June

Every Road Leads to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please fasten your seatbelts as we are ready for landing." The pleasant voice of the flight attendant, a tall brunette with a sweet smile and kind eyes made the boy look up, barely hearing her through the music that blasted through his cat-patterned earphones. And yet, he already knew what she had said: he had heard it so many times before. Every time it was the same routine: the very same words said with the very same voice. Sometimes - that is if he traveled with the same airline -  he even saw familiar faces and more genuine grins. They recognized him he was up in the air so frequently with them, after all!

A frown tugged at his delicate features as the plane finally reached the ground: this was a bumpy one for sure. It was not often that he noticed it anymore, but sometimes even he could be surprised. It was funny in its own way: he felt more at home up in the sky than anywhere else.

 He could not help the way he bounced off his seat the moment the signs said he could: this time he was beyond excited about his destination. It was not every day that someone was in Paris, after all! This was his first time in Europe. He had started in China, and had traveled between counties. Sometimes he volunteered, sometimes he worked, sometimes.. 

Well, he had done many things, for sure. 

But Europe would be no different. His goal to see it all was something he had decided on much before he had left. 

He still had time, he sometimes had to remind himself. 

No one was rushing him yet. 

Paris was the way he had always imagined it to be. He did not speak a word in French really: it was something he regretted badly after the fifteenth attempt of getting a taxi that did not seem like a scam. But soon, he found a bus that would take him right near where his hostel was. 

That was when he finally fished out his camera from his luggage. It did not have much: just the bare minimum amount of clothes, a small laptop, his camera and a book or two. He believed that what he sought was the adventure, and that did not require him to carry many things. Admittedly, he did have his journal as well, but that was it really.

He was braving the world with all he had, and he knew that he was doing the right thing. 

"Hello everyone!" he said with a wide but tired smile as he grinned into the old little cam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter