Special Christmas Chapter (1/2)

Sweeter than cake (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Minhyun, can't you ask Baekho and his friend to help us out at the christmas event we're gonna hold for the café?”, Ren asked while carrying some boxes.


On the christmas event they usually would invite a live band for their customers, dress up and offer limited christmas treats and so on, the event day was usually a big hit amongst their customers and it was already that time of the year so they were really busy with preparations for it.


“Are you crazy I can't just ask him out of the blue to help out, we barely know each other.”, Minhyun replied to Ren's request.


„But we can't keep up with the workload at the café it's too much for us to handle, I always feel like dying after our shift.“, Ren whined, putting his hand on his back to demonstrate how much his back hurt.


„I know that you don't feel comfortable with the thought of inviting him but it would be a great help.“, Aron said joining their conversation.


„Just think about the positive side of inviting him, you can spend more time with him and get to know him better. It's like killing two birds with a stone, you get to spend more time with Baekho and we have more helping hands for the event.“, Ren said smiling proudly at Minhyun, to receive the dark haired boys approval for his allegedly idiot proof plan.


„Please consider it at least.“, Aron added, the three of them were preparing the event by themselves since most of the other staff were sick or couldn't help because of other reasons.

Minhyun actually lied to them about the fact of not being close to Baekho, in fact he's gotten a little closer to the blonde boy since their so called ‚date', if he even can call it a date. They met quite often in college after that and had some small talk when they saw each other. They even ate together at the cafeteria a few times and Minhyun was able to get to know Baekho better and with each time his love for the boy grew even more and it got harder to conceal his feelings. He didn't know how the blonde boy felt about him so he didn't even think about something as daring as confessing. It was a real dilemma for Minhyun, at the event they would probably be stuck to each other, making it hard for him but at the same time he really liked the idea of spending more time with the blonde guy.


„Seriously, if you're not gonna do it then I'm gonna do it next time I see him, he still owes me a favor anyways.“, Ren retorted.


„N-no I will do it, leave it to me.“, Minhyun answered, not wanting Ren to say something unnecessary that would trouble Baekho, like he always does.

 

Minhyun and Ren were already sitting inside the colleges cafeteria on the following day during lunchtime looking for Baekho. Minhyun was lowkey hoping not to come across him, he nervously shifted on his seat and picked at his food until Ren jabbed him from the side causing him to drop his fork. The dark haired boy slowly raised his head to follow Ren's eyes until they landed on Baekho's figure and as expected he wasn't by himself. JR was following him around as always like a puppy, Minhyun sighed but nevertheless called out to Baekho as he neared their table.


„Hey Baekho want to join us?“ Minhyun cringed at his own awkward brightness but it did the trick, cause the blonde boy turned around and approached them while smiling.


„Sure why not.“ Baekho and JR carried their trays with food to their table and sat down with them.


„How have you guys been?“, Minhyun asked, trying to set his jealousy towards JR aside and include him into their conversation for the blonde boy's sake. 


„Just a little stressed out from college life but aside from that we've been fine and how have you guys been?“, Baekho answered for himself and JR.


Ren was having none of Minhyun's small talk to avoid the main issue of their little get together and kicked his friends shin under the table to remind him of his original purpose of getting more helping hands for their christmas event. The dark haired boy flinched at the unexpected pain that ran through his leg.


„Are you okay?“ Baekho asked after noticing how the taller boy grimaced in pain.


„Yeah I'm fine….but there's actually a reason why I called out to you guys“ Minhyun said with guilt in his voice while rubbing his shin in a soothing manner.


„Really? What is it?“ The blonde boy seemed genuinely interested in what Minhyun had to say and curiously eyed the dark haired boy while bringing a spoon of his rice to his mouth.


„So….the café Ren and I work at is planning a christmas event, but we're kinda short on employees at the moment and we wanted to ask if it’s possible for you guys to help us out on that day?.“


Baekho was deep in thought for a moment while chewing his food slowly, before asking „On which day is it?“


„This Saturday, I would understand if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter