| THE SUN’S FIRST RAY OF LIGHT

Dear Sunshine

 

Kim Taehyung grinned, checking himself out in the mirror. His light brown hair was left messy while his jet black suit was brushed to perfection (he made sure it was Gucci). He wore a contrasting red tie that he had continously been strengthening for the past ten minutes.

Oh, Tae.

He could hear his father’s footsteps descending down the stairs. He held his head up and grinned, finally satisfied with his look.

You’re such a hottie.

“Son, you have been staring at that mirror since we got back.” His father, a man in his late forties, pointed out with a small smile. “I don’t think your appearance has changed ever since then.”

“Of course not!” Taehyung spun around, shooting him his signature smirk, “I’m always this handsome.” He saw his father’s eyebrow raise up, followed by the corner of his lips, and quickly added, “Thanks to your genes, of course.

The older man roared in laughter. “Let’s go, we must not be late.”

“This is seriously the stupidest thing ever.” Yeseul huffed, fluffing up her hair. “Going to the most expensive restaurant in the city — are they flaunting their money or something?”

Chairman Park knew that his daughter was on edge. He couldn’t really blame her. “I’m sure they’re not, Yeseul-ah.

Yeseul rolled her eyes and was about to say something back, but she was stopped when a hand made contact with her shoulder. She widened her eyes and instinctively reached for the fork... and stabbed the hand with it.

“Ow!” Her victim grunted and quickly retracted his hand. “What was that for?!”

“Yeseul-ah!” Her father shot her a stern look. Yeseul turned around and saw a young man with messy brown hair and gorgeous shining brown eyes... wait, no.

“I’m sorry, but who are you?” She narrowed her eyes after saying her half hearted apology.

“Ahem, please allow me to introduce my son, Kim Taehyung. He’s very excited to meet you.” A man probably her father’s age stepped from behind him. “Have you been waiting long, Mr. Park?”

Her father stood up, smiling pleasantly. He nudged Yeseul and she stood up too, annoyed. “Oh, no, no. We just arrived.” Yeseul rolled her eyes again. It was a lie. They got to the place at least an hour before, just to make sure they arrive precisely on time, as her father had said. “Yeseul, this is Kim Taehyung, your-”

“YES. Yes. Okay.” Yeseul quickly interjected, rubbing her temples. “I know now.” She turned her head, glancing at Taehyung in distaste, “Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you, Kim Taehyung-ssi.

“Let us sit down.” Mr. Kim smiled. The four people took their seat. “I heard a lot of good things about your daughter.” He started, still smiling. “Always on top of her class, yes?”

Her father grinned. Yeseul knew that he loved to boast about her in front of everyone. She tuned out the rest of their conversation and glanced at her new fiancé... only to find that he was staring at her the whole time.

“Ugh, what?”

Taehyung replied with a smile. “You look beautiful.”

Yeseul looked at him tiredly. “You don’t look bad yourself. Isn’t that tie choking you, though?”

The man blushed red and fumbled with his tie. “W-well! It is, a bit...” The fumbling continued, and so did the rambling.

Yeseul sighed and reached for his tie, loosening it a bit in one quick motion. “There. Your lungs are grateful.” She smiled up. This guy is like a kid.

“T-Thank you.” He grinned like an idiot. The two finally realised that two pairs of eyes are watching them. “...What?”

“See, I knew you would warm up to him.” Mr. Park nodded, smiling.

Appa! I am not!”

“It might be a good idea to let them be together without us, yes?” Mr. Kim suggested. “You two go take a walk outside before the meal.” His suggestion was immiediately accepted by Mr. Park.

Yeseul sighed, stood up, and walked away.

“Give her time.” Mr. Park smiled sadly.

Taehyung stared at her retreating figure with a smile. “Of course I will.”

“Hey, Yeseul-ssi! Wait for me!”

Yeseul groaned and turned around, causing the man to halt. “Listen, Kim Taehyung-ssi. You’re a good guy, really. And I’m sure you’re, like, smart and all. But I already like someone.”

Taehyung’s face fell. “As in... boyfriend?”

Yeseul snorted. “No. He’s a longtime friend of mine. I’ve liked him as long as I know.. he never noticed it.” She smiled softly, “But that’s alright because I just.. like him.”

Taehyung sighed. “You’re really harsh, Yeseul-ssi, to talk about a guy like that in front of your fiancé.” He told her in a joking manner.

Yeseul crossed her arms. “Why? Why do you want to be with me? I’ve never even met you.”

“That is a story for another time.” He told her, “This time, I want you to tell me about this guy.” Yeseul raised an eyebrow questioningly, “I want to know if he’s worth being jealous about.” Taehyung chuckled. “I just want to get to know you, really.” He admitted truthfully.

Yeseul’s guarded expression softened. “Well... I guess it won’t hurt. Don’t regret it, Taehyung-ssi.

Taehyung smiled at her, “Oppa.”

“What?”

“Call me oppa.

Yeseul laughed and walked away. “Fine, op-pa. So as I said before, this guy is my longtime friend. I met him during middle school. He’s this mysterious kind of guy, but once you get to know him, he’s really warm and kind.”

Taehyung’s speed was in sync with hers. “And oblivious?”

Yeseul smiled. “Yeah. And oblivious... But tell me. Why are you doing this?”

“This what?”

“I stabbed your hand, was so cold to you, and left you at the restaurant. Why are you still so kind to me, even wanting to get to know me better?”

“Because I like you.” He said simply. “I like you, Park Yeseul.”

Something raced in Yeseul’s heart. “But I can’t return your feelings. I’m just going to break your heart.”

“Don’t worry, I’m used to it.” Taehyung shrugged, Because you have broken my heart twice, Park Yeseul.

“You’re weird.” Yeseul sat down on a bench, “A good kind of weird.” She admitted, tapping the seat next to her, “I’m interested in you, Kim Taehyung. Let’s start over.”

 


 

a/n: yeah i have no idea what i’m writing. taehyung finally appeared! more to come! i’m going to write a longer chapter next time... if i’m not too lazy.