Another progress

Life Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the next morning when I checked on the mailbox, which was little more to a crude metal box with a lid fastened next to the front gate of the small apartment, I noticed that a scrap of paper was inserted into it. I read the messy handwriting quietly.

 

 

Went back to hospital and you’re not there. We really need to exchange numbers. I’m worried. Sorry that I left, got some important stuffs to do. Take care. I left my number here, contact me once you’re home.

 

                                                                                    Jiwon

 

“God, how can I forget him?” I muttered alone as I punched in the numbers written on the note, after few seconds, I could hear his raspy voice, sounds like he just woke up from sleep. I glanced at my watch on my wrist. Good, it’s only 7 am.

 

“Hello?”

 

 “Err, it’s .. it’s Aeris.” I placed my hand on my chest, trying to cool down my heart that was beating crazily. I hoped he didn’t hear the thumping sounds of my heartbeat.

 

“Oh, Aeris, are you okay?” he asked it smoothly, the tone of his voice is so comforting, and I squeaked and flushed lightly when I realized that I had kept silent for quite a moment, and Jiwon was still waiting for an answer.

 

“I’m fine. Like really fine!” I blurted out, which earned a light and soft chuckle from the other end.

 

“Good that you are really fine.” He said, I could hear a smile from his voice, “now that you have my number, you have no reason to ditch me this Sunday.”

 

“We’ll see how it goes.” I replied, kicking some little stones on the pavement. “But, really Jiwon, how could you leave me alone yesterday?”

 

He chuckled again, “Well, you left too, which is more worrisome. Swear to God if you listened to the nurse panicking yesterday..” he then stopped talking, only sounds of his breathing could be heard, when he finally broke the silence, a little hesitation crossed his voice, I could tell. Maybe a thought, but he still asked it anyway.

 

“Seriously, where did you go yesterday?”

 

“Will explain it later. But now, gotta go.” I then quickly ended the phone call, sweats forming on my forehead.

 

How could I explain to him that I was a freak that could saw future, but not his?

 

And this freak also ran to some random guy’s house, to help him, although he didn’t ask for any help.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter