TO: Cookiestriedtoeatme - BxG

VIXX ST✰RLIGHT Secret Santa 2017 // 10.03 UPDATE

Title of Gift: Three's A Crowd

Pairings: N x Mia (OC) / Leo x Mia (OC)

Number of Words: 3, 464

Genre: Romance, Comedy

Warnings: None

Note to my Giftee: Merry Christmas CrumblingDown! I hope you enjoy this oneshot! I'm Leo biased myself so if you'd like another ending, feel free to let me know. - Rose
 


 

Three's A Crowd


You looked up at the building in awe. Compared to the many others you saw over the week you were in Seoul, this one was absolute heaven. The area was decent, the streets were clean and the building itself did not look as though one wrong move would collapse the structure into nothing more than a pile of useless rubble.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" you asked a one Mr Kim, your current real estate agent. Although you were weary of the...strange air the man carried, at that point in time you could hardly bring yourself to dislike the man who brought you to this place.

"Of course~" the forty-something-year-old practically sang as he led the way inside. "The apartment is nearer to the rooftop but not to worry~ there is an elevator!" the cheap suited man directed with a seedy grin.

"Ah." you replied but all you could concentrate on was how smooth the elevator operated. Were you dreaming? Was it really possible for you to move into such an apartment block on your budget?

Getting off on the appropriate floor, Mr Kim continued his tour, explaining how most of the occupants in the apartment block operated with unnerving detail. Quickly entering the passcode into the lastest system into what seemed to be apartment four-zero-one, you were swiftly ushered into the apartment and removed your shoes to promptly be rendered speechless at your new surroundings.

The longer you looked around, the more apparent it became that there were two people who lived there; most likely men considering the overwhelming lack of feminine finishings present in the apartment. Though it seemed as though they were as different as night and day, the decor did not seem at odds with each other and instead; seemed to complement the other to create an almost comfortable air about the place. The other thing that you immediately noted was how expensive everything seemed to be. Your keen eyes spotted a few items and brands you came across in a few lifestyle magazines only just last month. Whatever it was the two occupants seemed to do for a living it was obvious that the word 'budget' was not in their vocabulary.

It was only then you seemed to remember that their things were still present. Was that not strange? Surely the owners should have moved out by now, considering you were willing to move in as soon as next week?

Facing the estate agent, your eyebrows furrowed. "Are the owners planning to move out soon? Their things are still here."

Mr Kim merely gave a chuckle. "No need to worry Mia dear!" the man responded with a blase wave of his hand. "The current owners are away on holiday. They've assured me they'll be back in time to move their things."

You nodded after a moment. "That makes sense. And you're sure this is within the budget I gave you?" you asked again, still unable to believe your luck after the week you had.

"Like a hand in a glove!" the man replied with a twinkle in his eye. "Count yourself lucky, I just stumbled across this place earlier this week. Now, how about I give you the full tour?"

Before you could even agree, the strange estate agent continued giving you an elaborate tour. The rest of the apartment was even more impressive than you were initially led to believe. It came with two decent sized bedrooms and a third the current occupants used as a storage room. The possibilities for having your friends and family staying over seemed endless. The open plan kitchen promised many dinner parties and the living room, many viewing parties to come.

Try as you might to find a reason not to sign the lease, they were all but erased by the time you finished the tour.

"Well then, where do I sign?" you grinned, you could not wait to call your parents with the good news.


*


A Week Later:

From the moment you signed the lease, life had taken a busy turn. In between ensuring all of your stuff was indeed being moved from the storage unit you were temporarily hiring to packing every article of clothing you had into every suitcase and bag you owned, you barely came up for air.

Before you knew it, you were back in front of the impressive and slightly intimidating apartment block, still unable to believe that you had such a of luck. Though you were lugging around your quite sizeable suitcase, the weight of it could barely bring down your good mood.

You hummed along with the radio that played the latest popular music in the elevator on the way up; almost vibrating with excitement the higher you went.

Quickly punching in the code Mr Kim had delievered to you via text message, you entered the apartment with a grin on your face. Though it faltered the moment you saw all of the previous owners' furniture was still present, you simply assumed that it was in the process of being moved out. Plopping yourself down on the couch, you sighed pleasantly.

"Home sweet home!" you announced with an excited little squeal and threw yourself lengthwise onto the couch.

"Excuse me, what are you doing here?" a male voice politely asked, concern lacing his words.

Eyes widened, you shot up from your seat to find two men staring at you from across the room. One was tanned, casually yet expensively dressed and his dark hair only carried the faintest hint of being styled. The other was pale, taller than his companion and his hair was still damp from his shower. His shower. Your heart stopped. It was then you noticed he was only dressed in a pair of jogging pants.

"Ah!" you screamed, immediately shutting your eyes and turned around to fan your very warm cheeks.

"Taekwoon put on a shirt, you're scarying her." the first male advised, half amused at the incident.

You were unsure of what the second male said since his voice sounded barely above a whisper but he did not sound impressed.

"It's safe to look now." the man chuckled. His laugh was pleasant and even if he were laughing at you, which he was not, you were not sure if you would mind in the slightest. "We weren't expecting guests so early." he explained.

You gave a nod and gave a coy peek over your shoulder to ensure that the other man was indeed gone before turning around fully and fell back down onto the couch from sheer exhaustion.

"I'm Hakyeon and my friend is Taekwoon. Before you explain, would you like a cup of coffee? It seems like you have a story to tell since you hardly strike me as the type of woman who randomly walks into strange men's apartments." he added teasingly.

"Mia." you introduced, almost choking your name out. "Coffee sounds great - though I'm not sure who of us needs it more." you replied and both of you shared a chuckle.

Before Hakyeon finished preparing coffee for all three of you, Taekwoon had come back and the air had switched from one of relative ease to opressively awkward. The man was so deathly silent, that you were unsure if he was angry or not. You only saw the crown of his head and though you had to admit that he had amazing hair, you would prefer to see his face that you now vaguely recalled as handsome.


*


"So that's what happened..." Hakyeon responded, nodding his head in an understanding manner.

"Isn't it obvious that you were scammed?" though you strained to hear Taekwoon's soft words, you were no less shocked to hear his blunt words.

"Well...not really..." you bashfully replied. Thinking back on it now, you were so excited to live somewhere that did not seem to be a health hazard that you could only jump at the chance to sign your name on the dotted line. You had to admit it though, it was too good to be true.

"How much did you pay him exactly?" the tanned male asked, unlike his friend, he did not seem to carry the same judgemental air.

If you were an anime character, you were sure a large sweatdrop would have appeared over your head.

"The deposit plus first month's rent...heh..." your face burned with embarassment. You could only imagine what your parents would say when you told them.

You must have missed your cheerful companion's reply because Hakyeon suddenly swatted the other man on his arm.

"I know it's not ideal but since you technically did pay to live here...you can stay if you'd like?" Hakyeon offered and you were willing to bet the fumes in your bank account that the man was an angel. Was it even possible for one person to be so kind and nice and handsome?

"Really?!" you jumped up from your chair in elation and immediately gathered yourself enough to bow deeply to the pair. "Thank you so much!"

Hakyeon smiled and the only name you could come up for Taekwoon's expression was 'shell shock'.

"Don't thank us yet. There's still the issue of where you'll stay. Taekwoon?" and by the way their exchanges seemed to go, you assumed Hakyeon was older.

Whatever it seemed the older male asked, Taekwoon was not having it.

"No." as nice as his voice sounded, considering everything you heard from him up until now made you even more weary, you would hold that sentiment.

"It was worth a try." Hakyeon sighed dramatically. "Mia, feel free to take my room. It'll take a while to fully convert the other one so I hope you don't mind." he offered.

"Oh I couldn't. I'll just-" you were interrupted by Taekwoon abruptly getting up from his armchair and shuffled his slippered feet towards what you assumed was his bedroom.

Your attention was once again captured by Hakyeon's laugh. After wondering what on earth he would be laughing about, you realized that his little plan worked. You would indeed be receiving Taekwoon's room.

"Don't worry about him. He's just shy." Hakyeon explained with the dying breaths of his laugh.

Though your new roomate seemed like a reliable and trustworthy man, his latest statement seemed like a tough pill to swallow. Many words came to your mind when you thought of Taekwoon but not one of them were 'shy'.


*


It had been a handful of months since you moved in and at times, you were not sure if it was for the better. One the one hand, you discovered that Hakyeon's words proved true (of course it did) and that Taekwoon was not only shy but deeply embarrassed about what occurred the first day you met. On the other, he had strange habits that drove you insane. For one, he never seemed to share his food even though he seemed to remove any evidence of your cooking when it was your turn. Hakyeon however; remained as helpful and cheerful as he did when you first met. You found it incredibly difficult to be either cool or gloomy in his ever bright presence.

Which was exactly why you were smiling like an idiot at midnight. It was one of those nights where you could not sleep no matter how you tried and getting up to get a glass of water, you stumbled upon your older roomate sitting at the living room table surrounded by glasses the size of shot glasses, chopsticks, various bottles and what looked like a portable stove.

"This is quite the set-up." you commented light-heartedly and moved closer to figure out just what Hakyeon was doing.

"I've been discovered." Hakyeon sighed dramatically and then turned to grin up at you, offering you a seat next to him. "Work keeps me busy, so this is the only time I get to do this." he explained and you could only admire the relaxed expression that graced his features.

"I should've guessed you would be into something so artsy! It suits you." you complimented with a smile.

"Someone has to make sure the bathroom's candle supply doesn't run out since you seem to like them so much." the man teased as he gave you careful directions on how to pour the now liquid wax into the glass with prepared wicks.

"Sorry about that." you bashfully replied as you carefully worked, shooting your roomate an apologetic grin. "They just smelled so good and they're pretty too."

"Well when you say such things, I can't really be mad at you now can I?" his pleasant laugh filled the room. "How about helping me finish these?"

As you were about to reply, you reached for the lavander essential oil bottle only to find Hakyeon's hand brush yours. Though your face flushed and your eyes darted to the table's surface, neither of you moved your hands.

"I'd like that." your soft voice nearly squeaked in reply.

Though both you and your roomate were completely sleep deprived husks the next morning, your smiles were wider than ever.


*


Work was keeping you busier than ever and you could not even remember the last time you were in time for dinner with your two roomates. In fact, you were all so busy the only time you were all guaranteed to be at the same place at the same time was on your group chat. You became so used to Hakyeon and Taekwoon, you found that you missed their antics and banter.

It was becoming colder by the day and you wrapped your coat further around your body as you waited at the bus stop, calmly watching random people pass by.

Lost in your thoughts, you were alarmed when you heard the hooter of a car and looked to see Taekwoon leaning over to the passenger side of his sleek SUV, his face questioning. Although you were constantly reminded of how handsome he was, at that moment he looked as though he may as well have been the male lead in that one drama you were currently watching.

Shaking your head to rid your thoughts, you quickly approached the car.

"What are you doing here?" you asked, perplexed.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? You missed the last bus half an hour ago." his quiet voice stated in that deadpan way of his.

"Huh?" your head cocked in confusion, surely it was not that late.

Making a noise in his throat, Taekwoon quickly whipped out his smartphone and within a few clicks, held out his phone for you to see. Looking at the time on his clock and then at the website of the transport provider, you saw that you really had missed the last bus for the day.

"Oh!" you replied. "I best be getting home then. See you!" you greeted with a quick bow before walking away.

Taekwoon gave a heavy sigh and opened the door closest to you. "We live in the same apartment don't we? Get in." he said simply.

Taken aback and face aflush, you gingerly climb in, carefully buckling yourself in. You would be lying if you said you were not at least a tiny bit excited to be driving with Taekwoon. His music choice was impeccable as well only adding to the smile that was already on your face.

As you past the third coffee shop, an idea popped into your head.

"Do you mind stopping?" you asked and though your driving companion had yet to speak, you could feel his questioning gaze on you. "Why don't we get coffee? My treat for taking me home tonight." you offered hopefully.

You were surprised when you saw a faint smile grace your roomate's lips as he parallel parked the car at the nearest cafe.

As you walked together into the half-empty cafe, you noticed that unlike the many times you were out with your shy roomate, this time he was close as he could physically be without outright being on top of you. His warmth and comforting silent presence was more than welcome.

When you entered, Taekwoon politely placed a hand on your lower back, gently guiding you to the counter, your face burning from the unsual affectionate gesture.

"Cafe Latte right?" you asked as you browsed the menu board and you laughed at his surprised expression.

"We live together, of course I know what you like." you cheeked with a chuckle. "Do you want to get us a table in the mean time?"

You stared up at your roomate, who currently decided to stare at the wooden panels of the floor. "I'll stay with you." if you did not know him for as long as you did, you would have missed his reply.

With two pairs of burning cheeks and a hand that had yet to leave you, you both almost miss the jovial greeting of your barista asking you what you would like to order.


*


Christmas was fast approaching your little apartment and though the atmosphere was as cheerful as ever, there was an underlying tension that became ever more apparent. You were not totally oblivious as to what it was about, but you were conflicted as well. The more time you spent with both the more difficult it became to decide who you liked better.

Currently, it was just you and Taekwoon on the couch watching some random variety show. Hakyeon had left earlier, citing that he had personal errands to run which was obviously his Christmas shopping you were not supposed to know about.

You quietly munched on the snack Taekwoon offered you earlier. As good as it was, you could not help but feel dazed at the fact that he was actually sharing it with you.

"Do you have someone you like?" he asked quietly, his tone so blase that it only served to freak you out even further.

"No-one in particular." is what you would have said if you had the sense to get yourself together but you did not. What you blurted out instead was: "I like you."

The room went deathly silent, even with the television on in the background. As you swiftly got up to clean the mess you unintentially created, you attempted to rationalize your answer. Though you never meant to say it, on some level it had to be true right? You would compare Taekwoon to a black hole, once you came to even remotely tolerate him you suddenly became in from everything to his shy laughter that would show the spectacular crown of his head to his gentle love for children and all animals.

Still, it did not ease the embarrassment you felt and you promptly made to leave the room. Or you would have if not for the fact that Taekwoon now had a firm yet gentle grip on your wrist.

"I thought...I thought you liked Hakyeon." he admitted, his eyes ocassionaly meeting yours.

"Why do you think that?" you asked, trying to mentally recall an incident where that would be obvious.

"Well you're always laughing together and he's kinder to you." Taekwoon explained and it only served to confused you further.

"That doesn't mean I like him more. He's just more outgoing than you are that's all." you replied kindly, giving him one of those rare eyelighting smiles.

"So you like me?" he asked as if he had been hard of hearing earlier.

"I do!" now with more confidence, you removed yourself from his grip, grabbed the little green and red plant from the nearby table, raced to Taekwoon and held it up as far as you could. "Merry Christmas!" you cheekily wished.

Though Taekwoon's cheeks turned an impossible shade of red, his grin rivaled the Cheshire Cat's, showing of his white teeth and the crinkles at the corner of his beautiful brown eyes, in a rare burst of confidence he lowered your outstretched arm and planted his lips against your own. His kiss, chaste though it was, was the sweetest and most loving one you ever had. His tall and broad form providing a warm and protective embrace.

"Merry Christmas Mia." Taekwoon said once he pulled away, a smile permanently lighting up his features. "There's a Christmas market downtown, do you want to go?"

"Like a date?" you asked, your tone sounding as hopeful as his.

Your heart raced when your question received a nod.

"Let's go!" you answered with a little shout and you just missed the sigh of relief Taekwoon gave.

As your unofficial boyfriend wrapped his scarf - that was laced with his fragrant cologne - around your neck, you could only think that instead of dragging the illustrious Mr Kim to the nearest police station, you would rather take him out for a drink as thanks.