The Great Sibling Reunion

Those Amethyst Eyes [Former Title: United Because of You]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THREE

The Great Sibling Reunion

 

13 YEARS LATER

SOOJIN

 

   That was my history, everyone.  Too much for my young age, right?

   It was really hard for me that I had to be separated from my mother and brother at such a young age. Right now, I'm slowly starting to forget how life with a mother and brother was.

   I even forgot how Woohyun looked like. All I remembered was his kindness and his care for me. It's all because of the beautiful gift that he has given to me.

   Ever since we left Seoul for America, Dad was the only one who took care of me. He cooked our food, took me to school, tucked me in bed and worked for the both of us. All was mostly done by him.

   But now he's gone.

   He recently died from cancer and I never knew about it at first. Somehow, I was mad at him because he took good care of my health more than his own. I just wished he took care of his better.

   Right now, I'm at the age of 16. I'm not old enough to take care of myself yet as that was what the authorities stated so now, I had no choice but to live with mom and brother once more.

   I felt happy that I'll be living with them again but at the same time I also felt scared. I haven't seen them for so long now and the vampire incident hadn't gone out of my mind yet. 

   What if those vampires still exist? What if they come after me again?

 

   "Miss? Miss", someone called.

   I opened my eyes to find the flight attendant standing beside my seat.

   "The plane has landed, Miss", she told me. I looked around the plane. I was the only one left inside it. I immediately gave her a smile and stood up to get my stuff from the overhead compartment. Before leaving the plane, I turned to her and bowed as I said my thanks.

   By the time I came out of the gate, I was met by a lady taller than me. She has milky white skin just like mine, midnight black hair and attractive brown eyes.

   “Uhmm, Hi”, I smiled, taking a look at the cardboard in her hands only to find my name written on it.

   My eyes widened and my head snapped up to take a good look at her. "Mom?!"

   The smile on her face brightened as she nodded. "Hello, Soojin".

   I felt so...GREAT! I finally saw her again. Oh, I missed her so much that I just had to hug her with all my might.

   "I missed you so much!" I let out and I felt her hug me back.

   "I missed you too, dear", she giggled.

    I pulled away and looked behind her, looking for a certain someone I was also expecting to be there.

   "Where's, Woohyun?" I asked when I saw that he was nowhere to be found.

   "Oh! Yeah”. Mom placed a hand on my shoulder. “He's too busy with school today so he couldn't come. Sorry", she apologized.

   “It’s okay”. You think I’m okay with him not being there, right? Well, of course I felt down. I honestly really wanted to see him right here in this very airport but I guess he’s busy. I guess I’ll be seeing him at home later then.

   "Aigoo. My daughter has grown up. What a BEAUTIFUL young lady", she sighed.

   Her words brought a smile to my lips and slowly turned around. "Pretty as you are, Mom".

   Her smile glowed brightly. She then reached out and took my stuff away from my hands and told me to follow her. Later on, we arrived in front of a shiny black van. It was uher car and we both got in and drove off.

   It didn’t take long till we later arrive in front of an old but beautiful house and it was the very same house I used to live in. It still looks the same. Just the way I like it.

   "Home", I sighed. Then, I heard mom’s chuckle.

   I turned around to find her blooming under the sun. Her beauty really stands out under the sun rays as how it always did. And with it, her warmth and motherly self could be seen.

   Oh, and did I mention that Blue Vampires can expose themselves under the sun just like normal people? Sorry for late info.

   "Is it okay?" my mom asked me as she eyed the house standing strong right in front of her.

   I nodded. "It’s perfect. Just how I want it to be. Gosh, I missed this place a lot".

   Both of us went in and just as she opened the door, the familiar smell of home met my nose and I took a deep breath as my whole body cooed at the feeling of finally coming back home.

   I looked around the apartment and I found myself in awe. The outside may look the same but the inside was completely different. Either way, it is still home and it felt homier to me.

   "Come, I'll show you to your room", Mom gestured towards the stairs then both of us went up to the first floor. Then I was met with the still so clean hallway, our photos still hanging there are usual.

   I was busy scanning every single photo that was hung in the hallway when Mom stopped to unlock the door to my room. She entered it first carrying my stuff in with her. I was about to follow her when flashbacks of the attack suddenly attacked my mind that I staggered back a bit, leaning onto the wall for support.

   While I try to calm myself down, Mom stepped out of the room. "Soojin”, she called, “Come in! Your room looks--". Then, she stopped, her eyes filled with worry as she observed my every move."Soojin, are you okay?" she asked.

   No, I’m not.

   Yet I lied and nodded my head instead.

   However, Mom didn’t seem to buy it. "What's wrong? By any chance...were you thinking about the---".

   "I'm alright, Mom. I-It's nothing. It wasn't about it", I told her but heck, it is what I was thinking about, every single part of the memory replaying in my mind. I looked up at her to see her face plastered with total worry.

   "It is, isn't it?” she said, “Soojin, it's okay. I--"

   "No, it isn't, Mom", I whined and unaware of my actions, I entered the room. That was when I froze at the sight of it, my shoulders very tense.

   As I saw the room, I lost every single bit of the fear that I felt early and my shoulders no longer tense. The room felt so peaceful and the bad memory seemed to have faded, like it was erased.  

   The room now had a different vibe and it was enough to calm me down, thinking that maybe it was about time to let those memories slide away. The room looked completely different.

    Mom came in seconds later and patted my shoulder.

   "Why don't you go out for fresh air while I fix your stuff?" she suggested and I nodded with a small smile on my face. "Alright. You can go", she said. 

   And I started walking but right before I make my way down the stairs, she spoke up once more.

   "But make sure to come back before dark", she added.

   I turned around and gave her a questioning look. "Is there something wrong? Y-Your tone is kind of scaring me at the moment”, I told her. “Why should I come back before dark?”

   "Because that is when the Red Vampires hunt for blood", she said in a serious tone."Ever since the realm separated into two groups, every Red Vampire has been living with a curse--They will NOT be able to go out under the sun ever again unless the one who cursed them gets rid of the curse".

   I gulped. "What happens if they go under the sun?"

   "They either receive burns or die".

   I couldn't say anything else and only nodded. I started to walk out of the room and headed for the stairs. As I exit the house, I looked back to see mom watching me from my window with a worried smile on her face.

   "Mom!"  I called and waved with a smile.

   I could clearly see her giggle as she waves back.

   I waved back again and finally took off to roam around the streets of Seoul with her words still running through my head.

   Now I'm checking out random parts in Seoul. So far, I’ve learned that Korea's such a great country. The people, their hairstyle, their outfits, and their stuff. They are SO my type.

   And guess what? P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter