Date

Date

Most people preferred to go watch a fireworks show with their romantic partner. However, being single was not a valid excuse to refuse to go and enjoy it as well. At least that's what Yun Ho and Jae Joong thought that night.

The eldest was the most excited because of the whole show that had been announced for weeks. Yun Ho was not paying so much attention to the pyrotechnic games and the colors they used to illuminate the sky. His attention was entirely for JaeJoong’s happy face, for he looked lovely when he played as if he could catch the stars and lights. He could swear that, during that moment, time froze and they were the only people on the planet.

The way back was long and they were tired, but both of them felt very happy. Suddenly, without saying anything, they held each other's hands and interlaced their fingers. Just like that, without a reason. They then exchanged a smile and continued walking. "A perfect night," thought the tallest one.

After a while, Jae Joong thanked him sincerely for agreeing to go out with him. And a second after that, Yun Ho made a serious mistake.

"This ... looks like a date," he said without much thought, feeling the blood instantly rise to his cheeks. Even so, he could not withdraw what he had already said.

"Huh? What are you saying, Yun Ho?" he laughed nervously. "Stop joking. This is not a date; it's just two good friends hanging out."

"Ah, this is… Yes, yes, of course. This is just two friends hanging out."

Jae Joong looked away and, before the other boy could react, his fingers were no longer interlaced. Although it was not very cold, Yun Ho did not take long to miss that warmth.

It had been exactly a year since that time when he had ended up feeling very embarrassed. Of course, it had not been his intention to make Jae Joong feel uncomfortable, but he never had the opportunity to explain it properly. Time kept passing by and, since none of them was willing to let something like that awkward situation end with their friendship forever, they were able to stay together without a problem.

No matter how much time passed, from time to time the owner of his thoughts was no one else than his best friend. It was really pleasant to think of him and even hear the sweet sound of his laughter by closing his eyes and concentrating, but that could also become dangerous if he stayed daydreaming for a long time. Although he respected Kim Jae Joong, sometimes he would let his imagination run wild and he even came up with some "forbidden" thoughts... But was he really a hundred percent guilty of it? After all, he doubted there was a single person in the world who could deny that Jae Joong was a hypnotizing boy. Every time he turned to see him, his heart was fussing and he felt like going closer to him to hug him tightly against his chest, to enjoy its unique aroma, to slowly run its snowy skin with his fingers, to get lost in those beautiful dark brown eyes, to pass his hand down that smooth black hair and descend slowly down his cheek to his fleshy lips, which he wanted to kiss until he got tired. He was very much in love.

Why the hell couldn't he dare to declare his feelings at once? As much as he wanted to be direct and just jump right in to express his true feelings, as he almost did that night, he had to put aside all that fear of ruining the beautiful friendship that existed between them and which had lasted for many years. It was no simple matter.

But damn it! He deserved a prize or something for having learned how to control himself, especially when he was near or in front of Jae Joong. He was sure that, at least until that moment, he had not the slightest suspicion as to what was going through his mind.

He took a deep breath and let the air out slowly through his mouth. He was going to go crazy. He could not let another day pass, he had to let Jae Joong know how he really saw him once and for all. That night had to be the ideal one, he had to find the right moment.

"Yun Ho-yah!" He suddenly heard his friend's voice talking to him, it was impossible to mistake him for someone else or not to recognize him. "Sorry I'm late." He offered a sincere apology at the time he came closer to the other boy as fast as he could. "JiJi escaped and I had many problems to reach him, can you believe it? It is difficult to find him during the day, now just imagine how it is during the night. At least none of us ended up hurt," he tried to joke a little bit. "You ... Have you been waiting for me for a long time?" Asked the elder, who was clearly ashamed.

While hearing his words, he pulled out his cell phone and, with a confused look, he checked what time it was. Without even realizing it, he had been waiting for the black-haired boy for a little more than forty minutes on some bench in a square! Time really flew away when he thought of him. The good thing about his plan was that he had considered everything, so he had chosen an hour before the time he actually needed.

"No, don't worry," he smiled honestly, putting the device back into the back pocket of his pants and getting up. "The good thing is that you found JiJi and that you are already here."

He let out a sigh of relief. "All right. So, where will we go? You said you wanted to show me something, but you didn't want to give me any clue." He then crossed his arms, pretending to make a complaint. "You really are cruel when you want to."

The brown-haired boy could not help letting out a soft laugh just by seeing the expression on Jae Joong's face. "Did you want me to ruin the surprise?" He defended himself.

"No, it's not that. I'm just saying that a clue would have been nice."

"Well, you'll see." His smile spread a little bit. "Come with me."

Yun Ho began to guide the way through the center of the city, silently admiring the spark of curiosity and excitement in the eyes of his friend. To him, he looked more and more beautiful every second, but he lacked the courage to say it aloud.

After walking for a long while, they ended up in a place far away from civilization, but Jae Joong felt safe because of the simple fact of having the company of Yun Ho. It also helped that they were not completely alone, because other people were very close to that area.

"What are we doing here?"

"This is where you'll see the surprise."

"Here?" he could not imagine what it might be. "Come on! Give me a clue!"

"You're curious," he laughed. "Look up."

Jae Joong obeyed in that same instant and stared at the sky for a good couple of minutes, trying to find something hidden among the stars, like a message or something like that, but he wasn't able to decipher anything.

More and more people began to gather around them or to get quite close. Jae Joong didn't understand why, but everything was beginning to seem very strange to him. What was it all about?

He was only seconds from asking, but all his doubts disappeared when the first firework of the night appeared in the starry sky, impressing those who were there.

"What…?"

"You didn't know it, did you?" Yun Ho was quite pleased with the situation. "Today there's a firework show in this place. Surprise!"

The black-haired boy turned to see the brown-haired for a moment and then only began to laugh. He was not making fun of him or anything like that. It was the opposite; his laughter was one of pure happiness. Yun Ho knew him very well, he knew what kind of things he liked and how he could entertain him. The time he spent with him was very special because of those little details that he sometimes didn't even notice until much later.

"This is…" He just couldn't find the right words to describe it. "It's beautiful, Yun Ho."

"Yes… Really beautiful," he repeated without taking his eyes off the elder.

When the show ended, everyone started walking back to the city, most likely to go home. Halfway, Yun Ho held Jae Joong's hand without saying a word, wishing with all his heart not to be rejected. He was very happy when the other boy's hand corresponding to the grip was what he received as an answer.

"Yun Ho-yah ... I don't want this to sound like a weird thing, but… This begins to feel like a date." He laughed nervously and bit his lower lip slightly, remembering the very similar words that the brown-haired had said a year before. At that time he had not thought well before reacting, and it didn't occur to him that he might have hurt the feelings of that boy who was doing nothing besides being kind to him. Was it too late to say "I'm sorry"?

He suddenly felt like an idiot. He thought Yun Ho was probably going to react the same way he had done before and that he would just let go of his hand. For some reason, he disliked that thought a lot. He didn't want to let him go, he didn't…

That's why he was really surprised when instead of having the situation repeating itself, the taller guy smiled broadly and, just before winking at him, he said: "This is a date."

Both of them stopped walking at the same time, as if they could read each other's mind. Yun Ho made direct eye contact with Jae Joong for a little while and then he finally got himself encouraged to softly caress one of the other's cheeks. Touching his skin was even better than what he had imagined, he had to admit it.

"Yun Ho-yah…"

"Jae Joong," he whispered his name at the time he slightly leant in until he caught the other's lips with his own and joined them in a kiss full of love.

Even though the black-haired guy wasn't able to kiss him back instantly, he felt complete and still reacted in good time to wrap his arms around the younger's neck and deepen the kiss a little bit.

As they parted, they were both flushed, but smiling. And of course, their hearts were beating faster than normal, like crazy. Yun Ho had just broken a stupid barrier that he himself had put on because of his fear. He had never felt better before in his life.

"Hey… We haven't had dinner yet," Jae Joong said, noticing that his hand had once more looked for Yun Ho's practically on his own. "And you already know that I'm good at cooking… Say, would you like to go to my place?" He caressed the brown-haired guy's hand with this thumb. "My bed is big, so… If it gets too late, you can stay over with me."

"I think it's a fantastic idea."

Without letting go of each other's hand and without getting rid of their smiles, they kept walking together towards Jae Joong's house.

The End.