PROLOGUE

BREAK, SHOOT, AND TEAR (끊다, 쏘다, 찢다)

 

"Three minutes and twenty-six seconds," a man approved as he looked at the stopwatch in his hand, "That's our best record so far."

The others stared at him and shrugged nonchalantly.

"We can do better." One of them rolled his eyes, "And save your breath for running." He continued in annoyance.

All of a sudden, a deafening sound pierced the night, reminding them that they needed to get to safety as quickly as they could. Red lights shone on them, followed by shouts and footsteps, signaling that their escape had been known.

"Hey, stop!"

They only ran faster, ignoring the desperate calls behind them. After passing countless hallways, they finally arrived at the entrance gate, an enormous metal door with a small box next to it; the electronic access control.

One of them quickly pressed a sequence of numbers and the door opened with a mechanical beep.

"Two minutes!" The guy from earlier exclaimed, not forgetting to time the whole thing with his stopwatch.

The other guy smirked as the others patted his shoulder. "I'm only getting started."

The shouts from before caught up with them and they broke off into a run once more. They expected the darkness of the night to engulf them, but there was only light.

"You can't escape from us!"

Behind them were the running prison guards. And in front of them were what seemed like a sea of flooding lights from police cars, armed with guns. No matter how you looked at it, they were surrounded.

"Oh, yes, we can."

As soon as he said that, seven ropes dropped from the sky. The guards looked up in confusion at the sudden light that bathed them, only to see a helicopter waiting for the seven escapees.

"What the-"

With a smirk, each of them grabbed onto the ropes and the helicopter flew up, pulling them with it. The helicopter soon disappeared into the night sky, leaving the guards speechless.

"Damn, who are they?"

Murmurs spread through the guards. They were all curious about the identity of the seven criminals who succeeded in escaping the nation's strictest prison. The warden chuckled, knowing all too well who they were. Troublemakers was one way to define them. Criminals was another.

"They're GOT7."

 

———

 

"Boss, you need to hear this!" Kim Sejin, one of the elite agents in BigHit Intelligence Bureau, blurted as he slammed the door open.

Bang Sihyuk raised his head from the stack of paperworks in front of him and let out a deep sigh. "I know." He said.

"You know?!" Sejin exclaimed while walking closer to the older guy who merely nodded his head in response.

The news had indeed spread like wildfire throughout the entire bureau. Many agents were left speechless when they knew that these criminals were able to escape from the strictest prison in Korea.

"And you're not going to do anything about it?" Sejin asked incredulously, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you mean by that? I'm Bang Sihyuk, of course I've planned everything."

"And what is this plan?" Sejin questioned impatiently, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "Are you going to send agents to capture them?"

Bang Sihyuk chuckled. "Yes. But not just any agents."

Sejin stared at him in confusion, urging him to elaborate.

Bang Sihyuk continued, "These seven agents are the best of the best. They're special."

Sejin was silent for a few seconds when something clicked inside his head. He snapped his head up and cautiously asked, "You're not thinking what I'm thinking, are you?"

Bang Sihyuk smirked. "Oh, I certainly am."