(No need to) Wait a few weeks, maybe.

Ideal Inconvenience

 

A/N: This chapter is written in a different style from the first one, but since these are just snippets I thought it fit and didn't bother to try and change it.

Anyways, enjoy!

 

==========

 

After agreeing on meeting up for coffee and surpassing the initial awkwardness that comes with having to sit face to face with the man you almost scared out of a gym from doing your job (or with being said guy that got scared), Yoongi and Jungkook exchanged numbers, so it came as no surprise when not only their circle of friends merged but their routines also mingled together. 

Yoongi and Jungkook were both music affectionate, though from different specters; Yoongi being a rapper and aspiring producer, and Jungkook being the perfect representation of a passionate and enthusiastic fan, and occasional singer on the side.

"You have a nice voice, what do you say about featuring in one of my songs?" Yoongi once said, and Jungkook blushed, stuttering with his words and replying "Yes, I'd love to, hyung," in a quiet whisper.

 

 

Later on, when Jungkook stopped by at Yoongi's studio, that being his first time visiting the place, in hopes of maybe start recording the song if they were both up for it, Yoongi had to direct him to the closest couch and offer him a glass of water after they were met with the sight of Kim Namjoon, Yoongi's long term best friend and Jungkook's favorite rapper in the world.

"So, you like him more than me, huh?" Yoongi teased. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"I just saw your work for the first time today, hyung, you can't ask me to drop Namjoon hyung like that. Wait a few weeks, maybe."

And Yoongi blushed, looking away with shiny eyes, taken aback and overwhelmed by the realization that Jungkook could one day get to enjoy his work as much as he enjoyed Namjoon's.

Jungkook shook his head, winding an arm around Yoongi's shoulders and whispering into his ear, "You're already my favorite hyung, what makes you think that soon you won't take the place as my favorite rapper as well?"

Then a kiss was placed at the top of Yoongi's head and the elder covered his face with his hands.

 

 

On that same day it was Yoongi's turn to be surprised when, after turning a corner, Jungkook shouted "Hobi hyung?! What are you doing here?"

See, Hoseok was Yoongi's second long term best friend, personal sunshine and another rapper that worked in the studio, often collaborating with him and Namjoon, and he vaguely remembered him mentioning being a dance instructor at a place nearby. How they haven't crossed paths before at the gym was still a mystery to both of them—though Yoongi suspected him spending his whole time there around Jungkook had something to do with it—, and Hoseok just wouldn't let it go.

"Hyung," he would say—read whine—, "how could you not know about my second job? I thought we were friends!", and Yoongi would feel a mix of rage and embarrassment at every instance it was brought up. Jungkook would just laugh in the background, ruffling Yoongi's hair affectionately and siding with Hoseok half the time, the little traitor.

 

 

Jin was the gym's nutritionist, Yoongi discovered one morning when the man walked past the equipment he was using and handed Jungkook a few sheets of paper and a bottle filled with green liquid.

"JK, make sure he drinks that after exercising, and you," he pointed directly at Yoongi while already heading to his office, "use those recipes I wrote down especially for you to prepare your meals, and if you don't I'll go to your house, shove a whole jar of protein shake down your throat, fill your fridge with decent food and make you thank me for gracing your unhealthy life with my altruistic and beautiful presence."

When Jin was finally out of sight Jungkook rolled his eyes and settled the things in his hands on a bench, turning back to Yoongi just in time to see him frowning and mumbling "What unhealthy life, I've never felt better since I've met Jungkookie."

 

 

One afternoon at the gym, right after Jungkook did a run through of the exercises Yoongi would be doing that day, they were greeted by two bright boys, seemingly just a bit older than Jungkook.

"Oh," The shorter one said—Jimin, Yoongi later learned his name; another dance instructor, but different from Hoseok, that was a street dance expert, his specialty was contemporary dance (and the only reason Yoongi knew this was because Jungkook reminded him of it every time their group met, afraid the two dancers would follow true on their promise of kicking Yoongi's and cutting of their friendship ties if the rapper forgot it just once more)—"so that's the famous 'Yoongi hyung'! Jungkookie wouldn't shut up about you, hyung!"

Yoongi's eyes twitched with the familiarity in his tone, choosing to ignore everything else that was said.

The taller boy, an assiduous frequenter of Jimin's classes ("I'm Taehyung, but you can call me 'TaeTae' if you want, that's what Jiminie calls me" he told Yoongi after they were formally introduced by Jungkook, to which Yoongi profusely refused), nodded enthusiastically, "Jungkookie was so smitten by you I a good two weeks about it. He got so red every time, you should've seen his face, hyung."

And Yoongi wondered if it was because of his fond expression towards Jungkook, as the younger chased his friends down around the gym, that the two felt it was fine to keep talking to him with such intimacy.

 

 

Naturally, Yoongi's visits to the gym increased as his relationship with Jungkook developed and grew into more than simple friendship, and he had no problems admitting he's sole reason for going there was to see his boyfriend (saying he was a new man that suddenly enjoyed working out sounded ridiculous even to his own ears, better go straight to the point instead). The fact that he had to squirm away from the knowing looks their friends would throw in their direction was just a predictable consequence he didn't mind dealing with.