Because I Like You

Dribs and Drabs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this one-shot is dedicated to my friend Ranbow76.  We spoke about a fic surrounding Nyongtory in a more business type role ages ago, and I finally got around to writing it.  Strangely it didn't go as I originally intended to write it, it kind of wrote itself - it's not as edgy as I originally intended but I hope you like it regardless :)

_______________________

 

 

 

Seungri would never willingly admit this to anyone, but honestly, he was nervous. Excited yes, but nervous nonetheless. It was his first day at his new job, and wanting to make a good impression he made sure to get there early – only he'd gotten there far too early, an hour and ten minutes to be exact. Although he wanted to look eager, he didn't want to look that eager, so after standing contemplatively in front of the luxurious office building, he decided to pass some time in the little coffee shop he'd passed just down the street.

 

He'd only been in Seoul for 3 days, so everything was a little scary and new to him. Aside from making his new apartment liveable, he'd spent some time getting familiar with his new surroundings. Other than that he'd been preparing for his new job, making sure he was fully aware of the company and all the important people who worked there that he needed to know. First impressions mean everything, you can't change someone's first impression of you.

 

So from what little he'd managed to save from his previous job, Seungri had forked out for a suit worthy of his new job. It cost almost all his savings but he wanted to look sharp and presentable, he wanted people to notice him for all the right reasons so he wanted to make sure everything was perfect for his first day.

 

 

Just as Seungri was leaving the coffee shop though, after a couple of cups of coffee and a blueberry muffin to ensure he was alert and fully functioning; on his way out, by accident, he knocked into a beautiful rather elegantly dressed lady sending her bag and all it's contents scattering all over the floor – not to mention that the remnants of the cups she had been carrying flooded all her belongings; her make-up, purse and mobile phone amongst other possessions were swimming in a frappuccino mixed iced tea puddle.

 

Seungri looked down at the mess he'd helped make on the floor and his heart sank, he felt awful and as he looked back to the lady herself he felt even more awful as he realised that not only was the floor covered in the hot and cold beverages, but so was the beautiful lady.

 

“I'm sorry,” Seungri sheepishly apologised as he dropped down to the floor and started picking her belongings out of the messy liquidy concoction, wiping them down with a napkin before putting them back in her bag.

 

Although she was flustered and obviously annoyed, she barely seemed to pay any attention to Seungri as she snatched her bag back and continued trying to swipe down her blouse which was essentially ruined. “It's fine,” she dismissed with an overwhelming air of annoyance.

 

“I am really sorry,” he pressed further, the sincerity showing in his eyes – not that she would've noticed because she barely spared him a glance. “Let me get you some more,” he motioned to the empty cups he'd also picked up from the floor. “Its the least I can do.”

 

At this point she finally looked at him, her eyes showing her agitation at the situation, she clearly wanted to be as far away from Seungri as possible. “No thank you, I think you've done enough already!” With this she turned away from him, the clatter of her heels ringing through Seungri's ears as she stormed back to the counter to reorder her drinks.

 

And Seungri did feel awful as he left the coffee shop, but now he was also annoyed himself. It was an accident for Christ sake, it's not like he intended to knock the drinks out of her hands. And looking down on himself, it's not like he came out of it unscathed either – he'd have to keep his suit jacket on all day he figured, looking down on the huge coffee stain that seemed to now dominate his otherwise white pristine shirt.

 

Standing in front of the huge office building once more, Seungri's mood was now marred. The excitement and enthusiasm he'd been feeling earlier had left him, and now he felt kind of depleted. Looking down, checking to make sure the coffee stain couldn't be seen, he took a deep breath before walking through the automatic doors.

 

Heading to the reception, he explained who he was and they told him where he needed to go. So he took the elevator up to the 8th floor as instructed and made his way along to another little reception area, where he was told to sit and wait. But as he sat and waited he started to worry over his choices. He figured considering the stature of his new job, a suit would be the natural conclusion – what he didn't factor was that although he was in the business and marketing side of the company, this was still a fashion magazine he was going to be working for, hence everyone was dressed in a more casual fashionable manner – not one person he'd seen so far was wearing a suit. Straight away it made him feel out of place, and if he could've taken his jacket off right now, he would've done in a heart beat because he felt so uncomfortable - people were staring at him in a peculiar way as they walked past.

 

He was finally called into some room. Seungri thought it felt like some kind of conference room the way all the tables and seats were placed in an oblong looking configuration.

 

“Lee Seunghyun?” A smaller man addressed him in a keen eager manner as he stepped further into the room, in which Seungri bowed in greeting. “Please take a seat,” the man gestured to the many chairs in the room. Seungri took a second to consider, before he settled himself into a chair not too close to the man but not to far away either.

 

“Hi, I'm Dong Youngbae,” the man introduced himself with the same amount of pleasant eagerness. Seungri figured the guy was trying to put him at ease and make him feel more comfortable, but it only made Seungri feel a little awkward. “I'm a strategical analyst here at YGE, it's my job to...”

 

At that moment the door behind Seungri opened and closed, naturally Seungri turned in his seat at the sound of the disruption only to be faced with a rather flustered looking lady. She didn't notice him but Seungri recognised her instantly. Seungri turned as inconspicuously as possible, shrinking down in his seat as to try not and be noticed. Which in hindsight was pretty damn stupid considering there was only the three of them in the room.

 

“Sorry I'm late,” she apologised for her lack of tardiness, placing two freshly made beverages down onto one of the tables. “I had to get changed because some idiot knocked into me this morning and spilt your tea and Jiyong's frappuccino all over me... Not to mention what he's done to my bag – the limited edition one from the Chanel photo-shoot that Jiyong managed to swindle for me.”

 

“Nala, this is Lee Seunghyun,” Youngbae drew the agitated lady's attention to Seungri, making her aware of his presence. “Nala is Kwon Jiyong's personal assistant,” he briefly explained to Seungri. Kwon Jiyong was who Seungri was here to see. Seungri was going to be apart of his team, he'd been head hunted by this Kwon Jiyong and offered a lucrative deal to join their team - although he hadn't actually met the man in person yet. Some other guy, Kang Daesung if Seungri remembered right, did all the bidding.

 

Seungri was more or less fresh out of college. More or less because he'd only been at his last job for 5 months before he was approached by YGE. But in those 5 months he'd worked wonders for that company. Yeah it might have only been a small, more independent type of company but the work he'd done (he'd managed to get the magazines name acknowledged nationally within them 5 months. The profits had increased by 205%, and the magazine itself was starting to become a household name) made him stand out, made him a very lucrative asset. The magazine was a completely different genre to YGE, but the work ethic was the same. He'd be doing the same type of job just on a grander scale.

 

“Sorry,” she quickly apologised for her outburst having been unaware of their new employee when she'd walked in to the room. She'd been too worked up over the idiot who knocked into her this morning. “I'm Kim Nal – YOU!” She raised her voice, literally pointing at Seungri the moment she realised who he was.

 

“I'm sorry,” Seungri's tone went up a little, his mouth dry as he dared to apologise once more. “It was an accident.”

 

“An accident?” She countered, obviously irked by his explanation. “You stained my clothes, and you should see what you did to my bag – It's ruined, I can't use it now,” she huffed, making Seungri aware of the damage he'd unwittingly caused. Which of course he did now, more than ever. She'd made it known to all three of them in the room.

 

“I'm sorry,” Seungri could only apologise once again, hanging his head slightly to convey the sincerity of his words.

 

“This is the idiot I was just telling you about,” Nala turned her attention to Youngbae, motioning with her head towards an even more sheepish looking Seungri. Two mistakes he'd made so far, he was wondering if this day could get any worse. So far he'd managed stand out like a sore thumb in his less than impressive suit. He thought going for a designer brand was the way to go, little did he think that there were different levels of designer clothes – he might as well of worn something from the high street because his suit didn't compare to the likes of Chanel or the Fendi clothes that Dong Youngbae was wearing. Then he'd majorly pissed off Kwon Jiyong's assistant, ruining her clothes and handbag with his clumsiness. It was an accident, but that didn't really help his situation.

 

Trying to defuse the building tension between the other two in the room, Youngbae took his drink and turned to address Nala. “Jiyong's running late, he asked me to get the formalities over and done with.”

 

Peeling her judgemental eyes away from their new employee, Nala turned to face Youngbae. “What do you want me to do?”

 

“Can you get the induction pack,” he asked kindly, to which she nodded and immediately left the room to do as she was asked.

 

“It's just procedure... Health and safety stuff, what to do in the event of a fire. And we need your bank details etcetera or you won't get paid,” Youngbae explained in a wishy washy kind of way, to which Seungri nodded along understanding and agreeing.

 

So Seungri did as he was asked, filled in all the forms and read all the safety procedures they had in place, signing at the end to say he understood. Nala watched from over his shoulder; although she wasn't as annoyed as she had been, Seungri sensed they weren't going to be on friendlier terms any time soon. Which was a shame, all he wanted to do was make a good impression and now it seemed he had done anything but.

 

But still, that surely meant things couldn't get any worse, and were starting to look up if anything. Dong Youngbae seemed nice, he was getting along with him well. And as for this Kwon Jiyong, Seungri was determined to make a good impression on him – after all, he was only here in YGE because Kwon Jiyong had recognised his talents. He was going to make sure he made the most of this opportunity because Seungri had goals in life, he wanted to be someone, he wanted to be at the top of his game.

 

And that's when things rapidly took a turn for the worse. Seungri only saw the fleeting back of some guy (or it could've been a girl he figured) in bright coloured clothes as they hurried their way into the room. The new person and Youngbae had a quick discussion that Seungri wasn't privy to, they kept their voices down so Seungri went back to filling out the forms, not wanting to look like he was listening in to what they were talking about. He sensed Nala move from her position beside him, heading in the direction of the other two.

 

“Seunghyun-ssi,” Youngbae finally called for his attention, and Seungri responded immediately. “Seunghyun, this is Kwon Jiyong. Jiyong is the head of marketing, you'll be in his team and under his guidance at least for the foreseeable future until we can determine your strengths and capabilities...”

 

Seungri didn't really hear much of what Youngbae said after that because he was too stunned. The worst possible thing that could happen had apparently just happened to him. All chances of making a good impression just jumped right out the window and nose dived straight into the ground. Because as he stared at Kwon Jiyong, he realised he'd made the worst first impression ever. An impression he couldn't undo. He really wanted the ground to open up and swallow him whole. You see when Seungri arrived in Seoul 3 days ago, he felt free in a way he never had before. He had no obligations to anyone now other than to himself. His parents weren't there to cast judgement on his actions. There were no rules to follow, nobody knew him here so he was free to do whatever he wanted. So on his first night in Seoul, feeling a sense of freedom he lacked back in his home town of Gwangju where everyone knew him, Seungri did something completely out of character. He had a one night stand. He met a guy in a bar, and they went back to a hotel. The had been pretty amazing, although in all honesty he didn't have a lot of experience to compare it to. He'd only ever had one boyfriend, and that was a big secret in itself – no one knew about them at all. And they'd only had twice, and both times had been pretty much a disaster – so with Kwon Jiyong, or Ji as Seungri had known him by that night had been eye opening in it's own way. Its showed him just how good could be.

 

Now though, none of it was good. Seungri wanted to go back and erase that moment, he felt like he'd just made the biggest mistake of his career. He'd slept with his boss, albeit unwittingly because he hadn't been aware at the time, but that didn't help him right now.

 

Kwon Jiyong recognised him, he was certain of that. The way Jiyong held his gaze for longer than what could be deemed as appropriate, his eyes roaming unabashed as he seemed to eye Seungri contemplatively. Seungri couldn't tell what he was thinking, but Seungri was praying Kwon Jiyong wouldn't say anything - Seungri didn't want anyone knowing about this.

 

“Lee Seungri, I'm Kwon Jiyong,” Jiyong seemed to kick himself into action as he formally stepped forward and introduced himself in a proper and official manner. “Like Youngbae was saying, I'm head of the marketing department. As you know there'll be a six month probationary period, then we'll see where we go from there. I have high expectations of you Mr Lee, please don't let me down.” With that Seungri was left feeling awkward, like he'd been dismissed in some way but without being told. He dithered on the spot, waiting to be told where to go and what to do but nobody seemed to be telling him anything as the all conversed among themselves.

 

Again Seungri tried not to listen, but he heard his name mentioned a few times so he knew he was in some way involved in the conversation, just not personally. “Nala, have Daesung show Seungri the ropes,” Jiyong instructed his assistant, before he turned to look at an anxious looking Seungri again. “It is Seungri right? Or do you prefer Seunghyun?”

 

“It's Seungri,” the younger confirmed, to which Seungri didn't miss the slight smile of satisfaction that Jiyong seemed to take from his extra little insight of knowledge which had obviously come from their night together.

 

 

Although Seungri felt a hundred times better than he did in that room, he still worried about what was being said because Jiyong and Youngbae were in there for ages after he and Nala left. Seungri was trying to concentrate on what Daesung was telling him, but his eyes kept flitting to the door of conference room in worry. Was Kwon Jiyong telling Dong Youngbae about their night together? Was Seungri soon going to be the talk of the office? Would he even have a job for long?

 

Seungri was worried, deeply worried. One minute he was on a high, he had the world at his feet, he'd just been given the opportunity of a life time. Now everything seemed hampered, only an hour and a half into his new job and he felt like it was already doomed. Nothing had gone right so far, in fact things just seemed to go from bad to worse.

 

 

At the end of what had felt like a very long day, Seungri was glad to be going home. The work part itself hadn't been an issue. Daesung was okay, at least when Seungri got used to his sarcastic witty ways. At first he hadn't been sure on how to take the olders remarks, until he realised it was Daesung's way of being humorous. Seungri didn't always find him funny, but he humoured Daesung regardless. And even though he wouldn't be working with Dong Youngbae personally, the strategical analyst checked on him many times during the day to see how he was doing – more than he could say for Kwon Jiyong, the person who's team Seungri was actually apart of. Seungri decided he liked Dong Youngbae, he was friendly and welcoming, the kind of person you could go to if you had a problem – Kwon Jiyong from Seungri's view point just wasn't what he expected. He wasn't anything like the Ji he met that night. Kwon Jiyong seemed quite cold and callous, especially if the rumours he'd already heard were true. Seungri didn't mind that though, he planned on keeping his distance as much as he could anyway.

 

Standing waiting for the elevator with Daesung, the older proposed they went for a few drinks to celebrate Seungri's first day. Although Seungri wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep away the stress of his first day, he wasn't going to give up the prospect of getting to know his peers better. So he agreed.

 

Only when he was about to step into the elevator he was called back by none other than Kwon Jiyong himself, his boss asking if could have a word before Seungri left. Seungri felt awkward as he stepped back from the lift, Daesung just told him he'd wait out front and Seungri nodded in agreement.

 

“They're taking you out to celebrate your first day?” Jiyong questioned as Seungri approached him, and the two then headed to Jiyong's office. Seungri just nodded in response, feeling apprehensive about why Jiyong wanted to talk to him.

 

When they got in the office, although Jiyong closed the door over, Seungri noticed how he purposely made sure the door wasn't closed. Like Jiyong didn't want to put him in an uncomfortable position, not that the door thing mattered because Seungri felt uncomfortable anyway. “I just wanted to make sure you filled out all the paperwork,” Jiyong alluded to all the induction stuff that had to be done and filed by the end of the day.

 

“I did Manager Kwon, I gave it to Assistant Kim earlier,” Seungri addressed Jiyong in formal terms, to which Jiyong cocked an amused smile in response as he leant back against his huge black modern desk.

 

Jiyong watched Seungri standing nervously in front of him, he seemed like a completely different person to the talkative excited boy he'd slept with a few days prior. Of course Jiyong understood why, given their current positions, it was only natural Seungri would be feeling and behaving the way he was right now. Jiyong found it amusing, and kind of endearing. “How was your first day? I trust Daesung showed you what it is you'll be doing here?” Jiyong asked, trying to lighten the mood and put Seungri at ease.

 

“Daesung couldn't have been more helpful Manager Kwon... Obviously there's a lot to take in and a lot to learn, but I'm sure it won't take me long to get in the swing of things,” Seungri tried to sound positive and say the right thing.

 

“I'm glad to hear that... I invested a lot of time and effort to get you here, don't disappoint me,” Jiyong stated in a gentle warning, wanting Seungri to know he was taking a chance on him. “Make sure you work hard!”

 

“I will Manager Kwon,” Seungri agreed easily, he planned to anyway. He was already more than aware of what a huge opportunity this was.

 

Although that essentially spelled the end of their conversation, neither made any move to leave. Their words had seemingly come to an end, but the conversation was far from over – at least for Seungri. He just didn't know how to address the matter, it was such a touchy subject to him.

 

Standing dithering, his head hanging low as figured how to start the conversation he knew they needed to have. “Mmm... Manager Kwon?” Seungri finally spoke up, raising his eyes to meet the curious ones of Kwon Jiyong.

 

“Yes Seungri-ssi, is there something I can help you with?” He politely responded, although he was half expecting where this was going.

 

Seungri hesitantly looked at his feet again, trying to gather the courage to continue. “The other night,” Seungri raised his head again at the same time as he raised the dreaded topic. “I don't want you to get the wrong impression of me,” he looked at Jiyong to see if he understood which of course the other did. “I'm not that kind of person, I don't usually do things like that...”

 

“Are you saying I do?” Jiyong retorted, raising an eyebrow at the unwitting insinuation.

 

“What? No, no - of course not. I didn't mean that,” Seungri quickly reassured, Jiyong smiled at the panic evident on the younger's face. “I just didn't want you to think badly of me. I'm not the kind of person who just sleeps with random strangers...” he assured to which Jiyong raised his eyebrow again in response, as if Seungri thought he was. “I'm not helping myself here, am I?”

 

Jiyong had a tight lipped smile as he looked at a bundling Seungri. He'd heard all about the incident with Nala this morning, it also didn't escape his notice that Seungri had a coffee stain on his shirt that he was trying but failing to conceal. Not to mention the youngster looked completely out of place in his suit when every other person in the office was dressed more comfortably – but if the look on Seungri's face was anything to go by, then the worst part of his day had to have been when he realised he'd unknowingly slept with his boss. Jiyong knew for Seungri, it must've felt like such a difficult trying day.

 

“Manager Kwon,” Seungri's voice was full of apprehension. Jiyong just looked at him, waiting for Seungri to continue. “You won't tell anyone will you? I mean about the other night, and what happened between us.”

 

“Don't worry Seungri, it's out little secret. I don't make a habit of discussing my private life at work,” Jiyong's face was serious as he made Seungri aware. Seungri nodded in response, his eyes closing in relief. “You should probably get going, Daesung has been waiting for a while,” Jiyong effectively ended their conversation. It was over now anyway, now that they'd addressed the real issue. Seungri straightened up more at this, he looked a lot more confident now his mind was at rest.

 

“Yes Manager Kwon.” Seungri bowed, and turned to leave before quickly turning back. “Thank you,” he stated earnestly, letting Jiyong know exactly how grateful he was for Jiyong agreeing to keep tight lipped about their little dalliance.

 

Seungri felt a lot happier as he headed for the door, but on his way out something suddenly occurred to him that made him stop in his tracks. He took a moment to think it through before turning back to an expectant Jiyong, who was wondering why Seungri wasn't leaving. “Manager Kwon?... I know it was Kang Daesung who met with myself and former company prior to my employment here, but it was you personally who head hunted me, right?” Seungri asked, not wanting to sound presumptuous but knowing it to be the truth.

 

“Yes,” Jiyong had no qualms in admitting.

 

“You did a full background check on me, right? College, work history, photo's – the full whack, yeah?” Seungri asked plainly, to which Jiyong just looked at him wondering where this was going.

 

“Of course, I wouldn't have hired you otherwise,” Jiyong replied truthfully, after all it was only logical that he would've done his homework considering the way Seungri was employed.

 

“So before today, you knew what I looked like right?” And finally Jiyong had an inkling of where this was heading. When Jiyong didn't answer, Seungri took it as a solid yes. Taking a more confident step closer to Jiyong, Seungri squared up to him seriously. “The night we slept together, I didn't have a clue who you were... But you knew exactly who I was, didn't you?”

 

Unable able to refute the claim, Jiyong dropped his head as he smiled amusedly to himself. Seungri had him sussed, not that it really mattered to Jiyong, he wasn't going to apologise for anything. Lifting his head back up, his eyes met Seungri's more unamused firm gaze; and Jiyong wasn't going to lie because it was true, he'd known who Seungri was the second he walked into that bar and saw Seungri perched on a stool talking idly to the barman. “I did.”

 

“So why?” Seungri asked confused, wondering why Jiyong would choose to sleep with him when he knew full well they had to work together.

 

But Jiyong's answer was something Seungri certainly wasn't expecting. Jiyong simply looked at him, and with a brief shrug of his shoulders he answered, “Well, why not?”

 

 

* * *

 

 

Daesung was waiting for him where he said he'd wait, and Seungri felt awful for keeping the older waiting. “The others are waiting for us in the bar across the street,” Daesung indicated across the road the second Seungri was within earshot. “What did Jiyong want to speak to you about?” Daesung quizzed, and Seungri couldn't help but notice the informal way that Daesung addressed their manager.

 

“He just wanted to make sure I'd handed in all the paperwork, sunbaenim,” Seungri informed Daesung in a courteous manner.

 

Daesung seemed to bustle over the respectful term, “Call me hyung,” he urged, formalities sometimes felt so burdensome. “We're all friends, right?”

 

Seungri just smiled in response. It felt too early to be letting down his guard, so he just agreed but fully planned on remaining respectful – at least for now, until he knew everyone better.

 

Entering the bar, Daesung led him to the others. There were a few people there from the office, one or two he'd spoken to but others he just recognised from being in the same room. He was surprised to see Assistant Nala there, although the scowl she threw his way didn't surprise him in the least. As he'd assumed earlier, they weren't going to be friends any time soon.

 

They toasted his first day, making him an official part of the team – Nala barely raised her glass he noted, but he could understand that. Not that he felt like part of the team yet, that would take time, he had to get to know everyone first.

 

“So is it true that Kwon Jiyong himself brought you into the company?” Someone asked, Seungri wasn't sure of his name because he'd been introduced to so many people today.

 

Seungri looked at Daesung as if he wasn't sure how to answer, he assumed everyone already knew but looking at the curious expressions on peoples faces he realised that apparently that wasn't the case. After receiving an encouraging smile from Daesung, Seungri felt more confident when he replied with a simple, “Yes.”

 

“Wah, seriously?” Someone else – Min-Joo if Seungri recalled right – seemed surprised by that.

 

Seungri looked around the table at all the people gawping at him in wonder, as if he's something special. Seungri didn't know what the big deal was, it's not like he's the only person who had been head hunted in the company, Daesung had been also. Nala rolled her eyes, before releasing a heavy sigh as if she's bored – and from Seungri's perspective she probably was, after all he'd been the topic of conversation since he sat down.

 

 

After a few drinks, people started to leave. Their small gathering got less and less as the hours ticked by. Truthfully Seungri was tired, but seeing as this little gathering was for him, he couldn't really leave. Unfortunately Nala wasn't leaving either he noticed, and the more wine she drunk the more scowls she threw his way.

 

Seungri had excused himself to go to the toilet, and on the way back he was thinking of reasons to leave. Truthfully he'd had enough already, but respectfully he wouldn't deny the drinks that they kept putting in front of him because that would be rude. When he got back to the table though, he found someone new there sitting close to Daesung. “Ah, Seungri-ah,” Daesung addressed him in the most friendly way possible. “This is Choi Seunghyun... Oh, you're both Seunghyun's...” he suddenly realised, pointing between both Seungri and this other Seunghyun.

 

The other Seunghyun Seungri easily recognised, he was the famous model T.O.P – Top. Seungri bowed in acknowledgement, truthfully he felt a little starstruck because this was the first time he had ever met anyone famous. “I'm Lee Seunghyun,” he introduced himself. “But you can call me Seungri.”

 

“Sit, sit...” Top beckoned Seungri to take a seat. Seungri dithered for a moment, looking for somewhere else to sit because as it happens, Top was sitting in his previous seat. Not that he was going to say anything about that, he was too stunned to be sitting at the same table as a celebrity. “So you're the famous Lee Seunghyun, Jiyong's precious protégé,” Top commented, to which Seungri raised his eyebrows and questioned with a “Pardon?”

 

“He's just winding you up,” Daesung intervened, before turning and playfully chastising the model.

 

“Daesungie,” Top address Daesung cutely, and Seungri widened his eyes at the endearment. “Did, or did Jiyong not go to great lengths to ensure Seungri?... It is Seungri, right?” To which Seungri quickly nodded his affirmation. “Did Jiyong go out of his way to make sure Seungri was employed by YGE because Jiyong personally wanted him?”

 

“Well yes but...” Daesung was going to reason and explain Jiyong's actions but Top cut him off.

 

“I rest my case!” He chimed enthusiastically, to which Daesung shook his head in wonder but nudged his shoulder against Top's affectionately.

 

More than the teasing going on, Seungri was more interested in the relationship between his new friend and the model. They looked a little closer than mere friends, but Seungri wasn't one to cast aspersions on anyone. It interested him though, mostly because he'd never been in a serious relationship and he'd never known anyone who was openly gay before. Not that he was assuming Daesung and Top were openly gay or anything, it's more he'd never seen two men being so openly affectionate, not on this level anyway. His home town was a little more conventional, there were things that were openly accepted between men but the way Daesung and Top were behaving would have raised eyebrows.

 

“Actually - Top, Jiyong and Youngbae are all really close friends,” Daesung enlightened, filling Seungri in on this bit of information. “It was Jiyong who introduced me to Top,” he further enlightened.

 

“We went to college together,” Top clarified, needlessly explaining his friendship with Jiyong and Youngbae in the briefest of ways - because frankly, Seungri felt that it was none of his business. “Where are they anyway?” Top suddenly asked, as if he just realised his friends weren't there. This got Seungri's attention. “I thought they'd be here. Weren't we supposed to be having dinner together?”

 

“They're on their way now, they got caught up at the office,” Nala spoke up, supplying Top with an answer before she went back to looking at her phone.

 

Seungri started getting twitchy on his seat, his mind going into overdrive as he considered this. “Manager Kwon and Dong Youngbae are coming?” He pensively asked, feeling unsettled all of a sudden.

 

“Mmm,” Daesung murmured his acknowledgement in response. “We meet up every Monday for dinner.”

 

“Ah hyung, you should've said,” Seungri jumped to his feet, grabbing his bag. “I'm sorry for taking up your time,” he apologised, feeling bad about Daesung taking him out for drinks when he already had plans.

 

“Don't be silly, there's no need to apologise. It was my idea to come here anyway,” Daesung brushed off Seungri's apology. “Do you have plans for dinner? You're welcome to join us.”

 

Both Daesung and Top waited expectantly for Seungri to answer, Nala merely glanced at him over the top of her phone. She looked as though she was just daring him to accept – and as much as he would've liked to have, just to see her face if he did, there was no way he was going to put himself through a dinner with Kwon Jiyong. It was bad enough he had to work with Jiyong as his boss after what happened, there was no way he was going to socialise with him too. It was better if he kept his distance.

 

So he excused himself as quickly as he could knowing Kwon Jiyong was on his way. On his way out he bumped into Youngbae, but considered himself lucky because Youngbae walked in alone. Youngbae briefly spoke to him, asking him how his day had been. Seungri answered out of courteously, giving a vague response before excusing himself, telling Youngbae he had a bus to catch.

 

Walking out the door, Seungri put his head down. If Jiyong happened to be there, Seungri could just say he didn't see him. Avoidance seemed his best option right now. Truthfully, Seungri felt embarrassed. He'd had a one night stand with a stranger, and he'd only done it because he figured he'd never see that person again. But now to find out it was his boss, and his boss had seen him and touched him in such an intimate but equally vulnerable way, Seungri just couldn't cope with that idea. Although he had no reason to, he kind of felt ashamed of himself and every time he looked at Jiyong he subsequently felt that shame.

 

As Seungri was leaving the bar someone else was walking in. They ended up doing that side stepping thing in the same direction as they tried bypass one another – or at least Seungri figured that to be what was happening until it happened one too many times. At that point he looked up curiously, only to come face to face with the person he was trying to avoid.

 

“Sorry,” Seungri immediately apologised while stepping aside to let Jiyong past, not because he was in the wrong exactly, more so because it felt like he should be the one to apologise and move out the way.

 

Jiyong didn't walk past him though, he stood still as did Seungri, leaving Seungri squirming uncomfortably on the spot. “You're just leaving now?” Jiyong asked him, attempting to make conversation which Seungri would've preferred him not to.

 

“Mmm,” Seungri just murmured in response, looking anywhere but at Jiyong.

 

Knowing Seungri was doing his utmost to avoid him, Jiyong breathed out a frustrated breath. They weren't going to get anywhere like this. “Seungri-ssi,” Jiyong called his name, and knowing he had no choice Seungri raised his head to look at him. “Look, I know things might be a little awkward for you considering what happened between us,” Jiyong alluded to their night together. “But we've got to work together, so you need to find a way to deal with it... You can't just avoid me,” Jiyong spoke frankly.

 

Seungri swallowed a knot in his throat before nodding in agreement. Because Jiyong was right, avoidance would be impossible due to their current working relationship. “Did Daesung look after you?” Jiyong then changed the subject to a more comfortable one, but before Seungri could answer, after looking around a little Jiyong then asked, “You're on your own?” When he realised no one was with Seungri and it was already quite late.

 

“It's okay, I'm fine. My bus is actually due,” Seungri gestured to a random bus stop down the street. It wasn't his stop, but he wanted it to seem like it was because he just wanted to leave. “I should g...”

 

“Oh, you're still here Seungri?” Youngbae said in surprise as he and the others made their way out of the bar. “We we wondering where you were,” he then turned his attention to Jiyong, making it known they were aware he hadn't followed Youngbae in.

 

“I was just having a chat with Seungri... We were just clarifying works dress code,” Jiyong indicated to Seungri's business-like grey suit. “I was just telling him to wear something more comfortable on a day to day basis... We only dress up...” he gestured once more to the younger's suit. “For special occasions and important meetings.”

 

“Well, at least some of us do,” Youngbae commented, his eyes narrowed in Jiyong's direction. “Jiyong thinks sequins is suitable for important meetings.”

 

Seungri smirked at this, watching as Jiyong playfully went to hit his friend. “That was once Youngbae... I only worse sequins once – and you know why, you know the situation,” Jiyong tried to defend himself because Youngbae was already fully aware of the circumstances surrounding that incident. “Come on, let go... I'm starving...”

 

Jiyong seemed like the master of changing subjects Seungri thought as he watched as his boss turned and walked away from his friends who were all still laughing at his expense. “You won't have had dinner yet?” Youngbae asked Seungri, throwing his arm around Seungri who felt completely out of sorts at the gesture.

 

“Ah, I'm fine... I'll eat when I get home,” he assured the smaller man. “I was just leaving actually.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter