Trainee Idea

Tomboy Trainee Falls in Love

Seb and her family  recenlty moved to Korea to care for her ill grandparents. They moved into an appropraitely sized apartment and life seemed pass Seb in a blur. She feared the unknown and greatly missed her friends in America. They were accepting of her quirks and never failed to put a smile on her face. Moreover, she was frightened by the idea of not being able to make friends in her new school. This is because her appearance usually caused surprise to onlookers. She, not only dressed up like a guy- loose shirt and pants and a beanie, but also possessed a scar that ran from her eybrow to her ear. The haunting memories of that fateful day when she got the scar started coming back to her until Woohyun's knocks brought her back to reality.

"Hey Seb," Woohyun exclaimed as he approached her bedside and put his arm around her, " I have been thinking about something involving you." His eyes glinted with eagerness and brotherly love. 

"Spill, I am all ears."

" Well, uh you see..we are in Korea...the land of Kpop." Woohyun began nervously as he did not want to upset his dear sister. " And I have been listeninting to you sing to the stars for years now..." At this, Seb's eyes widened in horror and surprise. How could  he have heard my singing? she wondered. Woohyun continued, " I think you should audition for an entertainment agency." 

Seb looked at her brother with eyes wide and mouth agape. She never thought of her singing ability as extraordinary. She could not belt out high notes like Beyonce or had the raspy, but crisp voice of Amy winehouse. In fact, she viewed her singing as only appropriate for bathrooms. "I can't do that Woohyun. I will just embarass myself." Her head immiediately started swirling with images of the judges looking at her with blank stares. She imagined her rejection letter and the huge amount of teasing she will have to suffer through once her brothers get hold of the juicy news.

"Earth to Seb!" Woohyun said as he snapped his fingers in front of Seb's face. As a brother, Woohyun wanted only the best for his sister and thought that the audition would give her confidence and allow her to live out her passion. " Seb, listen to me. What do you have to lose?" Woohyun asked with sincerity etched on his face. "Nothing. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain Seb."

"Gain?" Seb asked in a strangled voice as she weighed her brother's advice i her head. "What will happen if I fail and what will I do about the others who will tease me?"

"So what if you fail Seb? Failing just mean you are actually doing something with your life. And don't worry about the others...I will wring their necks if they tease you." 

With a sigh as she realised that her brother was correct she cast her eyes towards her rough palms and mumbled, " Where can I audition?"

A huge smile formed itslef upon Woohyun face. He answered in a duh tone, "YG."