Meeting My Crush

I'm An Idiot

I had finished writing the newest chapter. I went to bed, thankfully it was summer, so I could update more often. The downside, however, was that I usually went to bed at about one or two in the morning. I only worked part-time, so it wasn't a big deal. 

I woke up in the morning to no new information from my idol author. I was a little disappointed, but she had a life to live, too. I went downstairs to grab breakfast before returning to my room to eat it while looking for something to watch. I went onto the site again, only to see a new post from her, saying that she was kinda lonely. Now, she wasn't a huge author on the site, but she was definitely more popular than I. I sent her a quick message anyway, asking her if everything was okay. I got a response surprisngly quickly, hearing the message notification as I started to think about what the next chapter should be about. 

She said she was okay, and that she just felt a little lonely, as her close friend was in Thailand for vacation. I told her that I'd be more than willing to keep her company through the internet. She said she was grateful, and that she was excited to get to know me. She asked if I was familiar with the anime she wrote about. I confessed that I wasn't, but that I was gay, myself. I told her that reading the fluff between her characters and watching them overcome trials gave me a little hope for myself. She asked why I was feeling hopeless, and I answered that I was from an area near Osaka, but far enough from the city for people to be close-minded. She responded, saying that she actually lived in the city of Osaka. 

No doubt we made plans to meet up that weekend. We continued talking after we made plans to meet on Saturday, the next day, for coffee and sweets at a coffee shop in the city. It wasn't too hard for me to get there, since there was a train from my town that went directly into the city. She said she'd meet me at the train station, since she didn't want me to lose my way. We gave each other a quick description of ourselves, and said what we'd wear tomorrow. 

 

The train ride went smoothly. It was only a thirty-minute ride to the city. I read a novel that I had recently started, Eragon, which I found to be an interesting read so far, and would have to reccommend it to any fellow fantasy lovers. Especially those who like dragons. I was listening to music while I read, but only in one ear, so I could hear when my stop came up. Approximately fifteen pages into my novel, my stop was called. I closed my book and put it in my bag. I hurried out of the train, then took a deep breath as I looked for a girl with dyed-blonde hair. She said she'd be wearing ripped black jean shorts, a black crop top with a Pikachu on it, and a black and white flannel. I wore what I said I would; a knee-length black skirt, and a loose, pink, summery top. I exited the train station, and sure enough, there was a girl with blonde hair and bangs, wearing exactly what my favorite author said she would. She had her hair up in a ponytail; I had mine in a side braid, since it was warm out. Her crop top showed off a bit of her abs, and she looked lean and healthy. She had a dancer's body, but it was well-muscled. I, too, was a dancer, but my muscles were concentrated in my legs thanks to ballet. 

"Mina!" I heard her call. We told each other our names yesterday, too. 

"Momo?" I was still in shock. She was definitely a girl crush. She looked tomboyish, but still had a feminine aura to her. She was gorgeous, and her excited smile was cute. She ran up to me, bouncing happily.

"It's you, right? You're Mina." 

"Yeah, are you Momo?" I was still a little shocked. She was gorgeous and adorable at the same time.

"Yeah, who else would wear flannel in the middle of summer?" She chuckled, taking it off and tying it around her waist. The crop top's sleeves just barely covered her shoulders, leaving her lean yet muscular arms on display. "Let's go! I bet you're hungry after that train ride." She bounced around again.

"Is it far?" I asked. She held out her hand and I carefully took it. 

"Nah. It's a five minute walk." She started jogging, dragging me behind. I tried my best to keep up with her. 

"Momo, please." I panted, and she turned around, walking backwards. I had no idea how she could walk backwards in such a busy city. "Can we not run?" 

"You tired?" She laughed, turning back around. "That's fine, we shaved about a minute off." 

I could now walk next to her, since she had slowed down. We were still walking pretty fast, but all the people around us were, too. The city was incredibly fast-paced compared to the town I came from. It was odd, especially since I came from a place that was close to the city. You'd think I'd have experience in city life, but my street smarts were nothing compared to Momo's. All of a sudden, she went behind me, and pulled on my hand to get me to stop. I turned, but I wish I didn't. There was a drunk guy...in the middle of the day. He was drooling, and he wasn't looking at either of us anywhere near our faces, but he certainly wasn't looking at the ground. 

"Sir." She growled, then took out a key ring. The keys were situated between her fingers as if she were Wolverine. She walked up to him, looking ready to fight, but he turned and rushed off. She put the keys back in her pocket with a sigh. She kept walking, pulling me with. "You gotta be careful, Mina. City people are weird." 

"What happened, exactly?" I was surprised at her reaction to the drunk guy.

"Ah. He was a big guy, and if he got the opportunity, he probably would've tried kidnapping us. You saw the way he was drooling, right? I didn't wanna risk anything, so I confronted him first. The keys-" She took her keys out again, which were again situated in her hand like Wolverine claws. "-are an important part of it. If I just confronted him without my keys, he probably would've still made a move. But since I have a weapon, he's not gonna try anything."

"What if he had a knife on him? Or a gun?"

"No idiot would attack two girls on a crowded street." She laughed, as if it never crossed her mind that something could've happened to us. "That's why I confronted him then and there. There were a lot of people around. He wouldn't have done anything unless there was something seriously wrong with him." 

"How often does stuff like that happen?" I squeezed her hand a little. "Often enough. I work out a little, not much, but enough, because of situations like that. If you have some muscle on you, it can help intimidate people. Also, if the time comes and I gotta fight someone, I'm stronger than the average girl." 

"Wow...that's scary." 

"Ah, it's fine. Also, here's the shop." She pointed to a building; it was brick like all the others. I could hardly tell what it was. Once we got closer, however, it looked like a cute little cafe. There were a few small round tables, and it had a warm color scheme. It looked cosy. A blast of cool air welcomed us inside. Momo went up to the counter and began ordering what she wanted. She motioned for me to come up. "What do you what?" 

"Oh, umm...I've never been here before...Do you serve tea?"

"Yes, what kind what you like?" The cashier lady was kind, and had a bright smile.

"I'll just go with green tea."

"We serve a variation of green tea with lemon. It's quite refreshing, and the same price." 

"Oh, could I have that, please?"

"Of course. Would you like anything to eat?"   

"Oh, um, yes. I'd like the strawberry cake." I pointed to the refrigerated sweets display. 

"Of course." She smiled, and cut a piece of the cake for me. I saw Momo hand the cashier some money, and realized that I nearly forgot to pay.

"I'm so sorry, I almost forgot to pay. How much-"

"Momo already paid." She chuckled. I looked at Momo, confused.

"My treat. You had to pay for the train ticket, so I'm paying for the food." Momo was such a charmer...I could feel myself falling more and more for this girl. The cashier gave us our drinks and Momo's food, then we went and sat by a window. 

"How did the cashier know your name?" I sipped my green tea with lemon, and the cashier was right. It felt really refreshing, and it was delicious. 

"I come here a lot. It's the only coffee shop that isn't Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts." She laughed. 

"Is it close to your place?"

"Yep. I live about a fifteen minute walk that-a-way." She pointed behind me. "It's nice. My parents work in the city. My mom is a surgeon, and she works at a hospital here. She gets a lot of car crash patients. My dad is a lawyer, and he works at a law firm in the city, too. The hospital and law firm are not so surprisingly close, so they meet up for lunch a lot. Sometimes, I'll go and have lunch with them." 

"That's amazing!" I was in awe of her parents. They were incredibly smart, and seemed to have a good relationship with each other and with Momo. 

"They're cool." She shrugged, smiling. 

"But what did you mean by 'not so surprising'?" 

"Ah. A lot of people sue brands of whatever it was that got them sick, or sue the other people in the car accident. It's annoying. My dad doesn't work with that, though. He's a prosecutor; he uses whatever evidence the police can get to him to get criminals in prison and off the streets." 

"That's incredible...what got you into writing fanfictions?"

"It's stress relief. I study a lot, so it's nice to do some creative writing. Since it's summer, it's pretty much the only thing I do; most of it gets scrapped, though." 

"Why?"

"Eh. I might not be in love with the idea, or I'll get stuck somewhere and be unable to continue it." 

"You're a really good author, though. I'm sure you don't scrap too much." 

"Oh, I do." She giggled; my heart fluttered. She took a sip of her coffee. "Most of what I write turns out lame." 

"I doubt it." I took a bite of my cake. "Thank you so much for the food, by the way." 

"Of course." She shrugged, eating more of her muffin. I couldn't help but stare a little. The girl was eye candy. 

We spoke for a long time there; we ended up ordering a lot more food. Momo would get up and buy herself something to eat, and I would try to get myself something, but Momo would make me sit down, ask what I wanted, and buy it for me. We talked about our favorite animes; it turns out we were both into horror series. We joked around, and people-watched from the window. She told me about life in the city, since I was curious as all hell. She asked me about life outside of the city, and asked what my parents did. She thought it was cool that my dad was in the trades, and that my mother was a nurse. We talked about being gay; how our dating pool is microscopic, how it gets lonely, and how, of course, we're ized by men who don't respect us. We even spoke about past failed relationships. I told her about when I dated a girl for a week, then she asked me for a with her boyfriend. It turns out Momo was actually cheated on...with another girl. Rare. Before I knew it, the sun was starting to set. 

"Oh geez, it's getting late." She pulled out her phone. "Next train leaves in thirty minutes. We should get you over there." 

"Oh, yeah, thanks." I stood up, and we threw out our garbage from being in a coffee shop for six hours. It was odd; it felt like we were only there for thirty minutes, but the sky said otherwise. We started walking back towards the train station. She kept holding my hand the entire way there. It was a quiet walk, since we were a little tired. We sat down on a bench at the station to wait for the train. "Today was fun." 

"Yeah, it was great." She smiled. "We should do this more often, if it's okay with you." 

"It's more than okay with me. It's a lot of fun hanging out with you." I yawned, and she put her arm around me, pulling me closer. 

"You still have twenty minutes before the train gets here. If you wanna take a quick nap, I can wake you up when the train gets here." She offered, and there was no way I could resist; not with the way her strong arm was wrapped around my waist, gently holding me. I could feel her muscles. I laid my head on her shoulder, and yawned again, grateful that she was so kind. "Late update last night?" 

"Yeah..." I mumbled. "I couldn't get inspiration until, like, midnight. I don't know what time I went to bed, but I was incredibly tired." 

"Don't push yourself so hard." She patted my back. "I know it feels like you gotta make sure everyone is happy, but you can't please everyone. If you gotta update a day late, you update a day late." 

"Thanks." I nuzzled my face into her neck a little. It was already warm outside, but her warmth was different. I wanted more of it.