The sequel

Reverse R and J
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yup. You're on the right track. ^_^  It IS the sequel.

 

 

 

 

 Bomi Pov

Waking up due to the annoying ring of the alarm, I grumpily stirred as I tried to cover my ears with my soft pillow. I know it was time for me to prepare for school but 5 minutes of sleep won't hurt right? However, faster than I could run in a marathon, reality was kind enough to grace me with its presence when the door suddenly flew open revealing the person more annoying than the alarm.

"Bomi!! Wake up!!"

I groaned as the familiar roar erupted through my ears, even passing the pillow I used as my cover. Still feeling tired due to the all-nighter I pulled last night, I refused to react to her voice and ignored her, pretending to stay asleep.

Silence came afterwards, and with the thinking that she finally left, I slowly removed the pillow and stood up only to be met by a pair of glaring eyes. 

"You're awake?" I heard her spoke while raising a brow; her question sounded more like a statement. I shuddered and cold sweat suddenly trickled down my forehead. 

"Yes?" I answered which came out more of a question.

She squinted, staring at me with suspicion. I averted my gaze while thinking of a reason to her impending question.

"What did you do last night?" she asked sternly.

"Nothing," I answered when I failed to think of an excuse.

"Nothing?" she repeated and came closer.

I took a step back but since the bed is at my rear, there was no way to escape.

I gulped when she inched to stare at my face, as if tracing something.

"You have eye bags. You look tired. And you look like a dead zombie," she smirked and took a step back.

"And you're telling me nothing?" she folded her arms while tapping her right foot as if waiting for an excuse.

I sighed, finally admitting defeat. I made my way to the study table and pulled the drawer, revealing hundred of envelopes.

She came closer to look and took a sample.

"Invitations?" she questioned.

"Yeah?" I answered sarcastically.

"Oh right, your birthday's near," she stated like an obvious fact.

"Where's mine?" she asked as she began digging to look for her name.

"I didn't made one for you," I smirked. 

I expected her to choke me up but she did not react and continued to rummage the drawer.

"I said I didn't made one for you," I repeated.

She suddenly stopped her action when she spotted a certain envelope.

"This one still doesn't have a name," she said as she checked the contents.

"I'm still not finished so" I wasn't able to finished my sentence when I saw her took a pen and began writing on the envelope.

"To Cho-rong," she read out what she was writing.

"Hey! That's" I was silenced when she suddenly pulled my hand placing the invitation in it.

"Here," she said.

 Confuse at what she's doing, I was about to open my mouth when she suddenly took back the invitation.

"Thanks! I'll come on time," she smiled brightly before flicking my forehead as she quickly headed to the door leaving me dumbfounded.

"What the heck?" I face palmed when I heard the door shut. After recovering from the sudden intrusion, I quickly headed to the bathroom and started preparing for the day. As I was making my way down the stairs, I was greeted by mom and dad silently eating breakfast together with a certain someone.

"Don't you have any shame for always eating breakfast here?" I asked as I took a seat beside her.

"Bomi! Don't be so rude! Chorong is a nice kid and she's our neighbor," my mom immediately scolded me, to whom I quickly apologized.

I glanced at Chorong and there it is, the triumph smile she always wear whenever mom would scold me for picking a fight with our 'neighbor.'

"You still have that necklace?" I asked when my attention was caught by the ruby-red, diamond shape necklace she's wearing. Now that I think about it, she's been wearing that necklace from the very first day we met. I thought it was just a simple accessory but shes been wearing that for her whole life already, catching my interest for quite a while now.

"Of course! It's the thing that connects the two of us anyway," she answered while grinning happily.

"Did you give that as a gift Bomi?" Dad suddenly asked.

"No I did not!" I denied.

"I see. You don't have to be so worked up," he commented before taking a sip of his coffee.

 We continued silently eating our breakfast and after finishing, we took our bags and made our way to school after bidding goodbye.

"Your mom's cooking is the best!" Chorong suddenly blurted as we walked side by side to school. It was always like this. Sometimes I really wonder if she's crazy or something. If she's not our neighbor I probably would have took my distance from her, but since our families were friends, I have no choice but to go with the flow. 

"Don't you have any food at home? I wonder why your mom was never mad at you for always eating breakfast at our house," I asked annoyingly.

"It's fine," she said and suddenly stopped walking.

I turned back to her and was met by her smile.

"Since I'm going to marry you someday!" she exclaimed and continued to walk, leaving me frozen at my spot. I blushed but quickly shook my head furiously to remove the obvious shade of red on my face. Geez, why is she always like that? I can still remember the first time we met. She was a normal kid back then, a shy one to be exact.  We were four at that time. Mom took me with her to bring some food to our neighbor since it was my birthday. After that meeting, we used to play all day and even went to the same school. But everything changed one day, when she reached her 10th birthday, I can still remember it clearly. It was midnight and I suddenly heard a faint knock on my window. To my surprise, I saw Chorong waving brightly at me motioning to open the window. Due to shock, I wasn't able to think clearly so I immediately let her in. Upon doing so, she suddenly pounced on me and hugged me so tightly, leaving me blank from the sudden act. But what shock me the most was when she suddenly blurted, "I'll wait for you so lets get married in the future ok?"

I face palmed and continued to walk following her. She was skipping in joy and I can't help but think on how a shy kid back then suddenly turned into a different person. 

We reached school after a few minutes and were greeted by her platoon of suitors. Oh right, I forgot to mention, Chorong's extremely popular. Of course she is. Although she may be weird at times, she's insanely pretty that she already had her first confession when we were still in elementary. I accidentally heard a boy confess to her when I was about to pick her up when she took her time returning from the bathroom when we were playing. And right after entering college, her popularity didn't even falter nor decrease with a slightest pinch. Sometimes I really wonder what she saw in me to the point that she wants to marry me. Why would she? I'm sure shes just fooling around so I didn'tt take her confession seriously, although she would confess to me every single day for ten years.

"I'll see you after class Bom-ah!" she tapped my shoulder and went running to her class, followed by her soldiers who gave me death glares before following her.

I mentally sighed when I remembered that one time I received a death threat from one of her suitors. I was so scared to death and Chorong was really furious about it. Due to her anger, she shouted, "If you dare lay a hand on my Bomi I will kill you!" in front of her suitors the next morning. I was so embarrassed to death I think I preferred if I were to be killed by one of her soldiers. I locked myself up in my room for three days but was immediately dragged back to school when Chorong sneaked inside my room. Oh how I wished I knew how she did that.

I placed my bag at my table and immediately slumped on my chair. I was so tired even though the day isn't even starting. Good thing Chorong and I dont have the same class since she's taking up a different degree than I am.

"Morning Bomi!" I was startled when a familiar voice suddenly greeted me.

I turned and saw Naeun smiling brightly at me. I heaved a sigh of relief on the thought that even though my morning is always chaotic, at least there is someone who can brighten up my world.

"Where's the 'good' in the morning Naeun?" I returned her smile and responded back.

"I removed it," she answered.

"Cause I know you don't have a good morning," she added while chuckling before taking a seat beside me.

I laughed and although I wanted to counter that, I can't help but nod since it was true anyway.

"Oh right I almost forgot," I immediately took my bag and rummaged inside to look for something.

"Here," I handed her an invitation while rubbing the back of my head in embarrassment. She took the invitation and read the contents.

"Oh, so it's already the day after tomorrow huh,"she smiled as she returned the card back on the envelope.

"Will you come?" I asked shyly.

"Of course!" she said and I smiled widely from delight. My heart skipped a beat at the sight; maybe what I only need is Naeuns smile for the chaotic day to fall on its place. Before I knew it, all my classes were done and I was preparing to head home when a hand suddenly grab my arm. I almost collapsed in shock when I saw Chorong's death glare at me.

"H-Hey why are you here? Shouldn't we suppose to meet at the gate?" I asked when I recovered from the shock. Though I really want to ditch her every day after school, I accidentally promised her mom to walk her home every day when she kindly asked me to do so. Its not that I regretted it, it's just sometimes, I think I made I mistake when I promised that.

I glanced back at Chorong after fixing my things when she did not respond to my question. Instead, she let go of my arm before muttering a short, "Let's go," before leaving the room. I tilted my head in confusion and immediately followed her when I noticed the glares of my classmates who have a crush on her.

"What's wrong?" I asked when she still remained silent after a few minutes of walking which is unusual.

"You gave her an invitation?" she suddenly asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter