Sunday Candy

Life Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright Sunday as I entered the newly opened pastry house that had become the talk of the town. There was a soft ringing sound as the door swing open. The walls of the café were painted with soft color of caramel, with a hint of pink. There are few soft pink couches placed in every corner of the room, completed with simple wooden coffee table. The smells of cinnamon mixed with chocolate were all over the room. I approached the counter as I saw some beautifully designed cupcakes and muffins arranged neatly in the pastry displace case.

 

“May I take your order, miss?”

 

I nodded, eyes on the menu displayed at the walls above the cashier’s head.

 

Suddenly, I heard a guy’s voice, clearing his throat, “Vanilla latte, two please.” He said, as he locked eyes with mine when I turned my head to look at him. “You okay with it, right?”

 

Oh, okay you know who he is. Of course God, what a fate You have for me.

 

“Yeah.” I blurted out, trying to act cool but I swore I knew I look like a clueless monkey.

 

“I’m paying. Why don’t you sit down first? I’ll bring them for you.” He said again, flashing his goddamn eyesmiles.

 

I nodded and headed to a small wooden coffee table at the corner of the room. Later, we ended up sitting across each other, drinking vanilla latte, with me reading through the book I borrowed from the library last Friday, and him staring through the window while bopping to music with his red headphones. I peeked into his Iphone, saw that he was listening to some kind of hiphop music that was kinda my jam too. It was a cute song from Donnie Trumpet and The Social Experiment.

 

“Sunday Candy.”

 

I mouthed softly and nodded to myself, seem like he noticed that since he took off his headphones as soon as I said it.

 

“You listened to this?” He asked, voice appeared to be more enthusiastic than it should be, his eyes sparkled.

 

“Yeah, kinda.” I said, fidgeting through the pages of the novel I’d been reading just now.

 

“I thought you only read, not really into music.” He stated as he sipped a bit of his vanilla latte.

 

“Am I appear that boring to you?” I raised an eyebrow. “That album of Surf is my jam. Just now you listened to those hiphop, there are some of them that I listened to too.”

 

“Okay. You surprised me there.” He chuckled a bit. “By the way, it’s a bit embarrassing for me to admit it but you’ve been reading your book upside down.”

 

My eyes jolted open. What the actual f..

 

I stared at the book and it’s not upside down at all. I looked at him and he was covering his mouth with his hand, trying to contain his laughter. Instead he snorted and let out a loud laugh. Some of the other customers in the café turned to look at us, some even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter