".

      "Do you have any talents?"

      "I sing but I'm not that great".

      "Well, why don’t you sing for us and we’ll be the judge", one let out. Everyone nodded in agreement. 

      I could only let out a chuckle as I shook my head. “Maybe next time”.

      "Alright. Last Question?" Ms. Choi asked scanning the room for any raised hands. Then, one of them finally raised their hand. "Yes, Jiyeon".

      The mentioned person lowered her hand. "Your surname is Nam right?", she asked.

      I nodded.

      "By any chance, are you related to Nam Woohyun?" she asked.

      Everyone immediately turned back to me expectantly once more.

      I gave them a smile. "Yes, Woohyun is my older brother".

      Hearing my response, the class let out amazed reactions.

      "Wah~ So that's why I noticed something about you in the first place", Jiyeon let out.

      "So how is Woohyun like?" a classmate of mine asked.

      "Is he a good brother?"

      "Is he really that smart?"

      I looked around not knowing what to say but luckily I was saved by our teacher.

      "Class, please. Ms. Soojin is new here. Don't pile too many questions on her on her first day", Ms. Choi told them.

      "Yes, Ms. Choi..." they replied.

      She thanked them and faced me with a smile. "Okay, Miss Soojin. Let me introduce myself. I'm Ms. Gina Choi and I'm the adviser of this class. I will also be your English teacher, okay?"

      "Yes. Ma'am", I nodded.

      "Alright, you may take your sit", she told me and so I went back to my seat.

      "Okay, class. Open your books to page 81. Today we'll be studying abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter