EXAM

ANNOYING DESKMATE

11


You cried for the whole night because you felt betrayed. He said he liked you. He said he loved you. He asked you for a chance but he ruined it. Or maybe, you ruined it. You took longer to gather your feelings. You played hard to get. Maybe he was too tired to get your attention. Maybe he was bored of waiting. You sniffed and wiped your runny nose with tissue.

 

"Uh..?" You picked up the tissue box and looked into it. The tissues are gone. All are gone! You cried even more as you took out another box of tissue from inside of your drawer. Even tissues ditched you. You thought with a broken heart.

 

If a day you used to cry, another one day you used to fixed your face. You can't go to school with a face like that. Your face swell and the eye bags were the worst thing ever. Your mother just shook her head as she helped you applying the home made face mask.

 

"It may be not his fault. You didn't see what they did after." Your mother spoke. She knew everything because she made you so. She forced you to tell her since you cried so hard last night. You puckered your lips hearing your mother was backing up Taehyung.

 

"No guys hate being kissed." You spat with an annoyed tone.

 

"No guys like kissing girl they don't love." Your mother shot back. You give your mother a glare and she raised her brow. After quite sometimes of staring competition, your mother gives up.

 

"Whatever. Live your life anyway you want. It's yours after all." Your mother is also done with your stubborn attitude. She knew something had gone wrong. How Taehyung didn't received her letter when she had put it in?

 

 

On Monday, first day of exam starts.

 

You arrived at school and see Taehyung waiting for someone at the school gate. You immediately remembered the girl last Friday evening. You huffed your cheeks and you walked through the gate totally ignoring his existence.

 

"Yerin," he called your name. As you planned, you ignored him. Taehyung sighed and he fasten his step then he grabbed your elbow; turning you to face him.

 

"Oh, Taehyung. Hi," you acted like you were surprised to see him just as if you didn't hear him calling you just now.

 

"Last Friday, did you waited for me?" He calmly asked. You furrowed your eyebrows and tilted your head. Now you are acting to remember last Friday event. Did-we-have-an-appointment expression was all over your face. If someone from acting agency saw your performance right now, you might get recruited to be an actress!

 

"I'm sorry, I thought Thursday evening was our last tutor?" You excellently done your acting.

 

"No, you said you have something to tell me. What is it?" Taehyung can't believe you. He was confused. He was totally wrecked seeing your clueless expression.

 

"Kim Taehyung, I have nothing to tell you except good luck and all the best in your exam. And what do you mean by last Friday? I didn't remember if we had an appoinment causing one of us to wait for each other. I didn't wait for anyone at that day, I went straight home." You with your poker face said that without any flaws of lying.

 

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. He can sense that you are lying right now. Though you lied confidently you still can't hide your eyes. Not only mouth that speaks, eyes also speaks.

 

"When I mentioned about my shoe locker, you acted like you knew it." This time, Taehyung attacked with fierce eyes. He always used his eyes for everything: to steal your heart, to annoy you and to attack you.

 

"I knew what? I didn't know anything about your shoe locker. Even anything inside it!" Your voice went cold. Taehyung was forcing on you. You didn't like it because he might found out the truth. But you took a wrong step. Without you realizing, you slowly took his bait.

 

"Anything inside it? Huh, so it really was you. You're the one." Taehyung stood closer to you. You took a step closer too only to unknowingly spat the truth.

 

"For your information, I.Didn't.Knew.Anything.About.It. I didn't sent you any letter and I didn't waited for anyone on that ing Friday evening!" You voice hitched as you are about to finish your sentence. Taehyung's eyes suddenly went soft.

 

"I have never mentioned that I received a letter Yerin," he told you. Now he got you. Your heart twitches and you pushed him away, running away from him.

 

You met with your friends on the way to the hall and you avoided their questions about how your confession plan went. You sneakily changed the topic and entered the hall and your friends let it off for now.

 

But Hanny eyed you. Same as your mother and Taehyung, they got extra terrifying senses. They can easily sense if something had gone wrong with you and they will dig as deep as they can to get a hold of it.

 

Without you knowing, Hanny met Taehyung and she told him about your confession plan. They met after the exam ends at the library.

 

*       *       *

 

"Here, the picture of her letter." Hanny showed Taehyung the letter you wrote for him.

 

"Let's meet in the library, our usual spot. I have something to tell you."

 

That what was written on the blue paper. You did sent him a letter! Taehyung was very happy to know that. Taehyung also can't hide his smile seeing the letter again and noticing the cute designs of penguin on the letter. Why is she so cute? He thought.

 

Library? So she really wanted to meet in the library. But...

 

Taehyung looks to his right and he can clearly saw the rooftop. Recalling the kiss scene on last Friday, Taehyung frustratedly cupped his face. He groaned roughly with fingers curling up to a veiny fist. That girl! He gritted his teeth. Yerin must saw us. She can clearly saw us from here. Taehyung now knew why you avoided him.

 

"Thanks Hanny. But what should I do? She doesn't want to talk to me." Taehyung said sadly. Hanny giggled and she shook her head.

 

"Oh God Taehyung. What did you do when she didn't notice your existence? What did you do to make her to finally talk to you? Have you forgotten it?" Hanny raised a brow with a teasing smile.

 

Taehyung returned that smile as he softly laughed.

 

"Hanny, I swear I'm crazy if I forgotten it."

 

And therefore, the annoying deskmate will make his comeback.

 

-to be continued

 

wahh long time no update! XD 

SO SORRY!! <3

Enjoy reading okay hehe and drop your thoughts about this chapter below~

-Sharin