Chapter 1

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked into the school campus and stood by the entrance and smiled. This was a new school which meant a new beginning for me. No one here knew about me or about my secret so I wouldn’t be bullied or accused of being a witch. No this was a new beginning with a different outcome than the other outcomes I’ve had from my other new beginnings. Everything was going to go well this time around. I began walking towards the entrance of the school building while looking around. All the other students entered the campus with their friends laughing and talking. As I kept looking around I could see the athletic students already practicing and I smiled even more. I kept looking around me not paying any attention in front of me and I ended up bumping into someone. My arm touched the person’s arm and I suddenly out.

 

An older man in a white gown enters a room that looks like a hospital room. He walks towards a handsome young man with black hair who is laying on a bed asleep. The man placed a cloth on the boy’s mouth and the student wearing the same uniform as I tried to escape but eventually laid back down unconscious.

“I’m sorry Jungkook.” The older man said as he sighed deeply before standing up straight again. The man closed the curtain around the student and placed a sign on the curtain that said, “ill patient”. Then a girl came in and complained about a stomach ache. The guy pulled out tablets and poured a glass of water. The man gave the girl the tablets and the girl took them as she laid on the couch. The girl soon fell asleep and then I walked in as the man looks at me.

“This student is very ill. I have no bed to offer you if you are feeling ill.” The man said as he looked at me and smiled at me sincerely.

“You shouldn’t be doing this to him.” I said to the man and the man looked at me for a long time before shaking his head.

“I don’t know what you mean.” The man said and I looked at the curtain before looking at the man.

“Kidnapping him isn’t going to save your daughter. They’re not going to set her free. They’re going to use her as leverage to keep you quiet and for you to follow their orders. Putting the blame on this girl isn’t going to help you case either.” I said and the man’s smile faded before looking at the curtain behind him and then at me.

“Guess there’s no point in fooling you.” The man said before he pushed me aside and ran out the room. I chased after him and left the room as well. We ran through the crowd of students. I had lost him through the crowd.

I walked back into the clinic room and found the door open. I quickly ran inside and the curtain that was closed was now open and the male student was gone. The female student was still there and as I ran away to see if I could still find the male student or the doctor when police officers were entering the school campus. I ignored them as I kept searching for the male student but I couldn’t find him.

Later that night a photo of the male student was all over the news. He was kidnapped and the suspect for his kidnapping was the girl who was unconscious in the clinic.

 

“I’m sorry for bumping into you.” The man said as he quickly bowed before walking out of the school campus with his phone in his hand. I turned around and watched him leave before shaking my head

“There’s no way. No. It has nothing to do with me. I’m starting a new life I can’t get involved. I won’t get involved.” I said to myself before biting my lower lip and finally running straight to the clinic room. As I opened the door to the clinic the male student was on the bed like I saw. My legs felt weak as I approached the male student. He wasn’t fully asleep since he opened his eyes once he heard me walking in.

“Who are you?” The male student said in a weak and tired tone. I bit my lip before shaking my head.

“Jungkook-ssi. You shouldn’t be here right now. Why don’t you go home?” I asked him as Jungkook looked at me for a long time before shaking his head.

“I have an important test to do today. I can’t leave. I’ll just rest before school starts.” Jungkook said before closing his eyes again. I couldn’t help but feel anxious as I looked around when suddenly the door opened and I turned around. The man in the white coat came in and looked at me.

“Can I help you?” The man said and I hesitated a bit before looking at him.

“The teacher came and told me to bring Jungkook-ssi back to class. I can’t leave without him.” I said and the man looked at me for a while before nodding.

“Wait here. I’m going to go and have the office excuse him from his morning classes. I’ll come back so you can take the note to the teacher.” The man said as he walked out of the clinic I waited until he was gone and tried to think of a way to get Jungkook out of here. Suddenly the door opened again and I turned around. A tall female student with blonde hair entered the clinic and I instantly recognized her.

“Is the doctor not here? I really need something for my stomach ache.” She said as she held onto her stomach. I looked at her and then at Jungkook.

“Lay on the sofa. I’ll give you a heat pad to place on your stomach to ease the pain.” I said and the girl nodded without asking me anything. I opened a drawer where the medicine was at and I noticed a jar of tablets that I saw in my vision. I grabbed the con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter