The second

Reverse R and J
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italized parts are flashbacks. ^_^

 

Chorong POV

 

Reincarnation, do you believe in it? Maybe the person whom you'd always been waiting for is already right beside you. I also never believed in such things. Not until today, the day I reached my 20th birthday. The moment I woke up, it's like a whole new world was unfolded right before my eyes. It was different and yet familiarly the same.

It's my second life. Just how many years had passed ever since I died? I still can't forget it. The memory that will haunt me for eternity, the moment when I saw my lover's head rolling off in front of me. I can still feel the trembling of my feet, the shaking of my hands, the cold sweat dripping off my forehead. I was so terrified I also wanted to die at that exact time. But I was forbidden. I was locked up, in a room away from all the things that I might use to kill myself. At that time I felt that I was sleeping beauty, who was driven away from all the spindles that might take away my life. The only difference? I wanted to die intentionally, while sleeping beauty fell asleep from her own stupidity.

Everyday food was delivered for me, with clothes and everything that I needed for me to live. Of course I didn't touch it; I wanted to die after all. The nightmares that kept on appearing every single night were enough to drive me insane. But something made me hold on, a promise. 

I lifted my hands up to get a better view of them while I remained fixated on my bed. This hand, it's been so long and yet it was still the same. I see. I really am reborn. I heard the door creaked followed by the sound of footsteps. A familiar scent invaded the room and I didn't have to look to know who it was.

"You're awake?" I heard her asked. 

I didn't look but merely nodded. I was afraid, afraid to look at her. I was afraid that nightmares would eventually trespass again in my dreams. I was happy. It's true. We were reborn again. But I can't help but be afraid for the future to come. It's still not the end. There's something more that awaits beneath the door of life. And I was afraid I won't be able to make right through it.

"Happy Birthday Chorong," I heard her whisper on my ear. I didn't even realize she was already next to me. Chorong, it was the same name that I had years or decades or even centuries ago. I don't know. Was it always like that? Are you always reborn with the same name? Or was it purely coincidence? I shut my eyes; afraid that I may took a glimpse of her face. I was afraid that I'll remember the same expression she had while staring at me without her body.

"Are you not happy to see me? You remembered right? It's your 20th birthday after all."

I finally turned to her and saw a frown on her face the moment I opened my eyes. She's still the same, the same person I fell in love with. May it be years, decades or centuries; she will always be the only person whom I'll love. I caressed her cheek and felt a warm tear escape my eyes. I see. All this time you were at my side.

"I finally remembered you. Of course I'm happy," I answered and smiled warmly at her. But I knew that she saw it, the fear in my eyes.

She kissed my forehead before intertwining our fingers. And only then I recognized the ruby gem on her bracelet.

"Where did you get this?" I asked as I brushed my fingers on the crimson bracelet.

"My mother said that I had my hands fisted when she gave birth to me. When they tried to open my clenching hands, they saw a red gem inside. They made it into a bracelet since they thought it's a good luck charm," she explained.

"I see, so that's how things work. I still can't believe that everything is true. You should've told me earlier," I said as I squeezed her warm hands.

"I do want to but I can't. You have to fall in love with me after all," she smiled and wiped the mark of tears off my cheek.

"You don't know how frustrated I was every day. Did you know how hard it was for me to wait for your memories to return? I miss you so much Chorong-ah," she said before planting a kiss on my lips.

"I miss you too Bomi," I whispered after pulling away from the kiss.

 

"Finally! I found you Chorong-ah!"

I turned when I heard someone mention my name. I inspected the girl who called me from head to toe, scrutinizing her features and forcing my brain to remember if I already met her. But it was futile since if I were to meet such beautiful person I would probably remember her.

"Excuse me but who are you?" I asked when she kept gawking at me grinning like a fool. Instead of answering, she suddenly hugged me and gave a peck on my lips. 

"I'm Bomi, the person you'll fall in love with," she introduced after kissing me.

Blushing madly from the sudden kiss, I instinctively slap her from the rudeness. Just who does she think she is? It was our first time meeting and she's introducing herself as my future lover!? I immediately turned my back at her and proceeded to walk faster than my normal pace.

"Where do you live Chorong? I'll you back," the girl named Bomi followed me but I didn't pay any attention to her.

"I've been looking for you for almost ten years Chorong," I halted on my track when I heard her say that. I turned around causing her to step back when she almost bumped on me.

"What do you mean ten years? I haven't met you before," I frowned as I took another look at her.

"It's hard to explain so I'll just wait for you. I'll protect you Chorong," she said and grinned from ear to ear.

 

"Do you want to walk outside? The morning breeze is good for your body. Here, let me help you," Bomi wrapped her hands around my waist as she helped me to stand up. I placed my hand on her shoulders as I try to balance myself to prevent stumbling.

"Are you good?" she asked as she guided me to the door. I merely nodded and tried to walk without her support. It took quite a while before we reached the garden just outside my home. We sat under a big tree as we bask under the bright sun. I leaned my head on her shoulder as I took a deep breathe before letting out a sigh.

"You shouldn't have showed yourself to me. You know that it's going to be my turn right?" I said as I looked up to her.

"No," she firmly state

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter