001

BREAK, SHOOT, AND TEAR (끊다, 쏘다, 찢다)

Kim Seokjin inhaled deeply and tightened his grip on the knife. He pulled back his right hand and exhaled shortly before hurling the knife towards the target, the knife piercing its head. He smiled in satisfaction and reached for another knife. Just as he was about to throw it, the door to the knife department training room opened.

"Seokjin-sunbae!" A voice rang out, causing Seokjin to halt his movements.

It was his subordinate from the knife department. He was covered with sweat from running all the way to the training room.

"I told you to knock before coming in." Seokjin calmly said.

The subordinate flinched at his dangerously calm voice. "I'm sorry sunbae, but y-you're called to the office with the other six-"

Before he could finish his sentence, a knife suddenly flew across the room, wedging itself to the door that was alarmingly a few centimeters away from the shivering man's ear. He was stunned for a moment, and was about to say something when Seokjin growled. The poor man immediately closed his mouth, knowing full well what Seokjin would say.

"Leave."

———

"No way! That is not going to happen!" Min Yoongi shouted, unknowingly bumping into the shoulder of the man beside him, earning himself a disgusted glare.

The other six people nodded their heads in agreement.

"For once, I agree with you." The man who glared at him before, Jung Hoseok, said in response.

Bang Sihyuk chuckled. "I'm glad to see you all getting along, but it is already decided. And you can do nothing to stop it."

"But-" Yoongi started again.

"These criminals are the hardest to catch, and I believe the seven of you are the only people who can catch them." Bang Sihyuk interrupted. He then turned his head to look at a man who was shaking his head in annoyance. "Kim Namjoon. You're going to lead them."

Namjoon stared at Bang Sihyuk in disbelief and defiance. "What?! No!" He protested, "I loathe them and they're all from different departments!"

"The fact that you all are from different departments is an advantage. And not to mention, each of you are the best in your department." Bang Sihyuk let a small smirk grace his face, "Am I right, department leaders?"

Finally, Seokjin rose from his comfortable seat and spoke up. "Yes, but-"

"No buts." Bang Sihyuk's expression was stern now. "I will give you guys time to catch them in your own pace. However, if you fail to do so in one week, we will find out what or who your problems are. I will schedule a training in which all of you will participate in."

Upon hearing that, the seven guys began to shout and bicker in disapproval.

"Stop!" Bang Sihyuk's booming voice surprised all of them. The room immediately went silent. Bang Sihyuk rarely raised his voice and when he did, no one would dare defy him.

Knowing that he was serious, everyone nodded their heads begrudgingly.

"We'll try our best." Namjoon sighed, "And trust us, we will capture them in one week."

Hearing his reply, Bang Sihyuk leaned back on his seat and smiled. "Now that's what I want to hear."

———

"Why the  did you agree with what he said?" 

Kim Namjoon knew that as soon as they stepped out of Bang Sihyuk's office, the complaining would start again. He sighed in annoyance and turned around to face a fuming Jung Hoseok.

"I had no choice! Did you see the way he yelled at us?!" Namjoon snapped.

The seven men were heading towards the Central Armory. The Central Armory was what the armory in the main building was called. It was the biggest, storing a collection of the best weapons and military equipments from each department.

"You should have said no, stupid!" Hoseok spat and glared daggers at Namjoon, who was also glaring daggers at him.

Seokjin sighed at what he knew would be the start of a never-ending bickering before saying, "I hate to say this, but I agree with horsey."

Hoseok snapped his head at him with a you-did-not expression, "Who are you calling horsey?! I'm going to shoot your !" Hoseok exclaimed in disbelief and anger. And just like that, the third world war broke out.

Seokjin, Hoseok, and Namjoon started to bicker, leaving the three youngest agents shaking their heads in frustration. Jungkook couldn't take it anymore. "You guys are so childish!" He hissed, resisting the urge to slap their heads in hopes of retrieving the last bits of their common sense, "Are you sure you're not five?"

"And you're supposed to calm them down! What kind of leader are you?" Taehyung added, pointing at Namjoon accusingly.

Jimin chuckled. Then he glanced at Namjoon mockingly and said, "If we fail our mission, at least I know who to blame." He shrugged, smirking at the newly appointed leader.

"I will laugh at you if your arrow misses."

"I will slap you if your bomb hits me."

"Oh, don't worry." Namjoon chuckled before adding, "I'll make sure it hit you so hard you can't even move your arms."

"Guys." A voice called. Unfortunately, all of them were too busy shouting at each other to notice. Still holding his tablet that he carried around on his hands, Min Yoongi desperately tried to get their attention by clearing his throat... to no avail. He then repeated with a louder voice, "Guys!"

Still no response. Namjoon was practically this close to choking both Jimin and Hoseok, who were evading the attacks from Seokjin, who was yelled at by Jungkook and - now, - Taehyung. It was literally World War III on ing display.

"Oh my God, please help me, I am so done-"

He was cut off by a rudely loud and alarming beep coming from his tablet. Immediately, the room went silent. The other six, still frozen on their spot, looking like a ridiculous display of bloodthirsty soldiers during a war, stared at Yoongi's tablet suspiciously.

Yoongi stared at them back in diseblief. "What the ? I ing yelled at them and they didn't respond and-"

"What's that?" Namjoon cut him off.

Yoongi smiled sweetly. He hated it when people cut him off before he finished talking. "It's a tablet."

"Well no , idiot." Hoseok sneered while rolling his eyes.

"Well, genius. While you guys were too busy fighting with each other, I decided to track those motherers, and guess what?" Yoongi smiled triumphantly, "I found them." He shoved the tablet to Namjoon's hands with a satisfied expression. 

Without waiting for a reply, Yoongi turned around and started to walk away while the rest of them were still looking at him. Namjoon averted his gaze to the tablet that was now on his hands and read out what was displayed on the screen, "Gwangsan warehouse, thirty kilometres away from here." He blinked, "Isn't this the warehouse that was abandoned after that huge fire?"

Yoongi lifted his hand and waved dismissively, "Thank me later."