First Chapter

Lost in Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is 6:30 in the morning, an hour and a half before my work starts. I place down the cup of coffee I ordered on the table and divert my gaze on the view outside. For the past five months, this has been my morning routine before going to the office - staying a few minutes in the coffee shop. I watch people from the window as they walk back and forth, dashing or calmly walking to the streets. I enjoy doing that while sipping in my coffee because once I get into the office, all I see is my screen monitor and piles of paperwork on my office desk.

I am not friendly. I can't even remember the last time I hang out with someone. Friends? Well, I don't really have one as I don't consider my officemates as friends. I know it's weird but that's just me. Don't judge. But I guess I had one when I was in fifth grade. Her name was...it was a name I had a hard time pronouncing, and I can't quite remember it now. 

"That would go great with this." A voice snaps me back to reality. She smiles as she places down a plate of cake on my table. 

"Hmm?" I hum in confusion as I place my gaze to her, then to the cake, and then back to her again.

She smiles wider, "Free cake?" I furrow my brows in surprise. And then she continues to explain, "I-it's not really nice to drink coffee with an empty stomach so..." She pauses for a few seconds and then her face changes as though she realized she did something so stupid. 

But she didn't. I thought it was sweet. "Ohh." I form my lips an O as I nod my head lightly and chuckle silently. "Thanks. Now I wouldn't have to worry about having a bad stomach after." She covers and chuckles. I smile at her and looks at the cake.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter