Mutual Feelings

I'm An Idiot

Time crawled by ever since my visit with Momo. I was dying to meet with her again. She didn't have a job, but she was in a lot of school clubs. She was also apparently a percussionist for her school's rock club (the band that formed as a result won a few awards). I wondered when she even had time to update...Momo was skilled in everything, it seemed. She was an amazing author, a musician, a dancer, a good student...there was nothing she couldn't do; she could have any girl or boy she ever wanted. We made plans to meet again on Tuesday; I worked as part-time as a waitress on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, so we could only meet on Tuesdays and the weekends.

Once Tuesday came, however, I was more than ready to hop out of bed. I woke up to a good morning text that was sent a few minutes ago. I told her I just woke up, and that I'd be at the station in an hour and a half, probably around ten o'clock. I was excited to see her again. I quickly took a shower, then put on my outfit for the day; a sheer black button-up blouse with white polka dots, and a black skirt that went down to about mid-thigh. I wondered if she'd go for a tomboy look again...we'd look similar to a boy and girl out on a date. My heart fluttered at the thought, as I carefully picked out a black laced bra. It wouldn't be visible unless you stared or looked for it; I couldn't risk her checking me out and seeing me in a bra that wasn't y. I decided to leave my hair down this time, brushing it straight. I put on a simple but shimmery necklace. I put in some rose earrings, and checked myself out in the mirror. Perfect. I put on my bb cream and concealer. I didn't wear much, but just what I need to cover up dark eye circles and a couple of acne scars. I opted for a ier look this time, a bit of cat-eye style liner, a bit of lip tint, and the usual mascara. I checked the time; the train would be at the nearby station in fifteen minutes, which gave me plenty of time to drive over there. I hopped in my car and drove to the station with my phone and wallet in my light pink purse. 

When the train finally came, I was reading Eragon again. It was really a good read. I had a copy of The Psychopath Test in my purse as well, in case I finished Eragon on the way there or back. I only had about twenty pages left, so it was likely I'd finish. I could feel a couple of peoples' stares...I didn't want to look up in case they were creepily checking me out. I'd rather be ignorant to that than know it was going on. I merely kept my purse on my lap as I read Eragon. However, I couldn't focus on reading...the feel of their stares were creeping me out. I wanted Momo. She would make them stop. If she couldn't, or didn't want to risk causing a commotion on the train, she would have at least given me her flannel or something to cover up with; to avoid their stares. My heart was pounding, and I took out my phone and sent her a text.

- - -

Me : Momo I need help

- - -

She texted me back within seconds, seeming worried

- - -

Mo-Goddess <3 : What's wrong?

Mo-Goddess <3 : We can meet somewhere else if you need

Me : No, I can't be alone.

Me : Someone is staring at me

Mo-Goddess <3 : Don't make eye contact. I'll wait as close to the train as possible. 

Me : Thank you so much

Mo-Goddess <3 : Be careful...

Me : I'll try.

Mo-Goddess <3 : Okay, sweetie

Mo-Goddess <3 : you know, platonically

Mo-Goddess <3 : This isn't the time nevermind

Me : Not the time for?

Mo-Goddess <3 : I can see the train. I'll be waiting right outside. 

- - -

I sighed. I wouldn't get it out of her, but "sweetie" made my heart skip a beat when I read it. I felt heat creep up my face. I put my phone and Eragon back into my purse, and watched the approaching station. I saw Momo standing there. She looked tough, and ready to beat someone up based on her stance. She almost looked like a gangster. I struggled, but succeeded, at holding in my squeal of happiness. I felt an arm snake around me as soon as I stood up. My heart stopped in fear, and I froze. I was ready to run as soon as those damn doors opened. It felt like forever, but Momo said not to make eye contact. I couldn't look at the person, or tell them to go away. I wanted Momo so badly; I needed Momo. 

The doors opened, and I tried running, but the stranger's arm held me firmly in place. 

"Be a good girl, and don't scream." I heard a male voice whisper close to my ear. "You didn't look at me once the whole ride, yet my buddies and I've been lookin' you up an' down this whole time. We deserve a lil' somethin' for it, yeah?" He "guided" me out of the train. I glanced over and saw Momo. I was terrified, but she was my only chance. 

"Momo!" I screamed. He covered my mouth, but he was too late. My guardian angel saw us, and ran towards us, taking her keys out in her usual Wolverine-claw fashion. 

"She's mine." Her voice was so low that she almost sounded animalistic. It would have been scary if it wasn't Momo, the sweet Momo from the weekend who bought me tea and snacks all day. I could see her out of the corner of my eye; the man held me tightly against him. I felt his grip loosen slowly, then he suddenly dropped me with a grunt. "Let's go, Mina!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the station. I ran with her, for once in my life, I didn't feel the slightest bit tired. The adrenaline washed away any sense of tiredness. 

"The Seven-Eleven." She panted quietly to me. We jogged in, and she pulled me to the refrigerator section. "Pick something." She pointed to the rows of different beverages before us. I was panting heavily and sweating; my makeup and hair were surely messed up. She put her arm around my waist, supporting me. I leaned on her a little, grateful to have her by my side. 

"Lemonade. Please." I panted. She rubbed my side gently, then let go to grab two bottles of lemonade from the refrigerator. She paid for them; I was too tired to argue. We left the store, she opened my lemonade for me, then handed me the opened bottle. 

"We'll just go to my place for now, I think." She sighed. "I was gonna take you to the park, but that'll have to-"

"No, I don't want to be a bother." I finally had the energy to protest.

"Mina, you looked like you were gonna pass out on me earlier." She glared at me. "You need to rest somewhere air-conditioned. Besides, we're getting pretty close." She pointed to a cluster of apartment complexes. "We live kinda around the middle floors." 

"Momo-"

"Oh geez, I'm sorry. Are you uncomfortable?"

"With what?"

"Going into my house. We only recently met, so we're still strangers, kind of. I understand if you're scared-"

"No, I just don't want to bother you or your parents."

"You're not a bother. Do you have any allergies?"

"No...?"

"Just asking. We have a cat."

"I love cats!" I squealed, then regretted it, as I felt dizzy. 

"Oh geez, be careful!" She whined, putting her arm around my waist again. "Stop scaring me." 

"I'm fine..." I protested.

"No you're not." She was serious; I decided not to argue. I just enjoyed the feeling of being close to her instead. We entered the building, and Momo put her floor number into the elevator. She was on floor ten. When we reached the tenth floor, it was a short walk to her home, which she opened. It was a little chilly, thanks to the air conditioner. "Go lay on the couch. I'll get you some water." She pointed to the couch, then closed and locked the door. "Gotta lock your doors in the city. Jerks everywhere." She cleared up as I laid on her couch, in case I was concerned, which I wasn't. As far as I was concerned, she could jump on top of me right then and there. She was too damn attractive for words. She was not only gorgeous, hot, sweet, talented, smart, and y, she was my guardian angel. I really would not have minded if she just took me right then. But I appreciated the gesture; she probably didn't know I felt the way I did. 

"Thank you so much." I smiled tiredly as she gave me a glass of water. 

"No worries. I already told my parents that you're here, and they said that you can rest as much as you need." She patted my shoulder gently. 

"I'll be fine." 

"What even happened on that train anyway?" She sat on the floor in front of me, looking at me through shining, worried, brown eyes. 

"You know how sometimes you can feel when someone stares at you?"

"Yeah...?"

"I could basically feel him staring at me. I didn't look up at all, like what you said, and when I got up he came over and put his arm around my neck. He told me not to scream, and that it was rude of me not to look at him while he checked me out the whole way to the city. He said he had friends with him, but I didn't bother to look. Oh, and what did you to to him?"

"I kicked him in the balls." She shrugged, as if it was no big deal. She looked confused at my shock. "Okay, number one : he had it coming. Number two : he was a big guy. I had to play dirty." 

"True..." I sighed. "I needed you so badly on the train." I confessed, reaching for her hand. She took my hand in hers and rubbed the top of my hand soothingly with her thumb. "I was really scared. I couldn't even read." 

"I'm so sorry..." She looked down, seeming truly upset. "I'll come to your place next time. You said the train station is close for you." 

"Yeah, it is. You'll be fine on the train?" 

"Of course." She laughed a little. "It's better than you getting stuck on a train with some creeps." 

"Thanks." I couldn't resist giving my angel a kiss on her cheek. "As a thank you." I felt a blush creep up onto my face. Her face turned red as well. 

"Thanks." She squeezed my hand gently, looking adorable. "I, um...I don't really need a thank you, though...anyone would help you. You're the perfect person." She looked down shyly. I giggled, getting off the couch and sitting on her lap. I pressed a gentle kiss to her lips; she held me close as she reciprocated the kiss. She seemed experienced. She my bottom lip, making me gasp. I felt her tongue enter my mouth, which I welcomed. I tangled my fingers in her hair, not wanting this to end. As we kissed, I could feel her hands travel lower and lower...she grabbed my , squeezing it. I broke the kiss to get some air. 

"You're amazing." I panted. 

"Be my girlfriend?"

"What do you think?" I kissed her again, and felt her smile into the kiss. I bit her bottom lip teasingly. I'd go home a little late tonight, it seems.