Snow

Exo's New Hybrid

1.Snow

It was another cold day, or at least I assumed when seeing the white flecks quickly fly down the window. The cold concrete underneath me was another clear sign of what had to be under freezing temperature outside. It was silent, except for breaths and heartbeats that my sensitive ears picked up. It was a perk of being a hybrid, and one that was also a hybrid of feline genetics. 

I had been here for what felt like years, and in reality I had for about a year and a half. The multiple bruises and scars from beatings could clearly show that. Before I had hope that someone would find me or at least call the Hybrid Rescue Department for them to take me away, but here I still sit. 

It was now that I heard the footsteps. Those footsteps that I could recognize anywhere. The mans steps sounded like thunder in my ears, and I felt like a storm was approaching where I had no shelter. The fear itched beneath my skin, but I knew it wouldn't go away with a scratch. It was permanent. I would never be able to escape the fear, it was impossible. 

The footsteps continued to get louder and it was now I could tell he was in front of the basement door. The hinges shrieked. The stairs creaked. I cowered. There was no hiding though, I knew this, but I always attempted. I was to weak to even try to escape. The pittance of food and water had taken its toll on my frail body. The man picked me up roughly by the collar of my torn shirt. I tried to fight, but he easily overpowered me. He quickly pulled me up the stairs, my body hitting every one of them. He had never taken me out of the basement. I slightly whimpered from the new environment and my poor body hitting either the floor or stairs. "Shut up you mutt." Was the reply from the man. I usually knew better to make noise, as it only angered him more, but it was impossible to here. There were so many new scents and sights. As soon as I had gotten somewhat used to the surroundings the front door was being opened. A gush of new scents and cold wind rushed over my body. The sunlight hit my eyes and body in a bright beam. It was now where I couldn't stop thinking. 'What is he doing to me.' 'Am I finally being let go?'

It was so cold outside. The snowflakes had fallen into large piles now, and the wind was chilling. I knew that I would die in this cold atmosphere. There was no way my already malnourished and beaten body could also withstand the cold. I was thrown into the snow and all I heard was a slam of the door. I didn't know if I should feel relieved or frightened. Surely I would met my death if I had stayed with that man any longer, but I was afraid that out here my death would be faster. I didn't quite know how to feel now. Finally being put back outside after a year and a half was amazing, but not in these circumstances. 

My first instinct was to try and find another human, hopefully a nice one, that would either let me back into warmth or at least call Hybrid Rescue. I'd rather be anywhere else than in that house with that man or out in the cold dying. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! Thank you so much for giving my story a read. I previously wrote a story very similar to this, but deleted it because I started to hate writing it. I love this plot so much that I wanted to write another story about it. AND HERE IT IS!! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! I should be updating again very soon :)
Have a great day~~