Daehyun

After Ever After

You let out a slight groan as your eyes began to flutter open. The morning sunlight streamed in through the window, waking you from your deep slumber. You shuffled under the covers a bit as your mind was slowly grasping the situation. As your blurry vision began to fade, you sat up straight and stretched your arms wide over your head, letting out a yawn in the process.

    “Looks like someone’s finally awake.” You looked over to see Daehyun leaning against the doorframe. His soft hair was a total mess and he was just strutting a simple gray tank top and black boxer shorts. A playful smirk graced his lips as he came and sat on the bedside. 

    “Hey,” You rubbed one eye as you gave him a peck on the cheek. “Why are you up so early?” You flashed him a sleepy smile, which caused him to grin as well.

    “It’s actually noon, and I got hungry…” You playfully rolled your eyes at him as you rested your messy bed-head on his shoulder.

    “I should have known. There is only one thing that Jung Daehyun would ever get out of bed for. Food.” You chuckled, as he sent you a playful glare.

    “Yah. That’s not true. I get up for two things. Food and you.” He nodded with confident affirmation that caused you to giggle. 

    “Well now that you’ve got me up, why don’t we make some food?” You looked up at him and flashed him a toothy grin. 

    “Sure,” He got up from the bed and ruffled your hair before heading towards the bedroom door. “But are you sure you can walk after last night?” He sent you a devilish smirk as he wiggled his eyebrows. Your cheeks burned a fiery red.

    “Yah! Daehyun, if you say stuff like that I’m gonna kick your !” You threw a pillow at him but missed, causing him to let out his signature laugh.

    “Nah, you wouldn’t do that. You love this booty too much.” He wiggled his in the doorway. You threw another pillow and this time you hit his tushy, which only caused him to laugh even more. 

    You let out a sigh as he left the room. You sometimes questioned how you could stand this man-child sometimes. You wrapped yourself up in your sheets to cover your body and padded across the floor to your dresser. Along the way you gently kicked aside your dress and his suit that were sprawled across the bedroom floor so that you could wash them after your breakfast/lunch. You washed up then rummaged through your dresser to find your favorite stay at home outfit. A pair of loose running shorts and one of Daehyun’s large T-shirts that you ‘borrowed.’ You quickly gave yourself a once over in your dresser’s mirror just to make sure you didn’t look like a complete haggard mess, when you noticed a gleam coming from your ring finger on your left hand.

    Your eyes softened at the sight of the simple silver band with a fairly large diamond placed neatly at the center, an engraving on the back of the band ‘Always And Forever.’ Your brain had yet to process what your reality had become. It felt too much like a dream. Unreal. You were even tempted to pinch yourself to make sure that you weren’t in some lala fantasy land that your mind had just conjured up. You playfully jostled the ring around your finger, a innocent child-like grin on your face. You loved how it glimmered under the sunlight. Memories of last night began pouring into your head. The walk down the aisle. The cheers and hoots from friends and family. The vows and I do’s. Everything was beginning to solidify in your mind. 

    “Seems like a drama right?” You felt strong arms wrap around your waist as Daehyun rested his chin on your shoulder. “I can’t believe that I’m married to the most perfect girl in the entire world.” He kissed your temple before happily humming to himself. You scoffed at his cheesy compliment.

    “I can’t believe I’m married to Mr. Jung Daehyun. King of high notes, beautiful lips, and cheesecake.” You smirked causing him to purse his lips and playfully bite your cheek. 

    “Well since you’re Mrs. Jung then that means you’re the queen.” He grinned and nuzzled into your neck.

    “Dae, you’ve heard me attempt high notes...if anything I’m the queen of the wailing seals.” At that, Daehyun began bursting into nearly uncontrollable laughter. He felt so happy, so lucky. Like he had the entire world in the palm of his hands and he couldn’t ask for more. 

    “I love you, Yeobo.” He placed a soft kiss on the nape of your neck. Yeobo. He liked the sound of it as it rolled off his tongue.

    “I know. That’s why you married me right?” You flashed him a cheeky smile.

    “Yah. I’m trying to be romantic here.” He pinched your cheek. You chuckled and gently patted his cheek to comfort him. 

    “I love you too, hubby,” He squeezed you tighter at the sound of ‘hubby.’ “Now let’s go make, breakfast-lunch-whatever before we starve to death.” You tapped his nose before releasing yourself from his grip and headed towards the kitchen.

    You began stirring the batter as Daehyun began cutting fruit. You glanced over at your hubby as he was glaring at the fruits in front of him. He wanted to make cute shapes out of the fruit: stars, hearts, diamonds, etc. But the fruit was not having it today. An endearing smile snuck it’s way on your lips. You couldn’t believe that you would wake up almost everyday of your life to this. 

    “How’s it going?” Daehyun had quit his endeavors with the stupid fruit and decided to check on what you were doing instead. 

    “Hmmm, the batter taste fine to me, but what do you think?” You dipped the spoon in the batter and lifted it up so Daehyun could have a taste. He took a quick and scrunched up his face in contemplation.

    “It tastes pretty good. Here, taste it again just to make sure.” He took the spoon from your hand and placed in front of you. You opened your mouth wide, expecting delicious vanilla pancake batter to invade your tastebuds, but instead you had a smear of the sticky goo across your face.

    “JUNG DAEHYUN!” You shrieked as Daehyun laughed his little off, smacking the countertop at how hilarious you looked. “Oh it’s on mister!” You glared at him as you took another spoon and flung some batter at his face. He stared at you wide-eyed for a moment before a devilish smirk appeared as he grabbed a handful of strawberries. You two were quite the fruity battery mess after the food fight was over. “You can be so immature sometimes.” You shook your head in dismay as the two of you slumped down against the kitchen drawers.

    “Ha! Say’s the girl who shoved blueberries down my pants.” He scoffed. You two playfully glared at each other until both of your realized how ridiculous the two of you looked. Both covered in pancake batter and dyed with different colored stains of fruit. 

    “We should go take a shower,” You chuckled and tenderly wiped away the batter that hid Daehyun’s signature mole under his eye. “Then we’ll have a normal breakfast/lunch.”

    “Haha, deal,” He helped you off the kitchen floor, pulling a piece of kiwi out of your hair. “But no fruit scented shampoos.” He held your hand tightly as the two of you headed towards the master bedroom.

    “Aww, but I got this new blueberry condit-” He quickly turned around and glared at you. “Haha I was just kidding.” He rolled his eyes before turning on the hot water and removing his clothes as you undressed yourself.

    After your guys’s cozy shower, you opted to spend the day lounging about on your living room couch watching dramas. Daehyun had been getting really into them lately and since he now had some free time he wanted to catch up on them with you. After all, it was the day after your wedding and what better way to spend it than being lazy. As he was immersed in the love story between Suzy and Woobin, you were busy flipping through hotspots to visit during your honeymoon. 

    “I can’t believe it, one week with Jung Daehyun all to myself.” You stretched yourself across his lap, flailing about with joy and excitement for you honeymoon that began tomorrow.

    “I wish it were longer.” He looked down slightly apologetic. You pursed your lips and poked the wrinkled that began to form between his eyebrows.

    “A week is more than enough. Especially since you’re mine until death do we part.” You grinned causing his mood to brighten a bit. Daehyun was a huge kpop star. You were glad that you even got a honeymoon in the first place. And the boys, being as sweet as they were, made sure that work was the last thing on both of your guys’s mind.

    “We are definitely going to the hotsprings right?” Daehyun paused the drama and glanced at the spots you were looking at on your Ipad.

    “I think if we didn’t go to a hot springs while we were in Japan then I’d be committing a class A felony.” You joked as you favorited some websites you deemed helpful. 

    “And I would be committing a crime not seeing you in a yukata.” He smirked at you as he leaned down to place a kiss on your lips.

    “Well I wouldn’t want my husband to be arrested, do I?” You cocked an eyebrow and flashed a snarky grin.

    “Unless you’re the arresting officer,” He wiggled his eyebrows causing you to snort and slap his chest lightly. “Now back to the serious business, we have to go see the cherry blossoms bloom while we’re there.” You leaned the Ipad towards him so he could enlarge one of the picture to show you. 

    “Of course. You were pretty adamant about that when we decided to go to Japan for our honeymoon.” You chuckled and continued to scroll through the other websites. Daehyun’s expression softened as he he gently lifted your chin so you would look up at him. He stared into your eyes and all you saw was love and adoration. 

    “Remember some of the debut interviews I had? I said that my dream date would be to watch cherry blossoms with the girl I love. Well now you’re here so I do believe it would only be right if I made that dream come true.” He caressed your cheek, memorizing every curve and dip. Your heart swelled. Sometimes Daehyun could be the most silliest little dork in the entire world and sometimes he could just be this. Sweet, lovable, endearing. You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. The kiss was soft, sweet, and tender. No steamy make outs or anything. Just kisses filled with a lot of love and heart. Once the two of you separated, he flashed you his signature grin before pecking your lips one more time. 

    “You got it, Mr. Jung.” You winked at him. He chuckled and tenderly removed a loose strand of hair from your face. 

    “I look forward to it Mrs. Jung.” He pecked your lips one more time before the two of you went back to planning your honeymoon.