Model?

That's My Daddy
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mark honestly didn’t know what he was doing; watching over 20 customers queueing up just to order any dosirak of their choice while he orders his, just to get them delivered to the company he’ll be making his way over very soon. What was he trying to achieve with all these packed lunches really? Who was he trying to impress?

 

His life has been mundane, as he sat there, waiting and mulling over in his own thoughts, the same routine repeated over and over again, up until he met Park and son (he chuckled a little; Park and son). It’s been full of surprises, honestly. He’s been called ‘daddy’, more times that he could count, before he hit 30; which was never on his vision board when he was 16. He has a hot neighbour with a fairly cute son; whom the only resident in the complex he knew of aside from the landlady. He has exposed himself to a minor twice; when and where, he’s pretty sure all of them remembered. The poor child.

 

He could add another one to the list when he was caught by surprise by his current ‘odd job’ offer. No, he’s not in the industry. Oh my God, you guys think so highly of me! Well, he didn’t really bother to check the details, as he usually never did with his previous jobs. But when his sort-of manager, Bang Yongguk, texted him about a new job offer, Mark wasted no time in calling his manager to ask him if the other was kidding.

 

“What the heck, kid?” Mark could almost imagine the raise of his manager’s brow.

 

“Is this for real? Did Daebak & Co. really hire me?” he questioned Yongguk again.

 

The guy on the other end grunted, “this is not the usual you, and joking is not my real forte, man.”

 

He scoffed, “aegyo is not your forte, brother.”

 

“Whatever,” he chuckled, “heard the offer floating around, picked it for you. They want you tomorrow first thing in the morning. You’d have to find someone by the name Park Jinyoung.”

 

Mark twerked on his bed when he heard the name. “What product are we talking?” he inquired again.

 

“New street style collection by this upcoming designer kid, Zelo.”

 

“Clothes,” he smirked, “I could definitely do. Wait a minute, which name did you use, hyung?”

 

“Mark, seriously, man, you’re acting weird. For sure it’s the one on your resume, Yi-En Tuan.”

 

“You’re the best, Yongguk hyung! Thanks a bunch!”

 

Mark was kicking around wildly and making caterpillar-like moves that he ended up on the floor not a minute after. That better not leave no scar.

 

He was done placing his order, and walked off from the restaurant in an instant. If you were to observe him from afar, there’s a slight skip in his step and Mark was greeting anyone who passed his way. Even when no one really bothered to reply, Mark wanted to spread the positivity that was buzzing in him. Maybe it was in his coffee, maybe it was in the Nutella dipped banana breakfast he had, or maybe because he’s had a good night sleep.

 

Or maybe because you’re about to surprise Park Jinyoung, eh? His inner diva rolled its eyes at him, Mark just knew it, that .

 

 

He unlocked the window beside him, neither was it hot nor stuffy in the bus but he just felt like it, felt like taking in a few deep breaths of the carbon monoxide filled air of the city, on his way over to Daebak & Co. It was an all-new part of the town for him, the part that he travelled less, even his previous jobs didn’t require for him to come to this part of the town.

 

Daebak & Co. stood proudly, despite the other neighbouring buildings looming over it, baby blue in paint, soft, tame, yet it held immense credibility for a private advertising company. Mark caught sight of quaint cafes, fancy restaurants, a hardware store and a few beauty shops, wondering if Jinyoung frequented any of them on a daily or weekly basis. He made his way into the building, striding across the entrance, towards the awaiting receptionist, who undeniably eyed him from top to toe.

 

"Good morning," he beat her to it, greeting her first thing as she slipped her hair behind her ear, avoiding eye contact when she realized she was caught staring. "I'm here to see Park Jinyoung for Zelo's photoshoot."

 

"Good morning, " she addressed him, sorting the already sorted paper on her desk, "I'll get Mr. Park for you, please give me a moment."

 

Mark offered her a nod, then he looked around the interior of the building as the receptionist called for Jinyoung. He can't wait to see the other's reaction when they would meet face-to-face. He was so giddy at the thought of it that he almost didn't catch the click-clacking of Jinyoung's black leather shoes against the floor. He turned rapidly, giving the other only his back view.

 

"Mr. Park, here's one of the models for today's photoshoot," Mark heard the receptionist say as Jinyoung came to a halt just a couple of steps behind him.

 

"Thank you for coming, Mr-"

 

Turning around ever so slowly for dramatical effect, Jinyoung gave Mark the exact reaction he needed to see. Jinyoung's eyes widened, first into surprise and then recognition, with a hint of admiration.

 

"Mark, you didn't tell me you were coming over!"

 

"Wait, do I need to give a daily report of my whereabouts now?"

 

"No," he shook his head in disbelief, "no, wait a minute, you're one of the models for today?"

 

Mark nodded, "I know I may not have the height, but someone has to make money to feed this tummy 'aight?"

 

"No," shaking his head again, "no, you're good looking! Well uh I mean yeah."

 

Jinyoung turned his attention to the receptionist who had been following their conversation like it was nobody's business. "Thanks for ringing me." But the girl didn't reply, as she only bowed and busied herself, again, with the already sorted, sorted papers.

 

"Come on, I'll take you to the studio. You'll be parading Zelo's debut fashion line, and I heard he's good. The other models will be arriving pretty soon and I can't wait to see what you'll be wearing."

 

"Are you sure that's not you trying to get me as soon as possible?"

 

Mark watched as the tips of Jinyoung's ears reddened he swore his finger would burn if he touches them.

 

"Funny," he considered, "would have done that sooner if I knew invitation wasn't needed."

 

Their friendly banter or flirting or conversation? Well whatever you wanna call that stopped as Jinyoung guided him towards the studio as he pushed the double doors to reveal a greyish studio with snow white back screen laid with the usual octagonal umbrellas on both side, a variety of grid reflectors, wires of the light kit snaking and meandering around the studio, just as Mark had always seen in a photoshoot setup.

 

Mark was ushered towards a sofa nearby, Jinyoung politely asking him to wait for the other models to arrive as Jinyoung made his way back to the lobby to greet the rest of the models, who just arrived.

 

Everything flash by as all of the models arrived and they were all dolled up including Mark. The makeup artist, who he befriended right the moment she touched his face, was telling him about this other job she had for an ice cream commercial and they laughed aloud at her joke, had just finished touching up his brows when Jinyoung came by with a clipboard in hand.

 

"Let's go with a fierce concept, as we agreed on earlier. Zelo's here, once he has gone over the details with the set designer and photographer, we'll start shooting right away," the whole crew answered with their 'yes's and 'okay's after he finished briefing them.

 

Jinyoung turned to his side, and their eyes met. Mark smiled at him, knowing all too well that he looked different after he had some makeup on his face. The other was stunned for about a few seconds before he cleared his throat and broke their eye contact.

 

"Why," Mark inquired, "do I look weird, Jinyoung?" Mark could feel the deep lines appearing on his brows as Mark furrowed them.

 

"Weird? No! You look, uh, uh look, yeah."

 

The makeup artist turned her head towards Jinyoung, as if daring him to say anything negative with her creation. She shot Jinyoung a curious glare. "You guys know each other?" The glimmer in her eyes shone bright with interest.

 

"We just met downstairs." "We are close."

 

"I mean we're close." "Uh, we just met downstairs."

 

"Okay, okay," she held her brow brush between them like it was a wand, "so you guys coincidentally met downstairs and got closer just like that?"

 

"No." "Yes." The paleness on Jinyoung's face was evident enough that they should stop answering different things at the same time.

 

"Or you guys were already close, and happen to meet downstairs?"

 

"Yes." "No."

 

"Okay, no, hold up, for real this time. Jinyoung, you stay put, I want to hear it from Mark," Sooji directed the innocent brow brush towards him. "Are you guys a couple?"

 

"Co-couple? What are you talking about? That's just rid-ridiculous."

 

"Yah, Sooji. What the heck?! That's not something you're supposed to ask someone you just met."

 

"Alright, alright, don't need to get all protective. I was just poking some fun at you guys," she grabbed onto a tissue in her makeup kit, waving the item in Jinyoung's face facetiously. "Zelo's looking over here, I think he needs you. And before you go, take this, you have drool all over you."

 

Sooji cackled when Jinyoung wiped his mouth to confirm her accusation, cursing under his breath as he left them with a huff.

 

"Office romance is cute, you know. Always had a thing for it," she grabbed onto a setting spray.

 

"I think there's a misunderstanding, Sooji. It's definitely not what you think."

 

"It's definitely whatever I want to think it is. Close your eyes for me, please," and she sprayed a generous amount on his face, the fragrant almost choking Mark, "honestly, Mark, I've worked with him for so long, that I know Park Jinyoung's eyes don't linger for a model any longer than 5 seconds, and stuttering is definitely not Junior Manager Park's thing."

 

"Probably because we're friends?" he offered, a hint of hesitation that he regretted right away.

 

"Do friends blush and gape at one another?" She retorted.

 

"Did I blush?" His eyes widened.

 

"Honey, I don't even need to apply blusher on you," she smirked.

 

"Lord, that's embarrassing," he face-palmed himself.

 

"So, you see. Even right now, with the cute designer in front of him, he still steals look at you," she paused for effect and waved behind Mark. "Say, Mark, how comfortable are you shooting with your top off?"

 

 

 

First things first, what the fudge. Why fudge? Because Jinyoung has Taeyoung, and what if someday he needed to curse? So, he better get himself used to the ideas of replacing crude words with food. That's beside the point, because, again what the fudge?!

 

Someone should really call the doctor or something because Jinyoung is probably in a coma and he's dreaming of the weirdest 'sheep' in the world. Who would have thought that Mark, sweet, albeit y, candy and chocolate distributor, cooking failure Mark, would show up at Daebak & Co.'s lobby, looking cute and kind of satisfied(?) when Jinyoung finally recognized him.

 

Looking cute was one thing, then Sooji decided that it was better to turn his downstairs neighbour into ' on legs'. With just a bit of makeup to his face, with that brown hair slicked back to perfection – compared to his usual bed hair (which of course Jinyoung would never complain about) – while wearing one of Zelo's marked outfit; a grey v neck long sleeved shirt, skin tight jeans, with Adidas original sneakers, he just looked hot, God damn it, bloody hot. Enough said.

 

Jinyoung didn't know which looked better on Mark. Him in his apron and briefs, or in designer outfits.

 

"Okay, that's the concept." His answers were short, the new designer, clipped and precise, knowing very well what he wants.

 

"Anything else, Zelo?"

 

"The marked items are the first to go, right?"

 

"Yes, they are ready."

 

"Good, thanks."

 

"Mr. Park! Mr. Park! There seems to be a problem," one of the assistants ran up to him, probably not noticing Zelo was there. Jinyoung hoped to God it was something he could fix.

 

"What is it?" His voice had a certain restrain as he tried to avoid involving Zelo into the conversation, but indeed, the designer was having none of it, as he leaned into the conversation.

 

"One of the models came down with diarrhea and nothing is really helping him. He's taken a liking to the toilet, going back and forth in there every 5 minutes. Should we call in a replacement, Mr. Park?"

 

His head begun to construct a plan; going over the journey it takes to reach Daebak & Co., taking into account getting the right agency with the available model, getting the model ready in time.

 

Oh, dear Lord.

 

"It's fine," the tallest among the three of them said. "You don't need a replacement, Mr. Park."

 

"I beg your pardon?" Jinyoung threw the designer a puzzled look.

 

"You could fill the spot in," he stated, "by the looks of it, you'll fit the outfits just fine."

 

Once Sooji heard the news, Jinyoung was rushed into the fitting room, had his hair blown up, slicked and rigid, some make up slapped (literally) onto him and Jinyoung was pushed onto the set to pair with Mark.

 

Good Lord please save my soul.      

 

"I need the bromance vibe in this," the photographer shouted from behind his lens.

 

God, do you ever listen to my prayers?

 

Jinyoung sighed, and sighed. A hand gently squeezed on his wrist and Jinyoung finally had the courage to regard the man in beside him.

 

"Hey there newbie."

 

He wanted to slap that smile off Mark's face.

 

"I know it's your first time. But, there's always a little bit of a model in everyone. Just follow my lead, and we'll be done in no time."

 

"How are you so confident in me? I don't even trust myself."

 

"Well, what I lack in the kitchen, I'll have to make it up with being a good senior and teach you about what you're lacking in modelling." Mark grinned and Jinyoung finally felt the tense in his shoulder slowly dissipate and he smiled at Mark.

 

The camera flash went off, and Jinyoung didn’t even realize they were already shooting. "Keep it up!"

 

It was as if everything came naturally to him then. Of course, with Mark's patience in leading him; where his hand could go, how his face should look, whether his legs should turn this way or that.

 

It was their second set on the outfits, and Jinyoung was very, oddly, undeniably, overwhelmingly distracted by the number of buttons that are ed on Mark's plaid poplin shirt inside the ped brown jacket. Jinyoung got more and more distracted by the view he was getting when Sooji came up to the set, ed yet more buttons while letting the collars loose around Mark's neck. Zelo nodded in agreement and Jinyoung felt like kneeling, begging, for God to stop teasing him.

 

He just hoped that with their proximity, Mark couldn't hear how hard his heart was thrumming against his ribcage, because at that point, he could hear nothing but Mark's stable breaths, inhale, exhale, he could see nothing but how perfect Mark looked against him, beside him, his feature schooled into the kind of seriousness Jinyoung never got to see, he could smell nothing but Mark's unusual chocolate and clean soap scent, and could feel nothing but Mark pressed close to his side.

 

Jinyoung was truly bewitched by the other man. Maybe, this is what it feels like to start falling for someone.

 

Maybe, just maybe.

 

How often do you feel so comfortable with someone being in your personal space? How often do you just want to snuggle up, fit yourself against someone's neck and breath in their scent for God knows how long? How often do you look at someone's lips and just wish, wish so hard, throw-a-coin-in-the-wishing-well kind of wish, wish upon a star kind of wish, that you get to kiss them?

 

How often do

Please log in to read the full chapter